Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2017, 20:40   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Artemis, the goddess of the hunt: VW Jetta MK6 Comfortline TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Its the same with me, Couple of rattles from the left front door, Decided to live with it, Since the last time they tried to fix it, They screwed up the wiring for the window switch!
Here's a tip for both of you.

Pry open the reflector at the bottom of the door and look for a loose bush or a grommet kind of a thing which is actually the door clip. The door clip fell off inside the door pad and was thus bouncing in there in our Jetta.

I removed the reflector and the clip just fell out of the door. End of rattles and the car was as silent as we bought it when it was new. The dealer will always try to take shortcuts by spraying some lubrication but it wont work.

On a related note, the dealer tried to pry of the trim around the window switch and left a nasty ding in the plastic. Don't trust the dealer.

Regards,
Vishy76

Last edited by vishy76 : 8th February 2017 at 20:42.
Old 27th March 2017, 10:34   #92
BHPian

Imagine my surprise when I see my rear view mirrors getting filled with something green!
On the Hassan - Bangalore highway.
bharat4ever is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2017, 13:31   #93
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Imagine my surprise when I see my rear view mirrors getting filled with something green!
On the Hassan - Bangalore highway.
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=AWKYZ0Zvk1k
Not able to see the video. You will have to set the privacy to either public or unlisted.
Old 27th March 2017, 13:53   #94
BHPian

How about now? Sorry about the mishap.
bharat4ever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 10:40   #95
BHPian

Finally activated App Connect to enable Carplay, Android Auto, Mirrorlink and Voice Commands. Asked them to order the parts end of March, and finally got the installation after a whole 2 months

All said and done, I find the implementation of Android Auto very well done, and is smooth as butter. I have not tried out Carplay yet.
Mirrorlink requires Samsung CarMode on my S7 edge, and does not provide any more features compared to Android Auto.
There is a workaround to enable all apps to use waze, or sygic etc, but it's hit and go, and does not work as well as it should. I tried video as well, but it stutters a bit. (not while driving)

That being said, Android Auto with Google maps, and Google Play Music is all that I need, and I am satisfied overall.

Some Screenshots.
Artemis, the goddess of the hunt: VW Jetta MK6 Comfortline TDI-ekledhg.jpg

Artemis, the goddess of the hunt: VW Jetta MK6 Comfortline TDI-czhxbci.jpg

Artemis, the goddess of the hunt: VW Jetta MK6 Comfortline TDI-jyk2qb1.jpg

Artemis, the goddess of the hunt: VW Jetta MK6 Comfortline TDI-t2fajeq.jpg

Artemis, the goddess of the hunt: VW Jetta MK6 Comfortline TDI-alwlaal.jpg

Artemis, the goddess of the hunt: VW Jetta MK6 Comfortline TDI-nobtz1n.jpg

Artemis, the goddess of the hunt: VW Jetta MK6 Comfortline TDI-9nznx8a.jpg

Artemis, the goddess of the hunt: VW Jetta MK6 Comfortline TDI-rcf7txr.jpg

Artemis, the goddess of the hunt: VW Jetta MK6 Comfortline TDI-g2vsi3z.jpg

Long press on the Voice commands button on the steering wheel activates google voice.
Artemis, the goddess of the hunt: VW Jetta MK6 Comfortline TDI-arp5kuf.jpg
bharat4ever is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2017, 20:30   #96
BHPian

Hi Bharath, you said you ordered parts... what exactly and from where ? I'm also very keen on getting Apple CarPlay...!
Old 22nd July 2017, 16:15   #97
Senior - BHPian

Hey Bharat - Looks like you've been enjoying your car.

I have the same model CL TDI, albeit the 2014 one. Thus I have to do with a horribly basic RCD320 music system, which I now plan to upgrade. Do you have ideas on where to procure one from at reasonable price? (AliExpress, but some specific links etc will help). Also, I'd love to get more details about what components did it take to unlock AppConnect plz..

Keep rocking!
Abhishek
Old 22nd July 2017, 16:24   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Hey Bharat - Looks like you've been enjoying your car.

I have the same model CL TDI, albeit the 2014 one. Thus I have to do with a horribly basic RCD320 music system, which I now plan to upgrade. Do you have ideas on where to procure one from at reasonable price? (AliExpress, but some specific links etc will help). Also, I'd love to get more details about what components did it take to unlock AppConnect plz..

Keep rocking!
Abhishek
Hi,

I do have an answer to your question since I too have a 2014 Comfortline. Unfortunately, my HU is even more basic since my car is a Feb manufactured one. No USB or bluetooth too.

Either ways, I have researched a lot, and found many alternatives for VAG cars. I will list some of them now:

RCD 510 - This HU is a bit outdated right now. No apple carplay available either. Even the touchscreen feels small now.

RCD 330 - This is the most desirable option IMHO. I have found a product which enables carplay as well. Perfect for VW and Skoda. Here's a link:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-...2-9597c09e93c9

You can also look at other options such as the Dynavin or Blaupunkt for instance, but they are too costly and not worth the money paid.

Do note that you will need a separate wiring harness since the 330 has different pinouts. This harness can be found on aliexpress or ordered from vagtune.

Last edited by vishy76 : 22nd July 2017 at 16:29.
Old 23rd July 2017, 13:03   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
Hi,

I do have an answer to your question since I too have a 2014 Comfortline. Unfortunately, my HU is even more basic since my car is a Feb manufactured one. No USB or bluetooth too.

Either ways, I have researched a lot, and found many alternatives for VAG cars. I will list some of them now:

RCD 510 - This HU is a bit outdated right now. No apple carplay available either. Even the touchscreen feels small now.

RCD 330 - This is the most desirable option IMHO. I have found a product which enables carplay as well. Perfect for VW and Skoda. Here's a link:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-...2-9597c09e93c9

You can also look at other options such as the Dynavin or Blaupunkt for instance, but they are too costly and not worth the money paid.

Do note that you will need a separate wiring harness since the 330 has different pinouts. This harness can be found on aliexpress or ordered from vagtune.
Thanks for the reply. This seems very similar to what I am looking for. However, why does the Aliexpress RCD 330 look different from the OEM one? For e.g it has 3 buttons on each side, out of which one is non functional, while the VW OEM one has 4 on either side?

Do you guys know which company is the manufacturer of the OEM VW RCD 330 plz? I am pretty certain I saw a few Bosch ones a while ago but am unable to find one now...

Any further inputs guys? I am looking to buy something quickly.

MODS: Can you please move the above HU related posts to the Jetta test drive thread? It is a discussion that can be contributed to by all Jetta owners. I don't want to move it to ICE section as it'll become obscure

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 23rd July 2017 at 13:04.
Old 22nd August 2021, 20:14   #100

[quote=bharat4ever;4061907]

2. Cupholder getting cold (rear AC vent leak?)

Hi Bharat - I bought a 2015 highline DSG last month and went on my first highway outing with family. My wife also complained about the rear AC. I owned a 2014 Skoda Rapid TDI before this and as per her rear ac was much better on rapid compared to Jetta :-(

Did you have any luck with this issue?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks