Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2017, 17:39   #151
BHPian

Re: My 2015 Honda Jazz V CVT (Automatic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Dear NitinBatra,

Thanks for the kind words!

Yes - it did cost Rs 16,000/- ONLY! At that time, I had checked out some other units in the open market. I felt the difference to be significant. May be - not worth the difference! But still, when you take into account that I had planned to buy a much higher end car - I felt that I had saved 3~5 lakhs and a little 'splurging' was okay....

Just to provide a context, now I also have a Scorpio S10 AT 2WD. This has two armrests - one for driver and passenger each. I went in for the 8 seater model - with two benches. If I had gone in for the captain seat version 7 seater, it would have come with total 4 armrests. The armrests in my car are definitely comfortable. But the Jazz one is way ahead of it. In my Scorpio, the two armrests are not even at same height! There is no front-back sliding. There is no storage in it. It has a fabric touch feel instead of a nice leather touch in Jazz. So, I have no regrets. Whether you should go in for it or not - you should look and then decide.

I hope I have given the feedback that you desired.

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
Yes, I can also confirm the same because I just bought my wife a Jazz S CVT and I asked the price of the Honda Armrest from the Genuine Accessories booklet and I thought I misunderstood and confirmed twice. Quoted INR 16,000/- to me too and I decided against it.

Girishji, in case of the curious case of a missing armrest in your car you know where to find it haha !!
mac_guy555 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2017, 09:49   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_guy555 View Post
Girishji, in case of the curious case of a missing armrest in your car you know where to find it haha !!
Dear mac_guy555,

Actually, I have a feeling I WILL NOT know where to find it!! There are just too many candidates.... By the way, I do not think it is easy to remove.

Thanks for the comment. You made my day.

Girish Mahajan
Old 20th February 2017, 14:29   #153
BHPian

Hi All,

Took the plunge finally, and ordered the Jazz V CVT last week from Magnum Honda, Sadashivanagar. The car was delivered yesterday. Buying experience was good.

Driven only very little until now (about 20 km) but that was through the thick of bumper-to-bumper Bangalore traffic. Certainly a good car! Engine is super-silent. Suspension is quite good. AC works fine and touchpad controls are Ok. My Moto G and wife's iPhone got connected to the car audio system in the first try itself. Audio seems a bit bass-heavy, perhaps it needs a little adjustment. I adjusted steering height to the minimum and seat height to the maximum (I am 5'7" and wife is 5'4"). The only glitch I see is lack of enough thigh support in the driver seat when the right leg is on the brake (brake pedal is a bit raised compared to the accelerator pedal). Perhaps some good seat covers will be in order. Right now I am using a cushion and it helps to some extent.

Thanks to Mr. Mahajan for his excellent review. Initially I was considering the i20 Elite and Baleno as well, but his review tilted me towards the Jazz in the end!

cheers,

Reji
philipreji is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 14:48   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_guy555 View Post
Yes, I can also confirm the same because I just bought my wife a Jazz S CVT and I asked the price of the Honda Armrest from the Genuine Accessories booklet and I thought I misunderstood and confirmed twice. Quoted INR 16,000/- to me too and I decided against it.

I have an aftermarket armrest in my Jazz and it keeps rattling like hell. And the worst part is that it creaks when arm is rested on top . All these chinese ones are made of thin plastic with hollow cavities which makes them flimsy and noisy.

The type similar to OEM armrest is not available anywhere outside and there's nothing else that comes close to the Honda one.

Quote:
Dear mac_guy555,

Actually, I have a feeling I WILL NOT know where to find it!! There are just too many candidates.... By the way, I do not think it is easy to remove.

Thanks for the comment. You made my day.

Girish Mahajan
Mahajan sir, I am planning to throw out my Chinese armrest and shell out for the Honda one. Can you please let me know if is sturdy and not creak when you place your arm and press on it? I would go for it if it is rock solid after my poor experience with an aftermarket one.
praveen_v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 16:27   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
I have an aftermarket armrest in my Jazz and it keeps rattling like hell. And the worst part is that it creaks when arm is rested on top . All these chinese ones are made of thin plastic with hollow cavities which makes them flimsy and noisy.

The type similar to OEM armrest is not available anywhere outside and there's nothing else that comes close to the Honda one.

Mahajan sir, I am planning to throw out my Chinese armrest and shell out for the Honda one. Can you please let me know if is sturdy and not creak when you place your arm and press on it? I would go for it if it is rock solid after my poor experience with an aftermarket one.
Dear praveen_v,

The armrest does not creak or rattle. In fact, it is very comfortable. It has a very nice 'touch'. In comparison to my Scorpio's armrest, it does not have a 'cloth' feeling. However, it still has a 'luxury' feeling. My suggestion is - go for it!

One more factor in it's favor is that it has forward and backward sliding. Yet another factor is that is has real usable storage space.

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 17:08   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Dear praveen_v,

The armrest does not creak or rattle. In fact, it is very comfortable. It has a very nice 'touch'. In comparison to my Scorpio's armrest, it does not have a 'cloth' feeling. However, it still has a 'luxury' feeling. My suggestion is - go for it!

One more factor in it's favor is that it has forward and backward sliding. Yet another factor is that is has real usable storage space.

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
Thank you for the prompt response. Is the slider offering enough resistance to not move unintentionally? In my current armrest, when co-passengers use it, the slider keeps moving back and forth on acceleration/braking since there is not much resistance in the slider.

I am planning to check it out in person when the car is due for service next week. Will be mostly going for it
praveen_v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 18:01   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
Thank you for the prompt response. Is the slider offering enough resistance to not move unintentionally? In my current armrest, when co-passengers use it, the slider keeps moving back and forth on acceleration/braking since there is not much resistance in the slider.

I am planning to check it out in person when the car is due for service next week. Will be mostly going for it
It moves only when you want it to move. It has a soft of 'clicking' mechanism.

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
Old 22nd February 2017, 09:40   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbhat2 View Post
Another point regarding Ghat section driving :
He did a Ooty trip on his Santro AT
Bangalore - Salem - Mettupalyam - Kotagiri - Ooty - Gudalur - Bandipur - Mysore - Bangalore . uphill or downhill was not at all an issue .
he avoided the Masinagudi - Ooty 36 hairpin route to avoid brakepad heating issues .. as engine braking was not possible with Santro AT and excessive usage of Brakes is not advisable .
He went to Nandi hills too without an issue in his Santro AT.
and I think the Nandi Hill's last curve is a kind of benchmark for ghat driving ..

Now comes the question , with jazz CVT .. is uphill / downhill driving is as simple as with conventional AT .
Any Bangaloreans can throw light on whether with jazz CVT one can drive the Nandihills' last turn easily (on both sides uphill / downhill )

Basically How much steep becomes tricky with jazz CVT . He is not too comfortable with driving in S mode.
Dear ashbhat2,

Wow! That is a long post!

Regarding ghat section driving:
I have driven a variety of cars. My present set comprises of a Jazz V CVT and Scorpio S10 AT 2wd. I have driven both in multiple ghat sections. Most of the time the traffic in ghat sections is not the bottleneck - the hair pins and sharp slopes are! However, I have been blessed with both together too - albeit luckily a few times only. With the Jazz I have to give a slight A push to make it move - while the Scorpio moves on its own. If the slope is slightly more than a few degrees, then even the Scorpio needs the A pedal. My feeling is that the Jazz does behave very well on steep slopes - up and down wards! I feel having to (continuously or excessively) brake while coming downhill might not be a good idea. At the same time - it might not be a choice. My experience is that engine braking with Jazz and Scorpio is good. I have no experience with Santro.

Quote:
..but with CVT , he feels there is no forward moment , he needs to give thrust using accelerator for the vehicle to move forward. And the thrust causes an RPM swing to 2000+ for a second or two ..
Is he missing something and need to correct himself / driving style .
Or what is the best way to drive in heavy traffic scenario
This is a very sensitive issue! This means that he is pushing the A pedal slightly more than necessary. Even when I was getting used to my brand new Jazz, I did not face this issue. Not that 2000+ rpm would be bad - I just feel that it is not necessary. He is getting jumpy - he should be a little patient. The cars pickup is not like Polo but it is still quite good. I just drove down from Pune to Mumbai and got an FE of 20 kmpl and average speed of 54 kmph. The low average speed is due to the city traffic. I drove at 80~100 kmph most of the time on the good roads. For that patch, I was doing ~23 kmpl! While coming down the ghat section, I faced a bit of traffic. I rarely used the brakes. The engine braking worked fine even when I was traveling down the steep sections.

I hope I have answered your queries. I am sorry - I was too tied up and did not see this before.

Regards,

Girish Mahajan

P.S. Sorry missed this point: even I am not comfortable driving in S mode. Just for the experience, I have driven in S mode a few times. The pickup is just phenomenal! However, other than the instantaneous thrill, I did not find and real satisfaction, because 10 seconds later I was always stuck behind another slow moving vehicle!

Last edited by GKMahajan : 22nd February 2017 at 10:01. Reason: Missed a point
GKMahajan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2017, 16:22   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipreji View Post
Hi All,

Took the plunge finally, and ordered the Jazz V CVT last week from Magnum Honda, Sadashivanagar. The car was delivered yesterday. Buying experience was good.

Thanks to Mr. Mahajan for his excellent review. Initially I was considering the i20 Elite and Baleno as well, but his review tilted me towards the Jazz in the end!

cheers,

Reji
Dear Reji,

Congrats on your new car.

I am happy that you took the plunge after being influenced by me. I am quite sure that you would have still bought the car - with or without my writeup! It is a really good car - in fact - in my opinion - the best hatchback car in India at present.

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
Old 28th February 2017, 16:01   #160
BHPian

Thanks Girish. I agree that it is a very good car! My wife also learned to drive the CVT pretty quickly. Now looking forward to a long drive, sometime during the school vacation..

cheers,

Reji
philipreji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 01:00   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipreji View Post
Hi All,

Reji
Congrats!!

Does your V Model have 60:40 Split seats? Or, is it the whole rear seat has to be flattened to make more boot space. Magic Seats are offered only on Vx trim, so I was wondering whether Honda will give at least split seats. By the way any goodies from the Dealer..
Old 4th March 2017, 09:38   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Congrats!!

Does your V Model have 60:40 Split seats? Or, is it the whole rear seat has to be flattened to make more boot space. Magic Seats are offered only on Vx trim, so I was wondering whether Honda will give at least split seats. By the way any goodies from the Dealer..
No, All variants except top VX come with low quality seats, and no 60:40 split either. It does not go completely flat. Honda did a mistake of not providing magic seat in V variant.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2017, 09:47   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Congrats!!

Hi Jaaz,

As Latheesh has pointed out, magic seats and 60:40 split comes only in the VX trim. The highest variant in CVT is the V trim, so we didn't get it.

Magnum Honda waived the insurance (about Rs. 25000/-) for me and gave floor mats and car cover as freebies.

cheers,

Reji
philipreji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2017, 15:56   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
No, All variants except top VX come with low quality seats, and no 60:40 split either. It does not go completely flat. Honda did a mistake of not providing magic seat in V variant.
its no mistake, its a genuine business decision to cut costs and to make you reach out for higher model.

Magic Seats should be compulsory on all models of Jazz and they should limit Jazz to 3 variants . V, VX and ZX.

V being everything including magic seats and VX having AT and ZX having 1.5 with AT.
M00M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2017, 21:03   #165
BHPian

Magic seats are a Utility feature and not a Luxury or Safety feature. ACC, High end Music System, Airbags, Sunroof, Leather Seats, Power Windows etc., can be categorised as Luxury features.

If Honda feels that offering Magic Seats on higher variant will make business sense, it can boomerang too, and drive away prospective customers to other brands. Particularly, those who feel the higher variants are over priced.

Airbags are now offered on all variants, just because of govt. making it mandatory.

Last edited by jaaz : 10th March 2017 at 21:05.
jaaz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks