Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2015, 15:38   #46
BHPian

Re: My Video Review: 2015 Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi

Awesome video review man. It was a delight to watch it. Plus the Polo GT Tdi and the Figo drag race was another bonus!

P.S. Nice alloys you got there man.
midazolam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2015, 16:15   #47
BHPian

Amazing review there Karan Sir!

I have watched your other video as well and let me tell you something, you're videos are AWESOME. That drag race was a nice little touch. Overall, this video was better than most official videos from some automotive blogs out there.

Kudos to your effort and hoping many more videos to come!

-Adhi
The Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2015, 22:46   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Amazing video there again karan That lil drag race was a bonus, Proves that more power doesn't mean a faster car! Kudos to your effort and try and keep such videos coming!!

Hey Tanveer thanks for the appreciation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midazolam View Post
Awesome video review man. It was a delight to watch it. Plus the Polo GT Tdi and the Figo drag race was another bonus!

P.S. Nice alloys you got there man.

Thank you midazolam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan's Valet View Post
Amazing review there Karan Sir!

I have watched your other video as well and let me tell you something, you're videos are AWESOME. That drag race was a nice little touch. Overall, this video was better than most official videos from some automotive blogs out there.

Kudos to your effort and hoping many more videos to come!

-Adhi

Hey Abhi,

Like your handle 'satan's valet'

Thanks for your inspiring comment, shall do my best to bring more such videos in the coming weeks.
karan561 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 01:12   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

A quick post about the tyre upgrade;

Tyres: Continental Max Contact 5
Tyre size: 195/55 R15
Price: INR 5400/tyre

Rims: MOMO Revenge
Rim Size: 15"
Rim Color: Matt Anthracite
Rim Width: 6.5
Price: INR 29k (set of 4)
PCD: 108
Rim Weight: 8.30 Kg

The rims & tyres were bought and installed at Tire Right, Bhandup

My Video Review: 2015 Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi-imageuploadedbyteambhp1447616163.486459.jpg

The tyres were put on the rim pretty carefully & was a clean job
My Video Review: 2015 Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi-imageuploadedbyteambhp1447616191.234269.jpg

Balancing done (lesser weight wheels were put up front)
My Video Review: 2015 Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi-imageuploadedbyteambhp1447616211.927251.jpg

Good to go on the car;
My Video Review: 2015 Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi-imageuploadedbyteambhp1447616242.845437.jpg
My Video Review: 2015 Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi-imageuploadedbyteambhp1447616314.578016.jpg
My Video Review: 2015 Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi-imageuploadedbyteambhp1447616352.914618.jpg
My Video Review: 2015 Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi-imageuploadedbyteambhp1447616381.628110.jpg
My Video Review: 2015 Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi-imageuploadedbyteambhp1447616454.062967.jpg

Last edited by karan561 : 16th November 2015 at 01:19.
karan561 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 09:08   #50
BHPian

Congrats Karan561 on you new acquisition. And what a way to review this beast. Just goes on to show how addictive the diesel is. And the drag race. I was stunned to say the least.

You steed looks svelte after the tyre upgrade. Good choice of alloys there.

Happy and safe mile munching.
racer_ash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 12:17   #51
BHPian

Awesome review Karan , I haven't seen such a thrilling Indian car review till date. You gradually build up the excitement in this review just like the Fast and Furious series. I have watched it 3 times before posting this.
3 questions:
- Where in Mumbai did you do this review, especially the drag race?
- There was a camera that was constantly following the two cars in the drag race, please correct me if wrong here, if right then on what car did you put that camera on?
- Was it required to recalibrate the speedometer after changing the tyres?

A suggestion: The video was very driver centric. I believe that adding the details of boot-space and the space at the rear bench would have made it a complete all round review, just to appeal it to all sorts of masses out there.

You constantly mention very important things in favor of this car and for a buyer:
- budget performance hatch
- cheap to maintain
- spacious
- safe

Hope these point make a huge impact on the buyers but at the same time I would not want the new figo to become another Swift on the road
The car should have it's uniqueness every time it comes out on the road.

Thanks & Regards,
Amiya

Last edited by amiya.c : 16th November 2015 at 12:18. Reason: incorrect number
amiya.c is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 15:04   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
Congrats Karan561 on you new acquisition. And what a way to review this beast. Just goes on to show how addictive the diesel is. And the drag race. I was stunned to say the least.

You steed looks svelte after the tyre upgrade. Good choice of alloys there.

Happy and safe mile munching.
Thank you racer_ash & congrats again on your Figo as well. Do run her in well before you go all out

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiya.c View Post
Awesome review Karan , I haven't seen such a thrilling Indian car review till date. You gradually build up the excitement in this review just like the Fast and Furious series. I have watched it 3 times before posting this.
Your comment made my day amiya, Thank you

Quote:
3 questions:
- Where in Mumbai did you do this review, especially the drag race?
- There was a camera that was constantly following the two cars in the drag race, please correct me if wrong here, if right then on what car did you put that camera on?
- Was it required to recalibrate the speedometer after changing the tyres?
1 ) The review was largely shot in Mumbai & New Mumbai.

2 ) The camera car was my Toyota Fortuner

3 ) Nope

Quote:
A suggestion: The video was very driver centric. I believe that adding the details of boot-space and the space at the rear bench would have made it a complete all round review, just to appeal it to all sorts of masses out there.

You constantly mention very important things in favor of this car and for a buyer:
- budget performance hatch
- cheap to maintain
- spacious
- safe
Your suggestion is well taken.

Quote:
Hope these point make a huge impact on the buyers but at the same time I would not want the new figo to become another Swift on the road
The car should have it's uniqueness every time it comes out on the road.

Thanks & Regards,
Amiya
Yea i agree, i want the Figo to do well but not that well that its too common on the road.
Old 16th November 2015, 22:55   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post

1) Yes the PCD is 108 & no spacers were used.

2) Rim width is 6.5

3) No problem with that....
Thanks Karan for that valuable inputs.

I have few more for you
  1. How durable is Continental Max Contact MC5 tyres? Do they last like other normal tyres like Apollo Aceleres, Yoko Earth1, etc?
  2. What Air pressure are you maintaining?
  3. Continental Max Contact MC5s have unique thread pattern.My Video Review: 2015 Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi-mc5_tyre_uvdata.jpg So how the rotation of tyres are taken care? Just front to back and vice-versa or traditional X pattern.
  4. Is the 15" Conti a fuel guzzler when compared to stock 14"? I know this is not relevant but you may be occasionally peeping to that MID.
  5. Can we fold the electric-fold ORVMs backwards? If so less replacements in future.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers!

Vinu

Last edited by myavu : 16th November 2015 at 23:15.
Old 17th November 2015, 01:16   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Thanks Karan for that valuable inputs.

I have few more for you
  1. How durable is Continental Max Contact MC5 tyres? Do they last like other normal tyres like Apollo Aceleres, Yoko Earth1, etc?
  2. What Air pressure are you maintaining?
  3. Continental Max Contact MC5s have unique thread pattern.Attachment 1440484 So how the rotation of tyres are taken care? Just front to back and vice-versa or traditional X pattern.
  4. Is the 15" Conti a fuel guzzler when compared to stock 14"? I know this is not relevant but you may be occasionally peeping to that MID.
  5. Can we fold the electric-fold ORVMs backwards? If so less replacements in future.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers!

Vinu
- I have been using the Continentals MC5's on my Renault Scala since a while now & im pretty satisfied.
You can check the link here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3677216
Run aprox 25k kms on Scala & no problems at all.

Earth 1 are good but again not in competition to MC5's (as note Conti MC5 is like the Michelin PLC i.e. now 3ST)

Apollo Acelere is good but not a tyre which you would put as a replacement, it can be a tyre which you can live with if it came as OE, thats the best way to put IMO

- The rotation should be normal like any FWD car.

- Im going to post very shortly on the FE figures

- My ORVM aren't electric fold-able so it should go all the way in the opposite direction too (Haven't tried yet)
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 11:32   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Earth 1 are good but again not in competition to MC5's (as note Conti MC5 is like the Michelin PLC i.e. now 3ST)

Apollo Acelere is good but not a tyre which you would put as a replacement, it can be a tyre which you can live with if it came as OE, thats the best way to put IMO
Yes, Apollos are good as OEMs. My Beat came with Aceleres and 10K KMs back I changed to Earth 1. Much better tyres in all aspect but not a performance oriented tyre. I just mentioned these tyres as an example for wear rate. These tyres lasts for 45K to 50K KMs easily. Hope Conti Max too will last long in that range.

Sadly Michelin Primacy 3ST don't have 195/55/R15 and with 195/60/R15 they offer ends with 6.2 KMs speedo error.

What air pressure you maintain post upgrade? Same as stock?

Cheers!

Vinu

Last edited by myavu : 17th November 2015 at 11:39.
Old 17th November 2015, 11:33   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

A quick post on Fuel Economy;

Last weekend did a run to Pune & back.

My Video Review: 2015 Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi-imageuploadedbyteambhp1447740142.766904.jpg

Mumbai to Pune;

Friday afternoon I left from Mumbai on a happy note, but considering the other cars i drive which command some respect on roads ( like my 328i & Fortuner) the Figo was kinda bullied. Which from happy made me kind of serious & i started driving FAST

As soon as the expressway came in i was literally piercing through the holiday traffic. To bring the numbers into picture i was maintaining speeds of 2500 rpm - 4000 rpm in 5 th gear (No red lining yet as engine still running in).

With all of this i still achieved 14.7 km/l which IMO is a fair number to live with specifically if you are fast and the fuel is diesel.

Pune to Mumbai;

While returning i did an Economy run and drove on mild throttle inputs, never exceeded speed of 120 km/h.

This driving style helped me achieve a FE of 21.4 km/l

In comparison to an comparable 1.5 K9K diesel engine on my Renault Scala where i had done a similar FE run i had managed 27 km/l on the same stretch, check this link;

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3045390

Last edited by karan561 : 17th November 2015 at 12:00.
karan561 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 11:35   #57
BHPian

Hey Karan,

Absolutely brilliant video and review. I must say the format and quality of information was quite fantastic. With a little bit of audio editing/improvements it is comparable to any professionally made review.

Also, I absolutely loved the MOMO wheels. They transform the look of the car as much as your observations on the driving dynamics.

One question i had which may be slightly off topic is, were you able to test the petrol automatic variant during your buying process and if so, what are your thoughts on that variant?

Thanks and Regards
DevSoms is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 12:47   #58
BHPian

Superb review. Especially the comparison with GT is an acing on the cake. Raise the bar further
anumod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 13:04   #59
BHPian

Hi Karan,

Bande mein dumm hai!!!

Great video review which is a first of its kind on T-BHP I guess.

It seems like Ford had their eye on the Polo GTi while speccing the Figo as they managed to just outgun it basis the Power/Wt. Ratio.

This would be a fun pocket rocket to have in the garage!

Quote:
Friday afternoon I left from Mumbai on a happy note, but considering the other cars i drive which command some respect on roads ( like my 328i & Fortuner) the Figo was kinda bullied. Which from happy made me kind of serious & i started driving FAST

As soon as the expressway came in i was literally piercing through the holiday traffic. To bring the numbers into picture i was maintaining speeds of 2500 rpm - 4000 rpm in 5 th gear (No red lining yet as engine still running in).
I can totally relate to this as I feel the same way when I shift occasionally to our City or Jazz after my XUV which is my daily drive.

Keep on going mate. Look forward to more such reviews from you!

Cheerzzz
Sisu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 14:56   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Yes, Apollos are good as OEMs. My Beat came with Aceleres and 10K KMs back I changed to Earth 1. Much better tyres in all aspect but not a performance oriented tyre. I just mentioned these tyres as an example for wear rate. These tyres lasts for 45K to 50K KMs easily. Hope Conti Max too will last long in that range.

Sadly Michelin Primacy 3ST don't have 195/55/R15 and with 195/60/R15 they offer ends with 6.2 KMs speedo error.

What air pressure you maintain post upgrade? Same as stock?

Cheers!

Vinu
The Conti MC5's will definitely last upto 55k kms easily.

I maintain tyre pressure of 30 psi on all 4 tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevSoms View Post
Hey Karan,

Absolutely brilliant video and review. I must say the format and quality of information was quite fantastic. With a little bit of audio editing/improvements it is comparable to any professionally made review.

Also, I absolutely loved the MOMO wheels. They transform the look of the car as much as your observations on the driving dynamics.

One question i had which may be slightly off topic is, were you able to test the petrol automatic variant during your buying process and if so, what are your thoughts on that variant?

Thanks and Regards
Thanks a lot DevSoms.

Speaking of the petrol A/T, i haven/t driven the Figo A/T yet. BUT i own the Ecosport A/T which happens to have the same engine & gearbox combo. I am pretty satisfied with that cars performance for city limits. Highway it gets boring & i avoid taking it out for highway runs.

But the same engine in the Figo (with the weight advantage) will be pretty much more entertaining i believe & is definitely worth at the price they are offering at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Superb review. Especially the comparison with GT is an acing on the cake. Raise the bar further
Thanks anumod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisu View Post
Hi Karan,

Bande mein dumm hai!!!

Great video review which is a first of its kind on T-BHP I guess.
Thanks for such inspiring comments

Quote:
Keep on going mate. Look forward to more such reviews from you!
Cheerzzz
Sure !

Last edited by karan561 : 17th November 2015 at 14:57.
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks