Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2018, 00:42   #61
BANNED

Re: My 2015 Ford Aspire 1.2L Petrol Ambiente. EDIT: 20,000 km completed

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Attachment 1735297

First thing is - this is how it will look if you remove the 4 chrome strips. So you might have to either paint or plastidip the strips and the surround also, in your case.

But to do that, you have remove the entire bumper because all the clips are accessible only from the inside. I went to an independent garage to do it for me last time and he charged me 200 bucks each time. This time I'm planning to do it myself - let's see.

Attachment 1735296

These are components of the grill (leaving out the 2 pieces on either side). I had mine painted black + maroon.

Attachment 1735329
Attachment 1735330

Can you please share the wiring of the DRL (Eagle eye LEDs) installed on the grills?
Can you also share some detailed wiring diagrams and pictures of the additional 12v socket installed in your car and other electrical stuff?
I too own a Ford Aspire and I am looking for many such small modifications in my car.
It will be a great help.

Thanks
oil_burner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2018, 23:56   #62
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil_burner View Post
Can you also share some detailed wiring diagrams and pictures of the additional 12v socket installed in your car and other electrical stuff?

Thanks
I too will be interested in a post like this where you explain all the wiring diagrams and the exact procedure for doing those DIYs.
I request you to kindly explain this in a detailed post. Hope to see it soon.
TDCIfever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2018, 23:06   #63
BANNED

I was following this thread for a long time and I must say that your experiences with the car gave me great confidence to get the car for myself too. I have an Aspire Titanium TDCi. It is been long time since you gave any update on your car. How is the American beauty performing?
_nitink_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 21:40   #64

Hello Samaspire

I recently purchased a pre-owned petrol aspire. Your ownership thread helped me get an idea of the car. How is your car doing?
Synergy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2023, 09:38   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy View Post
Hello Samaspire

I recently purchased a pre-owned petrol aspire. Your ownership thread helped me get an idea of the car. How is your car doing?
Hi. I sold my car in March 2023 while upgrading to a Kia Carens. It was still in perfect condition when selling. Just crossed 50,000 km. Had to let it go with a heavy heart as I wouldn't be able to keep 3 cars at home. Hopefully, it has gone to someone who will take care of it and enjoy it like I did.

I will be sharing a detailed post soon.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 13:26   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Hi. I sold my car in March 2023 while upgrading to a Kia Carens. It was still in perfect condition when selling. Just crossed 50,000 km. Had to let it go with a heavy heart as I wouldn't be able to keep 3 cars at home. Hopefully, it has gone to someone who will take care of it and enjoy it like I did.

I will be sharing a detailed post soon.
Awaiting your post. Can you tell what mileage the car was giving in city runs? I get around 10kmpl in city traffic in Kolkata with AC on. Felt this was too low.
Also, did you ever face any problems of having petrol smell in the cabin? I face this problem intermittently.
Old 11th August 2023, 10:13   #67
Senior - BHPian

10 kmpl sounds about correct for City traffic. It should give you about 16-18 on Highway runs with steady driving. By that i don't mean slow driving. You can maintain 100 and get that milege as long as you keep it steady; get upto speed fast and keep it there.

Regarding the petrol smell - it happens usually when you fill up full tank and lasts for a day. Ensure that you do not fill beyond the cutoff point of the fuel filling machine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks