Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2016, 13:46   #46
BHPian

Re: Artemis, the goddess of the hunt: VW Jetta MK6 Comfortline TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post
I seriously want that HU on my Vento. I have RCD-320 right now, and as per @Gannu_1's threads it will be simple swap just like RCD-510. I just need quadlock connector.

Can you tell us what's the major difference between yours HU and RCD-330G? I guess if it comes with Apple CarPlay, then it's worth every penny. Can you provide more pictures of your HU please. And if possible, pictures of backside and upperside of HU will be very helpful (to check manufacturer and connectors).

I wonder why VW India is still showing RCD-510 as Jetta's HU on their website.
You would definitely see a good amount of difference in resolution and touch screen quality with the MIB II. And it has the App Connect built in. This typically offers Carplay / Mirrorlink / Android Auto. But in India it's currently locked. So are the voice connect features.

Coming to the system itself, interface is good, plays any audio file thrown at it, and has good bass. I have provided pictures of the interface in my first port.
As far as taking it out, I don't think I'm technologically adept to do it. :(

The brochure on the VW site is old and not updated. It's dated Feb 2015. After this there have been several changes like the new HU, 8 speakers even on the CL, shark fin antenna even on the CL etc.

Last edited by bharat4ever : 13th June 2016 at 13:48.
bharat4ever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2016, 14:16   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
You would definitely see a good amount of difference in resolution and touch screen quality with the MIB II. And it has the App Connect built in. This typically offers Carplay / Mirrorlink / Android Auto. But in India it's currently locked. So are the voice connect features.

Coming to the system itself, interface is good, plays any audio file thrown at it, and has good bass. I have provided pictures of the interface in my first port.
As far as taking it out, I don't think I'm technologically adept to do it. :(

The brochure on the VW site is old and not updated. It's dated Feb 2015. After this there have been several changes like the new HU, 8 speakers even on the CL, shark fin antenna even on the CL etc.
That's great. You got sweet deal on your Jetta and you got some Highline variant features as well. Congratulations.

Yes MIB-II is refreshed HU with latest features available. I don't know why they have locked App Connect in India. Does yours come with reverse camera?

Taking it out is no brainer and pretty simple. you may check this link for a reference. It's ok don't bother if you haven't done anything like this before.
Old 13th June 2016, 14:27   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post
That's great. You got sweet deal on your Jetta and you got some Highline variant features as well. Congratulations.

Yes MIB-II is refreshed HU with latest features available. I don't know why they have locked App Connect in India. Does yours come with reverse camera?

Taking it out is no brainer and pretty simple. you may check this link for a reference. It's ok don't bother if you haven't done anything like this before.
Thank you. I did get a sweet deal. It's a 2015 model which I got at a pre-budget price.

They've locked Appconnect due to some Carplay licensing issues I guess. Carplay is still not officially available in India, but I am not sure how Baleno uses it.

And no, no reverse camera.
bharat4ever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 10:37   #49
BHPian

Over the years, I have had cabbies driving me nuts in peak hour traffic, especially with their nonsense lane changes, high beam antics (whether it be on the opposite lane, or in your RVMs). Because I live in this hell-hole called Bangalore, it was only worse.
I learnt to ignore them, I learnt to be more patient.

But now........now, I have a secret weapon. My Jetta. Or my Jetta's automatic headlamps to be more precise. Why? Allow me to explain.

As I had mentioned earlier, the light sensor is way too sensitive. The lights come on around 5 30 PM in the evening.
Now, this drives the cabbies driving on the opposite lane nuts. They have this OCD to flash their lights at you, to tell you that your lights are on. I just smile and wave when they do that.
At one point in time, I was entering my office, when a stream of cabbies were leaving for their scheduled drop off. FOUR consecutive cabbies flashed their lights at me.
I never figured out that getting in their skin will be so easy. I don't need to do anything at all.
Old 27th June 2016, 14:00   #50
BHPian

Everytime a valet or someone else changes the settings on the driver's seat, I find it incredibly difficult to get back my ideal position right.
This time I thought it was right, but then had a great deal of pain on my right leg after a drive to Mysore.

Anyone has any tips and tricks to get the right position easily?
Old 27th June 2016, 14:07   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Everytime a valet or someone else changes the settings on the driver's seat, I find it incredibly difficult to get back my ideal position right.
This time I thought it was right, but then had a great deal of pain on my right leg after a drive to Mysore.

Anyone has any tips and tricks to get the right position easily?
Same issue with me too, And hence i actually try and park the car wherever its possible, 12 Way adjustable seat without memory seat is a nightmare, On the other hand its pretty easy to get the driving position right in my 6 Way adjustable seat in the Xuv 500.
Old 21st July 2016, 18:31   #52
BHPian

Today I got a lesson how how the extraordinary brakes can be a deterrent to motorists behind.
Was in bumper to bumper traffic when a learner driver in front of me decided to brake suddenly. I braked in time but a biker behind me couldn't.
Heard that sickening thud you get when someone hits your car from behind. I couldn't get down to inspect the damage and decided to keep going home.
Thanks to the good build quality it wasn't major. Hope some good rubbing polish will get rid of the marks.

Bruised, but not broken.

Artemis, the goddess of the hunt: VW Jetta MK6 Comfortline TDI-imageuploadedbyteambhp1469106022.684893.jpg
Old 21st July 2016, 21:57   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Today I got a lesson how how the extraordinary brakes can be a deterrent to motorists behind.
Was in bumper to bumper traffic when a learner driver in front of me decided to brake suddenly. I braked in time but a biker behind me couldn't.
Heard that sickening thud you get when someone hits your car from behind. I couldn't get down to inspect the damage and decided to keep going home.
Thanks to the good build quality it wasn't major. Hope some good rubbing polish will get rid of the marks.

Bruised, but not broken.
Don't worry, That would go off with a light rubbing, I have always had such situations several times, Always got away with minor nicks and jetta's built quality, Its sad to know that we can mostly stop on time but what about the car at the rear?
Old 21st July 2016, 22:21   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hope some good rubbing polish will get rid of the marks.
This is one of those few times where the words "That'll buff right out" is actually true!

Looks mostly like paint from the other vehicle has transferred so your paint underneath should be fine.
Old 26th July 2016, 10:04   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Don't worry, That would go off with a light rubbing, I have always had such situations several times, Always got away with minor nicks and jetta's built quality, Its sad to know that we can mostly stop on time but what about the car at the rear?
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
This is one of those few times where the words "That'll buff right out" is actually true!

Looks mostly like paint from the other vehicle has transferred so your paint underneath should be fine.
Got the scratches out with Formula 1 scratch remover. Thanks for the well wishes

Also, I've started this random habit of a small "hello" honk at other Jetta owners. Several don't return the compliment but there's a White Jetta around Koramangala who returns it. Nice way to keep you upbeat through the day.

And, Are the bottoms of the cup holders cooled? I am pretty sure they are, but I couldd'nt find any mention in the manual.
Or God forbid, is the AC line to the rear AC vents leaking in my car?
Old 26th July 2016, 19:40   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are the bottoms of the cup holders cooled? I am pretty sure they are, but I couldd'nt find any mention in the manual.
Or God forbid, is the AC line to the rear AC vents leaking in my car?
Surely its not cooled, Is the rear AC blowing enough air ? Get it checked, Good to know the scratches went away.
Old 26th July 2016, 19:51   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Surely its not cooled, Is the rear AC blowing enough air ? Get it checked, Good to know the scratches went away.

The rear ac vent isn't that powerful. I'll get it checked.
Old 4th August 2016, 18:49   #58
Senior - BHPian

Belated congratulations. Your fantastic detailed and honest review enabled me to finish my visit to the showroom much easier. I knew Jetta was the car that could replace Cedia.
Few questions: It comes with heat rejecting green glass on windows and rear windscreen. Did you go for sun control films?
Second Q: 5th and 4th gear have same gear ratio. How do you use those? Do you go 4-5-6 or you jump 4-6? 6th is the negative ratio gear and cruising gear. So 4 and 5 are a bit confusing. Can you give your experience?
Old 5th August 2016, 02:10   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The rear ac vent isn't that powerful. I'll get it checked.
There is no point dude. They are HORRIBLE!! Your car's rear vents are working just as good as my or anybody else' Jetta. Just that they aren't very good anyway
Old 5th August 2016, 13:49   #60
BHPian

This is one of those models whose design will look relevant even 10-20 years down the line. Glad you didnt go for the new wave of shoe-shaped cars like the Ecosport and Duster.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks