Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2016, 11:14   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: My 2015 Ford Aspire 1.2L Petrol Ambiente. EDIT: 20,000 km completed

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Do you mean that the OEM Tachometer can be added? If yes, then how / where?
I see from your post that the Tacho part of the Speedo console is left blank, Ford has started counter sales of spares now, check if you can get a Speedo console of Trend variant. Then it will be a straight fit job. Check this useful link on Ford Spare parts price list
http://www.mycarhelpline.com/index.p...1202&Itemid=10

Check the DIY threads shared below for adding the other features

Boot Lamp (Possible if boot lid is included in central locking)
Rear Power Windows (TORQ brand only) - Switches can be placed on the door handle panel - I did this in my Spark 6 years back
Electrically adjustable ORVMs, if you can source the ORVM's and power mirror switch - I tried this on my Duster recently.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...swift-ldi.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...s-tacho-2.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...s-fitment.html

Last edited by deehunk : 21st December 2016 at 11:42.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2016, 11:46   #32
BHPian

Quote:

Do you mean that the OEM Tachometer can be added? If yes, then how / where?
Dear Sir,

AFAIK, you can retrofit the instrument console of a trend variant checking whether the stock wiring harness which is fitted to the current instrument panel setup has the provision which gives a pulse signal to the tachometer of the new instrument panel which is to be retrofitted.

If not, you will have to pull a wire from ECM, Power steering module or CKP sensor and manually connect it to the socket of the new instrument panel which will provide signal for the tachometer.

Moreover, the new instrument panel will be to re-coded with the immobilizer codes present in the current setup.

IIRC, the cost of new instrument panel along with coding with be no less than INR 10,000/-.

If you don't want to change an entire setup, there are plenty of tachometers available which can fitted to your dashboard. Sharing the link below.

http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/Tacho...telink=LeftNav

( Disclaimer:- I have no relations with glow-shift gauges, i am just sharing the link on the basis of my past experiences.)

Hope it helps.

Regards
Car's Paradise
Car's Paradise is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2016, 18:51   #33
BHPian

Quote:
The Verna is one of the best looking cars in the market. I have driven a 2014 model, and the only drawback I felt it had was the super light steering.
Otherwise it's the perfect buy.

Have the rogerabs improved ride quality, or just increased the ground clearance?

The image is just of the armrest base. I'm still exploring my options on the actual armrest. Will decide once I get the base back from the carpenter.
@ Samarth
I added Rogerabs in May 2016 and after that drove for more than 6K Kms and find the ride quality as well as stability much better on highways. Last December I did BLR - MUM - BLR trip with my parents at the back seat, it was without Rogerabs and the bounciness was there on AH47 Stretch where undulations were there. After adding Rogerabs, there is serious change in Highway driving stability of Verna if driven in sane speeds. It has assisted in Steering feedback as compared to Stock. Regarding ground clearance increment it has done wonders and from last May only had two occurrence for scrapping when it was fully loaded and I crossed at more than expected speed. Just finished 2500 Kms trip last Sunday covering BLR > Pune> Bheemashakar > Triambakeshwar > Shirdi > Shani Shiganapur > Mahabaleshwar > BLR and enjoyed the drive every bit.
aeroamit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2017, 09:57   #34
Senior - BHPian

Long time since I updated this thread but have been working on a few DIYs.

Here's a preview :

My 2015 Ford Aspire 1.2L Petrol Ambiente. EDIT: 20,000 km completed-20170226_190437.jpg

My 2015 Ford Aspire 1.2L Petrol Ambiente. EDIT: 20,000 km completed-20170301_214558.jpg

My 2015 Ford Aspire 1.2L Petrol Ambiente. EDIT: 20,000 km completed-20170301_214550.jpg

My 2015 Ford Aspire 1.2L Petrol Ambiente. EDIT: 20,000 km completed-20170225_092848.jpg

Attachment 1615295

My 2015 Ford Aspire 1.2L Petrol Ambiente. EDIT: 20,000 km completed-20170129_121328.jpg

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 4th March 2017 at 10:40.
samaspire is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 14:00   #35
Senior - BHPian

Here's a list of the DIYs in progress:
- Charging point in centre console (for rear passengers): DONE
- Puddle lamps for the 4 doors
- front armrest
- ambiente lighting: DONE
- additional Door beading for rear doors
- glovebox lighting
- automatic boot light
- Tab for the ICE
-
samaspire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 16:55   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

-
Wow that's quite a list! I am interested in the above. Does the rear door not have a beading at all? How about the front ones then? Is it required to be done here too?

Got a Figo TDCi Titanium recently (A week ago). Hence the barrage of queries.
abhinav.s is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 17:15   #37
BHPian

Awesome! Can you create individual threads for these in the DIY - Do it yourself sub-forum as you go along?

Quote:
- front armrest
- glovebox lighting
- automatic boot light
- Tab for the ICE
I'm particularly interested in the puddle-lamps and the additional door beading.
jetti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2017, 15:18   #38
BHPian

Hello Sam,

I am continuing the discussion of that "tyre change" from official review thread.

Have you changed your (I mean the Aspire's) tyre ? If you have, can you please point me the post in which you have shared the information (if you have posted) like brand, size, price and if any mileage / suspension issue ?

Ford seems to be suggesting to avoid the change from stock (tyre) to preserve warranty and in my case, I am paying for the 5th year extended right on the purchase date.

By the way, My Aspire (when I did PDI, I saw) seems to be coming with Ford Battery.

Ford makes their own battery ?
NaXal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 15:16   #39
BHPian

Quote:
- front armrest
- glovebox lighting
- automatic boot light
- Tab for the ICE
-
This seems to be long list
Can you please share the DIY of Ambient Lighting
Would be interested in Puddle lamps and Tab for ICE
Awaiting more updates on the DIY's
CrazyToDrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 21:17   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
Hello Sam,

Have you changed your (I mean the Aspire's) tyre ?

Ford seems to be suggesting to avoid the change from stock (tyre) to preserve warranty and in my case, I am paying for the 5th year extended right on the purchase date.

By the way, My Aspire (when I did PDI, I saw) seems to be coming with Ford Battery.

Ford makes their own battery ?
I wasn't educated enough when I bought the car, to change my tyres on delivery, and I realised its importance during my accident. As long as you stick to Ford tyre specifications, they cannot deny warranty. Also, I have read that Ford themselves are selling tyres from the showroom - please inquire with your dealer.

Most car parts are sourced from OEM vendors - the battery must be the same.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 23:41   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire
As long as you stick to Ford tyre specifications, they cannot deny warranty. Also, I have read that Ford themselves are selling tyres from the showroom - please inquire with your dealer.
I shall check, but I guess with every passing day/kms after delivery I will lose out on exchange value of the stock tyre.

And this week would be some tough one ahead to manage this extra time needed to roam the tyre stores for offers before I take delivery!

But I shall still try to check, those tyres mentioned in many threads in my size, if I can manage a good offer.

By the way, that spare wheel, since it doesn't have alloy, wont be having any play in rotation, so would it be a major issue to keep that stock Apollo (in case I run out of budget) for using only in those emergency ?

Quote:
I realised its importance during my accident.
I saw those pictures of repair work in progress, and while reading, I felt very sorry and sad :(
Old 29th March 2017, 03:37   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
By the way, that spare wheel, since it doesn't have alloy, wont be having any play in rotation, so would it be a major issue to keep that stock Apollo (in case I run out of budget) for using only in those emergency ?
For convenience sake, you have 2 options for upsizing the tyres. The first is to stick to the stock alloy size of 14 inches and go for a wider tyre size. If you choose this option you have to go for 185/60-R14 tyres. You have the option of Michelin, Continental, Yokohama in this size. Either of them and you cannot go wrong. The other option is to change your alloys to after market 15 inch alloys. You would then have to choose 195/55-R15 tyres. Continental MC5 is the only "Comfort Oriented" tyre while you also get Hankook & Yoko S-Drives in this size. But these 2 are outright performance tyres and would not be as silent as the Conti MC5. The 15 inch wheels and the tyre size I have mentioned above is the stock OEM size that is present on the Ford Figo/Aspire Sedan in Europe and UK. Also fellow member Karan has been using this size on his Figo without any issues. I too have changed to 195/55-R15 right out of the showroom.

Also you can just stick to 4 tyres and retain the spare tyre as it is. In case of a puncture you can still use the 4th tyre for short to medium distances without any issues. Hope this helps.
abhinav.s is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 00:16   #43
BHPian

@abhinav.s

Thanks for the post, however, I doubt if I would be able to up size since my 5 year warranty may become invalid. Leaving me only with the stock size option to play with (that too if I can get those tyres in my desired size and along with good exchange value for my stock rubber).

@Sam

Referring to this post of your, and subsequent discussion that followed to find (or guess) the cause of the accident, what is your final take?

I mean, what made you lose control, is it hard breaking thus locking wheels, or something else ?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...228_012230.jpg

Secondly, like you, I am also very curious as what made that front wheel come of the rim ? What is the final call of your for most likely cause for that ?

Thanks a lot for the drawing of yours. I can relate my self with a very similar situation.

It was in an expressway and I was at 90+ speed at dusk. Car was Lancer 1.5 Petrol with stock size MRF rubber. A K9 came to check another fellow dead (sadly) K9 (crushed). I had swing the car very instinctively but violently, just couldn't slam the brake or go with hitting the dog. My hands automatically turned the wheels, no thought came into the mind.

But fortunately for me, somehow the car didn't spin out and held its ground.
NaXal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 08:44   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...what is your final take?

I mean, what made you lose control, is it hard breaking thus locking wheels, or something else ?

Secondly, like you, I am also very curious as what made that front wheel come of the rim ?

Thanks a lot for the drawing of yours. I can relate my self with a very similar situation.
Not everything is clear, but I most probably braked late, after swerving right, while swerving left. By that time the wheels were off road in dry mud and grass, and the tyres did not grip at all. Maybe I'm expecting too much from the tyres.

The front tyres came off the rim because the car was dragging with the front wheels at a right angle to the direction of movement.

The accident is a very special case. The major issue that I felt with the tyres is that they don't give me confidence to do high speeds on the expressway. Cruising above 110 gave me a floaty feeling and THAT is not safe.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 10:22   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire
The front tyres came off the rim because the car was dragging with the front wheels at a right angle to the direction of movement.
Scary.

The situation is like drifting (judging from the sketch of yours), and this shouldn't be happening while drifting.

I guess, either ford never drifted the car to check, thus RIM+Tyre combo, either of them is having some design defect or may be this particular RIM or tyre is to be blamed for passing the respective manufacturer QC?

But side way sliding (drifting) at 60 kmph shouldn't be making tyre coming of the RIM or should it ?

On hypothetical term, if there was no poll, you simply would have span out with this tyre out of RIM. (Since that side had no impact from either of the polls)

Quote:
Maybe I'm expecting too much from the tyres.
I beg to differ a little. OK, being Indian spec, grip levels may be on lower side but is it expecting too much from the tyre to stay within RIM while spinning out or drifting (side ways) at 60 kmph ?

P.S. Being new member, kindly do rectify/inform me if my questions are not in right place or if they are getting too much personal (emotional for reminding about the accident)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks