Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2016, 11:30   #106
BHPian

Re: My 2015 Honda Jazz V CVT (Automatic)

Hi Girish,

Do you have idea about good wheel alignment and balancing shops in PCMC and Pune region? 2 weeks back my Jazz went through bad roads and few deep potholes during rainy night drive. I also had a tyre cut incident that night. After that trip, Jazz doesn't feel great at high speeds and I wanted to check for its alignment and do wheel rotation and balancing. You are Honda owner and so thought of checking with you for your experience.
Old 10th August 2016, 08:58   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
Hi Girish,

Do you have idea about good wheel alignment and balancing shops in PCMC and Pune region? 2 weeks back my Jazz went through bad roads and few deep potholes during rainy night drive. I also had a tyre cut incident that night. After that trip, Jazz doesn't feel great at high speeds and I wanted to check for its alignment and do wheel rotation and balancing. You are Honda owner and so thought of checking with you for your experience.
It is unfortunate that you faced this tyre damage, but given the condition of our roads, this should be expected. Just yesterday I had a one inch screw pierce my TUVs front tyre & I had a puncture.

To check your car's alignment you can do a simple test. On a plain straight road, doing a steady speed of 50-60 kmph, slowly lift both the hands off the steering & check if the car goes in a straight line (without any correction to the steering). If it does, then your alignment is perfect, if not & car veers either to left or right, your wheel alignment has been disturbed. Similarly if you experience steering vibrations at certain speeds (80 kmph or beyond that), then the balancing needs to be looked at.

Where exactly do you live in PCMC? I have been doing all my tyre related jobs (rotation, alignment etc) for my Indica & Innova at Darshan tyres, Empire Estate, Chinchwad. He has good alignmnet machine set-up and the technicians are also knowledgeable. Rates are also reasonable. You can give it a try for your Jazz.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2016, 10:50   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post

To check your car's alignment you can do a simple test. On a plain straight road, doing a steady speed of 50-60 kmph, slowly lift both the hands off the steering & check if the car goes in a straight line (without any correction to the steering). If it does, then your alignment is perfect, if not & car veers either to left or right, your wheel alignment has been disturbed. Similarly if you experience steering vibrations at certain speeds (80 kmph or beyond that), then the balancing needs to be looked at.
Though this is my 3rd car but 1st car with EPS and so I am not exactly able to say whether it veers or not, Jazz has light steering. My front left tyre got a small sidewall cut which was sealed using tubeless puncture kit at Tyre Shop on Expressway after Khalapur Toll Booth. I feel this small addition of weight has made by 100+ drive not smooth as earlier and wheel balancing seems to be the case. I had been to Crsystal Honda, Bavdhan for 2nd free service but the alignment machine was broken down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Where exactly do you live in PCMC?
I live in Talegaon so PCMC is nearest to me but I can go to any reputed shop irrespective of location. I used to stay at Panvel and have shifted my base last year. I drive to Hinjawadi, there is MRF and Bridgestone shops but are they worth, they seem to be relatively new setup. National tyres at Palaspe Phata, Panvel is the oldest and reputed where things would be sorted for sure, I need someone like that.

Thanks AutoIndian.
varunswnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2016, 12:56   #109
BHPian

Quote:
I had been to Crsystal Honda, Bavdhan for 2nd free service but the alignment machine was broken down.

I live in Talegaon so PCMC is nearest to me but I can go to any reputed shop irrespective of location.

I drive to Hinjawadi, there is MRF and Bridgestone shops but are they worth, they seem to be relatively new setup. National tyres at Palaspe Phata, Panvel is the oldest and reputed where things would be sorted for sure, I need someone like that.
Dear varunswnt,

Normally, I get my WAWB done at the dealer only.

For my Honda City (now sold) when I had changed the tyres, I had got it done at the Bridgestone dealership on Baner Road.

I do what AutoIndian has said - i.e. keep checking once in a while by lifting my hands off the steering. All the cars that I have possessed till date have been Japs and I have faced negligible issues. So, maybe I am not the right person to guide you!

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2016, 13:06   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My front left tyre got a small sidewall cut which was sealed using tubeless puncture kit at Tyre Shop on Expressway after Khalapur Toll Booth.
Please change your tyre, it is too risky once you have side wall damage. No amount of sealing would help.
Latheesh is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 12:08   #111
BHPian

UPDATE:

I did a Pune - Mira Road (Mumbai) one way in the morning.

From my home in Aundh (5:45 am) to end of highway - 110.2 km FE 23.7 kmpl.
From my home in Aundh (5:45 am) to Mira Road (8:45 am) 167.0 km FE 22.7 kmpl!!

Even assuming that there could be a difference between this FE and the real Tankful-to-tankful method, this is far better than the ARAI tested 19 kmpl! I am happy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Please change your tyre, it is too risky once you have side wall damage. No amount of sealing would help.
I am sorry I forgot to mention - I changed the tyre immediately. I did not think the saving was worth the risk!
Thanks for the concern!

Regards,

Girish Mahajan

Last edited by manson : 22nd August 2016 at 17:44. Reason: Formatted post.
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 17:36   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
From my home in Aundh (5:45 am) to end of highway - 110.2 km FE 23.7 kmpl.
From my home in Aundh (5:45 am) to Mira Road (8:45 am) 167.0 km FE 22.7 kmpl!!
Wow! What is the fuel efficiency do you get when driving in the city?

Last edited by manson : 22nd August 2016 at 17:43. Reason: Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.
The Adventurer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 18:20   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Adventurer View Post
Wow! What is the fuel efficiency do you get when driving in the city?
Dear The Adventurer,
I drive about 25~50 km per week in city conditions. For this I get 10~15 kmpl.

Overall, I drive about 350~400 km per fortnight with an overall FE of 15~18 kmpl. This includes about 200~300 km good road conditions.

Girish Mahajan
Old 25th August 2016, 14:49   #114
BHPian

I have been asked many times regarding the reverse sensors which I have fitted.

After a long, long delay - finally I got around to taking pictures

This is what I see on the dashboard:
My 2015 Honda Jazz V CVT (Automatic)-20160823_181224.jpg

when the car is this much away from the tree in the office:
My 2015 Honda Jazz V CVT (Automatic)-20160823_181306-reduced.jpg

This is what I see when the car is parked at home. It is angular parking with the right side being closer to the wall
My 2015 Honda Jazz V CVT (Automatic)-20160823_182539.jpg

You can see the Jazz proudly proclaiming TBHP affiliation. (Note this photo was taken before the sensors were fitted)
My 2015 Honda Jazz V CVT (Automatic)-dsc00343.jpg

Note to self: to take latest photo with sensors!

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2016, 17:24   #115
BHPian

FE update:

My wife topped up the fuel tank on 21 Aug 2016 in Pune.

I drove to Mira Road, Mumbia. After a working week there, I came back on 26 Aug. On the way back, a few km before Pune, I tanked it up.

19.19 liters petrol with a total travel of 327 km. This boils down to average of 17.05 kmpl. The MID showed 17.9 kmpl. (Sometimes I think I should trust the MID more and the petrol pumps' volume reported less! )

For Rs 1280.56 expense, it boils down to Rs 3.916 /km! I am sure many diesels would get jealous!!

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
Old 29th August 2016, 14:48   #116
BHPian

One more FE update:
Drove down from Pune to Mira Road, Mumbai - early in the morning.
165 km, MID is showing ~22 kmpl

Note: at the 125 km mark it was showing 26 kmpl!!

And mind you - I had to face one traffic jam (~ 10 minutes wasted) and 3 toll booths! AND - oh yes - 4~5 spots where there were only potholes and no roads!

Some day, I expect I will get 25kmpl for full journey! Just thinking.....

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
Old 29th August 2016, 16:53   #117
BHPian

Girish
Are you so sedate in driving OR is there such a huge difference b/w 1.2 and 1.5 OR is it a combination of both ?

I never allow [pun intended] my City VX CVT to cross 13.5 KMPL in any long drive and reduced by another 1 KMPL post the tyre upgrade [175 to 195]. My highway speed would be around 110 - 130 KMPH consistently.

Inside the Bangalore city, its just rubbish to look for anything closer to 10 KMPL.
kaviprem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2016, 10:37   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Girish
Are you so sedate in driving OR is there such a huge difference b/w 1.2 and 1.5 OR is it a combination of both ?

I never allow [pun intended] my City VX CVT to cross 13.5 KMPL in any long drive and reduced by another 1 KMPL post the tyre upgrade [175 to 195]. My highway speed would be around 110 - 130 KMPH consistently.

Inside the Bangalore city, its just rubbish to look for anything closer to 10 KMPL.
Dear kaviprem,

Ha Ha Ha Ha.... you must have a masters degree in English!

My Honda City gave an overall average of about 15 kmpl and my Jazz is giving overall average of about 17 kmpl.
So, I guess, it is not OR it is AND. There is an effect of the smaller engine, I am a sedate driver AND the CVT keeps it in the sweet band.

For my Jazz,
Highways are 22~24 kmpl at 80~100 kmph
Pune and Mira Road/Mumbai city roads 6~12 kmpl
Overall 16~18 kmpl

Just as a reference, I filled petrol yesterday.
The total running since last filling was 352 km.
Petrol consumed 20.4 lt.
Total cost Rs 1431.90!
The MID showed 17.8 kmpl.
Actual FE 17.25 kmpl
Fuel cost Rs 4.07

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
Old 8th September 2016, 13:01   #119

Hi

I don't know if 'removing the key in neutral' query is resolved or not but I found a link explaining how to go about it https://www.hondacarindia.com/owners...046-15204.html
Hope it helps.

Best
aarcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 17:16   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarcher View Post
Hi

I don't know if 'removing the key in neutral' query is resolved or not but I found a link explaining how to go about it https://www.hondacarindia.com/owners...046-15204.html
Hope it helps.

Best
Dear aarcher,

Interesting!

The only thought that comes to mind is - this is apparently to be done only once in a while! It ends with "check with service center".

To me it looks like Honda does not have a solution for the person who wants to "leave the car in neutral".

Regards,

Girish Mahajan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks