Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2016, 17:25   #16
BHPian

re: My 2015 Ford Aspire 1.2L Petrol Ambiente. EDIT: 20,000 km completed

Excellent review.
I also have the same request for posting a bit more details about the Dashcam + Reverse Camera along with wider IRVM.
SVK Rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2016, 19:03   #17
BHPian

Lovely review! Can you please tell us more about that Dashcam + reverse camera on your IRVM. Is it electrochromic? Does the Dashcam record to a MicroSD card? How is the quality of the DVR and the screen? How did you install it? Can you please share the Aliexpress link too, if possible.

Sorry for the multitude of questions but it looks rather cool with no edges.
Kingston is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2016, 00:33   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
Another accessory you might want to add is the front driver's armrest. It is a generic one but it is a near perfect fit on the Figo/Aspire.
Thanks Sandesh.

The Armrest is on top of my list. I have the universal armrest in my Alto, but that will block the bottle holders in the Aspire. I'm planning a work around for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Hopefully Ford update their Figo twins with Touchscreen, armrest, etc to get them up to the competition.
The sooner the better, but I have a feeling that Ford might just give up on the Aspire if that does not work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonov007 View Post
Time to add the JCB to the wishlist for your 3rd ‘car’.
He's already got a couple of JCBs now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyToDrive View Post
Can you please post more details about the Dashcam + Reverse Camera
The installation and camera pics.
I am really interested in getting them for my Aspire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVK Rider View Post
I also have the same request for posting a bit more details about the Dashcam + Reverse Camera along with wider IRVM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingston View Post
Lovely review! Can you please tell us more about that Dashcam + reverse camera on your IRVM. Is it electrochromic? Does the Dashcam record to a MicroSD card? How is the quality of the DVR and the screen? How did you install it? Can you please share the Aliexpress link too, if possible.
Here you go boys

Newest Night Vision Car Camera Dvr Blue Review Mirror Digital Video Recorder Auto Registrator Camcorder Dash Cam Full HD 1080P
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/32665...665516942.html

I will write a detailed review later, but here's some short feedback:

- Video quality is not great - just good. Enough for day time recording. And night shots are managable.

- Max 32gb sd card. Buy that from India

- Recording is in avi format, not mp4

Sam
samaspire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th December 2016, 00:50   #19
BHPian

Thanks a ton! Would greatly appreciate an review. Can we swap the rear view camera with a better one of our choice? How good is the resolution of the dashcam? Says 1080p but are number plates clear?
Kingston is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2016, 01:07   #20
BHPian

Awesome review ! What i liked most is the detailed comparison of ambiente trim with the top of the line one. Almost all car reviews are done on top
trim cars, while majority of sales may be of lower trim. These reviews will greatly help those people who wants to know how the car will look without the fancy bits and meaningful & necessary updates which needs to be done on a bare bone car.
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2016, 07:10   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
What i liked most is the detailed comparison of ambiente trim with the top of the line one.

The comparison is with the next available variant - Trend, not the top of the line one. There are 2 more variants above it, but yes, visually there is not much of a diference between the next 3 variants.
Old 7th December 2016, 16:58   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Thanks Sandesh.

The Armrest is on top of my list. I have the universal armrest in my Alto, but that will block the bottle holders in the Aspire. I'm planning a work around for that.
Can you confirm how much did the workshop charge you for painting the HU panel to black and how is the paint finish?

I am thinking of either replacing the silver HU panel in my Figo with the black piano finished one from the Aspire Titanium+ or have it painted black. You know how disappointed I was with the work they did on a repaint job in my Figo.
skanchan95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2016, 18:35   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
Can you confirm how much did the workshop charge you for painting the HU panel to black and how is the paint finish?

I am thinking of either replacing the silver HU panel in my Figo with the black piano finished one from the Aspire Titanium+ or have it painted black. You know how disappointed I was with the work they did on a repaint job in my Figo.
Mine was painted when the car was in the body shop after the accident. I was not charged separately for it.

But its better you get it painted with your guy - I have realised that they have done a really bad paint job on my car.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2016, 09:17   #24
BHPian

Thanks for sharing a really insightful review

I can relate to your delivery experience on Nov 1, 2015 as I was having the same experience at Sri Sri Sri Ford, Warangal, Telangana, taking delivery of my Figo on that Sunday (even I had travelled a long distance to take delivery of the car!!)
espraveen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2016, 10:52   #25

Excellent review @samaspire. I really appreaciate the attention to details. The review shows how much you love your car.

One of my friends is looking to replace his Alto with Aspire/Figo. There are a lot of reviews about Aspire/Figo diesels comapred to petrol ones. I asked him to take a look at your review. Hopefully this review will help him.
Identity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2016, 16:09   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Samaspire, Congrats! And, sorry for delay in replying here as I was little too busy in the superbikes thread and missed this thread completely

I did follow this thread to some extent in AL and was stunned by the details that you have put in. I could see that you are a man of detail and it clearly shows in this wonderful ownership thread

Subscribed to it for updates and look forward to see you share more as you enjoy driving this lovely car

Congrats again
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 22:57   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Samaspire, Congrats!

Subscribed to it for updates and look forward to see you share more as you enjoy driving this lovely car.
Means a lot coming from an official reviewer.Thank you.

So I'm currently working on the driver armrest. Here's the first prototype. Pardon the kitchen in the background but I needed a gas stove for moulding the thermacol.

My 2015 Ford Aspire 1.2L Petrol Ambiente. EDIT: 20,000 km completed-20161209_232210.jpg
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 19:49   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Chapter 8: Living with the Aspire

I have just completed a year with my Aspire and what an memorable year it has been. I'm more in the love with it than ever before. Every time I park the car and go, I automatically turn around and give it another admiring glance. It makes me invent reasons to go for that long drive. My wife says I'm more interested in the car than I'm in her.

@ Samarth
Good to know that you are enjoying Aspire and also working on to customize further based on your requirements. I have read almost all of your post starting from search till you got your car back from Workshop after unfortunate accident. But was very glad to know that you all were safe in that accident as car took all the brunt and saved occupants. My plans for Aspire Diesel T+ were dropped at the final moment as Dealer goofed up on Manufacturing month & Delivery Date. I really felt bad for missing the car as it was a perfect package for my requirements. But seems GOD had different planning for me and I brought my Fluidic Verna SX -CRDi from hometown and enjoying long drives now after installing Rogerabs. But still whenever I see Aspire on road, I feel happy.
For Handrest, I would recommend to check on Aliexpress for suitable fit. You may have to tweak somewhat, but the end result and comfort would be good.
aeroamit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2016, 09:13   #29
Senior - BHPian

Hi Samarth, this is one of the best reviews I have read on the forum. I agree with your selection criteria, all fancy stuffs can be added to the vehicle and priority should be for a good VFM car. I really liked the way you have used Vinyl sheets and the DIY mats you have made for the interiors. Tachometer can be added to your variant else you can make a customized display with an android app.

Last edited by deehunk : 21st December 2016 at 09:42.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2016, 10:06   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroamit View Post
But seems GOD had different planning for me and I brought my Fluidic Verna SX -CRDi from hometown and enjoying long drives now after installing Rogerabs. But still whenever I see Aspire on road, I feel happy.

For Handrest, I would recommend to check on Aliexpress for suitable fit. You may have to tweak somewhat, but the end result and comfort would be good.
The Verna is one of the best looking cars in the market. I have driven a 2014 model, and the only drawback I felt it had was the super light steering.
Otherwise it's the perfect buy.

Have the rogerabs improved ride quality, or just increased the ground clearance?

The image is just of the armrest base. I'm still exploring my options on the actual armrest. Will decide once I get the base back from the carpenter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Hi Samarth, this is one of the best reviews I have read on the forum.

Tachometer can be added to your variant else you can make a customized display with an android app.
Thank you.

Do you mean that the OEM Tachometer can be added? If yes, then how / where?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks