Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2017, 01:04   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: My 2015 Honda Jazz V CVT (Automatic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Airbags are now offered on all variants, just because of govt. making it mandatory.
In case of Jazz, it offered airbags and IIRC even ABS EBD on all models right from its introduction in India. Other manufacturers caught up late on this.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2017, 20:58   #167
BHPian

Hello friends and Jazz fans!

I am sorry - I have been off TBHP for quite some time - due to work load.

I am happy to see so much happening on my thread.

If anybody want specific inputs from me, then please PM me or use 'quote' option. That way, I will get a message. That way, I will respond a bit earlier.

Now a days, my wife uses the Jazz and I use the Scorpio. Once in a while I get to drive the Jazz too. I have been driving it for short rides in the last few days. It is still 'utterly butterly' smooth! Not that the Scorpio is a slouch, but taking a U-turn with the Jazz is just toooo good!

By the way, my 6 month old Scorpio has done about 10,000 km and the Jazz has completed about 12,000 km in 17~18 months! The Scorpio will be overtaking the Jazz shortly.

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
Old 14th March 2017, 00:02   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Magic seats are a Utility feature and not a Luxury or Safety feature. ACC, High end Music System, Airbags, Sunroof, Leather Seats, Power Windows etc., can be categorised as Luxury features.
Are you serious? AIRBAGS - a Luxury feature?!!!!
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 01:17   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Are you serious? AIRBAGS - a Luxury feature?!!!!
Sorry, Typo. It should be Luxury or Safety feature. Check my earlier sentence.

Coming back to the Safety feature of Airbags - What If it fails ? There's no second chance. There are so many cases of Airbag failures and consequent recall.

Thankfully, not many people drive fast in India, due to road conditions. I've seen many Cars, not even venture into a highway. So, the real test of Airbags will never come to light in India.

If ABS fails, you can correct it yourself (old school driving method) in due course, but there's no way you could identify the Airbags chances of success. So, better be safe than Sorry.

Last edited by jaaz : 14th March 2017 at 01:19.
jaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2017, 22:41   #170
BHPian

Last year I witnessed an accident where a crazy driver oversped his car, which hit the median and got flung over to the other side of the road. The imapact was so heavy that the vehicle was invisible for a while due to the dust raised at the scene. As the air cleared the driver (idiot he is!) could be seen limping out with blood on his face. Then a co-passenger also emerged. The airbags had promptly worked. If it hadn't, both would have been dead on the spot.

Of course there is no cent percent guarantee that any device, for that matter, should work at the time of need. However this incident was clear proof that a working airbag can save one's life.
philipreji is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2017, 11:35   #171
BHPian

Hello friends!

Long time no see!

Anyway, my wife got the Jazz V CVT serviced. I am out of town and so I have not seen the work done.

I got a chance to take it for a drive - last weekend. It is still a lovely car to drive in city traffic and open roads. I went where my wife did not want us to take the Scorpio.

More after the next weekend.

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2017, 15:10   #172
BHPian

Hello Girish,

I've been reading your blog on your beautiful Jazz CVT and I'm truly in awe of how you have maintained it; impeccably!

I wanted to get your feedback on how the car has 'behaved' during your ownership. I have a 2012 Figo, which I bought used in 2015 and I am seriously considering an exchange. Owning it has been nothing short of painful and frustrating.

Please do let me know what your thoughts are and if you've faced any 'challenges'. (Doesn't look like you have at all throughout your thread)

Thanks!
qr20de is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2017, 09:25   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qr20de View Post
Hello Girish,

I've been reading your blog on your beautiful Jazz CVT and I'm truly in awe of how you have maintained it; impeccably!

I wanted to get your feedback on how the car has 'behaved' during your ownership. I have a 2012 Figo, which I bought used in 2015 and I am seriously considering an exchange. Owning it has been nothing short of painful and frustrating.

Please do let me know what your thoughts are and if you've faced any 'challenges'. (Doesn't look like you have at all throughout your thread)

Thanks!
Dear qr20de,

Thank you for the nice words. I am sorry I have been real busy, so I did not get a chance to lookup my emails.

I bought the Jazz V CVT in Oct 2015 and then added a Scorpio S10 AT in Sep 2016. So, after about 1 years driving, it has been with my wife. The running has dropped significantly. However, it is doing a lot of city duty. Lots of short runs in varying traffic conditions. On the 'challenges' front, there is a small issue. If I ask to drive it, then I am not allowed - by my wife. She is willing to drop me and pick me up - but she is unwilling to drop a chance to drive it! If both of us have to go anywhere in it, then she says that my driving makes her 'nervous' - just excuses you know!!

In short, if you are considering it, just 'do it'!

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
Old 27th June 2017, 09:46   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post

In short, if you are considering it, just 'do it'!
While advising about what car to buy, I came across this thread. I have not seen too many here that are as informative and entertaining - even hilarious - as this one is. Very readable and therefore even more useful, so I thank you for taking the trouble.
Sawyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2017, 09:50   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
While advising about what car to buy, I came across this thread. I have not seen too many here that are as informative and entertaining - even hilarious - as this one is. Very readable and therefore even more useful, so I thank you for taking the trouble.
I am honored Dear Sawyer - by your kind words.

I have come across some people on FB who have quoted this thread - on the Jazz owners group. I always hoped to help - but apparently, everybody who liked it - liked it for a different reason! I do not mind!

I notice that you are 'senior' and in Pune - maybe we can meet up some day.

Girish Mahajan
Old 27th June 2017, 10:20   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
I notice that you are 'senior' and in Pune - maybe we can meet up some day.
Senior by virtue of having lots of free time to write posts, that is all!

We can certainly meet, I am in the Balewadi area.

See the link, the most recent posts in the thread below, to see why your thread is of interest to me at this time:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchb...ml#post4223658
PS: There are many sentences in your posts that are memorable and useful in assessing the relevance of the car. But in general, the one that I appreciated a lot is this one:
"Now I am a great advocate of sedate driving. It saves fuel - yes! However, what I realized was that the stress was significantly less. Sub-consciously, the body stays in a condition of 'high-alert' at higher speeds and it is just not worth it!"
Hats off to you for putting this so effectively.

Last edited by Sawyer : 27th June 2017 at 10:27.
Sawyer is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th June 2017, 12:34   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Senior by virtue of having lots of free time to write posts, that is all!

We can certainly meet, I am in the Balewadi area.

See the link, the most recent posts in the thread below, to see why your thread is of interest to me at this time:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchb...ml#post4223658
PS: There are many sentences in your posts that are memorable and useful in assessing the relevance of the car. But in general, the one that I appreciated a lot is this one:
"Now I am a great advocate of sedate driving. It saves fuel - yes! However, what I realized was that the stress was significantly less. Sub-consciously, the body stays in a condition of 'high-alert' at higher speeds and it is just not worth it!"
Hats off to you for putting this so effectively.
Dear Sawyer,

Thanks a lot. I got a lot of private messages to the same effect.

By the way I stay behind Seasons Hotel, Aundh. We are 'so near yet so far'!! I will PM my contact details to you.

Girish Mahajan
Old 8th July 2017, 08:45   #178

Kitna Deti Hai?

For all those who want to buy this car & wonder what its fuel efficiency would be like, here is a real life report :
I have been using the V-CVT for about 8 months now. All free services done & car has run for close to 8500km. I drive mostly between Mumbai & Navi Mumbai for daily office runs & occasional highway runs. I would consider myself as a 'normal' driver - not too aggressive nor too sedate...

Short term, measured over 900 kms - all runs between home & office., ie city driving - 11.3kmpl

Long term, measured over 5555 kms - includes 5 trips between Mumbai-Pune - 12.9 kmpl
During my Pune drives, I saw the figure go up to 17kmpl over continuous highway stretches of 100km, with speed hovering near 80 kmph on an average.

I used to drive an i10 with 1.2 kappa engine prior to this & I think the efficiency performance was similar, may be a few points higher, but not drastically different. The difference is in the ride, handling & feel good factor with the Jazz CVT - thanks to Girish. I was one of the many who were inspired by his post!
Attached Thumbnails
My 2015 Honda Jazz V CVT (Automatic)-img_20170703_180050.jpg  

My 2015 Honda Jazz V CVT (Automatic)-img_20170703_180057.jpg  

kiransg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 11:00   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiransg View Post
Kitna Deti Hai?

For all those who want to buy this car & wonder what its fuel efficiency would be like, here is a real life report :
I have been using the V-CVT for about 8 months now. All free services done & car has run for close to 8500km. I drive mostly between Mumbai & Navi Mumbai for daily office runs & occasional highway runs. I would consider myself as a 'normal' driver - not too aggressive nor too sedate...

Short term, measured over 900 kms - all runs between home & office., ie city driving - 11.3kmpl

Long term, measured over 5555 kms - includes 5 trips between Mumbai-Pune - 12.9 kmpl
During my Pune drives, I saw the figure go up to 17kmpl over continuous highway stretches of 100km, with speed hovering near 80 kmph on an average.

I used to drive an i10 with 1.2 kappa engine prior to this & I think the efficiency performance was similar, may be a few points higher, but not drastically different. The difference is in the ride, handling & feel good factor with the Jazz CVT - thanks to Girish. I was one of the many who were inspired by his post!
Thank you kiransg for the nice words. I am flattered.

Lately, I have not been monitoring the average. The Jazz is with my wife. I need to take it on a long drive and see. However, in my last few short runs, I feel the in-city FE was around 15 kmpl.

Maybe I am sounding harsh - but I assure you no offense intended - buy maybe - you need to reduce the pickup/acceleration and breaking. Drive steady. The routes you are talking of should give much better FE.

Anyway, none of us buys cars to achieve any FE. So, make sure that it takes you where you want to go, with no fuss and stress free driving - in short - enjoy your drive.

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
Old 19th July 2017, 21:13   #180
BHPian

[quote=GKMahajan;4231480]Thank you kiransg for the nice words. I am flattered.

Mahajan Sir, This was a fabulous informative review. I read the thread in one go.

I am in the same boat as you were in Oct 2015. I am confused between the Jazz and Baleno

I have a few pointed questions about your family's experience with the Jazz

1) Do you use the sports mode with the paddle shifters? Are the paddle shifters useful?
2) Is it comfortable to sit in the rear seats? I am concerned about the absence of the headrests in the rear seats
3) In the absence of the hill hold assist, how comfortable is it for your wife to drive the car when stopped in steep inclines?
4) On an average what service cost are you getting every six months?
5) Do you miss the magic seats of the top end?
6) And finally, as of today would you still recommend the Jazz or a different hatchback?

I will be thrilled to see your answers. I hope it will help in my decision making

Last edited by Satishtv : 19th July 2017 at 21:17.
Satishtv is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed