Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2015, 19:29   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Video Review: 2015 Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi

Congrats Karan, the car looks hot in those Momo wheels and you have described the car beautifully in your video. Very refreshing to see a video review after reading so many posts , have fun buddy.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 21:44   #62

This is my first post on this forum, posting on the same day I got accepted. Thanks mods

A big thanks to you Karan, I also booked the same variant and the same colour, in Diesel. Since this will be my first car, I am all the more excited (added your youtube video to offline :-D)

Two questions; does the Trend variant in the new batches come with adjustable rear headrests? And how to get the handling charges waived off :-D ?
Afterburner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 00:03   #63
BHPian

Congrats on the white beauty karan. I am a ford fan and own a fiesta diesel and I go when the turbo kicks in and I can only imagine how it will be in the new 1.5L Engine. Got few questions :
  • How is the performance of the 195's ? when you lock the steering to left or right completely does it touch the wheel arch or if the car is loaded say with 5 people and if you go over a hump or a pothole do you have to go dead slow to avoid the wheel arches touching the tires or do you have enough clearance ?
  • I have seen in the review that suspension is a bit bouncy and not that stiff compared to old fords, after upgrading to 195's do you see any difference in this area ?
  • What is the mileage you are getting in the city and on the highway ?
prguru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 11:16   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Congrats Karan, the car looks hot in those Momo wheels and you have described the car beautifully in your video. Very refreshing to see a video review after reading so many posts , have fun buddy.
Thanks coolboy007, appreciate your comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afterburner View Post
This is my first post on this forum, posting on the same day I got accepted. Thanks mods

A big thanks to you Karan, I also booked the same variant and the same colour, in Diesel. Since this will be my first car, I am all the more excited (added your Youtube video to offline :-D)

Two questions; does the Trend variant in the new batches come with adjustable rear headrests? And how to get the handling charges waived off :-D ?
Thanks Afterburner, Its really good to know that my video helped your buy decision & congrats on booking your 1st car

Yes, i have seen pictures of the new batches having adjustable rear headrests. Regarding handling charges, you may have to fight it out with your Delaer if he hasn't waived it off yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prguru View Post
Congrats on the white beauty karan. I am a ford fan and own a fiesta diesel and I go when the turbo kicks in and I can only imagine how it will be in the new 1.5L Engine. Got few questions :
  • How is the performance of the 195's ? when you lock the steering to left or right completely does it touch the wheel arch or if the car is loaded say with 5 people and if you go over a hump or a pothole do you have to go dead slow to avoid the wheel arches touching the tires or do you have enough clearance ?
  • I have seen in the review that suspension is a bit bouncy and not that stiff compared to old fords, after upgrading to 195's do you see any difference in this area ?
  • What is the mileage you are getting in the city and on the highway ?
Thank you prguru for your comments.

Well Answering your questions now;
1) The tyres dont touch the wheel arches on load as well, Do note this has an increased GC of 174 mm & also another point is that in EU spec Figo / Ka they have the same size ( you can check the door where the tyre pressures are mentioned you will find 195/55 R15 as a OE size too)
2) It may be bouncy but you can live with it, specially after the tyre upsize (where i have added total 8 cms of grip i.e. 20 mm more on each tyre)

City i am using for short runs now so the FE is low @ 14km/l

Highway i did achieve a healthy 21.4 km/l in my run to Pune which i have mentioned in this post;

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3849408

Last edited by karan561 : 19th November 2015 at 11:18.
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 13:52   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
1) The tyres dont touch the wheel arches on load as well
Great review! A suggestion would be to keep voice dominant (not music) while you mix audio tracks.

I am curious to understand if you know whether upgrade voids warranty ?
Thilak29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 16:05   #66
BHPian

Karan - That was great piece of work Your's is the the first customer video review I've seen on any thread. I also appreciate the quality of the review.

I think after your video review, TBHP must also come-up with something like this in their official reviews. Although no offence to TBHP official reviews as they are the most comprehensive ones I have read on any forums but still a video review will be icing on the cake.
J_Man is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 23:03   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Great review! A suggestion would be to keep voice dominant (not music) while you mix audio tracks.

I am curious to understand if you know whether upgrade voids warranty ?
Thanks Thilak, your suggestion i will keep in mind.

The tyre upgrade is nothing to be worried about when it comes to warranty. But yes if you are going to ask the showroom these questions they will obviously say the warranty will be void. But the logic is simple how does a tyre/wheel upgrade influence in cancelling engine/gearbox warranty ? The only warranty in question will be of the suspension (which will anyway last unto your next tyre upgrade, be it however recklessly you drive).

All the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Man View Post
Karan - That was great piece of work Your's is the the first customer video review I've seen on any thread. I also appreciate the quality of the review.
Thank you for your appreciation J_Man
Old 20th November 2015, 10:07   #68

Amazing review Karan. This video is second to none in content. You have answered all the questions which I had in mind regarding the new Figo. I had booked Baleno Diesel Alpha for delivery in January end. But after watching your review, I believe I will be considering the Figo very seriously. Thanks for your inputs!
Prabodh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 11:26   #69
BHPian

Hey Karan,
All i can say after watching this video is that if you see an ownership report by me in the near future, it will be the Figo diesel & you will be the reason.

Super stuff!

The only moot point for me is Ford/European A-S-S. That's it.
anilkalvani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 20:05   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post

City i am using for short runs now so the FE is low @ 14km/l

Highway i did achieve a healthy 21.4 km/l in my run to Pune which i have mentioned in this post;
I am also getting similar numbers both on City( 14 kmpl ) as well as highway ( 20 kmpl) so the bigger engine and more horses have not affected the mileage which is a big plus

I always used to feel the 68 horses are little inadequate to keep up with faster diesels on highways but used to catch them in corners but great move by Ford.
Old 20th November 2015, 20:11   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
it will be the Figo diesel & you will be the reason.

I agree the spares are bit on the higher side but they are reliable, extended warranty and regular servicing/ maintenance should keep the car trouble free for many years.

Last edited by prguru : 20th November 2015 at 20:25. Reason: typo
Old 20th November 2015, 23:56   #72
BHPian

Congrats Karan. Car looks great with Momo Revenge. Ford has done a great job with the new Figo. It has got the perfect mixture of power and looks, the only thing that I miss on this new Figo is the old hydraulic steering setup.

And mate I love the way you shift the gears
GT145 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2015, 11:02   #73
BHPian

Hey Karan, thanks for sharing superb video review. Congratulations for acquiring most fun to drive diesel hatch in the country. If this figo 1.5D would have been available 3 years ago, then definitely it would have been in my garage instead of swift ZDi. From your signature, I can make out that you have perfect cars for every need. Wish you a lakhs of Happy miles with this tight breed of diesel rocket, happy motoring.
Aniruddha_Ch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2015, 15:16   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabodh View Post
Amazing review Karan. This video is second to none in content. You have answered all the questions which I had in mind regarding the new Figo. I had booked Baleno Diesel Alpha for delivery in January end. But after watching your review, I believe I will be considering the Figo very seriously. Thanks for your inputs!
Thanks Prabodh,

Really happy to see that my video review helped influence your buy decision, all the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
Hey Karan,
All i can say after watching this video is that if you see an ownership report by me in the near future, it will be the Figo diesel & you will be the reason.

Super stuff!

Thanks Anil for your comments.

I own an Ecosport (A/T) as well and have been pretty satisfied with FORD's service. I truly believe Ford has taken the right steps forward connecting to the mass market needs, therefore gone are the Ford Ikon days where you had to wait weeks for some of the spare parts to arrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prguru View Post
I am also getting similar numbers both on City( 14 kmpl ) as well as highway ( 20 kmpl) so the bigger engine and more horses have not affected the mileage which is a big plus

I always used to feel the 68 horses are little inadequate to keep up with faster diesels on highways but used to catch them in corners but great move by Ford.
IMO the FE should increase after running in is over i.e. > 2000 km.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT145 View Post
And mate I love the way you shift the gears
Thanks GT145, glad you noticed my shift action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniruddha_Ch View Post
Hey Karan, thanks for sharing superb video review. Congratulations for acquiring most fun to drive diesel hatch in the country. If this figo 1.5D would have been available 3 years ago, then definitely it would have been in my garage instead of swift ZDi. From your signature, I can make out that you have perfect cars for every need. Wish you a lakhs of Happy miles with this tight breed of diesel rocket, happy motoring.
Hey Aniruddha, thank you for such wonderful appreciation.
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 11:24   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Update: Mud Flaps & Rear Parking Sensors Installed;

My Video Review: 2015 Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi-imageuploadedbyteambhp1450331537.263524.jpg
My Video Review: 2015 Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi-imageuploadedbyteambhp1450331567.996622.jpg
My Video Review: 2015 Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi-imageuploadedbyteambhp1450331591.523988.jpg

^ IMO these are one of the most SLEEK OE Mud Flaps i have seen & I am glad i installed them

My Video Review: 2015 Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi-imageuploadedbyteambhp1450331671.011998.jpg

Parking Sensor Issue;

These are OE Parking sensors & were black initially. Before installing i had asked them to paint the sensors white (I had asked a few of my friends & accessory shops whether painting will spoil the sensor which they said it wont be a problem). But after installation they seem to act confused and are definitely spoilt.

Though these came FREE but i now need to change them

Anyone else faced this similar issue with parking sensors going bad after painting ?

Last edited by karan561 : 17th December 2015 at 11:34.
karan561 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks