Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2018, 09:19   #196
BHPian

Re: My 2015 Honda Jazz V CVT (Automatic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
I have one observation that due to the creep feature sometimes I have to press the break pedal more than a normal transmission at 2nd gear speeds ( 10-30 km/hr). Can you share your experiences ? It sometimes amount to awkward situation where you have to press the break pedal further to avoid hitting the guy at the front.
Dear adi_gt,

I am not sure if I have understood your query.
I am assuming that you are talking about CVT model and having to press the brake more at less speeds.
Even I got this feeling when the car was new. Now, either the car has adjusted to me or I have got tuned to the car. I have not noticed this for more than 2 years!

Note: After driving the Scorpio for two weeks, once I took out the Jazz. I observed that the car was stopping too suddenly. Then I realized that I was braking just as if the car was a 2 ton behemoth!

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2018, 23:25   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Hello Jazzers/friends,

Today drove from Pune to Mira Road.
Tank full to present condition - 208.6 km @15.4 kmpl (includes 2:30 hours for 18.3 km in Pune city at 8 kmph average speed - on the 13 Oct 2017 - it rained 100.8 mm in one hour!!!!)

Pune to Mira Road only - 167.1 km @21.0 kmpl
Range balance - 358 km. This means the tank fill to empty range is estimated to be 358 + 209 = 567 km at least - and mind you - the tank was not really empty when I filled it - it was showing a balance of 50+!! So the real range is in excess of 600 km for mixed driving.
Nice that you are loving your Jazz so much & also are getting nice FE. I think under same driving conditions, manual Jazz would have returned similar FE. My colleague has a manual petrol Jazz. Under city driving with AC, he is getting around 14 kmpl. Am I right in presuming that nothing to choose FE wise between manual & CVT. In Baleno, there is a sharp difference in manual & CVT FE. Two of my colleagues, one owning a CVT Baleno & the other a manual, are reporting approx 4 kmpl difference in FE, that too in city- something like 16 to 12.
Would love to have your latest update on this.

Last edited by Aditya : 12th August 2019 at 18:17. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
Chitta Pradhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2018, 10:01   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
My Jazz CVT is throwing around numbers ranging 12 to 16 depending on the usage and the traffic involved. On an average 12-13 should be an acceptable number in Bangalore traffic.
adi_gt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2018, 11:43   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
Nice that you are loving your Jazz so much & also are getting nice FE. I think under same driving conditions, manual Jazz would have returned similar FE. My colleague has a manual petrol Jazz. Under city driving with AC, he is getting around 14 kmpl. Am I right in presuming that nothing to choose FE wise between manual & CVT. In Baleno, there is a sharp difference in manual & CVT FE. Two of my colleagues, one owning a CVT Baleno & the other a manual, are reporting approx 4 kmpl difference in FE, that too in city- something like 16 to 12.
Dear Chitta Pradhan,

You are right - I enjoy driving the Jazz and just love taking it on long drives. Just fyi this is among the lowest FEs that I have got!
As far as I know, the FE of CVT is more than manual. However, I do not have first hand experience.
No comment on Baleno - again no first hand or second hand exposure.

I had made a Pune Nagpur Pune trip last year. I had taken my Scorpio for that trip. If I had taken the Jazz, I feel I would have come to know it's 'real' long distance performance. In the Mumbai Pune regions there is too much traffic - I am not able to drive 'steady'. I have a feeling that getting 700+ km from a 35 lt tank would be 'easy-peasy'! Can be compared to the same 700~800 km range from my 60 lt Scorpio tank. At the present fuel prices, I think both are having almost same Rs/km with the Jazz having slight advantage.

I hope this feedback is useful to you.

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
Old 13th October 2018, 05:28   #200
BHPian

Quote:
I have a feeling that getting 700+ km from a 35 lt tank would be 'easy-peasy'!
Girish Mahajan
It was really good to go through your thread, and admittedly I haven't researched a lot before I went in for the Jazz this June. Whereas, i agree to all the virtues of the car, i have absolutely no clue how you are managing the FE that you are. Mine does an abysmal 8, and the places its driven is not even close to B2B traffic.

Though the car is currently only 1700 Kms done, and due for its 2nd service; not sure if I need to get the attention of the service advisor to this. However, the car seems like a bad concoction of low power and bad fuel efficiency
Overlander is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 09:43   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
i have absolutely no clue how you are managing the FE that you are. Mine does an abysmal 8, and the places its driven is not even close to B2B traffic.
However, the car seems like a bad concoction of low power and bad fuel efficiency
Dear Overlander,

Thanks for the positive feedback. This is a question that has been asked to me multiple times - I mean about the FE that I get! My Oct 2015 Jazz has done just 20000+ km while my Sep 2016 Scorpio has done 30000+ km. This is because my wife has the Jazz since Sep 2016. She too gets about 10 kmpl in purely city based b2b traffic. Just today I drove about 170 km at an average of 20.x kmpl. We were three 'healthy' adults plus some luggage. When I started, it showed a Range of 283 km, at the end of the 170 km drive the total of range and covered is 460 km. I am sure it can go as high as 580 km and maybe even 620 km. In very lucky days I have reached about 700 km!

I think you need to maintain about 80~90 kmph over long distances to really get good FE. I do not think this is all that easy anywhere in India. Just remember that the 'fun' factor has nothing to do with the FE! Just enjoy the ride.

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2018, 06:29   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
Mine does an abysmal 8, and the places its driven is not even close to B2B traffic.
However, the car seems like a bad concoction of low power and bad fuel efficiency
This is what I observed. I completed 9500 kms in last 3.5 months and I tried experimenting with different fuel types. I made sure that the same type of fuel was used for at least 2 full tanks

On highways , ( 80-110 kms/hr )
BP: 17 to 17.5
HP/IOC : 18 to 18.5
Speed BP: 18 to 18.5
Extra premium : Yet to try
Pune to Mumbai: around 22-24
Mumbai to Pune: around 16-17
Mumbai -Bangalore highways: 18-19
If we drive around 70, I think we can manage above 20 km/l. But it is very difficult to drive and maintain low speed

I keep getting varying gas mileage inside city (Trivandrum and Mumbai)
BP: 12-13
HP/IOC: 12.5 to 13.5
Speed: 13 to 13.5
Extra premium: Yet to test
If I drive less than 3 kms one way or stuck in dead traffic, mileage reduces to 9-10.

Engine feels much smoother on BP fuel but I get less mileage. I get a higher gas mileage with HP.

When compared with stick shift model, initial pick up is much better on CVT. 1700 kms is too less to conclude about low pickup. Once you attain the desired speed, disengage the accelerator and check the engine rpm, it should drop to 1200 rpm and then just maintain this state without losing speed.

I have S-CVT model with steel rims. I have placed order for Honda city edge edition 15 inch alloys ( still waiting ) , I will provide an update about mileage once alloys are fixed. I am experimenting with few more changes by finding out way to reduce the car weight and increase pick up ( removing spare tire and drive around with half tank fuel )

Last edited by rahulskumar : 17th October 2018 at 06:31.
rahulskumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2018, 18:48   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Dear prashkul,

My impression is that overall you seem satisfied. I would say that you should not spend too much time and effort on 'analysis'!! Just go get it!!

Best of luck with your decision.

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
Hi Girish ji,

I finally booked Jazz 2018 CVT VX!! Actually, some other priorities took over and I shelved the idea of replacing/buying for almost 2 years. But I'm excited to have made the booking and eagerly looking forward to the delivery next week.

Thanks again for your detailed review, and 'encouragement'

Regards, Prashanth
prashkul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2018, 09:42   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashkul View Post
Hi Girish ji,

I finally booked Jazz 2018 CVT VX!! Actually, some other priorities took over and I shelved the idea of replacing/buying for almost 2 years. But I'm excited to have made the booking and eagerly looking forward to the delivery next week.

Thanks again for your detailed review, and 'encouragement'

Regards, Prashanth
Dear prashkul,

You should not kill the messenger if he brings bad news. But, you can reward the messenger if he gets what you like! Ha Ha Ha Ha... Just kidding!

I think your heart was already into it. You just got 'support' from my review.

I am looking forward to your review.

Thanks for the nice words.

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
Old 22nd October 2018, 11:32   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
This is what I observed. I completed 9500 kms in last 3.5 months and I tried experimenting with different fuel types. I made sure that the same type of fuel was used for at least 2 full tanks
Dear Rahul,

You have done a much better analysis of FE than me! I am impressed. Why don't you share this with Honda? They might even give you some freebie as a reward!

From logic point of view, your idea of reducing weight to increase FE is a good point. However, I feel that if you use number analysis, you might find that the change in weight in percentage terms might be insignificant - making a change in FE un-verifiable! However, that does not mean that you should not try! I am just trying to ensure that you do not get disappointed.

As we have discussed earlier, I have the V CVT with the paddle shifts. This can give some magic pickup (of course, it kills the FE!). The VX-CVT is unknown animal to me. I am looking forward to feedback on this version.

Regards,

Girish Mahajan

Last edited by Aditya : 12th August 2019 at 18:16. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
Old 6th August 2019, 09:00   #206
BHPian

Hi Mahajan and team -

I've asked thin on the Jazz review thread also.

Need your suggestion-

2.5 years old Jazz V petrol automatic with 16.5 kms on the odo

Asking price is 8.4 lacs from the showroom..

Feb 2017 is manufacture date...

Is it a good buy? or Should I look at new car?

Will BS norms be of any significance on Petrol car?

Thanks
BheemBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 10:11   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BheemBoy View Post
Hi Mahajan and team -

Dear BheemBoy,

Never ask such questions to a fan! Just joking.
Any Jazz automatic which is only 2.5 years old and has only 16500+ km on it is a good car. As far as I know, 2017 was a good year. I do not remember any 'quirks'.

What I am confused about is the price. I bought my 2015 car for around that time as a brand new car. I have not checked the latest prices. Is this the quote for the used car? If so, then the market prices have really gone up in the last 5+ years! As per cardekho site, the basic price is around 8.65 lakh. So effectively, the seller is giving you a benefit of the taxes and a bit of cut on the basic price. If you can afford the difference, I would say that you should go for the latest model. Go for the used car only if the price is significantly less.

This is just my two bits!

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
Old 12th August 2019, 10:24   #208
BHPian

Thank you for the feedback. It was for a used car and so I gave it a go. The asking price was way too high.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th August 2019 at 11:24. Reason: Typo plus removing unwanted dots. Please avoid. Thanks.
Old 12th August 2019, 10:28   #209
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BheemBoy View Post

Is it a good buy? or Should I look at new car?
Here I was thinking that 3 year old cars generally lose close to 40%, give or take a few % points depending upon some factors. 8.4 lacs for Jazz V Automatic seems rich to me as well. And what's more- I was personally able to evaluate a 3 year old Jazz V Automatic a while ago at a Honda showroom and it was indeed offered at ~35% off of the new car's price, at 6 lacs.
Old 20th October 2019, 00:06   #210
BHPian

Hi Guys & Girish,

On the lookout for an automatic and out of the blue a dealer has offered me a 2016 July Jazz V - CVT. Pearl White. Single Owner. Run 11k genuine Kms only (Still to check). Asking 6.25L. MH01 Registered. Is this a good deal? As per OBV value, the price he is asking is spot on for a car in "Excellent" condition. I have not yet seen the car. Only pictures. Looks very good. Comprehensive Insurance till June 2020. AMC till June 2020.

My question to the experts here is : Is there anything specific to look out for apart from the usual pre-owned checklist?

I have been through nearly all 14 pages of Girish's thread and "ciddharths" thread as well and my only concern's are the sluggish pick up and the ground clearance.

Is it possible to buy an Extended Warranty from Honda like we can with Maruti?

Girish, 4 years down the line, how much have you spent on your Jazz on maintenance? Still happy with the car? Any major issues?

Regards,
SS

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks