Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2016, 23:02   #16
BHPian

Re: My Maruti Ertiga Automatic

9. 3M carpet covering plastics. No fear of dirtying the carpets in areas that the mats don't cover anymore!
Attachment 1457660

Please tell me more about this like cost etc
Old 9th January 2016, 06:20   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzail View Post
Congrats Niranjan. Can u please tell me more about the 3m carpet protection sheet,like the cost etc and availibility. I also want it for my new ertiga ZDi+.
The 3M carpet covering (not the mats) costs Rs 3750 and was fitted at Maruti service station itself by 3M. Many service stations have a collaboration with 3M and they have been given a place to operate from the same campus. My service provider in bangalore is Garuda Autocraft
niranjanprabhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2016, 09:42   #18
BHPian

Wonderful review and superb photographs. Thank you. Heres wishing you many happy years of safe motoring.
slackyboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2016, 10:37   #19
BHPian

Congrats Mr. Niranjan on your new car. Best of luck and enjoy the ride.
Dr.Q is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2016, 13:39   #20
BHPian

Congratulations on the new ride sir! You have made a very practical and mature decision. Ertiga AT is a very practical car with good space and specs. A complete VFM package. Also, good job on the thread, well detailed and very netural, just what I expect from a true enthusiast.
kvsingh13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2016, 22:08   #21
BHPian

Thanks Niranjan for your detailed review of Ertiga AT! Since you posted your picture with your new ride in the Ertiga thread, I was waiting for your review. You didn't disappoint . You covered all the aspects that I would have liked to know.
shipnil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2016, 01:06   #22
BHPian

Congratulations niranjanprabhu on your new ride! Wish you many safe miles with this one!

Your review couldn't have come at a better time for me. I am considering an automatic to replace my Vento and was contemplating the Jazz. However my dad has a particular criteria which is if the car is a hatchback then the boot and the folded seats should be in line as he hauls some stuff every now and then. None of the automatic cars I have checked out have that option. Ertiga AT comes in the mix because it is priced extremely close to the Jazz V CVT and fulfills the aforementioned criteria as is demonstrated in your pictures. Plus the 7 seats should always come handy. If only it were launched a couple of years ago would have saved me Innova money. Sigh!

Question and Request to you, do the middle row seats fold flat? If yes could you post a picture?
miharbe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2016, 11:02   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
Question and Request to you, do the middle row seats fold flat? If yes could you post a picture?
Do have a look at 4 snaps I have put in over here

Last and Middle row down View 1
My Maruti Ertiga Automatic-middle-rear-seats-folded1.jpg

Last and Middle row down View 2
My Maruti Ertiga Automatic-middle-rear-seats-folded2.jpg

Middle seats are completely down. To ensure that the last row of seats are completely down, the middle rows have to be taken a little forward
My Maruti Ertiga Automatic-middle-rear-seats-folded3.jpg

No compromise on the front seat comfort
My Maruti Ertiga Automatic-front-seats-middle-rear-seats-folded.jpg
niranjanprabhu is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th January 2016, 12:08   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the car!
The Ertiga AT is a very sensible choice, though it may not be the most powerful.
I live in the same apartment complex, <500 m from your house.
Never look for a sticker in my car because there's none.

I think normal petrol would do well enough for the car, going for VPower which is 8 Rs more expensive isn't worth it.
Try tank-to tank method for measuring FE. I've never had a MID readout, but from what I gather, it's unreliable.

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 10th January 2016 at 12:26.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2016, 15:10   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
I think normal petrol would do well enough for the car, going for VPower which is 8 Rs more expensive isn't worth it.
Try tank-to tank method for measuring FE. I've never had a MID readout, but from what I gather, it's unreliable.
I confirmed the accuracy of the MID using the tank to task method
Old 10th January 2016, 21:14   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanprabhu View Post
I confirmed the accuracy of the MID using the tank to task method
So what's the city and highway FE?
Are your number before or after the running in period?
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2016, 22:15   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
So what's the city and highway FE?
Are your number before or after the running in period?
During the running in. We'll keep posting updates on this issue. One thing that I did find silly in the MID of both my Micra and this car is that even when the engine is switched off at traffic lights, the mileage keeps dropping. Usually MID mileage is around 5% lower than actuals. But not wide off mark.

Last edited by niranjanprabhu : 10th January 2016 at 22:16. Reason: Spelling
Old 11th January 2016, 00:58   #28
BHPian

Would like to applaud your sensible purchase. A very practical car indeed. Thank you for the review, it brings out the real life positives of the vehicle. Yes, none of us need to race, we do not even need to do so. For someone who is moving from a diesel to a petrol option, I would think this is a decision taken from the mind. Your review clearly highlights the essentials and the VFM aspect, as well as the thoughtful comparisons. Somehow, I have always liked vehicles with flexible seat-mix-n-match options. Thumbs up!!
krackr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2016, 01:37   #29
Zed
BHPian

Hello Niranjan,
Looks like you are enjoying the fruits of your sensible choice.
Regarding your comment ' 91 BHP and 130 NM of torque, is not exhilarating at all. Its not a chip on my earlier Micra Diesel...' - Ive driven neither of the cars that youve owned - but I do hear this quite a bit from colleagues in India and here in Germany that their new gaoline cars dont feel as peppy as their former diesels.
Its possible your throttle input needs to be recalibrated for a gasoline powertrain. You've been driving diesels where torque deliverery is a lot lower in the rpm band compared to a gasoline engine and you need to be more aggressive on your accelarator pedal to get the most our of your engine. At the risk of higher fuel consomption (and emissions) of course.
Zed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2016, 23:05   #30
BHPian

Thanks for the review. Have been waiting for a Ertiga AT review as there were none on this site (or anywhere else). I am looking to do a test drive in hyderabad and none of the Maruti dealers have an AT. In fact, at one showroom, the sales guy tried to push me towards MT saying that not many people go for AT and saying the Rs 10,000 discount on Ertiga is only for MT and not AT models! And waiting period for AT appears to be around 30-45 days at least.

Happy to see that there are no major issues. Would have been nice if AT was available in Zxi too.

Niranjan, were you able to do a test drive of AT before you booked it? Which dealership in Bangalore did you get AT test drive from?

Last edited by sanchari : 15th January 2016 at 23:08.
sanchari is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks