Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2019, 14:44   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My Tata Safari Storme VX 4x4 (400 Nm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashwat B View Post
I am planning on buying a preowned safari storme. How your vehicle has aged and the current state of the vehicle would shed light on what I can expect from a pre owned storme which would have done 60-80k kms.
Shashwat, go for it ! A 6 year old Storme or at about 60-80k running should be available at about 50% cost of new one. Good bargain, I'd say. Timing belt should be changed at 5 years, so check for this. If not done, get the work done right away. Else generally no particular niggles or pattern seen. Let's know how it goes.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 17:27   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Timing belt should be changed at 5 years
Hi Condor,

Could you please let me know if your Storme's Timing belt was changed. If so, which TASS and approx how much did it cost. Mine is up for change, its 5.5 years and 77K+ kms.

Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 17:37   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashwat B View Post
I am planning on buying a preowned safari storme.
Shashwat, 6.5 to 7L for a VX 4x2. As sellers we

Quote:
Originally Posted by kochup View Post
Could you please let me know if your Storme's Timing belt was changed. If so, which TASS and approx how much did it cost.
I got it changed about a year back. Dont remember the exact cost, but the kit may cost approx 22k. My servicing is at Prerana Motors, Kudlu Gate (Hosur Road)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Do you remember how much you spent on the clutch. Mine has started to give occasional shudders at slow speed.
Sourabh, I am also seeing this with my Storme, after about 50k with this clutch. I plan to keep using it for now since I am not facing any other issues due to the clutch.got mine changed about a year back. Dont remember the exact cost, but the kit can go upto 22k- IIRC. My servicing is at Prerana motors Kudlu Gate (Hosur Road).

Last edited by condor : 15th July 2019 at 17:39.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 17:37   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post

Yes the entire clutch was replaced which includes all components.
Hi Navpreet,

Do you remember how much you spent on the clutch. Mine has started to give occasional shudders at slow speed.

Thanks.
Old 16th July 2019, 23:06   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Navpreet,

Thanks.

Not a single penny. Remember I had the gold AMC, so clutch being a wear and tear item was covered in it.

PS. Where is the point by point pictorial description of your suspension upgrade.

Had me thinking if it would have stretched the front CV joints. Do see if they have the same part numbers. Army and civilian.

Last edited by navpreet318 : 16th July 2019 at 23:08.
navpreet318 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 16:05   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not a single penny. Remember I had the gold AMC, so clutch being a wear and tear item was covered in it.

PS. Where is the point by point pictorial description of your suspension upgrade.

Had me thinking if it would have stretched the front CV joints. Do see if they have the same part numbers. Army and civilian.
Ah, my warranty expired in October last year.

Regarding pictorial description, I have none. My apologies for the same. It was peak summer with 40 plus temperatures when the upgrade took place. I stood by the vehicle, sweating all the time but taking pictures just slipped my mind.

Having said that, CV joints were not changed. It was only the suspension and tie rod that were replaced. Will try to get the part numbers as soon as possible.
Old 17th July 2019, 16:30   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ah, my warranty expired in October last year.
Didn't you purchase the car after me? So 3 year warranty is standard. Or did you buy it before me?
Old 17th July 2019, 16:57   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Didn't you purchase the car after me? So 3 year warranty is standard. Or did you buy it before me?
Just checked, my Gold AMC expired on 5th October 2018. It was 2 years AMC. However, my extended warranty is valid till 26th September 2020. I believe Clutch will not be covered in EW.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2019, 14:07   #114
BHPian

Hi guys,

Slightly OT, I own a Safari Dicor 2.2, does it makes sense to buy a new Strome? I love the seating position of my Safari & I can't find this in the other Tata vehicles.

Is there a possibility of Strome being discontinued in near future by Tata considering their new range of SUV's (Harrier/Buzzard). I like the added features in the Harrier but I badly miss the experience driving the Safari. Your opinions would be welcome.

Thank you.
Old 3rd August 2019, 15:37   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer8 View Post
Slightly OT, I own a Safari Dicor 2.2, does it makes sense to buy a new Strome? I love the seating position of my Safari & I can't find this in the other Tata vehicles.
I wanted to suggest the Hexa. Have you tried it ? This is one vehicle which can be an upgrade over the Storme. Else, yes - you could get the Storme.
condor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2019, 16:58   #116
BANNED

Quote:
Hi guys,

Slightly OT, I own a Safari Dicor 2.2, does it makes sense to buy a new Strome?

Is there a possibility of Strome being discontinued in near future by Tata

Does it make sense? No. Not at all. The existing safari owners didn't see the storme ad enough of an upgrade when it was launched, leave aside now, many years down the line.

And yes, there is a very strong possibility that the Storme will not be upgraded to BS6, and it is at the end of its life.
simeonovitch is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2019, 18:32   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I wanted to suggest the Hexa. Have you tried it ?
No, haven't tried it yet. Will check it out as suggested but I personally feel it neither has the looks nor the road presence like the Safari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simeonovitch View Post
Yes, there is a very strong possibility that the Storme will not be upgraded to BS6, and it is at the end of its life.
I thought so. Do we have a timeline?
Old 3rd August 2019, 19:54   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
.. but I personally feel it neither has the looks nor the road presence like the Safari.

I thought so. Do we have a timeline?
Hexa looks good value. It may not have the SUV look, but definitely has far more features also. May be the XTA / AWD

No dates announced formally, but expectation is that it would be pulled out before the BS-VI norms kick in. So decide on this soon. If it is the Storme, then you could get it during the upcoming festive season.
Old 19th September 2019, 10:16   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got the tires changed to Yokohama Geolandars.
They look damn good and have a softer ride compared to the stock bridgestones. The stance is better as well.
How they perform on the road, off it and in the rain will be updated once I use them more.

Hi there, I have been a silent observer of the thread for a long time now. Thank you for sharing.

I don't own a storme, but have a Hexa. I noticed that you have upsized your tires to 245/70 R16 AT on the stock rims - Which is the same rim size that Hexa mid variants have. Can you post a side view of your truck to give me an idea about the wheels. I am contemplating the same upgrade and wants to see if the 245 /70 wheels fill the arch well.
Old 19th September 2019, 11:57   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
Hi there, I have been a silent observer of the thread for a long time now. Thank you for sharing.

I don't own a storme, but have a Hexa. I noticed that you have upsized your tires to 245/70 R16 AT on the stock rims - Which is the same rim size that Hexa mid variants have. Can you post a side view of your truck to give me an idea about the wheels. I am contemplating the same upgrade and wants to see if the 245 /70 wheels fill the arch well.
Hi,
Well the review is a mixed bag. The ride is softer no doubt but there is a loss of outright grip from the tires on highways. Dry as well as wet. Very surprising as my comparison is directly with the stock bridgestones.
Offroad is nice. But punctures is something I have faced. More so than the bridgestones. Now that is something I cannot directly blame on the tires. Maybe my bad luck.
There are a number of good tires available now. Why dont you try the Pirellis as on the top line Hexa.
navpreet318 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks