Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2017, 06:26   #46
BHPian

Re: A Diamond White Ford EcoSport Automatic joins the family - Case of 4th time lucky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
I finally had to give away my 8 yr old Fiesta and came across a three month old AT Ecosport.
Talk about coincidences, I too have a 7.5 year old 2009 Fiesta, was looking at various options and was convinced by a friend to try to Ecosport AT. I bought a 2 year old pre-owned clean one with just 13000 km on the odo at a very good price.

Its very early days and I do miss the response of the 1.6 engine of the Fiesta, which is unparalleled in that price bracket even to this day. But the brief time in stop and go traffic convinced me that this is something I will grow to love over the longer term
Old 26th March 2017, 21:30   #47
BHPian

Re: A Diamond White Ford EcoSport Automatic joins the family - Case of 4th time lucky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganm View Post
Talk about coincidences, I too have a 7.5 year old 2009 Fiesta.... But the brief time in stop and go traffic convinced me that this is something I will grow to love over the longer term
Congratulations and welcome to Ecosport AT club, apart from the hard suspension and slow gear change in 1/2 gears, I definitely love this car. I drove Chennai to Coimbatore in 5.5 hrs nonstop and family members did not complain a bit as the ride was comfortable. My city mileage is around 11.5, highways managed around 15. This is one car which is extremely sensitive to A pedal and you can see the difference in mileage immediately. Enjoy your drive and wish you happy miles.
Old 20th August 2018, 18:25   #48
BHPian

Just finished a 1100 km trip to Kodaikanal in my EcoSport. It was the first long trip with family. Overall, a very positive experience

What I liked
- absolutely Rock steady at high speeds, went up to 140 once but mostly between 100-110. Suspension was beautiful and didn't feel any undue shaking that happens in softly sprung car
- the auto was a real boon, in fact my left leg cramped a bit because it was just still without being used
- the real surprise was how useful the auto was in the hills. Initially I was in D mode and it was struggling to climb as it always moved to high gear. I then moved to S mode and using the button shifters, was effortlessly able to manage the gears, changes took fraction of second instead of a couple of seconds in manual
- overall economy was around 11 due to ultra high speed driving and climbing

E what I didn't like
- starts and ends with space. No complaints at front but kids found the seat cramped. On longer drives, they like to sleep, both could do in Fiesta, here just not possible
- likewise with storage, we somehow managed for 4 days but could've really used an extra foot in the back

Overall, I think if it was a creta size car, would be ideal for us. Maybe the ideal vehicle for me is... An auto creta😀

Incidentally this was my first long trip after almost 18 months of ownership. I've only driven around 7000 km in this time due to the atrocious and rapidly deteriorating traffic situation in Bangalore. While I appreciate the convenience, the fact that I save almost an hour in my daily commute with A2 wheeler makes me leave the car at home most days

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 21st August 2018 at 15:02. Reason: back to back posts merged.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks