Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2015, 20:31   #16
BHPian

Re: Slick - My 2015 Honda Jazz V CVT

Congratulations for the Jazz CVT. You can never go wrong with this car.

If rear space was important, I would have gone for the Jazz. If Jazz CVT had "magic seats" that would have been a big plus.
Old 30th November 2015, 11:16   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush46 View Post
Hey,
Is the rubber band effect present there in the jazz ?
Asking so because have driven my friend's city CVT and it has that typical rubber band effect.
yes when you push it hard you will feel it but in sedate city driving conditions the torque converter kind of camouflages is my feedback so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
There is nothing like 'gear changes' in CVT as there are no steps/fixed gear ratios, rather you have contentiously variable gear ratio, which is why it feels smooth. But the problem is the 'rubber band effect' where the car doesn't accelerate in proportion with the pace of engine climbing the rev range.
Thanks for correcting me! Theoretically there are infinite amount of gears in CVT and I was trying to convey the the rubber bank effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Dear urajkumar,

You are setting a high standard for the review. I am going to have a tough time with my review. I came across a lot of threads where there is a variation of opinions on the tire changing options and its effect on the warranty. Did you check with your dealer - whether the warranty is still valid with the tire size change? Another point - I think it is interesting that many others think that the Magic Seats were required in the CVT. I am one of those who is not attracted by that feature - which seems to be your opinion too. Not that I would not have taken it! Just that it is not a deal killer. Girish Mahajan
Thank you for your kind words & I look forward to your review which I am sure will easily top mine! I have heard a lot of views on the warranty too but somehow I always upgrade my tires considering the benefits it brings to the ride quality. So far I have never needed to invoke the warranty considering my usage & hence took the risk with the confidence of tacking it if the situation arises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
Hi urajkumar. First of all, a very well put together ownership thread. Was curious about one thing though. Is the DRL an official Honda accessory that was offered by your dealership or did you source it from abroad? If it's the latter doesn't it affect your warranty in anyway?
And can you please elaborate as to why you are not satisfied with the quality? Is it the build quality you are referring to or is the light not bright enough?
Thank you for your compliment! The DRL was bought from the dealer who claims they only offer official accessories since I wanted to play safe on any accessory which required electrical fitment. The quality seems to be the same as what Jazz comes in some foreign countries but I feel they are of poor quality and don't give a premium DRL quality of light. In fact my earlier DRL in Ford Ecosport done locally seems more premium and AUDI like than this DRL. Since the dealer has fitted this, this should not effect my warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvm_1986 View Post
Hi urajkumar,
Congrats on the Jazz CVT. I think I have seen the car few days back. The alloys look really good on road. Nice to see you listening to a song from one of my favourite movies. Wishing you many fuss free miles with the Jazz
Thank you! Glad to see our interests overlap on cars and movies too. I am a die hard fan of Illayaraja

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitninja View Post
Hi there and congratulations for your new acquisition, should say alloys look brilliant on the car. We met at raja tyres and I was the guy with white polo,hope you remember me.
Thank you and Of course I remember! The already good looking Polo of yours looked even better with the Alloy change. Good to connect on the forum too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
Congrats urajkumar on your new ride. I have to say that this is one terrific ownership report. I started off initially trying to skim through and read it fully later, but I was glued to it and read it completely. Very nicely composed and even covers smaller but important details regarding which the official review could not cover.

Very nice to hear that it did well during the recent rains. That was one really testing time for all the cars on road.The TBHP review says that the windows can be rolled up even after switching off the engine but before opening any doors. Can you check if the same applies to the auto folding mirrors too as you mentioned it doesnt work after switching off the engine? Can you also let us know a bit more on the DRL from honda? They look good from the pics. Why do you think it is Bad? Regarding the armrest from aliexpress, can you comment on the fit and finish? Is it fitting firmly in the slot or will it shake/come loose after a while? Are they worth buying?
Thank you for your wishes. If you read my first review, I would not have got this compliment from you. The full credit should go to Aditya & GTO who refused to move it out till I meet the minimum requirements of Team BHP. As my windows are always closed, I have not checked if it closes after I switch off but I know for sure that the ORVM does not close since I continue to forget and switch on the car for closing the ORVM everyday.

The DRL was bought from the dealer who claims they only offer official accessories since I wanted to play safe on any accessory which required electrical fitment. The quality seems to be the same as what Jazz comes in some foreign countries but I feel they are of poor quality and don't give a premium DRL quality of light. Since the dealer has fitted this, this should not effect my warranty.

The Armrest is of average quality and fits well. While the fit and finish can be better, I guess when you pay 25% cost of the original accessory it is still a good compromise. I will keep the thread updated on the longevity of the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by viv_cal View Post
Hi urajkumar! Congrats for your new ride and thanks for an excellent review! The alloys have totally transformed the look of this already awesome looking vehicle. As asked by others, i too want to know whether installing these DRLS would affect your warranty in any way? Wish you many happy miles. Drive safe!
Thank you so much. The DRL was bought from the dealer who claims they only offer official accessories since I wanted to play safe on any accessory which required electrical fitment. The quality seems to be the same as what Jazz comes in some foreign countries but I feel they are of poor quality and don't give a premium DRL quality of light. Since the dealer has fitted this, this should not effect my warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post
Congratulations on your new car.
I am also looking for an AT and in the process of test drives. Jazz is there in my prospective list. I test drove Amaze AT and Jazz AT, and felt Amaze to be more convenient to drive than Jazz, will have to do another detailed test drive again.
Thank you for your wishes. I suggest you take back to back test drives and buy the car you prefer. However from an resale value and technology perspective the Jazz should be more premium and better of the two is personal feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Congratulations for the Jazz CVT. You can never go wrong with this car. If rear space was important, I would have gone for the Jazz. If Jazz CVT had "magic seats" that would have been a big plus.
Thanks and I agree it would have been good to have.
urajkumar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 13:26   #18
BHPian

Thanks urajkumar, its very true Amaze doesnt give the premium feel given by Jazz.
Can you pm me the contact details of the SA you were in touch with?
Old 30th November 2015, 14:09   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Good choice Raj.

Just one question - do they provide special nuts with a separate wheel spanner for these alloys or are the nuts the same standard OE ones?
Old 1st December 2015, 11:29   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Good choice Raj.

Just one question - do they provide special nuts with a separate wheel spanner for these alloys or are the nuts the same standard OE ones?
These are special nuts for the alloys with a separate wheel spanner. While they say it could prevent theft but i am sure these spanners are as easily available as OEM spanners & guess its another way to make revenue for the dealers. I put them since it looks better than OEM nuts.
Old 14th December 2015, 21:38   #21

I must say that your review helped me with my decision. I am planning to buy one now. I loved the changes you have made to your Jazz. I wanted to know if you found any solution for the inch long gap between the parcel tray and rear seats, is it a bother in terms of any rattling noise and all? You mentioned that the seat covers were given by the dealer, so are these standard Honda accessory? The dealer I contacted also told me that he is ready to give the seat covers but is not offering any other year end discount. I liked your seat covers but was not sure if they were standard Honda accessory.
Old 23rd December 2015, 10:10   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshvp View Post
I must say that your review helped me with my decision. I am planning to buy one now. I loved the changes you have made to your Jazz. I wanted to know if you found any solution for the inch long gap between the parcel tray and rear seats, is it a bother in terms of any rattling noise and all? You mentioned that the seat covers were given by the dealer, so are these standard Honda accessory? The dealer I contacted also told me that he is ready to give the seat covers but is not offering any other year end discount. I liked your seat covers but was not sure if they were standard Honda accessory.
Thank you and I must say its a good all round car barring the sitting position which I am still not comfortable with. Hope you have taken a long test ride to assess the same.

The gap has not bothered me so far considering 99% of my usage is with no rear passengers and I have not experienced any rattle so far. The seat covers I got was from Auto Foam which the Dealer said is a original Honda accessory but I don't see any Honda branding which makes me think otherwise.

The seat covers + mudflaps & floor mats I guess is the best you can get from honda who are not knows for giving too many offers anyway for City and Jazz.

Cheers and keep us posted on your buying decision
Old 23rd December 2015, 14:07   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post

Engine performance & CVT
The CVT -1.2 I-vtec combo is a different animal in the Jazz CVT compared to the Brio AT.

Since this is going to be a city car, I have not felt the need for more power so far and Paddle shifters might never be used. I don't see a big different in the S mode and guess the Paddle shifters would have been useful only if there was a 1.5 i-VTEC inside. If you are thinking you can use S mode/Paddle for spirited highway driving, please don't.

This is why I bought the Jazz AT. I was aware of 1.2 I-Vetc having poor low end torque but the CVT box with torque converter hides this flaw. In fact the low end torque feels meaty.

My experience with 'S' mode has been totally different. On my highway drives I have used the 'S' mode a lot and the car transforms from being relaxed to always being in a hurry.

I feel in 'S' mode the gearbox follows the predefined gear ratios like a conventional auto box where as in 'D' mode the gearbox behaves like a typical CVT where you cannot feel any shifts.

Also regarding the range of driver seat travel, try keeping the height adjust setting at the lowest, it will help push the seat behind by a few inches.
tazmaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2015, 14:39   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
This is why I bought the Jazz AT. I was aware of 1.2 I-Vetc having poor low end torque but the CVT box with torque converter hides this flaw. In fact the low end torque feels meaty.

My experience with 'S' mode has been totally different. On my highway drives I have used the 'S' mode a lot and the car transforms from being relaxed to always being in a hurry.

I feel in 'S' mode the gearbox follows the predefined gear ratios like a conventional auto box where as in 'D' mode the gearbox behaves like a typical CVT where you cannot feel any shifts.

Also regarding the range of driver seat travel, try keeping the height adjust setting at the lowest, it will help push the seat behind by a few inches.
Dear tazmaan,

I feel that you are most probably right! The D and S modes are drastically different. Though, unlike you, I use the D mode for most of the time - even on highways. I found the S mode useful while coming down a steep slope and also while climbing a steep slope - specially if I want to do quick sudden overtaking!

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks