Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2007, 18:21   #631
Distinguished - BHPian

@Sameel, your review is a bit confusing. One way, your praising Verna in full glory and you end your post by saying your not completely satisfied without giving reasons for your un-satisfaction. Can you clear the foggy air?
Old 22nd October 2007, 18:44   #632
BHPian

@mobike008 ... dude i said that i havnt had enough of driving my verna ...i am willing to wait till the getz crdi comes with abs and all discs ..till then i wont trade in my accent DLS for any other car ..till then i have my verna for enjoing to the fullest..hope that clears the fog....
@shebin..those are aura alloys r14 tyres are stock 185/60 ..MRF.. ..and yeah the initial vehicles ...read non abs had a problem with suspension n the power steering ..rack n pinion arrangement had some issues which were sorted out in the abs version .. (this version came later) .. and yeah i missed out on verna sx .. one reason only.. before april 1 the road tax was rs 18800 ...and after april one..6% of vehicle cost ...dam.. i even had to settle for red instead of black... for this...but now i take that back.. red rocks ..everyone goes wow with her looks ... bling bling assured..thanks to alloys too and yup i painted the front and rear calipers red...sexy..... cant wait for the getz crdi...this time i plan to take black ..hehe ...
sameel is offline   Received Infraction
Old 23rd October 2007, 10:48   #633
BHPian

Hi friends. I have bid fareweel to my lady in red ( Viva CRDi ) after giving her a sponge bath, perfumes and flowers- after running for 3 years 65000 kms of very very happy driving in original paint, original tyres, new battery, new seat covers, mp3( sony explod with remote) and new mats and fog lamps ( after market fitments). Primary reason being that I didnt want to risk keeping it for another 15K and two more months, cause else, I should lose a lot of resale value, spend on timing gears, ac gas, new tyres and insurance renewal.
Its time for hunting for a equally good vehicle as I said I have been very happy owner as the car never troubled me and of course I also pampered her as much needed.
Have test driven Verna VGT ( yes its CRDi too , but i was referring to Accent CRDi as Crdi in my earlier post) but very confused as to whether wait for two months more( 2008 make) or should go in for it now with SX ABS. Hope the suspension issues are sorted out as mentioned by sameel.
Please, advise.
Old 23rd October 2007, 11:16   #634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameel View Post
hi guys i had a drive from alwaye -kerala to coimbatore ..took the good route via thrissur -ottapalam -palakad -coimbatore......yesterday ...
the drive was too good.. did a freakin 120-140kmph most of the time in heavy rain ..she held her ground too well and yeah corners and all was superbly handled.. i own the abs version ..the one with the reworked suspension ..hehe .. it rides like a dream and yes i am was more impressed with the breaks than the engine and the super quiteness ..breaking in that heavy rain from 140kmph ... no skids no rattling ..nothing... overall i am one happy hyundai customer ..own an accent too the old DLS model..diesel..goin to trade that and go for a getz crdi..as soon as the abs version with all goodies is released till then i can wait ..aftrall i am not yet satisfied with my verna gotta go a long way ..verna is a good car ..experience is the best teacher ..
140kmph in the rain with those MRFs is very risky...Drive safe and enjoy the car.

Anyways hows the road condition between Thrissur- Palakkad??
Old 23rd October 2007, 22:25   #635
BHPian

Vernas and Accent CRDI has exhaust black smoking problems. Dealers accept that they by pass the EGR fucntion, ie by grinding the EGR valve opening . THis avoids black smoke , but in the long run it affects the engine life or Caty Conv life. This will lead to major engine overhaul. Cost of Injector and TC or too expensive. So beware
Old 24th October 2007, 12:45   #636
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTO_CRAZY View Post
Vernas and Accent CRDI has exhaust black smoking problems. Dealers accept that they by pass the EGR fucntion, ie by grinding the EGR valve opening . THis avoids black smoke , but in the long run it affects the engine life or Caty Conv life. This will lead to major engine overhaul. Cost of Injector and TC or too expensive. So beware
This is news to me. I never saw Verna or Accent CRDI having exhaust smoking problem. Anyways, will keep that in mind
Old 24th October 2007, 14:26   #637
BHPian

I never faced this problem in my verna CRDi.will talk to the showroom abt this.I think verna has an engine warranty of l ac Km.Correct me if i am wrong.
Old 19th November 2007, 14:29   #638
BHPian

oil leak ??

I have a Verna SX Crdi which has done 7000kms. I recently noticed when i drive 150 kms to my relatives house and park in their portico, there seems to be some oil leak( some 5ml) from the engine. Is this normal ??
Old 20th November 2007, 22:38   #639
Senior - BHPian

no this is not at all normal if it is oil.check the under carriage and check for any cracks in the oil sump.ram
Old 20th November 2007, 22:44   #640
Distinguished - BHPian

Wel,, I've been quiet on the Verna for a long time. This time I took it to pune and was faced with an empty stretch, so I let her rip as fast as she would go. Placed foot fully on accelerator for about 10 straight minutes.

I am pleased to announce that a stock Verna CRDi will go upto 190kmph and no more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsvijay View Post
I have a Verna SX Crdi which has done 7000kms. I recently noticed when i drive 150 kms to my relatives house and park in their portico, there seems to be some oil leak( some 5ml) from the engine. Is this normal ??
No this is not normal. Drive to someone else's house.
Old 20th November 2007, 22:49   #641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I am pleased to announce that a stock Verna CRDi will go upto 190kmph and no more.

And we are pleased to note that you took her to her limit like REO Speedwagon once said to me long long ago. Even the Eagles said that a little while before them.

But next time take her to somewhere else, she might go faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
No this is not normal. Drive to someone else's house.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks