Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2017, 19:26   #46
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Alpha 1.2L

So I updated the OS software for the SmartPlay infotainment system. Mine was running v730 and the updated version is v750.

I had hoped that the update would bring in the Android Auto functionality but it is not the case. I wish Maruti brings out this in the next update.

I have also written down my experience of the past year with my Baleno on a new website I started recently but I am not sure if I am allowed to share the link here.
Old 7th April 2017, 20:47   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
So I updated the OS software for the SmartPlay infotainment system. Mine was running v730 and the updated version is v750.

I had hoped that the update would bring in the Android Auto functionality but it is not the case. I wish Maruti brings out this in the next update.

I have also written down my experience of the past year with my Baleno on a new website I started recently but I am not sure if I am allowed to share the link here.
Hey SRK, nice review for Baleno. Hope, its going well.

Wanted to know:

1. Is the AVN Unit same in Baleno & Ignis. Apart from the Android Auto functionality.
2. If it is the same, can Baleno Unit be updated to Android Auto by mere Software Upgrade or will it be a new hardware ? I think Android Auto is just an application, which does not require any Stack / Hardware to run.
3. Will it require separate USB Port apart from Apple CarPlay ? I guess Baleno has only 1 USB Port in front. Does the Ignis have 2 USB Ports in front, one for Apple CarPlay & another one for Android Auto ?

Phew, I have asked so many questions
Kindly let us know, if you have any information about the same.

regards,
Sanjeev
Old 8th April 2017, 13:38   #48
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
Hey SRK, nice review for Baleno. Hope, its going well.

Wanted to know:

1. Is the AVN Unit same in Baleno & Ignis. Apart from the Android Auto functionality.

2. If it is the same, can Baleno Unit be updated to Android Auto by mere Software Upgrade or will it be a new hardware ? I think Android Auto is just an application, which does not require any Stack / Hardware to run.

3. Will it require separate USB Port apart from Apple CarPlay ? I guess Baleno has only 1 USB Port in front. Does the Ignis have 2 USB Ports in front, one for Apple CarPlay & another one for Android Auto ?

Phew, I have asked so many questions
Kindly let us know, if you have any information about the same.

regards,
Sanjeev
1. It does look the same. Almost every top end model of Maruti is now getting this system.

2. I did go for an upgrade and there was no Android Auto added. The service station guy said this was the latest version they had. I am sure it would be a software upgrade to get Android Auto unless the internals of the system are different. Maybe only way to know would be to compare the part numbers.

3. There is only one USB required. You either connect an iPhone or an Android device to use it via the system. While an iPhone did connect (it requires SIRI activated) via Apple Carplay, I was not able to access the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge through the Mirror Link even though the system displayed it as connected. Other Android phones did not connect at all and could only be charged via the USB.

Also the Samsung phone became unusable as it went into Car Mode, which disables the screen. So you cannot use it while charging, as the phone automatically connects to MirrorLink.

Maruti has to get Android Auto to Baleno as soon as possible. Hyundai already claimed a segment-first feature by providing it in the updated Elite i20.
SRK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2017, 13:50   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Got my Baleno her Third Service on the 21st. Chose to get it done at Vitesse Andheri again, as I have had good experience with them till date. The total cost was Rs. 1441/- for oil change, oil filter and drain plug replacement.
Did you happen to supervise the service process? Did they acknowledge you with the type of engine oil that your car is replaced with? I mean the grade, the type and the oil company? Did you personally insisted in on any change in the oil used.
Old 8th April 2017, 14:29   #50
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohiT Nonu View Post
Did you happen to supervise the service process? Did they acknowledge you with the type of engine oil that your car is replaced with? I mean the grade, the type and the oil company? Did you personally insisted in on any change in the oil used.
I could see it from the customer lounge. The oil used was 0W20 by IOCL as per them. This is what Maruti recommends too as per the user manual for petrol engine.
Old 9th April 2017, 01:51   #51
BHPian

Quote:
the light output on this unit is better may be because the alignment on the earlier one was a bit off.
Would you be able to comment on the effectiveness (visibility-wise) and throw of the low and high beam of the HID projectors? Is it good enough for highway driving?

I have booked my car, and am a bit concerned about some feedback on the Internet that the headlights are not very good, worse than regular/upgraded halogens even.
Old 10th April 2017, 10:50   #52
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
Would you be able to comment on the effectiveness (visibility-wise) and throw of the low and high beam of the HID projectors? Is it good enough for highway driving?

I have booked my car, and am a bit concerned about some feedback on the Internet that the headlights are not very good, worse than regular/upgraded halogens even.
I personally prefer the HID then the stock halogen lamps. Haven't faced any trouble yet even on highway at night time. The HID on the Baleno may not be the brightest when compared to the high end ones but it does the job well. The fog lamps on the car feel a bit low powered. Would have preferred if they were brighter.
Old 19th May 2017, 13:11   #53
BHPian

A very detailed and nice write up which has helped me to finalise the Baleno Delta Petrol as my first car. I have already booked one at the Mira Road Nexa. Their pricing mentions an amount of Rs. 8800 2nd and 3rd year warranty. Did you take this option? Should I go for this extended warranty and what are the benefits?
Old 19th May 2017, 21:53   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusha View Post
...pricing mentions an amount of Rs. 8800 2nd and 3rd year warranty...Should I go for this extended warranty and what are the benefits?
Are you sure ₹8,800 is for 2nd and 3rd year warranty and not 3rd and 4th year? Usual warranty is, by default, for 2 years/40,000kms. Please do buy the extended warranty. It will give you peace for mind for 4 years/80,000kms. Please have a look at this thread. (Maruti Extended Warranty : Worth it ?)

Our forum too recommends opting for extended warranty.
dailydriver is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2017, 01:21   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Are you sure ₹8,800 is for 2nd and 3rd year warranty and not 3rd and 4th year? Usual warranty is, by default, for 2 years/40,000kms. Please do buy the extended warranty. It will give you peace for mind for 4 years/80,000kms. Please have a look at this thread. (Maruti Extended Warranty : Worth it ?)

Our forum too recommends opting for extended warranty.
You are right. I mistyped. It's third and fourth years warranty at 8559. Will check the thread you've linked.
Yusha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2017, 00:30   #56
SRK
Senior - BHPian

A quick update about my Baleno.

I recently wrote to NEXA that I found the suspension a bit bouncy and. I was also hearing a sound from the rear. Got directed to the service centre where they replaced both the rear shock absorbers.

The sound has gone but there is no difference in the ride quality. I still haven't compared it with the new 2017 models which many say is better than the 2016 manufactured ones.

I also would like to mention that I have updated about my year long experience with the Baleno on my new blog. I won't be able to post the link here as per the rules but if any one is interested, try searching it on Google with "A Year With The Maruti Suzuki Baleno Alpha 1.2".

I would like to mention that soon there will be exclusive NEXA service centres opening across country. The company has started taking customer feedback and I also had a word with someone working in the service industry who said that dealerships having NEXA brand have been asked to invest in setting up the exclusive facility.
SRK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2018, 11:33   #57
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Another update.

I got the fourth service done for my Baleno at the new NEXA Service center in Dadar.
Also got the smartplay system updated and now it runs Android Auto which means finally I can have Google Maps directly on the touchscreen.

Also during the serviced had complained about the suspension being a bit stiff/bouncy. The service manager noted the complain and also verified the car's detail in their system. I was told the whole suspension setup will be replaced with a new updated one.

After a month of waiting for the parts, I got the new suspension setup installed for my Baleno. Haven't driven much but whatever little I drove, can say that the ride quality is a bit better now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks