Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2016, 10:59   #16
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Ciaz ZXi - Snow White comes home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I just could not believe it when you mentioned that the Xeta was sold in a snap of a finger.
It was a shocker for me. My son literally cried that night as Xeta was gone. It was so quick - we discuss about selling the car on the weekend, I post it on the office bulletin board on Monday, and she is gone same day. In fact the purchaser gave the cheque after a short TD and came to "drop me home" after office.
Yes, you guessed right. Xeta was well maintained over the years - to the extent from the first day of fuel purchase to last service in a notebook. All records maintained, and car in a ready to drive condition to anywhere anytime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
With respect to the phone connectivity, you can probably pair upto 10 phones (or whatever is the limit), but you will be able to connect only one phone at a given point of time. I guess this is how it works in all cars.
Oh...and I took it on face value that i can pair and use multiple phones at the same time. Need to read the user manual again.
Congratulations on S-Cross. Wish you many happy (s)miles.

PS : I wrongly used word Indica Vista in a couple of photos description. Please read it as "Indica Xeta".

Last edited by advaitlele : 16th June 2016 at 11:00. Reason: Added
advaitlele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 11:07   #17
BHPian

Congrats on the new Car!

can you please share which floor Mats, brand, price etc you have put on your car ?
GetLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 11:08   #18
BHPian

Congrats on the car! Ciaz is an amazing car for your driving style. Thanks for writing such a detailed review.
The MASS that you have shown in the picture - is it by any chance Sai Service station in Hinjawadi?
I can totally relate to the b2b traffic in hinjawadi area as my office is also in that area only. I would keep my eyes open on the road for a white Ciaz from now on and meet you if time permits!
YoungSaint is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 11:27   #19
BHPian

Congrats on the new car Advait! I envy those awesome looking reading lights and sunglass holder!
Could you tell me how quiet is the car when all the 4 windows are rolled all the way up?
RPM1500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 15:52   #20
BHPian

Where did you get those floor mats in Pune? How much did you pay for them ?
Old 16th June 2016, 15:55   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSaint View Post
The MASS that you have shown in the picture - is it by any chance Sai Service station in Hinjawadi?
I would keep my eyes open on the road for a white Ciaz from now on and meet you if time permits!
Got it right YoungSaint. This is Sai Service Hinjawadi. Sure, would be good to meet you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetLife View Post
can you please share which floor Mats, brand, price etc you have put on your car ?
I am not sure about the exact brand name, but they are called 5D mat and it cost me about 5k for cabin mats - two front and one back that covers entire area. They are super comfy and fuss-free when it comes to cleaning. I was initially a bit skeptical as the mats are again beige color. But cleaning is as easy as - remove mats - put upside down to clear of all dust and other rubbish - wipe clean with wet cloth - put it back. I am happy, and planning to get it for the boot as well if I manage to see it in accessory shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM1500 View Post
I envy those awesome looking reading lights and sunglass holder!
Could you tell me how quiet is the car when all the 4 windows are rolled all the way up?
Yes, the reading lights and sun glass holder, both are quite well put features and quite useful too.
The car with all four windows up, is quite silent. In idle, I hardly noticed any engine noise or vibration. I had to look at the rev counter on a few occasions on signal if the engine was running. At running speed too, cabin is silent for both road noise and wind noise.

Last edited by advaitlele : 16th June 2016 at 15:58.
Old 16th June 2016, 22:37   #22

My first ever post on Team-BHP! Thank you for including me in this community.
Congratulations for your new car advaitlele. Very well compiled ownership review of Maruti Ciaz Zxi. Rated 5 star.

I found a mirror image of myself in you while going through this post.

Similarities include:
1) Bought Maruti Ciaz Zxi A/T on April 8, 2016 - Gudi Padwa - exactly the date you aimed for, albeit Dignity Brown colour.
2) I consider myself a sedate driver; psychologically limiting myself to cross the speed of 80-85 kmph on highway.
3) Not a speed fanatic. Was never and probably will never be in 0 to 100 race category.
4) Sold i10 Asta A/T (2010 model) recently in just 2 days flat for Rs 3.6 lacs.
5) Coming from a small car background, Ciaz's massive dimensions were a headache initially. Came to terms with it gradually.
6) Very annoying thing that doors don't open automatically once the engine is shut off. Will get the settings changed through OBD port as you pointed out.
7) Dislike the naked boot. Could have given boot cover atleast as an MGA.
8) Found horn-pad size small. Have to stretch my thumb to deal with Mumbai traffic.
9) Found glovebox a tad small considering the size of the petrol log book that I maintain apart from owner's manual and a small folder for keeping important documents inside.
10) Storage space beneath front armrest is indeed very small. Can't keep a 5.3" mobile phone there. Useful only for storing a pen and few petty items such as charger and AUX wire.

Personally for me, the USP of Ciaz has been its fuel efficiency. i10 A/T managed to gave an average of 7-8 kmpl inspite using it in 6th year (80% city driving, >95% AC). In contrast Ciaz is giving an average of 13-14 kmpl (Ran approx 2000 kms since last 2 months, 70% city driving, >95% AC). Considering B2B traffic and Mumbai's road condition, I am quite content with the FE. (One question: Will keeping AC temp in range of 21-23 increase my FE drastically? Currently I prefer keeping temp in range of 18-20, thanks to Mumbai heat)

Boot space is another feature that can be endorsed very proudly. My relatives, in particular, were very impressed with its boot capacity when I had to pick them up from airport. The boot swallowed precisely 4 big suitcases and 3 handbags with some space left for a large size haversack.

The list containing positives and negatives of Ciaz will go on. Hence I plan to write a ownership review soon in coming months. Once again, Congratulations for your new car!
romydeora is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2016, 09:25   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romydeora View Post
My first ever post on Team-BHP! Thank you for including me in this community.
Congratulations for your new car advaitlele. Very well compiled ownership review of Maruti Ciaz Zxi. Rated 5 star.

I found a mirror image of myself in you while going through this post.

Similarities include:
1) Bought Maruti Ciaz Zxi A/T on April 8, 2016 - Gudi Padwa - exactly the date you aimed for, albeit Dignity Brown colour.
Thanks.
Congratulations on the new car romydeora. That color looks good, but dropped it. I was not sure how easy it would be to maintain that color.
Would PM you when I am in Mumbai next time, would like to meet the person with so similar thought pattern.

Quote:
(One question: Will keeping AC temp in range of 21-23 increase my FE drastically? Currently I prefer keeping temp in range of 18-20, thanks to Mumbai heat)
Logical answer is - it should reduce the FE, as there would be that marginal additional load on engine to run the AC; not sure about "considerably" part of it. I feel comfortable at the temperature set at 22 degrees and am getting about 16 kmpl in city traffic condition (16.2 at the moment to be precise).

Quote:
Hence I plan to write a ownership review soon in coming months. Once again, Congratulations for your new car!
Will watch this forum for your review. I am sure you are finding the Ciaz A/T very competent to beat Mumbai traffic blues. Will be keen to know how the four speed A/T box performs. Is it the same box that was available with SX4?

Last edited by advaitlele : 17th June 2016 at 09:27.
Old 17th June 2016, 11:36   #24
BHPian

Quote:
6) Very annoying thing that doors don't open automatically once the engine is shut off. Will get the settings changed through OBD port as you pointed out.
Welcome to the group !!!

I read this aspect multiple times on many threads.
There is a different dimension to this. If you program the doors to open once the engine is switched off, it's good. But, think of a situation. You are alone on your daily office commute and you have placed your laptop in the back seat and switched off the engine at the traffic signal. Some one can easily open the door and snatch the valuable and run away. Beware, what I said is reported in many cities / many times.
Sree73 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th June 2016, 20:50   #25
BHPian

Congrats on the new car. It looks gorgeous!!!! Also the Indica was really well maintained. Thumbs up!!!
thatfastdude19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2016, 21:55   #26
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Advait. Ciaz does look smashing in white.
I also work in Hinjewadi and i as well prefer going to office by cab.
How is SAI service hinjewadi? Would you recommend it?

Do those floor mats come with Velcro on underside?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Welcome to the group !!!

You are alone on your daily office commute and you have placed your laptop in the back seat and switched off the engine at the traffic signal. Some one can easily open the door and snatch the valuable and run away. Beware, what I said is reported in many cities / many times.
Thanks Sree, i do totally agree it happens and hence i try to keep my bag in front passenger footwell area.
But i feel at least drive side door should be auto unlocked once the engine is shut off.

Last edited by silverado : 17th June 2016 at 21:59.
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2016, 10:27   #27

Congrats Advait for your great buy and thanks a lot for the wonderful and detailed review. I am also like you as far as driving style is concerned and am looking at Ciaz as a prospective car for me though in it's diesel avatar. Your ownership review was very helpful in clearing a lot of doubts. Thanks again.
Old 19th June 2016, 08:34   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
I read this aspect multiple times on many threads.
There is a different dimension to this.
Thanks Sree73.
Yes, I considered that before asking for the change.
I always keep my laptop bag in the footwell at front passenger side, or in the boot.
But i understand that would be a real concern in stone high risk areas.
Old 20th June 2016, 09:14   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Congratulations Advait. Ciaz does look smashing in white.
I also work in Hinjewadi and i as well prefer going to office by cab.
How is SAI service hinjewadi? Would you recommend it?

Do those floor mats come with Velcro on underside?
Yes, those floor mats have Velcro on underside to hold them in place.
Sai Service so far is good, may be because I have visited them only once for free first service. I don't have to worry for next 8 months till "free" services are done. Have never gone there for other two Maruti cars, so cannot comment how are they when it comes to paid service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVS1806 View Post
Your ownership review was very helpful in clearing a lot of doubts. Thanks again.
Thanks SVS1806 for the comments and good you found the review useful. Will await your buying and ownership experience thread. Ciaz is a no-nonsense fuss free car I feel at the perfect value for money.
Old 20th June 2016, 15:32   #30
BHPian

Congrats advait for your new car.. wish you many miles to go.. Nice review and liked the analysis from your final five. How is the handling compared to Honda city in traffic conditions and how are the suspensions on slight rough roads ?

Even I had my Indica vista (7yrs old) sold very recently and to my surprise it was just gone in 3 days. Now here am in this phase of enjoyment exploring new models with no hurries to go for a newone !
STraiTDriVE is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed