Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2016, 12:36   #61
BHPian

Re: My Maruti Ertiga Automatic

I drive a Swift Dzire AT, which is a torque converter (TC) unit. I don't know whether it is the same Aisin make TC as Ertiga. Coming to the point you were asking, I didn't see any improvement in mileage after 10,000 kms.

I used to get a mileage of 11.5 to 12 (refill method) initially in city conditions. My typical office commute is 12 kms, of which the first 9 kms is medium traffic and the last 3 kms is extremely dense traffic (in Hinjewadi software technology park in Pune). There are good days and bad days. On good days, the last 3 kms takes 15 minutes and bad days take 30 minutes to commute. I always commute during peak hours.

My mileage has taken a further beating after our office moved to another phase that is further 4 kms away. This involves 30 minutes of bumper-to-bumper traffic during morning peak hours (for just 4 kms) and 15 minutes on good days in the evening, which is rare. My current mileage is 10 kmpl . I am not complaining. It is better than driving a manual.

I hope this information helps.

Thanks,

Pradeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e4gleeyez View Post
I have booked a new Ertiga VXI A/T, primary reason to buy the car was that it can seat 6 people and is an A/T to handle the Mumbai traffic.

The Service Rep has mentally prepared that the in-city mileage in Mumbai would not exceed 8-10kms and will gradually creep up.

I am unable understand the science on how the mileage will creep up after 10k kms.
pradkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2016, 10:58   #62
BHPian

Thanks for the input. I did a lot of analysis and decided not to got for the Ertiga A/T and cancelled my booking.

Primary reason was mileage issues and rising fuel cost. Would like to avoid switching to CNG in future.

So the search has begun once again and this time I have no car in hand as I sold my trusted companion a 4 year old ritz to an acquaintance.
Old 24th August 2016, 16:09   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanprabhu View Post
The following details are to share from my short 2 week experience of having owned one of the few Automatic Ertigas in the country!
How's the car going on? What's the latest fuel consumption? Any servicing experience so far?
Old 24th August 2016, 18:56   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
How's the car going on? What's the latest fuel consumption? Any servicing experience so far?
Hi Ani_Meher, the car is doing good so far. Completed the second service and went in for fully synthetic (Castrol is used at Maruti Service Centers) engine oil. Mileage improved another 0.5 kmpl and is now around 9 kmpl in the city. Let me know if you need any more information. BTW I am not an extensive user of the car and have driven just 5k kms in the last 8 months!
Old 8th December 2016, 17:23   #65
Senior - BHPian

Ertiga automatic owners - What is your overall feedback on the car ? A friend is looking at the Auto Ertiga and I don't see too many reviews for this variant.

Does the already under-powered 1.4 feel better or worse with the torque converter auto box ?
Old 11th February 2017, 09:08   #66
BHPian

Hi, Thank you for posting details of your Ertiga Automatic. I have also (almost) decided to buy it. I may book it in the next two-three days. Upto now, I was hesitant since no dealer has an automatic for a test drive. I would like to know what is warranty on the automatic transmission. The dealers sales rep. did not have basic knowledge of the transmission. He first told me that it was an AMT like that in Celerio. Checking the net I saw it was a normal torque converter unit.
Any issues so far? Have you driven it fully loaded on steep ghat sections and can the engine cope.
Thanks and happy motoring
Old 12th February 2017, 16:42   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjayDalal View Post
Hi, Thank you for posting details of your Ertiga Automatic. I have also (almost) decided to buy it. I may book it in the next two-three days. Upto now, I was hesitant since no dealer has an automatic for a test drive. I would like to know what is warranty on the automatic transmission. The dealers sales rep. did not have basic knowledge of the transmission. He first told me that it was an AMT like that in Celerio. Checking the net I saw it was a normal torque converter unit.
Any issues so far? Have you driven it fully loaded on steep ghat sections and can the engine cope.
Thanks and happy motoring
I have driven to Ooty and gone through the steep ghats with over 30+ hairpin bends. Only thing is that you need to get it from D mode to 2 or L. Warranty for the auto transmission is the same as the car. I get 4 years since I extended my warranty by 2 more years. However I suggest you also take a hard look at the Ecosport and BRV Automatics as well just to be doubly sure as their power is 20-30 BHP higher
Old 19th February 2017, 19:35   #68
BHPian

I saw an advert. in the newspaper on the day I was going to book the Ertiga Automatic, for the Honda BRV. It was quoting a discount of 1,00,000 on previous year models . i.e. Sept/Oct/Nov 2016.
I went to Solitare Honda and decided there and then to book a Sept 2016 mfg. automatic ( they had many in different colors)
I hope to get delivery this Friday.
The factors which made me choose the Honda BRV Automatic ( available only in V trim) over the Ertiga Automatic are as follows:
1) Got blown away by the Sales Exec. Nazim who was knowledgble and enthusiastic about the car he selling ( compared to very little knowledge of other sales persons-other car brands/ showrooms)
2) Ready stock so can get delivery in 7-10 days.
3) More spacious then Ertiga
4) Third row passengers can get in & out more easily since there is a single lever 'fold & tumble' for the second row.
5) Black interiors which are easy to clean and age better compared to Ertiga's beige/ light brown. ( My Ford Fiesta 1.6SXI is now more then five years old and even after decent regular cleaning does not feel 'fresh' since interiors are similar colour)
6) Hight adjustable driver's seat which is a boon, since I am just 5'3". This is missing in Ertiga Automatic.
7) Better ground clearance
8) Exchange Value of my 11 year old Wagon R quoted as good as ( or rather as low ) what Spectra Motors offered in Exchange for the Ertiga.
( I will write more about this later in the appropriate thread)
9) No longer satisfied with repairs by Maruti Authorised Service center over past two years. Hence wanted to get away from Maruti. ( again will try to describe in appropriate thread)
10) Even with 7 on board, soft luggage for overnight /2 days can be placed in boot. ( So no immediate neccesity for roof carrier/ cargo box)
11) Roof rails to mount the the above are present.
12) Looks more imposing then Ertiga
13) Rear wiper ( minor point)
14) Automatic was readily available for a test drive.
15) Bigger tyres then Ertiga.

Now the negatives :
1) Priced on the higher side. Could have been priced quite a bit less.
2) Acessories are ridiculously expensive .Again will write in appropriate thread
3) Being longer then Ertiga driving and parking in the city and buildt up areas may be a bit of a pain.
4) No info. on the long term reliability of the CVT system.
Note:
IF the Ertiga had roof rails and driver seat hight adjust, I MAY have booked the Ertiga.
After getting delivery and driving a bit, I will post on relevent thread.
SanjayDalal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2017, 14:38   #69
BHPian

There is one thing that all need to know
Ertiga can be upgraded to height adjustable driver seat for 18k
Arm rest is available for around 3k and I have purchased the same
Ertiga Auto is a good 5 lakhs cheaper than BRV Auto and one needs to take a hard look at what exactly is the list of advantages offered to demand that premium.
BRV has tumble seats because they are thinner than those in the Ertiga
Ertiga can be fitted with luggage carrier if desired

Last edited by niranjanprabhu : 26th February 2017 at 14:40.
niranjanprabhu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th February 2017, 09:43   #70
BHPian

Wanted to thank you for this thread!

Your detailed review, combined with timely updates, have helped me immensely in my car purchase.

Quote:
Ertiga Auto is a good 5 lakhs cheaper than BRV Auto and one needs to take a hard look at what exactly is the list of advantages offered to demand that premium.
This is exactly what made me zero in on the Ertiga. I could not justify the premium that any other vehicles were commanding over the Ertiga. I have been looking for an automatic 7 seater for a good while now, and had also looked at the BRV, the Hexa, and the Innova.

Quote:
Arm rest is available for around 3k and I have purchased the same
Would it be possible to provide a picture of this armrest?
Old 27th February 2017, 11:24   #71
BHPian

Quote:
There is one thing that all need to know
Ertiga can be upgraded to height adjustable driver seat for 18k
Are you sure about this? The only one thing that is keeping me from booking the Ertiga Vdi limited edition is the absence of driver height adjustable seat. Other small things like parking sensor & rear camera can be added. This upgrade to height adjustable driver seat - is this a MGA and available from dealer ?
Old 27th February 2017, 17:59   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Are you sure about this? The only one thing that is keeping me from booking the Ertiga Vdi limited edition is the absence of driver height adjustable seat. Other small things like parking sensor & rear camera can be added. This upgrade to height adjustable driver seat - is this a MGA and available from dealer ?
Do call and check this out. Kalyani Motors and Garuda have confirmed this for me
Old 27th February 2017, 19:26   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishsingh View Post
Would it be possible to provide a picture of this armrest?
Here you are Nishsingh. Its not all 100% straightforward though. The installation of the armrest resulted in the plastic cladding below it to come out of its cozy and snug fitting. I had to go back to fix this and they did it by using a couple of black screws to fit the cladding firmly back into its place. The picture I am sending you is of the issue (now resolved). Will post a pic of the resolution too if you desire!
Attached Thumbnails
My Maruti Ertiga Automatic-armrest.jpg  

My Maruti Ertiga Automatic-armrest-issues.jpg  

niranjanprabhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2017, 19:43   #74
BHPian

Actually when you say BRV is more expensive then Ertiga, you should also take into consideration that you are paying for a superior automatic transmission mated to a slighly more powerful engine. Ertiga has a conventional 4 speed auto, while The BRV has a CVT with a "7 speed" ( 7 electronic points), which can be operated by paddle shifts mounted behind the steering wheel after putting it into Sport mode.

I mean no offence to anyone but if cost is the main consideration , then why would people still buy the Mercedes C class when e.g. a Skoda Superb will cost less and IMO give you a bigger car with more features.

I will be putting a detailed review in Honda BRV Automatic thread next week. Today completed 980km , in three days flat :-) Last Saturday and Sunday, Mumbai to Pune return on both days and Mumbai-Lonavala run early this morning. I am waiting to get my first service done, before I write my review.
SanjayDalal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2017, 16:34   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjayDalal View Post
Actually when you say BRV is more expensive then Ertiga, you should also take into consideration that you are paying for a superior automatic transmission mated to a slighly more powerful engine. Ertiga has a conventional 4 speed auto, while The BRV has a CVT with a "7 speed" ( 7 electronic points), which can be operated by paddle shifts mounted behind the steering wheel after putting it into Sport mode.

I mean no offence to anyone but if cost is the main consideration , then why would people still buy the Mercedes C class when e.g. a Skoda Superb will cost less and IMO give you a bigger car with more features.

I will be putting a detailed review in Honda BRV Automatic thread next week. Today completed 980km , in three days flat :-) Last Saturday and Sunday, Mumbai to Pune return on both days and Mumbai-Lonavala run early this morning. I am waiting to get my first service done, before I write my review.
Fully agree Sanjay and this is the reason I have said that we need to look at whether the incremental delta that the Honda BRV brings to the table is worth the 5 lakhs difference. I have never made a blanket claim that the BRV auto is 5 lakhs more expensive than the Ertiga Auto

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks