Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2016, 12:03   #16
BHPian

Re: 2016 Honda City VX-MT (1.5L i-VTEC)

Been enjoying the car a lot, but nothing unusual to report. Just a few updates which I wanted to share in this post.

2nd Service (3-month/5,000 km service):-
I sent the car in for the second free service which was due on the 30th of May. Since I had been using the car a lot over the last week, the service was postponed to the 6th of June. Called the guys at Pinnacle Honda and fixed an appointment for servicing and a few odd jobs.

The free service was carried out as per requirement. Apart from this, they refitted a random clip which had fallen out from somewhere under the dashboard. I had also asked them to lubricate the clutch pedal as it had started creaking sometimes. The constant creak-creak of the pedal was driving me mad after driving in start-stop traffic. Thankfully this noise is now gone.

They also seemed to have tightened some splash guard which was apparently loose. No idea what this was as I hadn't experience any problem nor had I pointed this out to the service staff.

I had also been following up with the accessories department at Pinnacle Honda for the 'Illuminated Scuff Plates' which I had opted for, but which still hadn't been fixed. They confirmed that the part had finally arrived and that they would fit it during the service.

The job done was good and I got the car back as clean as I had given it to them. The service experience was up to the usual standard and I had nothing to complain about. Pretty happy and satisfied overall.

Fuel Economy:-
I have not allowed the drivers to touch the car since we got it and I have been personally driving it 99% of the time. I have consciously been trying to drive more economically and the results seem to be showing.

The MID shows the fuel economy reading as 9.2 km/l, while the fuel log on the Honda Connect app shows it to be around 9.45 km/l (based on tank to tank calculations). I top up the tank and refill it once the range shows around 15-20 km on the MID. Usually end up filling about 35 liters of petrol.

Since my usage is 100% within the city and 99% with the AC running, I do expect my average to be a bit lower.

Others:-
I am happy to report that my Honda Connect app has become much more accurate. All the trip details and notifications have been accurate around 95% of the time. I wonder what caused the initial glitches to go away. Not complaining anymore though.

Thankfully no rattles have popped up yet, as many owners on the forum have reported. Will wait and see how the car holds up as the usage increases. Since I had been travelling or being driven around in the other cars, the City has seen very little running. Currently the ODO has just crossed 1,700. Planning to put in a lot more kilometers over the next few weeks.

We've had a bit of rain over the last few days and expect this to increase with the arrival of the monsoons. Found the car to be pretty alright to drive in the wet. The skinny tyres were decent and didn't make me feel nervous at higher speeds.

Random funny incident - I had parked next to an identical City at the golf club last week. Since my usual caddie was not available that day, I was using someone else who hadn't worked for me before. After my game, I told him to go and load my golf set into the car. I reached my car about 2 - 3 mins after him, only to find that he was trying to open the boot of the car next to mine (by tugging at the sensor)!! Poor chap had a very embaressed smile on his face when I calmly went and opened the boot of the car (the correct one) next to the one he had been wrestling with
fordfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 14:13   #17
BHPian

2,000 km update:-

2016 Honda City VX-MT (1.5L i-VTEC)-img_6190.jpg

My usage is pretty low (approx. 20 - 30 km/day) as compared to most members here, thus the long time taken to cross this milestone. But happy to report that I am loving the car the more I drive it. Just wanted to share a few points that I love about the City along with a few other updates.

Things that I like

Space - In the pictures below, the front seats are adjusted to my slightly laid back driving position (I am 5'7") and there is still adequate legroom for a tall passenger to sit comfortably in the rear. The seats as well as the leg-space are a huge improvement over the previous generation City (which wasn't bad in the first place).

2016 Honda City VX-MT (1.5L i-VTEC)-img_5346.jpg

2016 Honda City VX-MT (1.5L i-VTEC)-img_5347.jpg
Enough leg-room for a 6-footer!

Child safety - Honda has introduced mounting points for child seats in cars manufactured after Feb 2016 (apparently). Good to see car companies taking into account the changing habits of users. Earlier (and still in the majority), parents used to carry their children on their lap or just make them sit normally. Nowadays, a number of parents have started using child seats and similar safe methods of ferrying their children.

2016 Honda City VX-MT (1.5L i-VTEC)-img_5351.jpg
Mounting points for the child-seat located on the rear parcel tray

Boot space - Apologies for the awful picture. The boot is surprisingly big and can swallow a lot more than one would expect. I had to drop two of my friends' home after a round of golf and was a bit worried if all our sets would fit in the boot. Surprise, surprise! The boot swallowed them all with ease!

2016 Honda City VX-MT (1.5L i-VTEC)-img_5350.jpg
Doesn't look like it can take in three golf bags, but it can!

Sunroof - I love having a sunroof on the cars I choose. I always drive with the inner cover opened, but the glass closed. Keeps the cabin bright and airy. Occasionally I use it in ventilation mode too. It could have been slightly better tinted as the sun does get a bit too powerful in the summer. The tint on the sunroof of my Passat is just right. Still, this isn't much of an issue as the AC chills the cabin withing 5 minutes. The sunroof's size is also just right. Not too tiny, not too massive.

2016 Honda City VX-MT (1.5L i-VTEC)-img_5353.jpg

Honda Connect:-

Honda seems to have released an update for the app sometime around the beginning of June. And I am very please with the improvements they have made. Firstly, the car locator has become much more accurate and does not lag anymore. It also comes with a refresh button to update the latest location of the car. Secondly, the trip analyzer has vastly improved in terms of accuracy. I was initially not very happy with it's performance, but now it works like a gem. Lastly, the format of the fuel log has been greatly improved and provides much more information than the earlier format.

2016 Honda City VX-MT (1.5L i-VTEC)-image1.png

The new format of the fuel log (in the pic above) shows information such as ODO reading at the time of filling, kilometers covered since list fill-up, number of days between fill-ups, price per liter, total spent on each fill-up, fuel economy, total quantity of fuel filled in each fill-up, etc. Pretty detailed and well laid out, I must say.

2016 Honda City VX-MT (1.5L i-VTEC)-img_6136.png

Also, the feature (see above pic) which records certain activities (overspeeding, engine-on, engine-off, hard braking/acceleration, idle time, etc.) is much more accurate now. The over-speed warning pops up every time one crosses 100 km/hr. Good to see Honda listen to the customer and acting on feedback. I remember taking a short survey on the app itself a couple of months ago.

Things that I don't like

Horn - Sometimes seems to act as if there is something stuck in it's throat. The pitch goes low and returns to normal soon after. Come on Honda. Give us a proper horn! It is one of the most important parts in any car in India .

Dirt accumulation - I am finding it very difficult to clean out the leaves/dirt which collects along the window sill, in the gap between the glass and the rubber part. I don't want the window mechanism to get clogged up or damaged in the long-run.

Attaching a picture of the problem below, as seen on the rear-right door. This is the same situation on all four doors.

2016 Honda City VX-MT (1.5L i-VTEC)-img_6188.jpg

Anyone got suggestions how to clean this out or have found a permanent solution? Would appreciate the advice.

Summing up:-
Overall, I am very happy with the car (I think I have repeated this way too many times in my posts ).

I don't have any experience with the City on the highway yet, but the car felt alright at higher speeds (on flyovers). However, I find the previous generation City much better to drive at higher speeds; especially in terms of steering feedback and overall feel. At low/city speeds, the car is a joy to maneuver. The space, comfort, features, economy, etc., have all been up to my liking.

I certainly feel that Japanese cars are so much more fuss-free to own as compared to the Germans. That being said, each have their positives & negatives. For the future, I am very likely to play safe and get another City or Corolla when the time comes.
fordfreak is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th September 2016, 13:01   #18
BHPian

3rd Free Service:-

Just had the 3rd (10,000 KM) service done yesterday. The car has seen very little use recently, so the ODO currently stands at 3,300 KM. The experience with the service center was fine, but there were a number of minor issues that had cropped up in the car.

Hand brake - The car had a tendency to roll a little even after fully engaging the hand brake. They adjusted the cable and the problem seems to have gone away.

Squeaking brakes - The brakes would let out a very annoying squeaking noise every time I applied the brakes. The service center seems to have done some work to it as the noise has reduced, but it is still not totally gone. I will bring this up with them again.

Rear seat noise - The seat back of the rear seat was creaking and groaning a lot every time the car was being driven with the back seat occupied. Initially I thought it was an issue with the suspension, but figured out that it was actually just an ill-fitted seat. They took the seat out and refitted it after tinkering with something. I haven't used the rear seat yet, but will check it out tomorrow to see if the issue has been solved.

Misaligned washer nozzle - The extreme right nozzle of the windshield washer was aiming somewhere behind the car. Every time I wanted to clean the windshield, I would get one nozzle (out of the 4) spraying whatever was behind the car. There was one instance when I inadvertently sprayed the biker waiting behind me at a traffic light. Got a very dirty look from him! This issue has been fixed, but now they have aligned it a little too low. However, it still does the job fine and is manageable.

Cold engine light - I would never see the blue 'cold engine' icon light up even when the car was being started for the first time in the morning. I asked the SA to look into this, but he couldn't observe this as the engine had warmed up on the drive to the service center. I don't know if he has done anything to fix this. I will check it tomorrow when I start the car up for the first time in the morning.

They rotated the tyres, checked the condition of the brakes, changed the oil and put in a new oil filter during the service. I don't know why they call this a free service, since I was charged for the oil change and filter. Though it was not a significant amount, they shouldn't call it a 'free' service IMO.

The car was pretty dirty on the outside when I got it back from servicing, but the interiors were fine. The SA had informed me in advance that their washing facility was out of action, so the car won't be washed during this visit. I was happy to note that he kept the interiors spotless as I had told him I don't want to see any hand prints, grease marks, etc. The car got a nice wash this morning and is back to looking it's shiny best!

Total charges for the service - Rs. 1,454

Other observations:-

Apart from the above niggles, the car is performing beautifully. No rattles, creaks, bits falling off, etc., seen so far.

My driver was given the car to drive for the 8 days while my VW was in the workshop. Not surprisingly, the fuel economy dipped. The fuel economy has dropped down to 8.0 - 8.5 km/l as per the fuel log calculations on Honda Connect (the MID still shows 9.0 km/l, fallen from 9.3 km/l). I would attribute this to the driver's driving style along with the amount of time spent idling.

There were more than a few occasions the car spent a total of 35 minutes or more, idling in traffic over the course of the entire journey (as per Honda Connect). This is just an observation rather than a complaint. I spoke to a couple of my friends' who also own the petrol version of this City and got to know they too get similar results.

The boot and rear bumper area have picked up a few visible cement stains that I need to get rubbed/polished off. Repeated washing hasn't made them go away. The area directly above my car is the building's lawn. There was some repair work going on where they had dug up the entire area, this consequently led to water (which was mixed with cement) to leak onto my car. We have built a make-shift cover to channel the water away from the car, to prevent any future damage.

Since I mostly drive the City nowadays, I cannot emphasize how much I like driving it withing the city (no pun intended). The size, maneuverability, etc. are perfectly suited for city driving. Despite the horrid traffic or heavy rain, I always reach my destination relaxed and fresh.

The AC is super efficient even in the extremely humid weather of Kolkata. I usually end up setting the temperature to 22 - 24 and leave the fan speed setting to 1 or 2. Anything lower is too cold!

Question: I was curious to know what tyre pressures do other City owners' on the forum maintain, on the stock tyres?
fordfreak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2016, 14:11   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak View Post

Question: I was curious to know what tyre pressures do other City owners' on the forum maintain, on the stock tyres?
I always fill nitrogen in the car. I set the pressure to 32psi, taking into consideration the instrument error. Over time it'll come down to 30 which is just about right. Once it drops to say 27psi, ill just top it up with nitrogen. it'll last a good 4-6 months between top ups!. Spare wheel will be set to 35psi.
One:1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2016, 12:58   #20
BHPian

There appears to be condensation forming on the extreme outer edges inside the headlamp assembly (both sides). It usually vanishes within an hour or so of the car sitting idle. While this isn't something that is worrying me, I am curious to what may be causing this. I don't know how moisture could be finding it's way into the headlamps. The car has never been driven through a flooded road.

Has anyone had this problem before? Inputs would be appreciated.

Pictures attached below for reference.

2016 Honda City VX-MT (1.5L i-VTEC)-img_7519.jpg
RHS

2016 Honda City VX-MT (1.5L i-VTEC)-img_7517.jpg
LHS
Old 10th September 2016, 08:23   #21

Hi

I have been noticing the same happening at the exact same spot in my CITY as well. In fact I noticed it last week during rains. I havent checked if it happens wheen it is not raining as well.

Thanks
Namit
Old 7th October 2016, 12:05   #22
BHPian

Update:-

The City is slowly crawling towards the 4 K milestone now, and things are going pretty smoothly. However, over the past week, I had noticed that the car was pulling to the right. Thinking it to be an alignment issue, I sent the car to a well known store to have the balancing and alignment checked. I found it strange that such an issue could crop up on a car that hasn't yet touched 4,000 km.

To my surprise, I got a call back saying my front right tyre had a bubble on the inner sidewall! At that time I thought it was a manufacturing defect, as I don't recall hitting any obstacle that may cause such damage. However, when I got a chance to look at the tyre properly, I noticed some scars on the rim exactly where the bubble has formed. This would obviously mean that the damage to the tyre occurred due to hitting something. So, my case for a warranty claim goes out the window. Time to buy a new tyre I guess.

2016 Honda City VX-MT (1.5L i-VTEC)-img_8112.jpg

I wish we could sue the Municipal Corporation for keeping our roads in such pathetic condition. Funnily enough, it is a yearly ritual to do patchwork (not properly, that too!) on most roads in Kolkata. The end result we get is portions of the road that are automatically converted into mini speed-breakers. Absolutely hopeless state of affairs! Rant over. Thank you.

Apart from the tyre problem, the car is running brilliantly. The puja holiday rush has led to long idling times in traffic and hit my fuel economy a bit (not that I care much). Late nights are the only time I get to properly enjoy the Vtech's smooth power delivery.
fordfreak is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2016, 09:00   #23
BHPian

Quote:

To my surprise, I got a call back saying my front right tyre had a bubble on the inner sidewall! At that time I thought it was a manufacturing defect, as I don't recall hitting any obstacle that may cause such damage. However, when I got a chance to look at the tyre properly, I noticed some scars on the rim exactly where the bubble has formed. This would obviously mean that the damage to the tyre occurred due to hitting something. So, my case for a warranty claim goes out the window. Time to buy a new tyre I guess.
This is what happened to me on ALL 5 of my Honda City tyres. Not at once, but 1 at a time after an interval of a few months. I have posted about this in some of my earlier posts on this forum.

I had taken the 4 year extended warrantee from HONDA. Each time the wall of the MRF tyre had a bubble I used to get some kind of 'kooooch, koooch' sound while driving. The faster I'd drive the louder the sound would be. The car would pull to one side. Went to HONDA and they immediately realized it was a manufacturing defect. The 1st time it happened, they took sometime to realize it as manufacturing defect. Subsequently for the 2nd tyre onwards when this bubble defect occurred, no questions asked. They would put a claim to concerned local MRF tyre dealer and I would get a brand new replacement tyre by paying a nominal cost post depreciation amount being adjusted. The MRF guys also had no argument as clearly a bubble on the tyre appearing for no reason was a manufacturing defect for that particular batch of tyres. By the time the 5th tyre had the bubble, I was past my 4 year warrantee and could not replace it for a new MRF tyre. Since the time the new MRF tyres have been put on, no such bubble appeared This again proves that, that particular batch of MRF tyres were in fact defective.

Quote:
I wish we could sue the Municipal Corporation for keeping our roads in such pathetic condition. Funnily enough, it is a yearly ritual to do patchwork (not properly, that too!) on most roads in Kolkata. The end result we get is portions of the road that are automatically converted into mini speed-breakers. Absolutely hopeless state of affairs! Rant over. Thank you.
I agree. This is very frustrating. I too have a similar observations. Each year the exact same spots on the road get broken after each rainfall. This time the craters on the road here were so large (owing to the good rainfall that occurred) that the cars needed to stop, be put in 1st gear and then slowly be driven over the huge pot hole. Result was, long queues of cars stuck doing this same thing over pot holes. Not to mention the damage to the tyres, suspension etc. of cars. But no one seems to take accountability for repairing bad road soon after being broken.
geotracks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2016, 16:16   #24
BHPian

4,000 KM update:-

2016 Honda City VX-MT (1.5L i-VTEC)-img_8280.jpg

Crossed the 4K milestone yesterday and enjoying the car more & more with each passing day. I just wanted to share a couple of updates that I had.

New Tyre - In my last post, I had mentioned that the car had been pulling to the right. The cause turned out to find a bubble had formed on the inner side-wall of the front right tyre. I sent the car to my dealer and they called a Bridgestone representative to inspect the tyre. As suspected, the damage was caused by an external impact (though I can't remember when or where this could have happened). The new tyre set me back by Rs.5,313. Just for my knowledge, I had checked out the prices on Flikart as well. The same tyre was priced at around 5,500 - 5,600 online, add to that the charges for fitting it from a shop after getting delivery.

Overall experience with the dealer was very good. They were very prompt in keeping me updated about the entire process. I was also given a very detailed explanation by the Bridgestone representative about his findings and conclusion. Now the car is driving has perfectly as it should.

Fuel Economy - The MID shows 9.1 km/l, but as per my calculations (tank to tank method), the car should return around 9.6 - 9.7 km/l at the time of the next fill-up. The City seems to have a relatively small fuel tank. I fill it up till the auto cut-off every time and by this method, the car usually ends up taking in around 35 - 35.50 liters. Since my usage is almost totally in the congested city traffic, I'm pretty satisfied by this figure.

Sagging Seat Pockets - At the time of delivery, I got a couple of free cushions. I stored them both in the rear seat pocket as there weren't really needed even when using the rear seats. And since the rear seats are rarely used, they remained there until I decided to use them one day. Turns out the pockets on both seats have been stretched permanently due to the cushions being stored in them! Does anyone know how I could bring them back to their original shape (apart from replacing)?

2016 Honda City VX-MT (1.5L i-VTEC)-img_7937.jpg

General - Apart from this, I am loving the car to bits. A lot of owners' have complained about the niggles they have faced and the fall in the overall build quality. I for one, am very happy with my purchase. Sure, this generation of the City does not feel as well put together as the previous generations. However, I (thankfully) haven't faced any major niggles that have been discussed in other threads. It surely seems Honda have made slight improvements in the later batches of the City. The City still makes a very strong case for itself in the market (good performance, higher variants are well equipped, practicality, efficiency, etc), IMHO.
fordfreak is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 23:52   #25
BHPian

Hello ! I would like to point some things out
Quote:
2,000 km update:-
Sunroof - It could have been slightly better tinted as the sun does get a bit too powerful in the summer. The tint on the sunroof of my Passat is just right.
For the tint,just go to your neighbourhood accessory dealer, select a shade of window tint and ask them to put it on the sunroof, works really well ! Just asked them to use less water and use a cloth to soak all the accumulated water from the installation as a precaution. It will take 15 minutes.

Quote:
4,000 KM update:-
Sagging Seat Pockets - At the time of delivery, I got a couple of free cushions. I stored them both in the rear seat pocket as there weren't really needed even when using the rear seats. And since the rear seats are rarely used, they remained there until I decided to use them one day. Turns out the pockets on both seats have been stretched permanently due to the cushions being stored in them! Does anyone know how I could bring them back to their original shape (apart from replacing)?
My Creta has had the same problem several times and in my case the seat pockets returned to the original position in two three days after I left them parked under the sun. I dont think the sun had a role to play but whats the harm in trying.

Hope this helps !
Jag4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 13:02   #26
BHPian

5,000 KM update:-

Crossed the 5K milestone a few days ago.
2016 Honda City VX-MT (1.5L i-VTEC)-img_0783.jpg

The City has seen lesser usage over the last 2 months, since I was barely here. However, it has finally gotten to stretch it's legs a bit more over the last 2 weeks that I have been here. The car is still a joy to drive everyday and I still get the same feeling of excitement that I got the very first time I took her out.

The car has been performing flawlessly, but a couple of niggles have cropped up, that need to be addressed. Since I will be travelling again till the first week of February, I will look into all these issues once I am back. These are all minor niggles, but they still drive me crazy!

Honda Connect - The tracking feature on the app randomly stopped working on the 31st of December. The app is not able to establish a connection with the car for some reason. Initially I thought that my subscription had run out, but that wasn't the case. I don't know if it is a software issue with the app, or if there is something wrong with the dongle attached to the car.

Horn - It is starting to sound like a squeaking mouse. Need to get this changed ASAP! Will stick to the stock horn which Honda provides for now. Wouldn't mind changing to the louder Bosch one fitted on my other City, once the warranty on the car runs out.

Squeaks & Rattles - The driver seat has started squeaking on/off, with no fixed pattern. Can't understand where is the noise coming from. Will ask the dealer to tighten the seat properly, hopefully that would solve the issue. Something seems to have worked itself loose near the top-right part of the dash (near the right-most AC vent), and keeps rattling every time the car is being driven. These are things not expected to happen when you buy a Honda. Hopefully they will pull up their socks on the quality front on the face-lifted City.

Sun visor - The driver-side sun visor randomly fell off about 2 days ago. I was in the process of lowering it with my finger and it suddenly landed on my lap! I tried putting it back in place, but was unsuccessful. Come on Honda! I don't want bits falling off my car!

2016 Honda City VX-MT (1.5L i-VTEC)-img_0905.jpg

2016 Honda City VX-MT (1.5L i-VTEC)-img_0904.jpg

2016 Honda City VX-MT (1.5L i-VTEC)-img_0903.jpg

Thankfully, the engine & gearbox have been the main source of joy in the City. Gear shifts are silky smooth, but sometimes it gets a little fiddly while selecting reverse. The engine is a gem and is more than adequate for my usage pattern. Fuel economy seems to have settled down at 9 KM/L. This can be better but given the fact that my usage is 100% in city-traffic, I'm pretty happy with this. I love the fact that even after 10 months, my car still smells new. I use the Godrej Aer (gel) car fragrance and love the 'Pink Petal Crush' flavour. However, I need to change the bottle every 3 months or else it loses it's effectiveness.

Adding a random shot of both our Citys'. Our 2010 City has done about 52-53K kilometers since new and is still chugging along perfectly.

2016 Honda City VX-MT (1.5L i-VTEC)-fullsizerender.jpg

The City is, by far the most popular car in my building. There are about 7 other Citys' (all-generations) in our building. As for the competition, there are 2 Ciazs' and 1 Verna. The Honda badge still has a lot of pull despite the complaints about the fall in quality of recent models.

2016 Honda City VX-MT (1.5L i-VTEC)-fullsizerender_1.jpg
fordfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2017, 15:45   #27
BHPian

First Ding:-

Unfortunately I managed to ding my car on my way back home from work on Friday evening. It was completely my fault and not the cab which I grazed. I was in the left lane with a cab to my right. In a moment of brain freeze, I went past the cab from the left (totally wrong). To avoid a cycle-rickshaw, I moved to the right without checking and ended up with my right-rear fender making contact with the left-front fender of the cab. All this happened at around 20 km/hr, so it wasn't a big jolt or anything. The horrible scraping sound scared the life out of me and I dreaded going to look at the damage.

I raised my hand in apology to the cabbie as I started pulling over to the left with my hazards switched on. To my surprise, he acknowledged and just drove off without saying a word! I guess he could see that my Honda would be worse off than his Amby after our little get-together.

I try and drive with as much care as possible and this makes me feel like a massive idiot. Thankfully, the damage isn't too bad. I have managed to rub off all the yellow paint and wrestled the bumper back into place. The bottom edge of the bumper still sticks out by about a centimeter. The only tell-tale signs of the incident are the small dent at the edge of the quarter panel and a minor gash on the bumper, just above the mud-flap. Going to leave the car as-is since the damage is not noticeable.

The attached a picture is of the damage, before I cleaned it up.

2016 Honda City VX-MT (1.5L i-VTEC)-fullsizerender.jpg
Old 17th February 2017, 12:49   #28
BHPian

Minor update:-

Sent my City to the dealer to have the earlier mentioned issues solved. They kept the car for a day and have solved the problems which I had complained about. The experience was normal; not bad but nothing to jump about. The service adviser looking after my car was the same person who had helped me with my tyre replacement. Just like the last time, he kept me updated about the progress all through.

The horn has been re-fitted and is working fine. Apparently some connection came loose which caused only one of the two horns to work. The sun-visor has been re-fixed. Hopefully it will stay there and not fall off again. Honda Connect is now working fine. I had to uninstall and then reinstall the app on my phone. All the data which I thought hadn't been logged, has appeared on the app. All the dashboard rattles have been silenced (for now atleast). They tightened all the nuts & bolts and used masking tape and some damping material (according to the invoice). I am not complaining as the car is now 100% rattle free.

According to the data on Honda Connect, my car has been left idling at the dealership for more than 20 - 30 minutes on a couple of occasions. I wonder what were they doing that would warrant leaving the engine running for so long, and not moving the car. Not surprisingly, when I drove the car this morning (car came home last evening) the fuel economy was showing 6.1 km/l versus a steady 9.1 km/l when I gave the car in. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of liters have been siphoned off, as the the fuel gauge is showing the quantity to have dropped by 2 bars over a distance of about 21 KMs.

Will be sending the City to the workshop again after the 3rd of March for it's scheduled service.
Old 27th February 2017, 09:26   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Minor update:-

According to the data on Honda Connect, my car has been left idling at the dealership for more than 20 - 30 minutes on a couple of occasions. I wonder what were they doing that would warrant leaving the engine running for so long, and not moving the car. Not surprisingly, when I drove the car this morning (car came home last evening) the fuel economy was showing 6.1 km/l versus a steady 9.1 km/l when I gave the car in. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of liters have been siphoned off, as the the fuel gauge is showing the quantity to have dropped by 2 bars over a distance of about 21 KMs.

Will be sending the City to the workshop again after the 3rd of March for it's scheduled service.
Am sure it's nothing but they taking breaks in your car with the A/C on
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2017, 12:49   #30
BHPian

It's been a while since I updated this thread. After my last post, I got my car serviced as per schedule back in March. The experience with the dealer was smooth as always and I had no issues whatsoever. Since the City is only self-driven by me, the running is lower than that of our other vehicles. The ODO stands at 7,500ish KMs as of today with the next scheduled service coming up in September. Once the monsoon is over, it will be time for touching up the two dings on the car and getting it back to the 'brand new' look that I love.

I am planning to ask the dealer to replace the horns during the next service as they seem to be acting up from time to time. Also need to get them to look into a minor rattle coming from the driver's door, driver's seat or from somewhere near the instrument cluster. Other than that my experience with the City has been flawless (as has been the case in the previous generation's that we had/have).

Fuel economy has been fluctuating between 8.2 - 9.3 km/l. But I guess this is what I can expect considering the car spends most of it's time idling in slow moving traffic with the AC running.

Unfortunately, I picked up my second ding only this morning while driving to work. I was in the right lane (2-lanes on each side) in crawling traffic with a cabbie next to me on the left. He was jostling with an auto to get ahead first. In the process he cut into my lane and scraped my front left wheel and fender! Despite me holding my horn and motioning him to stop, he kept driving.

At this point, all I wanted to do was tear his head off his shoulders. Since I couldn't stop right there, I followed him for another 500 meters or so before cutting ahead and blocking his path. I knew I was blocking the road, but I had to let him know that I would not be taking this lightly.

Ended up yelling at him and planting a solid kick onto his grille before I left. I didn't ask for compensation as I saw that we had just traded paint and there were no dents. This exchange lasted about 2 minutes and was just a shouting match and nothing else. I could see traffic building so decided to leave as I knew I could fix the damage immediately once I reached office.

2016 Honda City VX-MT (1.5L i-VTEC)-image1.jpg

Thankfully, I got to blow off some steam on him and the car has also come away mostly unscathed. Will update after the next service and once I get the car touched up. This time, I'm thinking to use a proper camera to click a few nice pictures to share.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks