Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2019, 21:21   #16
BHPian

Re: My Nissan Terrano 85 PS

Hello,

Here is an update on the 4 years of ownership of my Nissan Terrano XLD (Plus).

I have had a great experience with the SUV and Fortunately with service center as well, I never had to deal with anything other than normal servicing.

Recent enhancements:
1. 40,000 kms service done at Shahwar Nissan (Oct 2018)
2. New AMARON battery at 40k kms (Oct 2018)
3. New head unit with In-dash DVD Video Player + Rear view camera + bluetooth + GPS SAT Navigation (GPS maps not loaded as I use my mobile for maps)
4. Installed a dashboard camera
5. Chrome exhaust tip

I had been to my hometown recently, so got some time to do a short photoshoot the Terrano. Even after 4 years and 46+ k, the bodyline is maintained as it was in 2015 April.

It still feels new when it gets a good wash and black polish on dash and tyres. As it is completing 4 years company lease, I will be hunting for a new one soon and this time it will be an Automatic, thanks to Bangalore traffic.

Here are the pictures – exterior and interiors:

It is the same place and same month I took pictures in 2014

My Nissan Terrano 85 PS-img_e0159.jpg

My Nissan Terrano 85 PS-img_e0157.jpg

My Nissan Terrano 85 PS-img_e0161.jpg

My Nissan Terrano 85 PS-img_0171.jpg

My Nissan Terrano 85 PS-img_0176.jpg

My Nissan Terrano 85 PS-img_0172.jpg

My Nissan Terrano 85 PS-img_0175.jpg

My Nissan Terrano 85 PS-img_e0221.jpg

My Nissan Terrano 85 PS-img_e0195.jpg

My Nissan Terrano 85 PS-img_e0222.jpg

My Nissan Terrano 85 PS-img_0181.jpg

My Nissan Terrano 85 PS-img_0206.jpg

My Nissan Terrano 85 PS-img_e0169.jpg

My Nissan Terrano 85 PS-img_e0168.jpg

My Nissan Terrano 85 PS-img_0179.jpg

My Nissan Terrano 85 PS-img_0178.jpg

My Nissan Terrano 85 PS-img_e0166.jpg

My Nissan Terrano 85 PS-img_e0167.jpg

My Nissan Terrano 85 PS-img_e0226.jpg

My Nissan Terrano 85 PS-img_8435.jpg

It’s been a pleasure driving it especially on long drives, bad stretches (include Bangalore roads as well).
hummer is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2019, 08:16   #17
BHPian

Oh so you are selling it off, that's sad. I too faced the same dilemma and brought a grand i10at for city use. Didn't have the heart to exchange my terrano. All the best
terra85 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2019, 11:40   #18
BHPian

Dear Hummer,
Allow me to complement you on the way the Terrano has been maintained.

I just love seeing a beautifully maintained vehicle

She looks essentially brand new and will make a great pre-worshipped buy.

With no parts changed in more than 40,000 km it appears that reliability has been excellent too.

How would you classify the Terrano overall ?

It is sad that Nissan does not offer any vehicle within their stable for you to upgrade to.
Redline6800 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2019, 23:19   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by terra85 View Post
Oh so you are selling it off, that's sad. I too faced the same dilemma and brought a grand i10at for city use. Didn't have the heart to exchange my terrano. All the best
Yes, it is a big dilemma, I already bought a NANO AMT (for Wife), which I am using for the time being, still thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline6800 View Post
Dear Hummer,
Allow me to complement you on the way the Terrano has been maintained.

With no parts changed in more than 40,000 km it appears that reliability has been excellent too.

How would you classify the Terrano overall ?

It is sad that Nissan does not offer any vehicle within their stable for you to upgrade to.
Thank you Redline6800, it has been a wonderful experience since 2015, I have done many long drives but never had any trouble. Services were done because it had to be done, there was not parts replacement in last 4 years.
Terrano's USP is it's ride quality, space, safety, reliability, longevity of parts and premium compared to Duster

I would have bought another Nissan vehicle if there was a proper upgrade (+ AT).
hummer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2019, 23:27   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
Yes, it is a big dilemma, I already bought a NANO AMT (for Wife), which I am using for the time being,

I would have bought another Nissan vehicle if there was a proper upgrade (+ AT).
In your situation, your options would be I guess innova/ hexa as these are the only ones with an automatic. Ertiga in petrol automatic is another one.
Old 25th April 2019, 15:27   #21
BHPian

Quote:

Thank you Redline6800, it has been a wonderful experience since 2015, I have done many long drives but never had any trouble. Services were done because it had to be done, there was not parts replacement in last 4 years.
Terrano's USP is it's ride quality, space, safety, reliability, longevity of parts and premium compared to Duster

Yes, fully agree. People who have shunned the Terrano because of the brand were as much the losers as Nissan!.

The Terrano is available in AMT (110 PS) !.
Old 5th May 2019, 20:48   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by terra85 View Post
In your situation, your options would be I guess innova/ hexa as these are the only ones with an automatic. Ertiga in petrol automatic is another one.
Upgrade for me is not necessarily a bigger vehicle, having NANO for daily chores, Terrano is just about the right size. I need a more sophisticated and safe vehicle from a decent manufacturer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
Yes, fully agree. People who have shunned the Terrano because of the brand were as much the losers as Nissan!.

The Terrano is available in AMT (110 PS) !.
Agree, I heard Terrano manufacturing is stopped (or going to be stopped)

I had been to Singapore last week, it's full of Toyotas and Hondas. I liked Honda HR-V (Vessel), too many of them there. Good size, coupe-ish, modern looking and its from Honda.
My Nissan Terrano 85 PS-img_0357.jpg
I heard some news about it's launch in India, so I am hopeful.
Old 15th June 2019, 13:07   #23
BHPian

Hi Terra85

Been following you ownership review as a guest (as i own one too, the 110ps version). Great job maintaining it and updating the thread. Sad that you have to part with the beast.

OT: would you have to change your team-bhp handle then? Just kidding of course.

Good luck with your hunt for next vehicle.
SideView is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2019, 14:36   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post

Hi Terra85

Hi Hummer

Ignore my username typo in the first post.

Mods please edit user handle error and the joke (which fell flat looking at the typo)

Was not able to do it myself since it went to moderation.

Old 15th June 2019, 17:06   #25

Hi Hummer,
Excellent ownership review and follow ups at different intervals. Enjoyed reading your experience.
I bought XVD 110 PS varient in 2015 August. Just about to complete 4 years with my beauty.

My experience with it has been a mixed bag. It was fun driving it, no problem at all, except of few minor things which I will elaborate, but the worst experience I had was with the Authorised service stations. I live in Gurgaon, and the Authorised Service stations are Not reliable at all. I pity those who leave their cars with them for service.

Anyways, apart from that there were couple of glitches, first, the seat belt used to get stuck everytime I pulled it to fasten. Got that replaced for 1800/- bucks.

Stock media infotainment system started acting weird since Dec last year, it switches ON itself, and sometimes while playing FM it suddenly goes to " Loading CD" mode, looks like it has got brains of its own. Apart from that all is fine, voice quality is superb.

The electronic fault light / diesel preheat warning ( coil symbol) came couple of times while I was driving on highway, I showed it to the service centre every time, but they could not find any error. The car never showed any difference in operation or handling either.

And finally, auth service stations were unable to give it a proper wheel alignment. Everytime they did it, the car would pull to the left. They dismiss the case saying this problem is there with all Indian SUVs, blaming it on Indian roads and rough handling.
But somehow I always got it rectified at my other trustworthy wheel alignment centre from where I got my Continental's cross contact AT as well ( thanks to Tanveer @ tsk1979 for that choice of shoes)
Apart from these few glitches, I never experienced any major issue with the car in these four years of driving pleasure.

I have driven it for 4 years approximately 40,000 KM's, and every time I am in the driver's seat, it is a bliss (Have never experienced the comfort from the passenger seat). Did many long journeys from Delhi to Punjab, Himachal, Leh, Srinagar and it took me everywhere without any hassle. Really reliable when it comes to Engine, Transmission and suspension. Being a front wheel drive I was little apprehensive about taking it to Leh via Manali route, but the ground clearance helped me go through the rough patches easily.
Driving in the city took some time getting used to, since it was my first diesel car, and the gear change from 1st to 2nd and downshift from 3rd to 2nd had to be done quite early. Got used to it in few days. Even the pick up is good once you touch 1500 rpm, pretty good for a diesel engine.

I have no plans to sell my car any time soon. Having found my way around, I take my car to a local garage for service and install Original Nissan/Renault parts procured online or through the service centre. No more frustrating time spent at service centres and it is way cheaper as well.
Planning to change my infotainment system too. and along with it might get a steering wheel mount controls as well. If anyone has any experience using it, please advise.

I am thinking of putting on some nice leather seats, but the work Hummer has done on his car seats is hard to find. (You got it done on the doors as well, that was superb)

So, in the end I would say I am a happy Nissan Customer even though the service centres tired their best to spoil it for me.
ripy002 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2019, 13:53   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
Hi Terra85

Been following you ownership review as a guest (as i own one too, the 110ps version). Great job maintaining it and updating the thread. Sad that you have to part with the beast.

Thank you SideView, I have to go for another one as my company car lease scheme is very tempting, I doubt to get a suitable and better replacement.

I just have to change my Team-BHP Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripy002 View Post
Hi Hummer,
Excellent ownership review and follow ups at different intervals. Enjoyed reading your experience.
I bought XVD 110 PS varient in 2015 August. Just about to complete 4 years with my beauty.
So, in the end I would say I am a happy Nissan Customer even though the service centres tired their best to spoil it for me.
Thanks a lot ripy002, sorry to hear about your minor hiccups, those can be ignored considering what Terrano offers.

I am yet to meet a dissatisfied Terrano customer. Generally I hear all cries from those who don't own Nissan cars.

Yes, service station experience could be an issues at some instances, however, we don't buy cars looking at service stations behaviour or resale value. We possess for the love of cars, so minor irritations can be absorbed

Enjoy your 110PS for more years and drive safe.
hummer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 20:14   #27
BHPian

Dear Friends,

With a heavy heart, I had to let go of my Nissan Terrano on 29th Sep morning. It served flawlessly for ~4.5 years since day 1 till the last day. I had nothing to complain.

Good thing is it is handed over to a car lover. After a long drive to his home through NICE road & some bad stretches, he acknowledged ride quality, appreciated the maintenance of the car, for me that was the biggest price

I wish him happy and safe driving!!

Couple of pics before handing over:
My Nissan Terrano 85 PS-img_e1215.jpg

My Nissan Terrano 85 PS-img_e1217.jpg
hummer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 20:25   #28
Senior - BHPian

Mine is showing its age now but I have no internt to let it go. Though she is not driven much anymore but recently got her new tyres. Got the wiper blades, front bearings replaced.
Attached Thumbnails
My Nissan Terrano 85 PS-20191001_201932.jpg  

BANDHAV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2020, 17:33   #29
BHPian

Hello,
I switched from a Nissan Terrano MT to Renault Duster AMT.

Here is my ownership review: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...uster-amt.html
hummer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 08:54   #30

Quote:
Hello,
I switched from a Nissan Terrano MT to Renault Duster AMT.

Here is my ownership review: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...uster-amt.html
Hey Hummer!!

Congratulations on the new Duster! I am a bit late, but better late than never.
Loved the rusty color , and good job with the Nissan alloys, I think you still got Nissan somewhere there in your heart.

Let us know how's it going with your new ride.
ripy002 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks