Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2016, 15:29   #226
BHPian

Re: Chapter 4: Modifications | Aesthetics - Eyes of Aggression

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Have you tried adjusting or leveling the throw and spread? Ought to be possible if you pop the hood and check near the headlamp housing

Lastly, why do you find the need to change the fog lights to white lamps? They don't exist to supplement lighting up of the road during normal low light conditions.
Hi. Can you please elaborate on how to adjust the level or throw and if its DIY job?

Further, I plan to change back to yellow fog lamps during winters

Thanks!
SC
Old 2nd May 2016, 15:39   #227
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chapter 4: Modifications | Aesthetics - Eyes of Aggression

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed crusader View Post
Hi. Can you please elaborate on how to adjust the level or throw and if its DIY job?

Further, I plan to change back to yellow fog lamps during winters

Thanks!
SC
There ought to be two knobs that you can twist somewhere on the headlamp enclosure. I don't own an S-Cross so cannot tell you exactly where. I'm pretty sure you will be able to find them if you just look around the enclosure properly. One is for height and the other will be for horizontal adjustment.

That is irrelevant. Using the fog lights during normal conditions remains a hindrance to oncoming driver's view and does not provide any improvement over just using your headlights. So please, try not to be one of those guys. The placement of fog lights limits their use only to low-visibility conditions when you need to see the edges of the car while driving slowly. They are pointless in terms of road illumination under normal conditions and adding white lights to them will make them even more annoying for other road users. Perhaps you ought to read your owner's manual.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 2nd May 2016 at 15:41.
IshaanIan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2016, 18:42   #228
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Crossbreed® | Mi10's Maruti S-Cross 1.6 DDiS 320 - Remapped! Update: Sold!

@Mi10

Can you please post output pics of your Hella projectors? (high & low beam).

Thanks!!
Old 18th May 2016, 23:07   #229
BANNED

Phew! What a review Mi10. Just loved the way you have written. Just came across this thread now and first thing I would like to congratulate on your new buy. One requires serious guts to remap the car at such an early stage. Your scarecrow looks gorgeous & surely head turner. The alloys & the headlamps does change the way car looks.
Just wanted to know after the remap how is the fuel efficiency? What are the future mods you are planning on this beauty? Would be eagerly waiting for it.
Old 31st May 2016, 15:56   #230
BHPian

Hi Mi10,
Wanted to know the tyre pressure you are maintaining in your upsized tyre, 225/50 R17?
Are you maintaining the same pressure suggested in the manual? (33 PSI - normally loaded)
Old 12th July 2016, 17:25   #231
BHPian

Re: Chapter 4: Modifications | Performance - Loving your Lust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
Of course, when we finalize the map, I will be giving you Dyno reports, 0-100 timings and anything else we could objectively measure.
Long time, no see Mi10! All of us are eagerly awaiting these details after the remap.
Old 20th July 2016, 23:11   #232
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Chapter 4: Modifications | Performance - Loving your Lust

Quote:
PS: I don't know the actual name of the XYJDYX chip
I think it's called Spider Boot Chip from CMD. This chip is used for tune protected ECU with infineon tricore microprocessor. As you said, this particular ECU (Bosch EDC 17 C49) in S-Cross 1.6 needs to be opened every time to read/write the map. With this spider boot chip soldered, any tweaks could be done via OBD.

I am planning to get my 1.6 remapped soon. But I would not go for this chip as it needs to be soldered and obviously would leave traces behind. Opening up the ECU everytime and working it with BDM frame is safer than this chip, I believe.

Spider Boot Chip Details :

http://flashtec.ch/spiderboot

Old 21st July 2016, 07:48   #233
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note:

Guys,
I have moved all responses to @josepeter's snap of modified S-Cross to his own thread. Please discuss it there.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...s-cross-3.html (StealthCross - My modded black S-Cross)

Let this thread be about Mi10's own beast!
ampere is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th July 2016, 09:21   #234
BHPian

Hi all scross owners

I have the 1.6 alpha. On saturday suddenly the malfunction indicator lamp came on. I took the car to the workshop. They said that if there is any abnormality in the manual sensors then this may happen. By the time my turn came the light had switched off. However, they still hooked it up to their system and the abnormality that they could find was that the keyfob was taken a distance away from the car while it was still switched on. Anyhow, they said all else was ok

To day I drove the car for the first time after saturday and the malfunction indicator lamp has again come on

What should I do; it is difficult to take the car to the workshop every second day, but if needed I will do that. Also, can I continue to drive around for a few days with the lamp on if I do not get the time to go to the workshop. All help will be appreciated deeply

Regards
SC
Old 29th July 2016, 17:43   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed crusader View Post
Hi all scross owners

I have the 1.6 alpha. On saturday suddenly the malfunction indicator lamp came on.
SC
Speed Crusader you may want to post this on the main SCross thread which includes the review, more places you ask better the chance of getting a response I assume.
Old 19th October 2016, 13:05   #236

Re: Interlude | A Stitch in time

Quote:
As fate would have it, I had to choose between 4 options only.
  1. Momo Sting – in Hypersliver
  2. Momo Reds – in Anthracite and Silver cuts
  3. Momo Revenge – in Anthracite
  4. Momo Strike 2 – in Gloss Black
Attachment 1460329
The Matt Anthracite is has a Deep Grey hue which does compliment lighter shades

End of the day, I chose safety over looks; and i am more relived now.

@Mi10
: Can you please share the details of the MOMO alloy wheel store in Chennai? As I am looking forward to have one for my going to be booked Honda City

BTW I guess I saw your Crossbreed® few days back, those MOMO revenge along with that white colour really did stand out of the crowd. Little did the fellow bystanders knew that it was a remapped 1.6. Wolf in a sheep's clothing!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks