Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2015, 20:39   #46

Re: A Renault Kwid comes home

UPDATE

Got Kwiddy fueled up today . Consumed 21.12L of fuel. Distance covered was 419KM.

Fuel efficiency = 419/21.12 = 19.83 Kmpl. 70/30 split - Highway/City driving.
ODO at 560Km now

Some observations:
1. The brakes bite better and feel more progressive now.
2. As mentioned in the previous post-The cabin light started functioning on its own.
3. My dad casually mentioned that the shift points(gears) for this car are very different from his old Alto. He needs to extend every gear approximately 5--7 km/h more vis-a-vis his old alto so that the engine pulls cleanly.(Since he was used to the torque/power/responsiveness of a 1.1L engine in his old AltoVx 1.1).
4. Dad was pretty amused while drawing comparisons between his old Alto and the Kwid - more specifically that it feels more planted and stable. Apparently on his highway run to Greater Noida today, he crossed 100 km/h but felt that the car was at 80 km/h. He slowed down once he realized how fast he was going after looking at the speedometer.
5. Last but not the least -The planet grey shade is very easy to live with. I realized that it is excellent in masking dusty spots.

Regards
Abhinav R
Abhinav R is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 15:37   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav R View Post
UPDATE

Got Kwiddy fueled up today . Consumed 21.12L of fuel. Distance covered was 419KM.

ODO at 560Km now

Some observations:
1. The brakes bite better and feel more progressive now.
2. As mentioned in the previous post-The cabin light started functioning on its own.
3. My dad casually mentioned that the shift points(gears) for this car are very different from his old Alto. He needs to extend every gear approximately 5--7 km/h more vis-a-vis his old alto so that the engine pulls cleanly.(Since he was used to the torque/power/responsiveness of a 1.1L engine in his old AltoVx 1.1).
4. Dad was pretty amused while drawing comparisons between his old Alto and the Kwid - more specifically that it feels more planted and stable. Apparently on his highway run to Greater Noida today, he crossed 100 km/h but felt that the car was at 80 km/h. He slowed down once he realized how fast he was going after looking at the speedometer.
5. Last but not the least -The planet grey shade is very easy to live with. I realized that it is excellent in masking dusty spots.

Regards
Abhinav R
For 70/30 highway-city split, FE of 19.xx is pretty good. Also it is good to know the car is stable at speed. Was this with AC or without?
Old 1st December 2015, 16:26   #48

The AC was switched on mostly during the city commute and sparsely while traveling on the highway.

Regards
Abhinav R
Old 2nd December 2015, 11:18   #49
BHPian

Hi Abhinav R,

Congrats on owning a stunning sets of wheels.
Had I not bought Grand i10 for my wife, this surely would have been our choice.
Reason, SUV like looks at a very competitive price. why pay more for our city uses.

However, I would have surely upgraded the tyres and added extra pairs of speakers.

Last edited by Wanderers : 2nd December 2015 at 11:20.
Old 3rd December 2015, 01:11   #50

Hi Abhinav R,

Approx. what was your number in the booking sequence at the dealership you bought it from? And did you have to call the dealership everyday for an update on delivery in order to get the car delivered as quick as they did?

Thanks in advance!
Old 3rd December 2015, 20:02   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interstellar View Post
Hi Abhinav R,

Approx. what was your number in the booking sequence at the dealership you bought it from? And did you have to call the dealership everyday for an update on delivery in order to get the car delivered as quick as they did?

Thanks in advance!
Hi Interstellar,

1.I booked my Kwid on the 7th of September . That's about a week before the official bookings began. As per the sales rep this was the 125th booking for their dealership.

2. Yes, I had to follow up with them every now and then. They assigned the car as soon as I made the down payment once the loan was approved. As per the sales rep, my car arrived but they could not assign it since the loan papers were not processed ( the loan process took twice the time since Reanult people messed it up- check review). The car was in their yard for approximately 5 days or so. I personally think that these guys are flooded with orders and don't have the bandwidth or the experience to process it smoothly.

Hopefully this process will become smoother and more streamlined in the months to come.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Abhinav R
Old 4th December 2015, 01:18   #52
BHPian

Congrats on the new Kwid. Thanks for such a well written review. The car looks very contemporary. Kudos to Renault for adding a breath of fresh air to the entry-level hatch segment. I am about to recommend this car to a colleague. From your report on the highway ride quality it is quite clear that this car offers a more comfortable ride than the Alto K10. The brake performance has improved you wrote. Did it require any servicing or it was natural? How is the NVH with the windows rolled up?
Old 4th December 2015, 18:53   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishnipon View Post
Congrats on the new Kwid. Thanks for such a well written review. The car looks very contemporary. Kudos to Renault for adding a breath of fresh air to the entry-level hatch segment. I am about to recommend this car to a colleague. From your report on the highway ride quality it is quite clear that this car offers a more comfortable ride than the Alto K10. The brake performance has improved you wrote. Did it require any servicing or it was natural? How is the NVH with the windows rolled up?
Hi,

1. The brake performance improved naturally. Did not have to visit the service center yet. I think it might be due to my usage pattern (or that i got used to it and can modulate the pedal better now). I will however get them checked once I visit the dealership to collect my RC and number plates.

2. The NVH with windows rolled up is pretty acceptable. It is much better than my old 1.1L AltoVx

Hope this answers your questions.

Regards
Abhinav R
Abhinav R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2015, 21:46   #54
BHPian

Hi. Congrats on your new car.
BTW. There seems to be some reviews which complains about very poor mileage. Does your trip meter also match your tankful to tankful calculation? Just curious.
Old 17th December 2015, 13:25   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalavoy View Post
Hi. Congrats on your new car.
BTW. There seems to be some reviews which complains about very poor mileage. Does your trip meter also match your tankful to tankful calculation? Just curious.
Hi,

This is from a previous post of mine.

{Got Kwiddy fueled up today . Consumed 21.12L of fuel. Distance covered was 419KM.

ODO at 560Km now }

Hope this helps.

Regards
Abhinav R
Abhinav R is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th September 2018, 22:07   #56
BHPian

After owning the quid for 3years, how would you rate it in terms of maintenance and overall longevity?

I am in a quid Vs alto 800 dilemma. Similar requirements, tiny frugal city car with AC n PS under 4lack on road

Bad experience with madly inflated spares cost of my duster that just went out of warranty is making me ask this question.

Most Viewed