Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2019, 00:01   #76
BHPian

Re: My Skoda Octavia 1.4 TSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Sumesh,
I will strongly advice against buying the Ambition variant.
Thank you @Adimicra for the suggestion. Yes, infact I am also trying to go for the Style variant. Many of the features that comes with the Style variant are must have functionalities.

At the price front of the 2TDI style variant (manual), one can also go for the 1.8 T TSI style variant which is however DSG. I would prefer a manual gearbox and hence will have to go for the TDI engine.

Thanks and regards,

Sumesh

Last edited by ajmat : 13th October 2019 at 19:46.
Old 20th September 2019, 11:45   #77
Senior - BHPian

Is there a power bump between the 2014 Octavia and 2017 facelift for the 1.4 petrol. Data suggests 140 ps on 2014 model and 150 ps on 2017. Is there any significant difference in tuning and gear ratios as well. The 2014 1.4 was relatively slow off the block upto 2000 rpms with a hint of lag.

Also, is the engine, turbo, gearbox on the Jetta identical to that of the Octavia in 1.4 L form. Has anyone tried to reamp the Jetta petrol 1.4 reliably (long term) upto the Skoda spec on the engine without any issues with smoke, fuelling issue, FE.
Old 22nd September 2019, 19:18   #78
BHPian

Asking this for a friend. Thanks in advance.

My friend is in dilemma of purchasing either a top spec Rapid/City or an Octavia 1.4 Tsi ambition. He understands that he would a loose a great deal of features (including the infamous DSG) if goes with Octavia, however, he's tempted to have a sedan of D segment.

Please share your thoughts
Old 13th October 2019, 17:42   #79
BHPian

Hi,
Have been evaluating the 1.4 TSI for a while now, the discounts on offer have become really tempting these days.
The 1.4 Ambition trim is now available for 17.70 OTR while the Style version is for 21.10 OTR.
The 2.0 TDI Manual is available for 20.50 lakhs OTR.
Style 1.8 is no longer in stock, having been replaced by the Onyx version. No discounts on the Onyx as of now.

Don't know if the prices could go down further since the S.A believes that Skoda won't be keeping any stocks and there's a good chance that all their BS 4 inventory would be gone by March 2020.

I'm still confused whether to go for the 2.0 TDI manual or 1.4 TSI - which one offers better driving pleasure?
Old 13th October 2019, 18:43   #80
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almetal View Post
I'm still confused whether to go for the 2.0 TDI manual or 1.4 TSI - which one offers better driving pleasure?
My choice is 2.0TDI, Gem of an engine. I own VW Jetta 2.0TDI with DSG, it is pretty smooth and with excellent torque. Pleasure to drive.
manjubp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 14:54   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almetal View Post
Hi,

Purely on environmental concerns and longer maintainability, i'd choose the 1.4 TSI. Same power and torque. 2.0TDI is a damn old technology and truly outdated today. I have that motor in my A6, and living in Delhi I regret having bought it. But apart from that, yeah its a solid no nonsense motor that's proven its worth over time and generations of VAG cars.
zee_bat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2019, 13:00   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livezero View Post
Hey Sumesh, after doing 50k in a 1.4 TSI, I can safely say you won't face an issue on Hilly roads.
Can you share what mileage the 1.4 TSI gives, mainly on highways?

Thanks,

Sumesh

Last edited by Jaggu : 18th October 2019 at 13:29. Reason: Fixing Quotes.
Old 20th October 2019, 08:03   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumesh_Jazz View Post

Thanks,

Sumesh
On highways, I get around 17kmpl when driven at a moderate speed, 80-100kmph. The best I have seen is 21kmpl when driven sedately.

In city, I get around 13kmpl when the avg. speed is around 25kmph.
livezero is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2019, 18:05   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livezero View Post
On highways, I get around 17kmpl when driven at a moderate speed, 80-100kmph. The best I have seen is 21kmpl when driven sedately.

Thank you for the information. 17 kmpl appears to be a very impressive figure.

Sumesh

Last edited by ampere : 20th October 2019 at 19:24. Reason: fixed quote tags
Old 21st December 2019, 22:32   #85
BHPian

I own a 2017 Sept Octavia 1.4 TSI. Its an amazing car. Its a sporty drive. Looks great. Looks sleak and luxurious. Ticks most of the boxes at a 20 Lakh price tag. What I miss the most in my octy is the steering mounted volume controls. That's a big miss for a 20 Lakh car. Also some of the light controls like light beam angle are software based on the central screen and not on the physical controls. And that's are not user friendly.

But from a car/engine/gearbox/chassis perspective, I can easily say its the BEST car that you can buy.

I previously owned Ford fiesta 1.6 Duratec, Mahindra XUV500 in the past.
pramod is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2019, 22:58   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumesh_Jazz View Post

Thanks,

Sumesh
16-18 Kmpl on Bangalore-Pune kind of highways.
14-15 Kmpl on Bangalore-Mysore kind of highways.
pramod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2019, 13:21   #87
BHPian

So good to see black interiors in an Octavia, wish they give this as an option for for every Skoda car.
Old 25th April 2020, 12:02   #88

Hi Zee_Bat,

Thanks to your detailed post and some other inputs, I finally took the plunge in Feb 20. After mulling over Honda City for a good 3 months, we finally upgraded to Octavia 1.4 TSI Style (White Colour). This was the only version available in petrol manual when I approached the dealership (Tafe Access @Bangalore). The car is Nov 19 manufactured and we took delivery in Mar 20. I could manage a final discount of around 2.5Lacs on the total package (all inclusive expect the SMP).

Unfortunately, due to the lockdown, we have not been able to enjoy the joys of driving this car, something I have been looking forward to. Octavia was my dream car and now that the dream is realised, it is a little heavy on the heart that I can't live the dream, literally.

While we all stay @ home quarantined, I have a question for you and other Octavia owners. How much of a difference does the torsion beam suspension make in ride quality versus the superior multi-link suspension offered in higher versions? Specifically:
- in city
- on highways
- on hilly roads (Shimla etc)
- bad roads (potholes or kuchcha roads)
Old 25th April 2020, 12:24   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppathak3383 View Post
While we all stay @ home quarantined, I have a question for you and other Octavia owners. How much of a difference does the torsion beam suspension make in ride quality versus the superior multi-link suspension offered in higher versions? Specifically:

- in city

- on highways

- on hilly roads (Shimla etc)

- bad roads (potholes or kuchcha roads)

As some who has driven the Laura (with multi link) suspension and even upgraded it to Bilstein for around 90,000km and having driven the Octavia for 70,000km in 3.5 years trust me when I say this, I have felt absolutely no difference in city or highways. Done multiple trips to the hills (Shimla, palampur) and have never missed the Laura. Unless you are taking the car to the track or taking every corner like your are on the track, you won't feel a difference.

Cheers
Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th April 2020, 18:55   #90
Senior - BHPian

Excellent ownership review Answered a lot of my doubts. I hope the car has continued to keep you happy with minimal ASS troubles.

I am myself looking to own a used D segment car in say a year or so. Lockdown has forced me to keep checking for them almost every day.

Well this car will be mostly for a "Highway Only" usage for those long road trips. Maximum annual running won't exceed 5K KMs. Currently our Honda Amaze is in its 8th year and will be relegated to the city runabouts.

Initially I was against the Skoda brand, but going through this thread has tempted me to reconsider my options. I came across a OLX ad for a 2017, 47K run 1.4 TSI MT, with price quoted at 11L, slightly negotiable. Does this look like a good deal?

Could you elaborate a bit more on the ASS of the 1.4 TSI, and how much the service costs annually? Please mention any major issues that I should watchout for.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks