Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2020, 14:12   #91
BHPian

Re: My Skoda Octavia 1.4 TSI

Does this engine have a timing belt or chain?
Old 22nd August 2020, 14:44   #92
BHPian

I just bought a 1.4 TSI. 2016 model having done 95K. Got it thoroughly checked with an ex-Skoda chief mechanic, who also procured the service records and scanned the car for any other faults. After he gave me a green chit, I picked up the car.

I fell in love with the car on my first drive, but held back since the car had done 95k km. The mechanic reassured me that these cars last very long and especially since its Manual and the load on the front is much lesses, I will have far lesses issues.

I changed the tyres immediately to the Michelin PRIMACY 4, original size.

After a thorough exterior polish and Interior cleaning and disinfecting I drove for about 140km for a trip. Writing this note after that.

I am moving from a VW GT TSI which is a DSG, to a manual. However, I must say this is one of those rare MT's I am really enjoying driving. I had lot of stuff to take so the much-more-extra space than the VW GT TSI was really useful.

Overall happy so far that I paid a fraction of the original price for this really good car.
I managed to get an average of about 14kmpl, as I wasn't too kind on the right pedal on my first drive. I briefly touched upper triple digit numbers making sure I had a clean stretch with no other vehicles, humans or animals in sight for at least a 2km stretch visible ahead of me.I did manage to get the same 14 in early morning city drive with less traffic.

Much Under rated car. Will highly recommend auto enthusiasts to look for a good piece if you can.
satyanu28 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2020, 15:14   #93
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyanu28 View Post

Much Under rated car. Will highly recommend auto enthusiasts to look for a good piece if you can.
Have to agree with you there. I had driven way back when it was launched from Chandigarh to Shimla and enjoyed the 1.4L TSI thoroughly. It had a strong mid range and through hills second and third were used liberally. It would lose steam in 4th but nothing that a quick downshift didn't solve.

Being lighter with same torque as the 1.8L TSI means it has better torque to weight ratio and the horsepower deficit is also not too much.

A brilliant option in the used car market especially with low running cause you don't have the fear of DQ200 DSG and you get a nice fuel efficient premium car for a price of a compact sedan or entry level sedan.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2020, 16:00   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just bought a 1.4 TSI. 2016 model having done 95K. Got it thoroughly checked with an ex-Skoda chief mechanic, who also procured the service records and scanned the car for any other faults. After he gave me a green chit, I picked up the car.
Congratulations on the car! The 1.4 TSI is a pretty popular option abroad but was overshadowed by the slightly more expensive 1.8 TSI.

Besides, need to know that Skoda mechanic....
Turbohead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2020, 21:30   #95

Quote:

I am in search for Skoda Octavia 1.4TSI. Could you please share your experience in detail in terms of driving experience.
Also which variant is your Octy and if possible can you tell at what price you picked it up?

Last edited by ajmat : 27th September 2020 at 10:14. Reason: Trimming quoted text
Old 2nd September 2021, 13:33   #96
BHPian

I paid 7.2L for the 2016 Octi which had done 95k km. Well maintained. All services done in company.

I enjoyed every bit of driving the car. To add to the delight I would get around 16kmpl if driven sensibly.

I did a full service of the car with an ex-skoda mechanic at 1,10,000 km. Service cost including new brake pads, disk shimming, oil, filter change etc came to about 28k.

I decided to part with it to a friend as I was doing so much driving that I required a higher car for seating comfort.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 2nd September 2021 at 14:57. Reason: break > brake
satyanu28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 00:56   #97

I am still trying to find a pre-owned Skoda Octavia 1.4 TSI mostly Style variant. No luck yet.
Came across one on cardekho recently, but the seller is quoting a good high price(14,00,000/-) for the Sept 2017 model with a scope of 50k-60k negotiation. At this price I don't find it worth at all.
If Anyone in the forum has some leads for the 1.4 TSI please let me know. Preferably the split headlamp version.
Old 10th March 2022, 17:17   #98
BHPian

This is a fantastic thread and I dont know how I missed this for so long. We have had a 1.4 TSI MT Ambition since 2014 to accompany the 2011 1.8 TSI MT Superb. It was my mom's office car and bought back after she retired. The car has done 85k km with more or less every kilometer documented in its history.

Its a lot of fun to drive and surprisingly economical to run. Typical FE is 15+ kmpl on highways and long distances and 10-12 in exclusive city running.

Outstanding boot space and big rear leg room as well as very good driving dynamics. I owe this car an apology for not taking pics for all the good times that we have had together. These are literally all the good ones that I have of the car. I will get the car cleaned up and post more pics too.

My Skoda Octavia 1.4 TSI-img_20210308_114355.jpg

My Skoda Octavia 1.4 TSI-img_20210308_114410.jpg

My Skoda Octavia 1.4 TSI-img_20210308_114811.jpg

My Skoda Octavia 1.4 TSI-img_20210308_114817_1.jpg

My Skoda Octavia 1.4 TSI-img_20210308_114827.jpg
Old 14th June 2023, 20:46   #99

I have a question. Actually a couple of them. I have a 1.4 TSI Style bought in Mar-2020. Driven less than 30k km. Today I went for for the 3rd service along with some body work and a nagging sound issue I have been facing for the last year or so.

There is a repetitive sound (something similar to when a stone might be stuck in the tyre), that has been coming from the car. I first started noticing it around the cruising range of 80 kmph on the airport road (my daily commute for a few months). I realised that the sound was there even at speeds as less as 20 kmph, which meant it was a physical interference/ rubbing. I couldn't establish the reason and even after the raising the concern during the previous service (the PPS guys didn't find anything wrong) and even getting the tyres rotated, the sound persisted. I continued driving through the last year, always aware of the sound being there.

Today again I raised the concern while handing over the vehicle, and the service executive was quick enough to raise the car to check if any bearing damage was there (I drive way too carefully to have had that kind of impact, but I let him check). He confirmed the bearings are fine, alignment may be required, but the biggest surprise/shock was that as per him the tyres had worn out! At less than 30K! He even said that the wear is uneven! He also said that there is a humming sound which is primarily because of uneven tyre wear.

About 70% of the usage has been on the airport road, upto Chikkaballapur.
About 10% of the usage would be within the city of Bangalore.
Balance 20% of the usage would be for our annual trips (<500km radius spots).
No rash driving, no off-roading, still the tyres are gone.

First year of purchase the car literally did only 4,000km (peak covid), 500 km in first 9 months.
Second year about 20,000 km.
Third year about 5,000 km.

Can anyone please advise, how to check if there is any life left in these tyres and what would be the recommended replacements. These are stock Goodyear tyres.

I read a number of threads here on TeamBHP about Michelin, Pirelli, Yoko, Conti tyres for Octavia, but I can't make up my mind.
Old 20th June 2023, 10:09   #100
BHPian

Hello folks - I own and drive a Sept 2017 Octy 1.4 Ambition.
It has been amazing with ZERO issues or niggles till today.
I have done 37000 Kms and get a FE of 16+ on National highways around Bangalore city.
Here are some photos of the same.

My Skoda Octavia 1.4 TSI-skoda1.jpg

My Skoda Octavia 1.4 TSI-skoda2.jpg

My Skoda Octavia 1.4 TSI-skoda3.jpg

My Skoda Octavia 1.4 TSI-skoda4.jpg

My Skoda Octavia 1.4 TSI-skoda5.jpg

My Skoda Octavia 1.4 TSI-skoda6.jpg

My Skoda Octavia 1.4 TSI-skoda7.jpg

My Skoda Octavia 1.4 TSI-skoda9.jpg
pramod is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2023, 22:40   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppathak3383 View Post
I have a question. Actually a couple of them. I have a 1.4 TSI Style bought in Mar-2020. Driven less than 30k km. Today I went for for the 3rd service along with some body work and a nagging sound issue I have been facing for the last year or so.

There is a repetitive sound (something similar to when a stone might be stuck in the tyre), that has been coming from the car. I first started noticing it around the cruising range of 80 kmph on the airport road (my daily commute for a few months). I realised that the sound was there even at speeds as less as 20 kmph, which meant it was a physical interference/ rubbing. I couldn't establish the reason and even after the raising the concern during the previous service (the PPS guys didn't find anything wrong) and even getting the tyres rotated, the sound persisted. I continued driving through the last year, always aware of the sound being there.

Today again I raised the concern while handing over the vehicle, and the service executive was quick enough to raise the car to check if any bearing damage was there (I drive way too carefully to have had that kind of impact, but I let him check). He confirmed the bearings are fine, alignment may be required, but the biggest surprise/shock was that as per him the tyres had worn out! At less than 30K! He even said that the wear is uneven! He also said that there is a humming sound which is primarily because of uneven tyre wear.

About 70% of the usage has been on the airport road, upto Chikkaballapur.
About 10% of the usage would be within the city of Bangalore.
Balance 20% of the usage would be for our annual trips (<500km radius spots).
No rash driving, no off-roading, still the tyres are gone.

First year of purchase the car literally did only 4,000km (peak covid), 500 km in first 9 months.
Second year about 20,000 km.
Third year about 5,000 km.

Can anyone please advise, how to check if there is any life left in these tyres and what would be the recommended replacements. These are stock Goodyear tyres.

I read a number of threads here on TeamBHP about Michelin, Pirelli, Yoko, Conti tyres for Octavia, but I can't make up my mind.
I faced similar problems with my 2018 Octavia as well. The Goodyear tires that came with the car gave up within 5 years and 25k kms on the odometer. It appears to be a known issue with this brand. One day, after driving 200+ kms on a highway, my car suddenly started wobbling so badly that I had to stop and check for a flat tire. I somehow managed to reach the destination in a kind of limp mode. Consequently, I ended up changing all four tires with Continental UC.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks