Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2016, 22:48   #16
BHPian

Re: A Transformation: Beast to Baby! Tata Safari to Honda City VX CVT

Congrats Prem! Search for VX AT popped your thread. Appreciate a very detailed review on your purchase and experience! My remote search/research for upgrading a car for my parents back in India is under progress; First a Creta AT (last minute backout) then BR-V (booked now but 100% deposit refundable) but after recent comments from fellow BHpian on BRV, nothing but a souped up Mobilio is making me think thrice. My dad likes Honda badge and its reliability, so City is what I'm recommending now. Though, me strongly in favor of a compact SUV for their age (Knee problems), City is something they are seriously considering for CVT ease of driving.

When's the new City facelift coming? Perhaps, Rain Sensing Wipers, Apple/Android car play, LED/Projector headlights, 16" Alloys?

Last edited by VIPER_SRT : 6th May 2016 at 22:53.
Old 7th May 2016, 04:43   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPER_SRT View Post
Congrats Prem! Search for VX AT popped your thread. Appreciate a very detailed review on your purchase and experience! My remote search/research for upgrading a car for my parents back in India is under progress; First a Creta AT (last minute backout) then BR-V (booked now but 100% deposit refundable) but after recent comments from fellow BHpian on BRV, nothing but a souped up Mobilio is making me think thrice. My dad likes Honda badge and its reliability, so City is what I'm recommending now. Though, me strongly in favor of a compact SUV for their age (Knee problems), City is something they are seriously considering for CVT ease of driving.

When's the new City facelift coming? Perhaps, Rain Sensing Wipers, Apple/Android car play, LED/Projector headlights, 16" Alloys?
Thank you!
I havent checked out BRV personally. But, I dont think it is so bad like what few others are talking about. As always, there seem to some exaggeration. I suggest your parent to go and have a look themselves before reversing the decision on BRV.

If its only Knee problem, Honda City CVT is still good. Its only for back problem where SUV [a higher seating position] would be recommended

Next City - I have no idea, but people say its on 2017.

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2016, 21:46   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Thank you!
I havent checked out BRV personally. But, I dont think it is so bad like what few others are talking about. As always, there seem to some exaggeration. I suggest your parent to go and have a look themselves before reversing the decision on BRV.

If its only Knee problem, Honda City CVT is still good. Its only for back problem where SUV [a higher seating position] would be recommended

Next City - I have no idea, but people say its on 2017.

Prem.
My folks think the seats in City are more comfortable than in BR-V which are smaller with less thigh support. They are fixated on City. Any idea on what are the accessories worth negotiating for? I'm thinking
Front Grill
Side Step illumination
Sport pedal
Foot light
Trunk Spoiler
Floor Mats
195" tires (Should I negotiate with the dealer or some tire dealer?)
Thanks!
Old 12th May 2016, 12:49   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPER_SRT View Post
My folks think the seats in City are more comfortable than in BR-V which are smaller with less thigh support. They are fixated on City. Any idea on what are the accessories worth negotiating for? I'm thinking
Front Grill
Side Step illumination
Sport pedal
Foot light
Trunk Spoiler
Floor Mats
195" tires (Should I negotiate with the dealer or some tire dealer?)
Thanks!
Front Grill - I personally didnt like it. The stock is very much good and well aligned.

Side Step illumination - Yes, I like it. I have taken this.

Sport pedal - Yes, this is good.

Foot Light - I personally didnt like it. Very dull "yellow" lighting.

Trunk Spoiler - Felt too expensive.

Floor Mats - Unnecessary to take it from Honda. I suggest 3M mats.

195" tires - You cant ask the dealer, I think.

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 16:41   #20
BHPian

I see water leakage under the car. Refer to the images. Is this the AC water ? If so, is it normal ?

A Transformation: Beast to Baby! Tata Safari to Honda City VX CVT-wp_20160628_15_08_43_pro.jpg

A Transformation: Beast to Baby! Tata Safari to Honda City VX CVT-wp_20160628_15_08_54_pro.jpg

Water drips for few mins after parking the vehicle.
Its somewhere b/w the front wheels.

Prem.
Old 28th June 2016, 16:59   #21

I think this is pretty normal and it is the water from AC. This happens to me all the time once I park the car after a long ride. I don't see this in short drives though!
madhan.g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 17:33   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhan.g View Post
I think this is pretty normal and it is the water from AC. This happens to me all the time once I park the car after a long ride. I don't see this in short drives though!
Thank you.
I see that in about an hour's drive with AC. I dont know if this is from day 1 or not, but, happen to see it only today.

Prem.
Old 28th June 2016, 17:45   #23

I saw this happen from day 1. So things are good :-)
madhan.g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2016, 16:06   #24
Senior - BHPian

Belated congratulations on your new acquisition.

Since you have a 2016 City VX, 2 questions for you

- Do the ISOFIX mounts exist? If yes, are there 2 sets (should be)?
- Any reason why you didn't pick up the all black interior?

Was surprised seeing it among the features in the website. Then saw RajeevRaj update in the official thread as well.
Old 29th July 2016, 16:44   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Least I like[/u][list][*]Road noise - Comes in pretty loud. Is it due to the Bridgestone tyres ? I had a good long run on Bridgestone tyres on my Safari. So, I hope, the same continue with this too. So, but for the road noise, no complaints so far. Need to monitor, how it is on the long run.
I think the road rumble is exacerbated because Honda, in their "cost cutting" zeal has virtually eliminated the wheel-well claddings. Front gets partial cladding but the rear wheel-wells are naked with just the standard coating.

Alternatively, changing to Michelin's may help. One of my friend's was tired of the road rumble and changed to Michelin's. Road noise is still there, but is lesser compared to the Bridgestone's.
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2016, 18:33   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Belated congratulations on your new acquisition.

Since you have a 2016 City VX, 2 questions for you

- Do the ISOFIX mounts exist? If yes, are there 2 sets (should be)?
- Any reason why you didn't pick up the all black interior?

Was surprised seeing it among the features in the website. Then saw RajeevRaj update in the official thread as well.

1) Though I bought it on Feb 2016, mine is 2015 Honda City.

2) I honestly, dont know how to identify the ISOFIX mount. I didnt care about it since I crossed that age While I tried to find something in my car, I dont see anything visible/obvious. But, the specification as per Honda website, its available.

3) There was no all black interior option available, at least no in VX CVT.

Prem.
Old 17th August 2016, 22:40   #27
BHPian

Few updates:

3rd Free Service update - 6 months/10K

1) Completed 5000 KMs in 6 months.
2) 6 months [10K] service is done yesterday. Oil and its filter had to be changed.
3) I went for Synthetic oil, hence the service bill came upto to INR 2.8K. For mineral oil, it would be ~1000/- less.

Additional changes done

1) Changed the Low beam to Osram Night Breaker Unlimited for 2000/- in the showroom accessory department. Based on my enquieries, I found this to be nominal/cheaper. Didnt think much !

2) Asked about tyre upgrade with the accessory department. Surprising to hear that they themselves do the upgrade to 195/60/R15 [mostly Michelin XM2 or 3ST] for new vehicles before the delivery. But, they dont take this work even after a single day post the vehicle delivery.

3) Above made me to check on the tyre options and upgraded mine to Yokohoma Earth [195/60/R15] in the SLNP Pitstop in Tubrahalli, Old Airport/Varthur Road, Bangalore.

4) Each tyre costed me 5000/- and the old one's [BS 175/65/R15] was taken back for 1000/- each.

5) In a very short drive within the layout here, I am happy and mostly felt the same as that of Sudeepg posted in here.

6) I have a Bangalore-Madras scheduled tomorrow where I would be able to check up both the tyre and H11 performance in the highway/high speed conditions.

Prem.
Old 17th August 2016, 22:56   #28
BHPian

Quote:
2) Asked about tyre upgrade with the accessory department. Surprising to hear that they themselves do the upgrade to 195/60/R15 [mostly Michelin XM2 or 3ST] for new vehicles before the delivery. But, they dont take this work even after a single day post the vehicle delivery.
Lucky you. I had asked about Tyre upgrade with Deccan Honda Pune before delivery after going through team bhp, the car being on company lease, I wanted to be sure of any warranty issues. They strongly discouraged me from it saying insurance company might raise issues on warranty. So had to live with these puny mrf tyres. The ride quality is not great but I have noticed that tyres with under pressure of 1 or 2 psi lower as opposed to recommended 32-30 makes the ride better, smoother. But still would like to upgrade. Just can't find a way out. suggestions welcome😅

Last edited by Shashankjk : 17th August 2016 at 23:02.
Old 29th August 2016, 21:36   #29

Quote:
Few updates:

3rd Free Service update - 6 months/10K

Additional changes done

1) Changed the Low beam to Osram Night Breaker Unlimited for 2000/- in the showroom accessory department. Based on my enquieries, I found this to be nominal/cheaper. Didnt think much !
Prem.
Hi Prem,

How has your experience been after changing the low beam ? Improvement much ?

Thanks,
Namit

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Last edited by SDP : 29th August 2016 at 21:41. Reason: Please see inline note
Old 30th August 2016, 09:57   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namitkumar31 View Post
Hi Prem,

How has your experience been after changing the low beam ? Improvement much ?

Thanks,
Namit
Namit
Its good and its clearly a step up in terms of visibility.
The accessory guy suggested to change [only] the high beam and he also mentioned all of the upgrades are done primarily for high beam for high way drive.
I told him I dont use high beam unless I want to alert others. He looked "puzzled" with this statement Though he accepted yet the reality is different that many drive with high beam on high way.

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks