Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2016, 15:03   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Crossbreed® | Mi10's Maruti S-Cross 1.6 DDiS 320 - Remapped! Update: Sold!

Momo Revenge again

Man proposes;god disposes. I specifically asked my Tyre Dealer not to show me Momo Revenge (that too in anthracite finish) since it's too common. But as luck would have it, once seen in person, nothing beats it. I also took the Revenge in athracite finish.

Did the alloys sit flush in the wheel hub? No need of hub rings? Do check that as well. Last time around the GTR alloys needed custom made aluminium hub rings for my Fiesta.
kiku007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2016, 17:35   #77
Senior - BHPian

Mi10
Amazing review for one of the most underrated cars.

You are a great story teller, I almost lived through it.
Felt like YETI(Sam) was taking us through a Scross experience.

Wish you many happy miles with the cross.
Hope to join Scross group soon.

Sad for the penguin. RIP.
kpzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2016, 18:49   #78
BHPian

@Mi10 - You my friend have a way with words

After a long time, came across an ownership thread that I was glued to. Your summation of the car (Android, Windows, iOS) is perfect. I actually went through each post and made sure I thanked each one of them wholeheartedly; such was the quality of your review

Congratulations on an excellent vehicle. The 1.6 would have been my drive by now, only if it came with an A/T; It would have been a lateral, yet ideal upgrade from my current drive, The SX4

Wish you many happy miles :-)

Please PM me your blog link
amit_2025 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2016, 23:31   #79
BHPian

@Mi10 - excellent review, I am glad my first post on team-bhp (just got my membership approved.. Yippeee) is to appreciate a very well composed review and kudos to you on that.

Have just taken delivery of my SCross 1.3 in caffeine brown yesterday and am hoping to add some content on the main review thread soon.

Wishing you many many happy miles on that awesome 1.6! I'm sure the peguin is happy to see an able replacement take up the baton from it! cheers.
mindovermotor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2016, 12:18   #80
BHPian

The S Cross is really nice as a car but I wish Suzuki would have put that 1.6 in at least one of the Baleno variants. That would have been a solid competitor to the Polo GT/Punto Abarth.
motorhead16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2016, 16:45   #81
BHPian

Felt like I went through the pre-purchase and post-purchase phases!! Brilliantly presented! You, Sir, can sell the car better than the guys behind the desk.
10-on-10 for the alloys. Will hardly go unnoticed.

Wishing you safe and happy miles! Keep revvin'
satrikon_454 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2016, 18:38   #82
BHPian

Nice story. I loved the pun in it very much. BTW, have you thought about a blackout for the A pillar?
gopa99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2016, 08:40   #83
BHPian

Epic review and i will give you 10* on this one. Gawd you have real imagination and interpretation... The car is fab and being one on the hunt for a new drive I could find nothing close to this on a pure driving experience. The price tag can be negotiated as I found out that few dealers ready with 2.5 off on 1.6... Its just I wanted to wait and see the new Maruti SUV and BRV in few days time. I am sure discounts will get bigger once more competition is out.

All in one , a fantastic presentation of your purchase and sorry for your rapids exit due to floods.

Hip hup hurray!!
hondacity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2016, 09:50   #84
BHPian

Perfect review of a not so perfect (design) car.

Wonderful write-up. Particularly the comparison to OS of phones. Felt as though I have bought this car. Five star stuff. Much appreciated.

RIP penguin.

Waiting for the ICE on this one.
deepfusion is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2016, 10:43   #85

Firstly congratulations Mi10!

Secondly, that was an EPIC review! As rightly put by GTO, 1.6 is what makes the S-Cross special from the Maruti Suzuki stable. So have fun and drive safe.

Hopeful to see some more stories about the coming milestones of your special purchase.

Peace!
Obi-Wan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2016, 15:21   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome review, Mi10. Nice comparison with other cars that you considered. The alloy looks cool and a good upgrade for the tyres. I loved the rapid fire, may be you could have added a question related to FE as well.

I was closely following 1.6 S-Cross but ended abruptly once the pricing was announced.

Wish you many happy miles and drive safe!
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 10:22   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
[b]

Finally, I choose the Revenge in 17” Matt Anthracite, since it had a better appeal when compared to the rest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post

Momo Revenge again
Nice set of rims there Mi10.

+1 to kiku007.

I think Revenge Anthracite Alloys has redefined the meaning of the phrase 'Trend Setter' !!

Irrespective of the car, colour, etc...there seems to be one thing very common amongst the latest rims:

A 'Revenge'ful Similarity !!
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 11:58   #88
BHPian

Congratulations Mi10.
Very well written ownership report. You have highlighted the positives and negatives of the car brilliantly. As most of them would agree, 1.6 motor is what makes the car special.
Nice choice of alloys and tire size. This has uplifted the looks two folds.
Your S-Cross has a big shoes to fill. RIP Penguin.
Happy Motoring
Old 18th January 2016, 12:04   #89
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chapter 1: Revamped Requirements

Quote:
A Saying flashed my mind "If you don’t look back at your car after you park it, you’ve bought the wrong car
Something that I do every single time, even on my four year old car. Probably look back more than once.

Quote:
For starts, any petrol car, however good they may be, was de-scoped.
This line is kinda confusing and I am not quite sure how a petrol car puts you in a difficult spot financially.

Quote:
This is the top loaded S cross hitting straight on to the XUV 5OO W8 territory at 17.2 L OTR.
It is a pity that many compare the S Cross to the XUV. The reason being just the price of the two cars coming close. In my opinion, there is more to it. Let us put aside power, handling and whatever else. If I were to choose, it is a no brainer that it will be the S Cross and for one reason only, car quality. There is no comparison between the two.

Quote:
My dad has this strange habit of checking my automobile purchase decisions with cab drivers / road side mechanics / Diploma holders / Bus conductors.
Love this one. Good that it worked in your favor.

Quote:
to the advanced BT
When you say Advanced, do you mean it supports the higher TX standard for audio streaming?

An outstanding initial ownership log of your new ride. What happened in Chennai was tragic. I could not believe that a city just 300km away, was under water. The loss for every individual was huge. For you, I have to say that your new ride, in the new year, puts behind everything that has happened. You also listened to your heart and got the ride that you really wanted, not a compromise.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 18th January 2016 at 12:06.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 13:38   #90
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chapter 1: Revamped Requirements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post

This line is kinda confusing and I am not quite sure how a petrol car puts you in a difficult spot financially.
The ride is a replacement for a Rapid TDI - Hence not point in replacing it with a Petrol car. My running doesn't warrant a Petrol car as a primary car.

Earlier, when the Rapid was still alive, i was contemplating on a Fast Petrol Hatch along with a Lifestyle vehicle like Thar

Quote:

It is a pity that many compare the S Cross to the XUV. The reason being just the price of the two cars coming close. In my opinion, there is more to it. Let us put aside power, handling and whatever else. If I were to choose, it is a no brainer that it will be the S Cross and for one reason only, car quality. There is no comparison between the two.
It doesn't matter! When a set of product falls under a range of price, they are bound to be compared.
Understand XUV is a different category of vehicles and not really a comparison for S Cross or Creta. However, XUV propels a compelling value proposition to most Indians thanks to the pricing! And it ain't XUV's fault - it is the S-Cross's fault (at pricing)

Quote:
When you say Advanced, do you mean it supports the higher TX standard for audio streaming?
Not too much into stock ICE, but, my earlier Head Unit (in Verito) too had BT, however i was not able to stream music ! Only for calls.

This one does both seamless, i am guessing it should be advanced
Mi10 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks