Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2016, 18:21   #46
mxh
BHPian

Re: My 2015 Honda Jazz V CVT (Automatic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Dear toofanwheels,

I do about 160~170 km drives 4~6 times a week.

Girish Mahajan
Wow, that is some serious running, travelling 1000 Km a week. Did you consider a diesel automatic instead of petrol, to save on the fuel costs?
Old 18th January 2016, 09:30   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
Wow, that is some serious running, travelling 1000 Km a week. Did you consider a diesel automatic instead of petrol, to save on the fuel costs?
Dear mxh,

Small bug - it should have read ".... times a month".

My typical running is about 12000~15000 km / year. So, a diesel is not worth it.
That does not mean I might not buy a diesel in the near future.
In fact, I am planning to replace my other car with a Mahindra - one of TUV/Scorpio/XUV.

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2016, 19:57   #48
BHPian

A small update:

My Honda Jazz V CVT went for the second free servicing.
If had done 4,006 km when it went to the service center.
Left at 11:00 am on Saturday, 23 Jan 2016. Was back by 5:30 pm.
Total expense: Rs 350 for the pickup and drop.

Unfortunately, the bill and other papers are in the car. Off-hand (I think) nothing special done.

Also - filled petrol after the car came home. The tank-to-tank method (550 km 2287.91 Rs about 35.1 lt) gave me Rs 4.10 / km or 15.7 km/lt. I am thrilled. Note: the MID was showing 15.9 km/lt. So, the matching is better than I expected.

On a side note: checked the air pressure, the pressure had dropped to about 27/29 psi in about one month. So a drop of 3 psi from 30/32 psi. In my Honda City (Bridgestone tyres) it would drop less than 1 psi in 2~3 months! The present shoes are Goodyear!
Old 24th January 2016, 20:15   #49
mxh
BHPian

Quote:

Total expense: Rs 350 for the pickup and drop.
For my last 2 free servicings the pickup and drop has been free. Would suggest you take it up with Honda and get a refund.

Quote:
On a side note: checked the air pressure, the pressure had dropped to about 27/29 psi in about one month. So a drop of 3 psi from 30/32 psi. In my Honda City (Bridgestone tyres) it would drop less than 1 psi in 2~3 months! The present shoes are Goodyear!
I am facing the exact same thing in my Honda City, only that my tyres deflate even faster. Around 3-4 psi /week. All the tyres deflate equally so it's not a puncture. I think the Honda rims are bad. It's a pain to get the tyres filled everytime at the petrol pump.

Last edited by mxh : 24th January 2016 at 20:19.
mxh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2016, 21:00   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
For my last 2 free servicings the pickup and drop has been free. Would suggest you take it up with Honda and get a refund.

I am facing the exact same thing in my Honda City, only that my tyres deflate even faster. Around 3-4 psi /week. All the tyres deflate equally so it's not a puncture. I think the Honda rims are bad. It's a pain to get the tyres filled everytime at the petrol pump.
Dear mxh,

I have been paying this pickup and drop charge for my Honda City too.
However, the issue of free service related charges .... I need to check out!

I am thinking of checking the air pressure more often. Then I will know if there is an issue or is it just one-off.

Girish Mahajan
Old 24th January 2016, 21:24   #51
mxh
BHPian

Quote:
Dear mxh,

I have been paying this pickup and drop charge for my Honda City too.
However, the issue of free service related charges .... I need to check out!

I am thinking of checking the air pressure more often. Then I will know if there is an issue or is it just one-off.

Girish Mahajan
Hi Girish,
Show them this and get your money back. As you can see, they are being refunded the charges by Honda so it looks like they are pocketing the charges twice. Take it up with Honda Helpline on the 1800 number if necessary.
Attached Thumbnails
My 2015 Honda Jazz V CVT (Automatic)-1453650871218.jpg  

mxh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 10:43   #52
BHPian

Hello GK,

Keep the updates coming. I just got the 2nd service done for my Jazz on 24th from linkway. I assumed there was a scheduled oil change but the 1st change of oil comes at 10000kms or 6 months which ever comes first.

My invoice was of INR 0 /- but I don't remember tyre rotation being done in my case. Let me recheck the invoice and get back.

The milage you are getting on Mumbai - Pune express-way is exactly identical to milage I have been getting, only difference being I was driving in S mode manually shifting gears. Sometimes I used to upshift early for example on flat roads and sometime hold a gear while climbing.

My Jazz has done 3800 kms and our usage seems similar in Mumbai. One day we might bump into each other in or around Mumbai.
tazmaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 12:03   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
Hello GK,

Keep the updates coming. I just got the 2nd service done for my Jazz on 24th from linkway. I assumed there was a scheduled oil change but the 1st change of oil comes at 10000kms or 6 months which ever comes first.

My invoice was of INR 0 /- but I don't remember tyre rotation being done in my case. Let me recheck the invoice and get back.

The milage you are getting on Mumbai - Pune express-way is exactly identical to milage I have been getting, only difference being I was driving in S mode manually shifting gears. Sometimes I used to upshift early for example on flat roads and sometime hold a gear while climbing.

My Jazz has done 3800 kms and our usage seems similar in Mumbai. One day we might bump into each other in or around Mumbai.
Dear tazmaan,

Thanks for the sweet words!
I have been planning to use the S mode for a full trip and see..... Now you have got me thinking on those lines again!
I do not think we should wait for fate to make us bump into each other! We have already 'met' on this forum. Let us plan a meet!

Girish Mahajan
Old 25th January 2016, 12:35   #54
mxh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post

It would not have been done I think, unless you specifically followed up on it. I had to argue with the service station on this even though it is in their job card for the service. He said it comes only after xx km. I told him to see the second service job card and do it. Easy way to check at this stage; check if your spare is in new condition or used. Mine was done thanks to my follow up. This was the only thing I checked with the service adviser and that also was a debate. Who knows what else the service stations omit during servicing. The service station was Solitaire Honda Andheri Mumbai. Another thing I noticed when I took delivery of my car- the coolant reservoir wasn't full at showroom itself! Linkway said it should be between the 2 lines. Later I checked the manual and it said clearly coolant should be filled till the top line. I had to show them the manual to get my coolant and wasted a trip to the service station due to their ignorance and cheapness..
mxh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2016, 14:02   #55
BHPian

A small update.

Last week I had to go to visit a company in Wada. From Mira Road, Mumbai this is about 75~80 km one way.
I went by taking the road via Virar and came back via Manor.
On the way back, my M.D.'s Superb was ahead of me. The driver was doing some spirited driving.
I had set my personal limits lower. But still - without crossing 110 kmph I reached Vasai just 5 minutes later! I was really impressed by the smooth performance at 100~110 kmph.
Once I encountered a 'blind speedbreaker' (aka car breaker). I had to do some hard braking. I think ABS came into play - I actually felt the brake do a give-take for a few seconds! I was impressed because the car did nil drama!
The car definitely loves to be on open roads. I had been told that the CVT is ideal for traffic but bad for highway. I have to disagree with that. It was real fantastic on the highway.
I have driven multiple times on highways but this was empty! I am so not used to that!

By the way, I got an average of 15~17 kmpl on both drives. There was about 10~15 km of real bad road - driving at 10~20 kmph. This killed the FE. I guess I was getting around 20 kmpl for the rest of the journey.

Girish Mahajan
Old 18th February 2016, 11:04   #56
BHPian

Guys, Need some suggestions and inputs.

This is for my friend who wants to upgrade from Santro AT.
His requirements are -
- Auto Transmission is must
- Mosty City driving ,
- Occassional 4 -5 day trip with family of 2 Adults + 2 kids , was managing with Santro boot w/o much fuss till now

Initially was considering City but from cost point of view and drivability point of view weighing options for bigger boot Hatchbacks and Looking for a vehicle with good build quality / decent interiors

Ford/Volkswagen are not suitable as their direction indicator lever is on left hand side and he has practical difficulties in operating them.
AMT may not be as smooth as conventional AT / CVT so not considering TUV 300 though he liked the looks

So the choice boils down to Baleno & Jazz

Baleno : He wants to wait for few months to have the initial ownership reports, as there are a few concerns with lesser weight, no cover for the engine at the bottom etc.

Jazz : Ticks most of the boxes , but want to understand below things
- Is interior / exterior build quality being compromised to make the car cheaper.
- Is CVT more suitable for city traffic as compared to Conventional AT (4 speed AT of Santro to be precise)
- Is rear room good and comfortable for 2 children of 10+ years - particularly for longer journeys .

He was happily driving Santro AT for 10+ years and a very sedate driver
So really does not care about the technical differences b/w DCT/DSG/CVT/AT/AMT as long as they do not have a perceivable difference in day to day operation.
Old 18th February 2016, 12:26   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbhat2 View Post

want to understand below things
- Is interior / exterior build quality being compromised to make the car cheaper.
- Is CVT more suitable for city traffic as compared to Conventional AT (4 speed AT of Santro to be precise)
- Is rear room good and comfortable for 2 children of 10+ years - particularly for longer journeys .
Since your friend is considering only the Baleno and the Jazz
- Interiors are simple and practical. They don't feel cheap at all. Plenty of usable spaces as well. The exterior build quality of Jazz is better than the Baleno in my opinion. So nothing much to worry about there.
- Since I have a manual Jazz, I can't really comment on the CVT. But going by the ownership report by Mahajan Sir, I feel it'll be quite fun to drive. But the best thing will be to ask your friend to take test drives of the Jazz on different road types to assess it better.
- The rear leg room is adequate even for tall adults. However, the CVT versions miss out on head restraints on the rear seats. I've done only 3 hours max trips till now and those journeys have not been tiring one bit. Other members with longer journey experiences can pitch in.
TD_GHY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2016, 13:00   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbhat2 View Post
His requirements are -
- Auto Transmission is must
- Mosty City driving ,
- Occassional 4 -5 day trip with family of 2 Adults + 2 kids , was managing with Santro boot w/o much fuss till now

Baleno : He wants to wait for few months to have the initial ownership reports, as there are a few concerns with lesser weight, no cover for the engine at the bottom etc.

Jazz : Ticks most of the boxes , but want to understand below things

He was happily driving Santro AT for 10+ years and a very sedate driver
So really does not care about the technical differences b/w DCT/DSG/CVT/AT/AMT as long as they do not have a perceivable difference in day to day operation.
Dear ashbhat2,

I have driven the Jazz V CVT for 5000+ km as of now. It is a full VFM proposition. It ticks all your checkboxes - superb interior (no compromise) 7 speed in D mode and another 7 speed in S mode using toggle shifts, super smooth driving without using the toggle shifts, phenomenally spacious. I am 5' 10" and I could sit behind my cousin who is 6' 2"+!!
Please note that even I am a sedate driver - mainly!

I did a TD of the Baleno manual. It is a good car too! Unfortunately, as yet, the CVT version is too low down in the hierarchy! If this is to be considered, then your friend needs to wait. Unfortunately, I am afraid that the price of a high end Baleno CVT may not keep it VFM - only time will tell.

In short - GO FOR JAZZ V CVT!

Note: TD_GHY has given a very nice reply too!

Girish Mahajan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD_GHY View Post
Since your friend is considering only the Baleno and the Jazz
- Interiors are simple and practical. They don't feel cheap at all. Plenty of usable spaces as well. The exterior build quality of Jazz is better than the Baleno in my opinion. So nothing much to worry about there.
- Since I have a manual Jazz, I can't really comment on the CVT. But going by the ownership report by Mahajan Sir, I feel it'll be quite fun to drive. But the best thing will be to ask your friend to take test drives of the Jazz on different road types to assess it better.
- The rear leg room is adequate even for tall adults. However, the CVT versions miss out on head restraints on the rear seats. I've done only 3 hours max trips till now and those journeys have not been tiring one bit. Other members with longer journey experiences can pitch in.
Dear TD_GHY,
Well summarized. Thanks.
It is always nice when I come across people who are like minded!
I come from a Honda City, and still I must say that the tall family members did not face any issue with the fixed head restrains on the rear seats. Maybe Honda deserves some credit!
I did a Pune Nasik Wani Saptashringi Temple and back route and there were no complaints. In fact, for some time I sat in the back and - well honestly - dozed off!

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 14:41   #59
BHPian

Dear GK Mahajan, Your review and ownership report has convinced me to shortlist Jazz CVT as one of my options for my next car. After TD, I completely agree with your view point on the ride qualities of the car. I personally liked the feature of using paddle shift even with D mode. It would be convenient when you want to overtake and downshift.

My other option is Figo DCT. While it lacks in space and FE when compared to Jazz, it seems to be a better driver's car and in Bangalore the on road price difference between these models is 1L. I'm now in a big dilemma.

During my TD, even after multiple adjustments of seat and steering level, I never felt that the driving position to be comfortable for me (for my height of 5ft 11inch). Have you faced this issue?

Your opinion will be very helpful for me to make a decision between these two cars
ram1980 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 15:22   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram1980 View Post
Dear GK Mahajan, Your review and ownership report has convinced me to shortlist Jazz CVT as one of my options for my next car. After TD, I completely agree with your view point on the ride qualities of the car. I personally liked the feature of using paddle shift even with D mode. It would be convenient when you want to overtake and downshift.

My other option is Figo DCT. While it lacks in space and FE when compared to Jazz, it seems to be a better driver's car and in Bangalore the on road price difference between these models is 1L. I'm now in a big dilemma.

During my TD, even after multiple adjustments of seat and steering level, I never felt that the driving position to be comfortable for me (for my height of 5ft 11inch). Have you faced this issue?

Your opinion will be very helpful for me to make a decision between these two cars
Dear ram1980,

Thanks for the nice words.

I have never driven the Figo DCT - so I cannot comment. I am sure there are others on this forum who can comment.

Regarding the seat and steering adjustments,
What I mean is that I took some time to find the optimum and I am just 1" shorter than you. But since then I have had no issues finding a comfortable seating posture.
Note: my wife and daughter drive it some times and change the settings. However, I am back to my setting in less than a minute!

I am biased towards the Japanese stable horses, so I would always suggest Jazz over Figo - specially in the long run! As you must have read in my review, I had a Honda City and I did not want to take a Honda car again BUT still landed up with one - just on the basis of the drivability!

My suggestion is that you take more TDs of both and decide for yourself.

Additionally, from Oct 2015 till date 52xx km under the belt and I am totally happy with my decision!

Girish Mahajan

Last edited by GKMahajan : 10th March 2016 at 15:24.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks