Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 26th July 2020, 14:12   #91
BHPian

Default Re: My Skoda Octavia 1.4 TSI

Does this engine have a timing belt or chain?
Old 22nd August 2020, 14:44   #92
BHPian

I just bought a 1.4 TSI. 2016 model having done 95K. Got it thoroughly checked with an ex-Skoda chief mechanic, who also procured the service records and scanned the car for any other faults. After he gave me a green chit, I picked up the car.

I fell in love with the car on my first drive, but held back since the car had done 95k km. The mechanic reassured me that these cars last very long and especially since its Manual and the load on the front is much lesses, I will have far lesses issues.

I changed the tyres immediately to the Michelin PRIMACY 4, original size.

After a thorough exterior polish and Interior cleaning and disinfecting I drove for about 140km for a trip. Writing this note after that.

I am moving from a VW GT TSI which is a DSG, to a manual. However, I must say this is one of those rare MT's I am really enjoying driving. I had lot of stuff to take so the much-more-extra space than the VW GT TSI was really useful.

Overall happy so far that I paid a fraction of the original price for this really good car.
I managed to get an average of about 14kmpl, as I wasn't too kind on the right pedal on my first drive. I briefly touched upper triple digit numbers making sure I had a clean stretch with no other vehicles, humans or animals in sight for at least a 2km stretch visible ahead of me.I did manage to get the same 14 in early morning city drive with less traffic.

Much Under rated car. Will highly recommend auto enthusiasts to look for a good piece if you can.
satyanu28 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2020, 15:14   #93
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyanu28 View Post

Much Under rated car. Will highly recommend auto enthusiasts to look for a good piece if you can.
Have to agree with you there. I had driven way back when it was launched from Chandigarh to Shimla and enjoyed the 1.4L TSI thoroughly. It had a strong mid range and through hills second and third were used liberally. It would lose steam in 4th but nothing that a quick downshift didn't solve.

Being lighter with same torque as the 1.8L TSI means it has better torque to weight ratio and the horsepower deficit is also not too much.

A brilliant option in the used car market especially with low running cause you don't have the fear of DQ200 DSG and you get a nice fuel efficient premium car for a price of a compact sedan or entry level sedan.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2020, 16:00   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyanu28 View Post
I just bought a 1.4 TSI. 2016 model having done 95K. Got it thoroughly checked with an ex-Skoda chief mechanic, who also procured the service records and scanned the car for any other faults. After he gave me a green chit, I picked up the car.
Congratulations on the car! The 1.4 TSI is a pretty popular option abroad but was overshadowed by the slightly more expensive 1.8 TSI.

Besides, need to know that Skoda mechanic....
Turbohead is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed