Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2016, 20:40   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourwheels View Post
Nippon were able to enable the gridline function easily
Are you talking about the installation in your Corolla? Or is it what the Nippon guy told you?
Old 22nd February 2016, 21:07   #17

Re: My Maruti Baleno Zeta. And a bad experience with Maruti Genuine Accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleravee View Post
Kudos on your nice car! Enjoy the ride and I think, inadvertently you had mentioned that your Baleno is fitted with a 1.2l Kappa, kindly check as IMO kappa engines are found in Hyundai cars
I think you might be right. Maruti calls it 1.2 Litre K-Series. Good catch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDM View Post
That's what matters doesn't it!

Forget this issue and look forward. Literally

CDM
Doing just that! However, there's a lawyer in me that loves identifying and resolving issues. Fortunately i can multi-task

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath.s View Post
Are you talking about the installation in your Corolla? Or is it what the Nippon guy told you?
So the Nippon guy, Mr. Patil, enabled the gridlines feature (which he said was usually not done for MGA). He indicated that the model installed by him did not have the feature of guidance. Assuming the guidance feature was there and enabled, I probably wouldn't be having any grouse with them.
Old 22nd February 2016, 23:40   #18
BHPian

Congrats on your new vehicle, Baleno is definetely a competent product and the most impressive one from Maruti so far. Each time I find one on the road, it sure does make my head turn! And in white, she's definitely a beautiful sight on head on view with the DRL's on. White also tends to make her look a size larger.

True keyless entry and go is a joy to use along with auto ORVMs closing on locking! Have been using it since 2011 in my Nissan Micra, and Sunny. I find it as really sensible convenience feature though its provided at a premium only in the top of the line variants.
Old 23rd February 2016, 10:31   #19
BHPian

I too am having an issue with the accessories department of NEXA and have sent them a mail for it. My problem is that I am looking forward to adding the roof luggage carrier as advertised openly on the website but 2 months since buying the car, have not received an confirmation regarding its availability or due date.
My mail prompted a reply of " The required accessory is not being sent by NEXA itself." Why advertise something if your not gonna sell it?
Old 26th February 2016, 08:26   #20
BHPian

Congratulations on your purchase. In my opinion and from my previous encounters, I would say the Nexa dealerships are poor but the customer care is extremely good. I feel they have responded quite well for your concerns. I would suggest forget it and just go ahead. Don't think they can help you more. Agreed, the salesman was stupid. If u still want to fight it out, you can push forward for a new ICE, present in the alpha version, which I don't feel they'll agree easily.
Old 26th February 2016, 10:15   #21
BHPian

Did you enquire any possibility of trading into the higher spec variant of Baleno (for a price at least). Somewhere along you mentioned that cost of vehicle was not much of a concern. So why not order the car you want and enjoy rather than pursuing a lost case. Never trust a car salesman. It's their job to conceal, act without remorse and do everything they can so that they can sell a car and get a bonus (it's their livelihood anyway and they are good at it; they act stupid, act ignorant and act as if they made a honest mistake). Over the years I'm leaning towards buying only the highest spec model of any car (if those features interest you) to prevent these very issues. It may not seem a very good idea at the time of buying but IMO is totally worth it. Buying a car is somewhat like getting married. Keep your eyes wide open before and half shut afterwards. Good luck.

Last edited by pamiboy : 26th February 2016 at 10:16.
pamiboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2016, 11:07   #22
BHPian

Many congratulations on the Baleno. Just to add about the quality of the MGA rear view camera, my brother purchased a baleno base model and got it delivered on 31st of December 2015. As he had opted for the base variant, he just chose the touchscreen head unit, reverse camera and sensors from MGA. He is fed up with the image quality and the damn camera takes around 15 secs to start after engaging reverse :banghead: . By this time he has already done reversing. Maruti seriously needs to look at the quality of accessories supplied.

Last edited by aditya.bhardwaj : 26th February 2016 at 11:08.
Old 26th February 2016, 11:11   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Now, on to the faux pas. Relying on the dealer’s promises and the thought of a car within a week, I took the Zeta with the add on of a Maruti Genuine Accessories Rear View Cam. I can look back with absolutely no regret and say that this was a stupid decision. Shouldn’t have believed such misrepresentations and should have waited and stuck to the top end variant. The con game that car manufacturers play now comes to light. The performance of the MGA Rear View Cam that was installed is pathetic. Its features were nowhere close to the top end version demonstrated in the test drive car, as was represented by the dealer. The major concerns were (i) The picture captured from the camera is pathetic. (ii) the camera installed in the rear bumper appears to be an outdated and huge eyesore (installed an aftermarket product in my corolla a few days after at half the price and half the hole in the rear bumper). (iii) the screen installed in the cabin is unnecessarily thick compared to far better and newer camera screens with better picture quality are now widely available in the market. (iv) most importantly, the revering camera does not provide the yellow and red lines that indicate that the car is reversing in a particular direction – no gridlines / guidance. What is the point of providing such an aftermarket product, which does not even give the result that is being sought to be achieved? It is a substandard product being sold at an inflated cost. My view is that not only does Maruti force us to purchase their MGA aftermarket product at over double the market cost, they provide a substandard product which is clearly a few generations behind the times. This was unethical behavior and I took it up with Maruti / Suzuki.

Attachment 1478260
Attachment 1478261
Attachment 1478262
Attachment 1478263
First let me congratulate you on your latest acquisition. I went through the same thing when I bought my Polo, the SA insisted that the only way I could have a reversing camera is by addition a ungainly extra screen and a "bluetooth wireless camera". According to him its either this or I have to buy the Blaupunkt philadelphia 830 but there is no approved camera so told me I have to but the HU and wait. And anything after market will void warranty. They use this anything after market will void warranty as a weapon

Quote:
After relentlessly chasing for a while, I received calls from one Mr. Patil from Nippon India, who i understand manufacture and supply the reversing camera sourced by Maruti / Suzuki as a Maruti Genuine Accessory. Maruti probably passed on my complaint to their vendor without bothering to understand the issue in its entirety. Mr. Patil was kind enough to explain that the camera size was large since it had night-vision installed. He attempted to explain to me that rear parking sensors were also installed (nothing to do with the accessory purchased by me). I informed him that was not even the subject matter of discussion. The issue at hand was the sub-standard and mediocre reversing camera being sold by Maruti / Suzuki as a Maruti Genuine Accessory.
The Nippon is definitely not being fully truthful, you don't need LEDs like the ones I see surrounding your camera for it to work at night. Reversing camera's just have more sensitive sensors to work in low lux conditions

Quote:
After a fair amount of discussion where he was kind enough to understand my perspective as a customer, he offered to (i) replace the camera with a newer version with better picture capture / colour capture (my apologies if i am not capturing the exact technical term accurately - i am not a technical person); and (ii) change the internal screen to a newer, sleeker one. He stated that this new camera and screen would still not show the yellow / green / red guidance grid that is (a) demonstrated in the version of the Baleno that was given to me as a test drive car; and (b) is available in every aftermarket product installed. Mr. Patil explained that the grid was based on a particular car size and calibration, which was not done for the offending accessory.
Static grid lines that are built-in in almost all after market camera's Ive seen will not be calibrated for your car specifically so you can't fully trust them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath.s View Post
I may be wrong, but isn't the gridlines/adaptive guidance feature in a reversing camera dependent upon the steering input, for which it is necessary to have the camera software "talk" to the steering module? I have always been of the impression that after market fitments provide only a static view of what is behind and only factory fitted kits can have the guidance feature.
Yes dynamic guidance lines will definitely require a steering input sensor, even if the Baleno did have the sensor there is no way a stand alone after market system will be able to communicate with it (without some extreme DIY hacking of the wiring and software). VAG cars have CANBUS and this helped integrating the after market HU that I installed with the car and mine does show dynamic lines. But I don't know if some similar off the shelf solution exists for the Baleno.
Old 26th February 2016, 11:51   #24
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations for your Baleno.

Even I got mine in the same shade but in Alpha trim from the same showroom on the 5th of Feb.

I feel the reverse camera is a must on the Baleno, as the rear visibility is very less. Did you not ask the sales person to show the unit before? I think there is a working model being displayed at the service centre next doors. But since things have already happened hope you get the issue resolved soon.
Old 26th February 2016, 12:18   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebrother View Post
Congrats on your new vehicle, Baleno is definetely a competent product and the most impressive one from Maruti so far. Each time I find one on the road, it sure does make my head turn! And in white, she's definitely a beautiful sight on head on view with the DRL's on. White also tends to make her look a size larger.

True keyless entry and go is a joy to use along with auto ORVMs closing on locking! Have been using it since 2011 in my Nissan Micra, and Sunny. I find it as really sensible convenience feature though its provided at a premium only in the top of the line variants.
Thanks! I agree - she's quite a head-turner otherwise. Loving the car otherwise. The features otherwise are quite awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Q View Post
I too am having an issue with the accessories department of NEXA and have sent them a mail for it. My problem is that I am looking forward to adding the roof luggage carrier as advertised openly on the website but 2 months since buying the car, have not received an confirmation regarding its availability or due date.
My mail prompted a reply of " The required accessory is not being sent by NEXA itself." Why advertise something if your not gonna sell it?
There you go. My sentiments exactly. Pointless and mindless conduct from the MGA department. In any event, why dont you consider aftermarket accessories? I dont think aftermarket accessories will void the warranty in your case given you arent touching the electricals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani7766 View Post
Congratulations on your purchase. In my opinion and from my previous encounters, I would say the Nexa dealerships are poor but the customer care is extremely good. I feel they have responded quite well for your concerns. I would suggest forget it and just go ahead. Don't think they can help you more. Agreed, the salesman was stupid. If u still want to fight it out, you can push forward for a new ICE, present in the alpha version, which I don't feel they'll agree easily.
Thats certainly an option for them to suggest. Happy to consider. Their response time is horribly slow and usually merely an attempt to pacify the issue rather than resolve it. Whats the point of a slow and ineffective customer care right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamiboy View Post
Did you enquire any possibility of trading into the higher spec variant of Baleno (for a price at least). Somewhere along you mentioned that cost of vehicle was not much of a concern. So why not order the car you want and enjoy rather than pursuing a lost case. Never trust a car salesman. It's their job to conceal, act without remorse and do everything they can so that they can sell a car and get a bonus (it's their livelihood anyway and they are good at it; they act stupid, act ignorant and act as if they made a honest mistake). Over the years I'm leaning towards buying only the highest spec model of any car (if those features interest you) to prevent these very issues. It may not seem a very good idea at the time of buying but IMO is totally worth it. Buying a car is somewhat like getting married. Keep your eyes wide open before and half shut afterwards. Good luck.
I agree with you and this is a serious lesson learnt. When he offered the ICE from the top end at 80k, i asked him why i wouldnt just go for the top end. He had no answer. If they ask me to trade up, i probably will. Yes, cost wasnt a concern - immediate delivery was the preference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.bhardwaj View Post
Many congratulations on the Baleno. Just to add about the quality of the MGA rear view camera, my brother purchased a baleno base model and got it delivered on 31st of December 2015. As he had opted for the base variant, he just chose the touchscreen head unit, reverse camera and sensors from MGA. He is fed up with the image quality and the damn camera takes around 15 secs to start after engaging reverse :banghead: . By this time he has already done reversing. Maruti seriously needs to look at the quality of accessories supplied.
My sentiments exactly. Ask him to take it up with the company. They should really get feedback so they can start focusing on better accessories. The way i see it, unless enough people raise concerns, the company won't really spend time and attention to such things. Its not core business for them but its important enough to control by threatening a voided warranty. They're trying to have their cake and eat it too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTPower View Post
First let me congratulate you on your latest acquisition. I went through the same thing when I bought my Polo, the SA insisted that the only way I could have a reversing camera is by addition a ungainly extra screen and a "bluetooth wireless camera". According to him its either this or I have to buy the Blaupunkt philadelphia 830 but there is no approved camera so told me I have to but the HU and wait. And anything after market will void warranty. They use this anything after market will void warranty as a weapon

The Nippon is definitely not being fully truthful, you don't need LEDs like the ones I see surrounding your camera for it to work at night. Reversing camera's just have more sensitive sensors to work in low lux conditions

Static grid lines that are built-in in almost all after market camera's Ive seen will not be calibrated for your car specifically so you can't fully trust them.

Yes dynamic guidance lines will definitely require a steering input sensor, even if the Baleno did have the sensor there is no way a stand alone after market system will be able to communicate with it (without some extreme DIY hacking of the wiring and software). VAG cars have CANBUS and this helped integrating the after market HU that I installed with the car and mine does show dynamic lines. But I don't know if some similar off the shelf solution exists for the Baleno.
Thanks! This reinforces my point on other manufacturers also using such tactics. I was also told the same thing from Honda when i enquired about the City (voided warranty on aftermarket accessories which touch electricals).

I am aware of the Nippon information being incorrect. I also spoke to my usual aftermarket supplier who told me it was a hogwash explanation. The new reversing cams that i saw (and have installed on other cars) are less than half the size and yet have absolutely fine night vision. I'd probably assume this to be prehistoric products being sourced by MGA and then onward to us unsuspecting consumers at inflated prices .

I have no idea what the guidance system needs but frankly, their car needs to be build in a way so as to enable its installation, should it be required right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
Congratulations for your Baleno.

Even I got mine in the same shade but in Alpha trim from the same showroom on the 5th of Feb.

I feel the reverse camera is a must on the Baleno, as the rear visibility is very less. Did you not ask the sales person to show the unit before? I think there is a working model being displayed at the service centre next doors. But since things have already happened hope you get the issue resolved soon.
God willing, will be resolved soon. I am reaching the end of my patience and i think i need to begin thinking of escalation.
Old 26th February 2016, 15:11   #26
BHPian

[quote=fourwheels;3920807]

Thats certainly an option for them to suggest. Happy to consider. Their response time is horribly slow and usually merely an attempt to pacify the issue rather than resolve it. Whats the point of a slow and ineffective customer care right?

Sad to here, response for you was slow. When I was faced with a problem, the first time I made a call and complained at customer care, I was immediately called by Mr.Siddharth, territory sales manager and he sent a mail assuring me and the problem was resolved. At the time of delivery the showroom guys had misplaced my navigation card. The showroom guys initially told me three days and later ten days. When I called them yesterday no proper response. I made a call to customer care and within an hour I got a call from RM and also a mail from the showroom head telling I'll be receiving my card today and I got it.
If you want to know what a slow customer care is call vw customer care. At least Maruti made their vendor speak to you. In vw, they wouldn't acknowledge you inspite of requesting them to acknowledge. That's how bad it is. May be others have different opinion about this.
One lesson learnt is never take the word of any RM. Should have it written on paper. Thank God for me my RM kept telling me l, sir don't take any Accesories form here, it's expensive. You'll get much better ones outside. I asked about warranty. He assured me it won't be a problem, unless you make big changes and not to cut wires. Yes, if there is problem, I can't quote my RM. But still knowing how Maruti is, I think getting accesories done outside is safe enough.
Old 26th February 2016, 17:09   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.bhardwaj View Post
As he had opted for the base variant, he just chose the touchscreen head unit, reverse camera and sensors from MGA.
Hi, can you please tell me which touchscreen head unit is the one he got and its cost ?
Old 28th June 2016, 15:29   #28

Hey fourwheels, congrats on the new car. Very informative and superb review as well. Also I cannot but feel the same regarding the points about dealers charging exorbitant prices for accessories - so true and so prevalent. I have booked a Zeta diesel myself and was told about the reverse camera which is part of their genuine Nexa accessories. For some reason I have never felt like trusting these guys, not just Nexa, in fact the whole fraternity of garages/service centers be it local or authorized. I always take their suggestions/advice with a big pinch of salt. And for the same reason I opted out from having a reverse camera fitted to my car. Also, I opted out from having their insurance as well. I could arrange the same 0% depreciation one from an agent I know for almost half the price (almost close to my monthly installment).

By the way, is that Pink Floyd's "Breathe" playing on your stereo? Just a curious Floyd fan.
Old 30th December 2016, 14:29   #29
BHPian

Would anyone know if the baleno's stock infotainment system can be replaced with an aftermarket infotainment system like the Pioneer AVIC F80BT?

Most Viewed