Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2015, 18:42   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

My Video Review: 2015 Fiat Abarth Punto!

Hello all,

I had the Abarth Punto over the weekend & had the opportunity to video review it;

The video starts off with a 'Build up'

My Video Review: 2015 Fiat Abarth Punto!-1.jpg

An in depth review on Engine Performance & Driving Dynamics to help firm up your buy decision;

My Video Review: 2015 Fiat Abarth Punto!-2.jpg

Classroom session: S.W.O.T Analysis;

My Video Review: 2015 Fiat Abarth Punto!-swot.jpg

Hope you guys like it

Last edited by karan561 : 10th December 2015 at 18:46.
karan561 is offline   (92) Thanks
Old 10th December 2015, 19:19   #2
BHPian

re: My Video Review: 2015 Fiat Abarth Punto!

Cool video, thanks for uploading.

Thoughts on the Figo (with a ~120BHP remap, giving it the same power to weight ratio) vs the Abarth?
d3mon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2015, 19:24   #3
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 11th December 2015 at 13:02.
The Dude is offline   Received Infraction
Old 10th December 2015, 20:27   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post

Hello all,

I had the Abarth Punto over the weekend & had the opportunity to video review it;
Woah Karan you seem to be getting better with each shoot bro and kudos to your efforts

Your '2015 Figo TDCI' review is still so fresh in my mind and the first thing that splashed is:

Which hot hatch did you consider a drag with for Abarth EVO in this video

But then again, Simply put, there is no other hatch that can even come close to the Abarth EVO as on date

I know this would be on cards for you, but in case you ever "Remap" you Figo, I for one would love to see a video of the acceleration comparison b/w that and the Scorpion !!
Vik0728 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2015, 23:19   #5
Senior - BHPian

Simply awesome. That's one hell of a video review and the opening scene creativity, hats off. Your Figo video review really set the ball rolling. Team-BHP definitely needs video reviews to supplement text & pictures.

Video reviews are any day more involving and preferable than text.

Punto Abarth biggest problem is its gearbox where the Germans score. GT TSi still be a better choice considering you can potter around in city with AT and blast the highways with lightning quick DSG.

Keep it coming Karan.

You can have a look at following YouTube channel for some pointers for great video reviews.

Shmee150.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2015, 23:46   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
Cool video, thanks for uploading.

Thoughts on the Figo (with a ~120BHP remap, giving it the same power to weight ratio) vs the Abarth?
Thanks, Well thats an interesting point there. Definitely after a remap the Figo will be as powerful in the straight line as the Abarth Punto but its dynamics (specially the Steering, suspension) are not as good as the Abarths to handle so much power in a corner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Woah Karan you seem to be getting better with each shoot bro and kudos to your efforts

Your '2015 Figo TDCI' review is still so fresh in my mind and the first thing that splashed is:

Which hot hatch did you consider a drag with for Abarth EVO in this video

But then again, Simply put, there is no other hatch that can even come close to the Abarth EVO as on date

I know this would be on cards for you, but in case you ever "Remap" you Figo, I for one would love to see a video of the acceleration comparison b/w that and the Scorpion !!

Thanks Vik,

Well currently no remap on my mind for Figo, but surely after a remap the things will get interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Simply awesome. That's one hell of a video review and the opening scene creativity, hats off. Your Figo video review really set the ball rolling. Team-BHP definitely needs video reviews to supplement text & pictures.

Video reviews are any day more involving and preferable than text.

Punto Abarth biggest problem is its gearbox where the Germans score. GT TSi still be a better choice considering you can potter around in city with AT and blast the highways with lightning quick DSG.

Keep it coming Karan.

You can have a look at following YouTube channel for some pointers for great video reviews.

Shmee150.
Thanks for your positive comments.

Well yes shmee150 is one helluva guy & truly living the super car dream

Last edited by GTO : 11th December 2015 at 13:02. Reason: Quoted post deleted
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2015, 23:58   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Hello all,

Lovely review Karan! Much better than the lame ones on YouTube.

I'm surprised you didn't mention anything about those superb brakes though! That should've been under S in the SWOT analysis :P
Suraj25 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 00:36   #8
BHPian

Excellent video review @karan561, I have also seen your new Figo TDCI video review and believe me, your reviews are just getting better and better with each one flowing in on Team-BHP.

I also give to your younger bro who helps you doing all the edits as I can understand how hard it is to shoot and compile everything at the end. Keep up the great work.

I liked your SWOT analysis as this is a new yet most important concept for decision making process!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj25 View Post

I'm surprised you didn't mention anything about those superb brakes though! That should've been under S in the SWOT analysis :P
Good catch there! Yet this video review sets a good standard. Every review I have read about the Punto Abarth, there is a special mention of the brakes. They have been specifically tuned with all 4 discs setup to handle the additional speed and rush that a regular Punto brakes won't be able to do.

Last edited by Aditya : 12th December 2015 at 07:48. Reason: Quote not necessary
Venku2015 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 00:57   #9
Senior - BHPian

Another day, another great video review. Awesome job Karan I like your entries - very dramatic. IIRC even your Scala ownership review started off in a similar way.

I'm glad that yours and the Team-BHP Official Review echoed the same thoughts . For someone who doesn't want to read a 4,000+ word review, this is what they should be watching.

Now the important question - is this car making it to your driveway anytime soon? Oh, and you didn't mention anything about the decals. What's your opinion on that?
S2!!! is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 02:38   #10
BHPian

Nice review. Did you find any issues with ground clearance during your drive?
echo77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 08:17   #11
Senior - BHPian

Extremely fantastic review Karan. I felt like I was watching an auto channel but with a Fiat fan compering. Nice detailed thoughts on the Abarth, I guess it must be the first Fiat on the BHP forum having a video test drive. The SWOT analysis were to the mark and I hope Fiat really looks into the WO part in depth.

Why did you at times sound so meek in the video like someone holding a gun at your head and making you say those words.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 09:43   #12
BHPian

Brilliantly made review, Karan! Made my day.

Also, how about a few shots with the camera looking over your shoulder through the windscreen? That would put us in the driving seat as well!

You sound much better in-car than the voice over. Editing issue, I guess.
amitg79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 12:03   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj25 View Post

Thanks Suraj,

Well, yes a fair point you've made, the brakes are indeed the Abarths strength.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venku2015 View Post
Excellent video review @karan561, I have also seen your new Figo TDCI video review and believe me, your reviews are just getting better and better with each one flowing in on Team-BHP.

I also give to your younger bro who helps you doing all the edits as I can understand how hard it is to shoot and compile everything at the end. Keep up the great work.

I liked your SWOT analysis as this is a new yet most important concept for decision making process!

Good catch there! Yet this video review sets a good standard. Every review I have read about the Punto Abarth, there is a special mention of the brakes. They have been specifically tuned with all 4 discs setup to handle the additional speed and rush that a regular Punto brakes won't be able to do.
Hey Venku,

Thanks for your inspiring comments.

Well i have spoken about the brakes in the video @ "4:17" onwards.

Though the brakes are the Abarths strength it somehow skipped me mentioning in the SWOT analysis probably because i thought the brakes cannot be a selling point for a car. But yes you are corrent it needed a mention in the SWOT as a strength.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Another day, another great video review. Awesome job Karan I like your entries - very dramatic. IIRC even your Scala ownership review started off in a similar way.

I'm glad that yours and the Team-BHP Official Review echoed the same thoughts . For someone who doesn't want to read a 4,000+ word review, this is what they should be watching.

Now the important question - is this car making it to your driveway anytime soon? Oh, and you didn't mention anything about the decals. What's your opinion on that?
Thanks S2, well your official review was so much in detail that it simplified things for me

The scala thread had a build up indeed but that was a different concept.

Personally i liked the decal job, the only thing on the exterior which i did not like were the chrome door handles.

I wish i could buy this car, but have a few cars which need to be replaced i.e. Scala, Fortuner in 2016 & BMW by 2017 & more importantly just added a hot diesel hatch (Figo 1.5D) so buying another HOT-ter hatch was not required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo77 View Post
Nice review. Did you find any issues with ground clearance during your drive?
Hey Echo, Thanks !

Well no issues on the Ground Clearance front. Comparing my BMW which has a GC of 140 mm also doesnt scrape the belly over speed bumps (though with 4+ pax & luggage i be extra careful) so @ 155 mm i was not worried at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Extremely fantastic review Karan. I felt like I was watching an auto channel but with a Fiat fan compering. Nice detailed thoughts on the Abarth, I guess it must be the first Fiat on the BHP forum having a video test drive. The SWOT analysis were to the mark and I hope Fiat really looks into the WO part in depth.

Why did you at times sound so meek in the video like someone holding a gun at your head and making you say those words.
Thanks for your comments ghodlur.

Sounding meek ? HA HA, Yes i did notice it myself in a few sections, may be because of retakes.

But I seriously hope Fiat gets the respect it deserves with this Abarth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitg79 View Post
Brilliantly made review, Karan! Made my day.

Also, how about a few shots with the camera looking over your shoulder through the windscreen? That would put us in the driving seat as well!

You sound much better in-car than the voice over. Editing issue, I guess.
Thanks Amit for your appreciation,

Well, audio quality was a problem in my Figo review (specifically the cabin shots) which now is sorted. But yes voiceover as you said can get better.

Last edited by karan561 : 11th December 2015 at 12:09.
karan561 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 12:23   #14
BHPian

Nice review Karan,

& that's how you sit in a FIAT, the way Karan sits in the video, be it PALIO, PUNTO or a LINEA or the AVVENTURA, please people observe, there is no steering in your face syndrome in the way Karan is seated. You should be seated a bit relaxed without having the fear of not seeing the edge of the bonnet.

FIAT is far more comfortable to be in than most people think,

& karan, I like the way you shift gears, kudos.

Last edited by GTO : 12th December 2015 at 11:38. Reason: Language
sanjaymugur is offline   (3) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 11th December 2015, 13:00   #15
Senior - BHPian

Wow, It seems your getting a hang of the video reviews karan!! Great going man, Enjoyed watching your review much more than i always do with the usual reviews on the TV.

Looking forward for some more soon.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks