Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2023, 19:55   #376
Senior - BHPian

Re: Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective

A quick update. Had to do an emergency trip to my native place, Dhule yesterday and returned back today. Round trip of 720km. A tankful refuelling gave a mileage of 13.81 kmpl. Average speeds were in between 80-100 kmph on NH60 & NH4.

Edit: Last 3 tankfuls have averaged at 12.9 kmpl.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 9th July 2023 at 19:57.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 01:46   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
A quick update. Had to do an emergency trip to my native place, Dhule yesterday and returned back today. Round trip of 720km. A tankful refuelling gave a mileage of 13.81 kmpl. Average speeds were in between 80-100 kmph on NH60 & NH4.

Edit: Last 3 tankfuls have averaged at 12.9 kmpl.
Don't you feel your FE is too low? My average lifetime FE on the TUV300 over 1,20,000 km has been 15.5 kmpl and it has given me a best of 17 and a worst of 12.5 kmpl. The typical range is 14.5 to 16.5 in 90% of the tankful-to-tankful calculations. Mine is a T6+ MT with the 85 HP engine.
architect is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 16:50   #378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Don't you feel your FE is too low? My average lifetime FE on the TUV300 over 1,20,000 km has been 15.5 kmpl and it has given me a best of 17 and a worst of 12.5 kmpl. The typical range is 14.5 to 16.5 in 90% of the tankful-to-tankful calculations. Mine is a T6+ MT with the 85 HP engine.
Hi architect, good observation. Your FE figures are really good but so seems to be your running. As compared to your 1.2 lakh kms, my car has only run 68K kms. A majority of this mileage has come from office commutes. Whenever car was taken out on long trips it was usually loaded, 6-7 passengers and their luggage. So, I don't expect good FE figures on my long trips either. My best and worst FE figures are 15.57kmpl & 12.57 kmpl. These are not way off the mark as compared to yours. I would definitely like to improve the FE figures but I think I will have to wait till the 70K service when the air filter will get replaced.
Old 1st January 2024, 19:23   #379
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Don't you feel your FE is too low?
IIRC, The fuel plumbing in TUVs after March 2017 is different from the ones that were delivered before March 2017. This i believe is the primary reason for the difference in FEs. My average FE was 13 kmpl over 89k kms while folks who have the "improved" TUV typically average 15-16kmpl, with a mix of city and highway driving.

Quote:
My best and worst FE figures are 15.57kmpl & 12.57 kmpl. These are not way off the mark as compared to yours. I would definitely like to improve the FE figures but I think I will have to wait till the 70K service when the air filter will get replaced.
Don't bother too much about it, change the filters and enjoy your ride
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 11:32   #380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
IIRC, The fuel plumbing in TUVs after March 2017 is different from the ones that were delivered before March 2017. This i believe is the primary reason for the difference in FEs. My average FE was 13 kmpl over 89k kms while folks who have the "improved" TUV typically average 15-16kmpl, with a mix of city and highway driving.
Thanks for the info procrj, I was not aware about this. But still I wonder how a simple change in the fuel plumbing would make such a significant difference in the FE figures
Quote:
Don't bother too much about it, change the filters and enjoy your ride
Absolutely, for me FE was never a concern. The tank like feeling, the capability to take on any road and it's accomodative nature were the major USPs for me. Now my Orange Tank has entered in the 9th year of its existence. I may well continue with it for the next 2 years as my primary car if it continues its troublefree streak. After 10 years, I may switch over to EV but still keep the tank as a secondary car.
Old 22nd February 2024, 13:48   #381
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday (i.e. 21-Feb-2024), while going to office, after I crossed the Bhumkar Chowk, I tried passing by a stationary trailer but too close for any margin and my LHS mirror brushed against it's body. Since I was driving at around 40-50 kmph, my mirror banged against the close window glass and the mirror sub assembly fell on the road. I parked my car few meters ahead and came running back to pick up the fallen mirror. Unfortunately, it had cracks all over the surface and when I fitted it back in the mirror housing, I could barely see anything at the left rear. However good part was that the housing was intact and the power mirror assy was functional normally. On calling the local Mahindra dealer (Savan IB Autowings) I was informed that the assembly was out of stock and would need a day's time to get it in stock. Today morning when I called, I was informed that I can come & get it raplaced. When I went there (without any appointment) I was asked to sit in the reception and in 5 mins some Service Advisor would attend my car. After 10 mins the receptionist came and informed me that all the SAa are busy & I will need to wait for 1.5 hours. Other option was given to me to go to the stores, pick up the mirror and get it fitted from outside. So, I preferred the second option. Went to the stores, he raised a request, paid Rs 266/- at the cash counter, showed the invoice to the stores and got the mirror. I myself fitted it inside the mirror housing by press fit. To be doubly sure that it got fitted properly I asked a nearby standing SA to check & confirm, which she did happily. Drove back the car home with the new mirror in 30 mins.

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-whatsapp-image-20240222-1.14.08-pm.jpeg
The broken mirror sub assy LHS

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-whatsapp-image-20240222-1.14.05-pm-1.jpeg
Mirror taken out from the housing, cracked glass

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-whatsapp-image-20240222-1.14.07-pm.jpeg
Rear side of the mirror

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-whatsapp-image-20240222-1.14.05-pm.jpeg
New mirror fitted inside the housing (press fit by hand)

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-whatsapp-image-20240222-1.14.04-pm.jpeg
Invoice
AutoIndian is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th February 2024, 11:41   #382
BHPian

Quote:
... my mirror banged against the close window glass and the mirror sub assembly fell on the road..
Unfortunately, it had cracks all over the surface..
I had the same incident twice with my TUV. Once where just the mirror fell and broke. Replaced it from normal Garage for Rs 100/- including fitting charges.
Recently on a highway had a tempo brush me from the left crusing the whole assembly. For this I went to aftermarket to buy the assembly housing with mirror, had to get it painted and then fitted. It cost be half of what the SA mentioned
rishee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 13:37   #383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishee View Post
I had the same incident twice with my TUV. Once where just the mirror fell and broke. Replaced it from normal Garage for Rs 100/- including fitting charges.
Recently on a highway had a tempo brush me from the left crusing the whole assembly. For this I went to aftermarket to buy the assembly housing with mirror, had to get it painted and then fitted. It cost be half of what the SA mentioned
That's quite unfortunate rishee, but thanks anyways for sharing your experience. How much did the aftermarket mirror assembly cost you and what was the price quoted by MASS?
Old 26th February 2024, 20:53   #384
BHPian

Quote:
That's quite unfortunate rishee, but thanks anyways for sharing your experience. How much did the aftermarket mirror assembly cost you and what was the price quoted by MASS?
MASS Quote
Mirror Assembly : Rs 2500/-
Painting : Rs 1200/-
Total : 2500 + 1200 + 18% GST = Rs 4366/-

AfterMarket
Assembly : Rs 1600/-
Painting & Fitment : Rs 600/-
Total : 1600 + 600 = Rs 2200/-
rishee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 20:56   #385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishee View Post
MASS Quote
Mirror Assembly : Rs 2500/-
Painting : Rs 1200/-
Total : 2500 + 1200 + 18% GST = Rs 4366/-

AfterMarket
Assembly : Rs 1600/-
Painting & Fitment : Rs 600/-
Total : 1600 + 600 = Rs 2200/-
Thanks for sharing that rishee. The aftermarket assembly seems to come at half the showroom price.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks