Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2017, 13:54   #301
Senior - BHPian

A short one day trip to Bhimashankar

Since the second birthday of my Orange Tank is tomorrow i.e. 07-Nov, I thought what better way of celebration than a trip to some nearby place. All the past weekends had been very hectic and even this was supposed to be, but tought of taking some time out for the family and my Orange Tank. Asked family members if they were ready to make a quick dash to Bhimashankar. Everyone showed their eagerness as it was after quite some time that they were being offered a trip. On Sunday morning at 08:00 am we decided to do this trip and by 10:15 am we started.

For those of you who don't know about Bhimashankar here is a quick piece of info from Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhimashankar_Temple

Quote:
Bhīmāshankar Temple is a Jyotirlinga shrine located 50 km northwest of Khed (alias Rajguru Nagar), near Pune, in India. It is located 127 km from Shivaji Nagar (in Pune) in the Ghat region of the Sahyadri hills. Bhīmāshankar is also the source of the river Bhima, which flows southeast and merges with the Krishna river near Raichur. The other Jyotirlinga shrines in Maharashtra are Trimbakeshwara near Nashik and Grishneshwar near Aurangabad
We took our first break at Purohit joint beyond the Khed ghat. Had a good breakfast and then proceeded towards Manchar.

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn8207.jpg

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn8206.jpg

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn8208.jpg

As soon as we hit the highway saw this tempo, which was carrying cattle and few people were enjoying the rooftop view

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn8224.jpg

We took the left diversion from Manchar. It was the Sunday bazaar and the road was pretty crowded. As we exited Manchar, the traffic became sparse. The road so OK. However as soon as we crossed the Dimbhe dam the road became bad to worse. Those who are very keen on offroading, I would highly recommend this road to Bhimashankar. Road is in absolutely terrible shape. Finally after climbing the long winding ghat we reached our destination at 01:30 pm. However there was a mad rush and big vehicles like tourist buses were parked very close to the road. We parked the car at the designated parking and stood in the queue for darshan. It took us 2.5 long hours to get into the sanctum sanctorum, however it was worth the wait as we could get very good darshan. Some pics inside the temple complex.

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn8233.jpg

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn8226.jpg

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn8236.jpg

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn8238.jpg

We started our return journey at 05:00 pm. Some pics on the TUV in the Bhimashankar jungle and Hotel Nataraj where we stopped for lunch.

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn8240.jpg

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn8241.jpg

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn8243.jpg

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn8246.jpg

We could not catch the sunset as we were still finishing our meals. When we started our journey back to Pune, it was dark. Had to drive very carefully while descending the ghat as I had to juggle between the pot holes. It was a bone jarring trip due to the bad road condition. Have made several trips to Bhimashankar till now, but this was the worst even road condition that I have seen in the recent past. Or is it that we are getting so much used to good four lane highways that we have become completely oblivious to the fact that even bad road exist
AutoIndian is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 12:43   #302
Senior - BHPian

Second Birthday of my Orange Tank - 07-Nov-2017

07-Nov-2015: This was the day when the Orange Tank came into our life and today i.e. 07-Nov-2017, exactly two years later we are celebrating it's second birthday. Hence I thought I would sum up my experience with my TUV for the last two years on this occasion.

To begin with here are some statistics of the car for the last two years:
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-statistics-2nd-birthday.jpg

The odo as of date stands at 29.5K km. To my pleasant surprise, the TUV has been fairly reliable. Since last one year no major issue to report.

Last six months have been quite lacklusture as far as trips in my TUV are concerned. From Nov last year till May this year, did some good trips. Sharing below couple of snaps captured as a memoir from each trip:

Tamhini Ghat (Mulshi Backwater) Enroute - Raigad Trip - 19-Nov-2016
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn6172.jpg

Near Bara Motechi Vihir -
27-Nov-2016
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn6268.jpg

Kaas Lake (Kaas Pathar) -
27-Nov-2016
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn6453.jpg

Bamnoli Lake - 27-Nov-2016
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn6465.jpg

Kanifnath Trip 18-Dec-2016
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn6477.jpg

Kumbharli Ghat - Guhagar Trip 25-Dec-2016
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn6633.jpg

Velneshwar Beach - Guhagar Trip 26-Dec-2016
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn6709.jpg

Arrey Warrey Beach - Guhagar Trip 27-Dec-2016

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn7031.jpg

Arrey Warrey Beach - Guhagar Trip 27-Dec-2016

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-img_20161227_180038.jpg

Godeshwar Temple, Sinnar - Vinchur Trip 25-Mar-2017
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn7178.jpg

River Crossing - Vinchur Trip 25-Mar-2017

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn7296.jpg

Malegaon Trip 08-May-2017
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn7558.jpg

Jungle - Bhimashankar Trip 05-Nov-2017
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn8243.jpg

I think now is the right time to break the hiatus and again venture out on such trips. Usually Nov to Feb are the best months and I sincerely hope I can find out some time to explore new places and most importantly the Orange Tank continues to remain as reliable as ever.

p.s. Just now got a call from service center and have booked the 30K service appointment on the Saturday of 25th Nov 2017.
AutoIndian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th November 2017, 10:46   #303
Senior - BHPian

Re: Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective

Today, while reaching office crossed the 30K mark on the odo. Have reached this milestone in 2 years and 2 weeks time. Some clicks of the odo showing the milestone.

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-whatsapp-image-20171120-10.35.17-am2.jpeg

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-whatsapp-image-20171120-10.35.16-am2.jpeg

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-whatsapp-image-20171120-10.35.17-am.jpeg

Earlier I had taken an appointment for the 30K service on coming Saturday, Nov, 25th. However given the rush over weekends, I have preponed it to Friday, Nov 24th & have planned to take an off from work on that day to attend the 30K service.

All those TUV owners, who have already got the 30K service done, please let me know what all things to look out for during this service. I am also going to prepare the detailed list by referring to the owner's manual, but your inputs would be definitely helpful.
Old 25th November 2017, 22:45   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Earlier I had taken an appointment for the 30K service on coming Saturday, Nov, 25th. However given the rush over weekends, I have preponed it to Friday, Nov 24th & have planned to take an off from work on that day to attend the 30K service.
Did the 30K service on Friday, Nov 24th. For an appointment at 09:30 am I reached the workshop at 09:40 am. However there was no one to attend me for the initial 15 minutes. After that I received a call from their customer exec reminding me of the scheduled appointment. When I told her that I am waiting in their reception since last 15 minutes with no one to attend me, then lady at the other end was embarrassed and informed me that she would call the Service Advisor (SA) and get me attended asap. Within 5 mins my regular SA arrived and greeted me. Within next 5 mins he started preparing the job card, asked me if there were any issues. I informed him that nothing major, but the minor ones are being faced since a long time and listed the below three:
  • Both front seat belts not retracting completely
  • Fuel lid opening problem (opening in 4-5 attempts)
  • Phone's bluetooth pairing disconnected at random
My SA informed me that he will check if the new seat belts are in stock, else I will have to come at a later data just for the seat belt replacement. Fortunately it was stock. He gave me an estimate of 5K + 1K GST and said that the car would be ready by 5pm. I left the workshop informing him to call me when the car is ready.

In the afternoon I received a call from my SA informing me that the front brake discs are worn out and need to be replaced. If not replaced they would ear out the brake discs. On asking him what was the thickness, he was speechless and said that he needs to check it. In 5 mins he called me back saying that the thickness was 13 mm and no need for replacement. At 04:15 pm I received a call from him saying that the car was ready. I reached the workshop, however I had to wait for one more hour as the invoice was not ready and when I cleared it the car was still being washed. Finally I received the car but was told that only driver side seat belt could be replaced and for passenger side I will have to make another visit. I was not at all happy, but at least something was better than nothing. Was pleasantly surprised to see how smooth the new belt was and it retracted back completely without any drama. Checked the fuel lid as well. It opened it first attempt. Need to observe for the bluetooth paring for the next few days. the car was cleaned spic-n-span. Overall happy with the service only grouse being one hour late delivery and belt issue half addressed.

Below are the invoice details.

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-invoice1.jpeg

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-invoice2.jpeg
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2017, 22:59   #305
Senior - BHPian

Great reviews, AutoIndian. I am taking delivery of my black T6+ tomorrow and hope to have a good ownership experience. It looks like seat belt issue is endemic to the entire TUV population, though I am hoping it was fixed by the time my car was produced in August 2017.
architect is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2017, 23:27   #306
Senior - BHPian

The detailed invoice break-up

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-30k-invoice-breakup.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Great reviews, AutoIndian. I am taking delivery of my black T6+ tomorrow and hope to have a good ownership experience. It looks like seat belt issue is endemic to the entire TUV population, though I am hoping it was fixed by the time my car was produced in August 2017.
Congratulations architect and here's wishing you all the best for the delivery of your black TUV . I am sure all these niggling issues, including the belt one, must have been fixed by now, that TUV is in the market for more than 2 years. To be honest the tank has been fairly reliable when compared to the XUV. The XUV had many horror stories, especially mechanical failures, almost none of those kind (barring few exceptions) for the TUV.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 25th November 2017 at 23:31.
Old 26th November 2017, 11:43   #307
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Below are the invoice details.
Deepak - looks like you have been charged almost 1K for unnecessary things like AC Disinfection and silencer coating. Most times these things are never done and its just eyewash. You seemed to have missed fuel filter replacement @30K service. According to service schedule, this needs to be done and I would recommend that you get this done asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
I am taking delivery of my black T6+ tomorrow
Congrats architect. The car is pretty good and after the first few thousand kms, minor niggles are sorted and you can really enjoy the drive.
Old 26th November 2017, 17:57   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Deepak - looks like you have been charged almost 1K for unnecessary things like AC Disinfection and silencer coating. Most times these things are never done and its just eyewash. You seemed to have missed fuel filter replacement @30K service. According to service schedule, this needs to be done and I would recommend that you get this done asap.
I knew AC Disinfection was one of those items for making easy money, but then I thought what's the harms in getting it done once in a while. Regarding "eyewash" or not, I don't have any evidence to prove that it has indeed been done, have to trust the SA. But I don't think that the workshop would stoop to such a level that they would charge me and do nothing. Regarding fuel filter, if you refer item#7 --> 1001CAA14881N KIT FILTER ELEMENT, it is part of the items that were replaced. Again no proof and I have to believe the workshop .
Old 31st December 2017, 19:14   #309
Senior - BHPian

Last one month was been super busy for me as I was preparing to shift to my new home. Finally I shifted on the eve of Christmas and today on the last day of the year I could manage to take my Orange tank out for a short spin. Just 25 kms away from my home is the Kasarsai dam. Although had planned for boating there, but everyone was very hungry and the lone restaurant there was busy making preparations for the new year bash. Hence after spending 30 mins at the dam backwaters, we returned. Sharing some snaps.

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-whatsapp-image-20171231-7.06.25-pm.jpeg

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-whatsapp-image-20171231-7.06.25-pm1.jpeg

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-whatsapp-image-20171231-7.06.26-pm1.jpeg

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-whatsapp-image-20171231-6.01.33-pm.jpeg

Here wishing all TBHP members and followers a very happy and prosperous new year 2018. Wish you can venture on long drives all throughout the year.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 31st December 2017 at 19:16.
AutoIndian is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th February 2018, 14:14   #310
Senior - BHPian

Its been almost 2 months now that I have not updated my TUV ownership thread (feeling ashamed of myself). In fact if you look at the previous post, you can notice that this is my first post of 2018 on my ownership thread. Not that I was super busy so as not to update this thread, but the Orange tank has been just chugging along mundanely without any issues to report.

Having clocked 33K kms, I thought I would visit the service center only for the 40K scheduled service. However 2 days back I received a call from my service center that M&M has arranged a Mega Service camp, which will be ending on 27th Feb 2018. There is a 75 point free check-up and discounts on parts and labor. I check all the fluid levels regularly (every week) and everything was upto mark. Only one minor issue to report was a very feeble rattling from the left door while going over rough patches or speed breakers. I though that this would be a good chance to get this issue addressed in the Mega Service Camp. Hence I told the lady to book me an appointment of 09:30 am on Saturday.

As per the schedule I went there today morning & within 10 mins my car was attended. I informed the service advisor that I am not much interested in the 75 point check-up. Even if he could just address the one minor issue, that of door rattling noise, I would be very grateful. He gave a nod, prepared the job card and car was taken inside the workshop. The left door panel was opened. The car was taken out for a test drive. I accompanied them. The skilled technician was sitting near the door & I was on rear seat. The driver took the car over rough roads and speed breakers. It was confirmed that the door panel inner side was intact and no rattling was heard. This confirmed the fact that rattling was coming from the door trim only. I was told that foaming and bolstering would have to be done to remove the rattling sound. If this was to be done on all 4 doors the foam/bolstering material/sheet would cost rs 2200/-. I initially told them that the right side door trim was opened within few months of car purchase. That time the window winder was replaced and foam packing added to the door trim. If they were going to do the foam packing on all 4 door under warranty and not charge me a single rupee then I can give the go ahead. However if they ask me to pay anything I am just going to take my car back as it is. I told them just to fix the left front door, which was having the problem. The SA informed me that the foam comes in the set of all 4 doors & even if it is done for one door the full set will be consumed. I told him then nothing doing. He then told me that he will check in the workshop if any pieces are left from the earlier foam packing and will try to address the front left door with that.

I gave him the go ahead. Within 30 mins the job was done. I banged the door trim with hand & it felt tight. The earlier rattling sound had vanished for good. The car was then taken to the 75 point check-up. Only issue observed was that the rear wiper washer was not throwing water as expected and the SA informed me that the pipe might have been ruptured. I told him that this can be addressed during 40K service. He too agreed. I was waiting for the gatepass to be created and the car delivered to me. Even after half an hour, when I did not receive the gatepass I enquired, what the issue was and the SA iformed me that the DMS (Dealer Management System) was down. I informed him to make a manual gatepass and hand over the car to me. He too agreed to it and the car was handed over back to me.

Overall pretty satisfied. I spent 2.5 hours at the workshop. But in that my main issue of door rattling was addressed, the 75 point check-up was done and all this at "zero" cost to me. After reaching home sent a thanks text message to both the SAs who handled my car.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 24th February 2018 at 14:26.
AutoIndian is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th April 2018, 09:27   #311
Senior - BHPian

Did a tankful today at the bunk near my house (Morya Petroleum, Pradhikaran, Nigdi). Diesel is retailing @ Rs 68.02 to a litre, I guess this might be the highest amount that I would have paid till date for a litre of diesel anywhere in India. Fortunately the Orange tank returned an FE figure of 15.20 kmpl since last tankful. All the running has been within city (home-office-home runs) with AC on Eco mode. I have learned the art of relaxed driving. Going easy on the ABC pedals and the gear changes. I am not babying the car, neither am I ripping the rubber, just going easy. That reduces so much of the driving stress and proves to be pocket friendly as well.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2018, 03:02   #312
BHPian

Great thread AutoIndian! Been following it since a long time. But I do have a query of my own now.

Our Ertiga is aging now at 1.15L kms in 3 years (Shows our high running). And we would need a 7 seater (although last row is hardly used these days), would you recommend the TUV AMT? I know the AMT had lots of issues back in the day but are they solved now as I do not see any other alternative that can carry as many people with an auto box without breaking the bank?
RoadGlide is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2018, 17:35   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadGlide View Post
Great thread AutoIndian! Been following it since a long time. But I do have a query of my own now.
Thanks for your compliments RoadGlide

Quote:
Our Ertiga is aging now at 1.15L kms in 3 years (Shows our high running). And we would need a 7 seater (although last row is hardly used these days), would you recommend the TUV AMT? I know the AMT had lots of issues back in the day but are they solved now as I do not see any other alternative that can carry as many people with an auto box without breaking the bank?
Although I don't have much info on the long term ownership of TUV AMT, I don't think it will suit your kind of running. The TUV AMT had its initial teething troubles, which I hope are sorted out by now. However for your kind of running you will need a very reliable machine. Why don't you consider Ecosport Automatic or Creta Automatic (if you can stretch that much). If you will be carrying 6-7 people (adults) most of the times, then you can consider Crysta or Hexa Automatic as well.
Old 12th April 2018, 17:49   #314
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadGlide View Post
Great thread AutoIndian! Been following it since a long time.
+ 1 to that. I've been following this thread since the start. I don't think I would've been hooked to a TUV if not for him. M&M ought to give him a hefty cash award if you ask me!

Quote:
That's nearly 35,000 Km and more per year!

Don't buy the AMT version of the TUV. It's jinxed, IMO, with a bad history and it's just a psychological jinx at this point. Don't go for it. I'd suggest the manual version of the TUV any day.

I'd suggest for you to wait for the 'Heartect' platform-based refreshed Ertiga to be released this year. Websites like Cartoq keep screaming every other day about how much more spacious it is and how the totally new engines are good etc. Why not wait a bit this year for it, even as the new Mahindra MUV and other new launches occur?

I do know that there has never been an automatic diesel Ertiga, nor will there be one in the newer version. But I can't think of another automatic 7-seater diesel UV for you at nearabouts the same price-point. I assume the Hexa and Crysta are out of the price-range you have in mind.
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2018, 22:32   #315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
+ 1 to that. I've been following this thread since the start. I don't think I would've been hooked to a TUV if not for him.
That was the whole purpose of starting this thread. Since I was one of the early adopters of the TUV, I knew that my experiences shared here would benefit a lot of potential and existing TUV owners
Quote:
M&M ought to give him a hefty cash award if you ask me!
Are you kidding me. You know what my MASS was unable to fix the belt retracting issue despite repeated attempts. Obviously I was not happy with their service and they offered me a gift for consolation. I point blank refused to accept it. I told them to just fix my issue and I would be more than happy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks