Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2016, 11:04   #46
BHPian

Re: Our 2016 Glistening Grey Maruti WagonR VXi - Waggy® meets Dizzy®

Whoa. what a detailed review. took me atleast 5 sittings to read through and look at all the pictures. rating it a well deserved 5 stars. I doubt even the Maruti guys might not know about some of the features you have put in . Hope you have many miles of joy with the new one. Its a wonderful tall boy stance vehicle.
Speaking of tall boys segment - Having driven the Wagon R and the old Santro, would still have voted for the Santro if it was around. We are still driving our 2000 model Santro and its holding up very well.
Happy motoring.
FuelInjector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 20:37   #47
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

More updates..
Milestones:
First (mini) milestone - 500Km (Week 3 in Mid-April)
Our 2016 Glistening Grey Maruti WagonR VXi - Waggy® meets Dizzy®-mini-milestone-500km.jpg

1000Km Milestone (after first service, Early May)
Our 2016 Glistening Grey Maruti WagonR VXi - Waggy® meets Dizzy®-1k-km-milestone.jpg

Fuel Efficiency:
On the next Tank full of petrol, the FE calculated was 10.5Kmpl, largely due to city driving conditions in bumper-to-bumper Bangalore traffic and AC usage almost always due to the summer.

RC Smart Card:
Had missed this update earlier.
Received the Smart Card on March 30; less than a week after registration!

Last edited by ampere : 17th May 2016 at 11:57. Reason: As requested
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 20:56   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post

Fuel Efficiency:
On the next Tank full of petrol, the mileage calculated was 10.5Kmpl, largely due to city driving conditions in bumper-to-bumper Bangalore traffic and AC usage almost always due to the summer.:
Well i guess now my worry is gone. I am getting the same mileage too and I thought something is wrong with my car. I used to get hardly 11 though my morning drive was on free roads. On the recent tankful I cleaned the air filter and adopted a really sedate driving style Now I have covered 240kms and the fuel guage is one bar above half. Guess it has increased FE. Before I used to hardly get 330kms to blink.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 18:17   #49
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

A mini update on FE.
Fuel Efficiency:
On the last tank full, FE calculated was 10.5 Kmpl (again!) in city traffic conditions with heavy traffic and AC on almost always.

Waggy® has now clocked 1650 Km on the Odo in a little more than 2 months.

With the school academic year kicking off, regular weekday usage is not going to be more than 10Km a day, so hoping to take the car on a few short highway runs when we find time, idea is to clock more miles during the warranty period to be in line with service interval limits. Waggy® is also our first choice now on weekend drives within the city.
Old 7th June 2016, 18:38   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
A mini update on FE.
Fuel Efficiency:
On the last tank full, FE calculated was 10.5 Kmpl (again!) in city traffic conditions with heavy traffic and AC on almost always.
The worst FE that I have got till date was 12.8kmpl and even that was with 100% AC, 100% city. My last all city run returned 13.7kmpl which included more than 1hr of idling with AC on, throughout the tankful. I feel it will open up further and should return more than 12 at least, even in Bangalore traffic.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2016, 19:57   #51
BHPian

With July, I am getting the following discounts -

Celerio AMT - 25K
Wagon R AMT - 30K
Alto K10 AMT - 30K

With above, I would be narrowing down one of the following -

1. Alto K10 VXi(O) AMT – Glistening Grey
2. Celerio Zxi AMT – Glistening Grey
3. Wagon R VXi (O) AMT - Glistening Grey

The only reason I am tilting towards Celerio is because it is fresh and new. For Wagon R, I am thinking that Maruti would drop this model in very near future(though read somewhere that diesel engine option is on its way- not sure) - the same boxy design have been dragging on for many years now.

Off topic, no official team-bhp review on AMT version of Wagon R ?
Old 6th July 2016, 20:23   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
. For Wagon R, I am thinking that Maruti would drop this model in very near future(though read somewhere that diesel engine option is on its way- not sure) - the same boxy design have been dragging on for many years now.
This should be the least of your worries. WagonR is one of the most successful Maruti's till date, and is still a best seller for Maruti. Maruti won't pull the plug unless it stops selling. Remember, the age old Omni is still on sale, and Maruti is happily producing it because it sells in good numbers.

If I am concerned, WagonR is a much better car than Celerio, specially because of its rear seats. The rear seats of the celerio are useless for adults. Rest everything is more or less same in both the cars.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 6th July 2016 at 20:24.
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th August 2016, 15:19   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the purchase, NPV.

Had started to read your review when it came online, however was not able to finish the same since was bit busy in between. Today got time to go through the entire thread again.

Can relate to the dilemna of going for a second car, we wanted to get an automatic which will replace our Alto for city drives. However, after consideration of all models and pricing decided to keep using Alto as of now.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2016, 16:01   #54
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
1. Alto K10 VXi(O) AMT – Glistening Grey
2. Celerio Zxi AMT – Glistening Grey
3. Wagon R VXi (O) AMT - Glistening Grey

The only reason I am tilting towards Celerio is because it is fresh and new. For Wagon R, I am thinking that Maruti would drop this model in very near future(though read somewhere that diesel engine option is on its way- not sure) - the same boxy design have been dragging on for many years now.
Sorry, seeing your post very late.
I wouldn't be worried about the WagonR going off the production line in the immediate future, seems quite far fetched.
Celerio is not as comfortable in the rear bench, so the WagonR may still be a good choice and it has good space all around with almost similar dimensions!

I personally feel the Alto's seating is a tad low and the rear bench a bit cramped like the Celerio.

Boxy design apart, the car is still comfortable for the driver and passengers. If you're looking for city usage, do check out the AMT as well on the WagonR.
Old 8th August 2016, 18:11   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, seeing your post very late.
I wouldn't be worried about the WagonR going off the production line in the immediate future, seems quite far fetched.
Celerio is not as comfortable in the rear bench, so the WagonR may still be a good choice and it has good space all around with almost similar dimensions!

I personally feel the Alto's seating is a tad low and the rear bench a bit cramped like the Celerio.

Boxy design apart, the car is still comfortable for the driver and passengers. If you're looking for city usage, do check out the AMT as well on the WagonR.
And you are indeed late in replying!! I took delivery of Celerio ZXI Optional AMT last Friday.
Finally, all specs aside, in the end wife's choice ruled as she is the one who will be primarily driving it.
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2016, 10:16   #56
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I took delivery of Celerio ZXI Optional AMT last Friday.
Finally, all specs aside, in the end wife's choice ruled as she is the one who will be primarily driving it.
Congratulations on the new acquisition Wising you'll miles of drives with smiles! Hope you will post an ownership review soon.

In our case as well, it was wifey's choice that mattered so we went with the WagonR
Old 22nd August 2016, 10:29   #57
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Updates
Fuel Efficiency:Seems to be going up on the last 3 tank fulls. It increased to 11 Kmpl and then to 11.5 Kmpl before an all-time high of 18 Kmpl on a highway trip recently.

Odometer:Crossed the 3000 Km mark recently, hoping to take it closer to the 5000 Km mark before the next free service deadline.

Sathyamangalam trip:
Since the car was doing only city runs mostly, decided to take it on a short trip to Sathyamangalam recently. Had to accompany a friend on some work.

We took the Bangalore-Thoppur-Mecheri-Mettur-Ammapettai-Anthiyur-Sathyamangalam route. Roads were fine, some with new tarmac. Just the odd roughness where culvert work has been completed recently. And a couple of bridges under construction where there is muddy track.

Waggy® was trouble-free and the drive was very comfortable. Kept to 80-90Kmph on the 4 laned roads and did not exceed 70 Kmph on the state highways, probably why FE was 18 Kmpl with AC all through the trip! There was a small 2Km detour on muddy path with stones/gravel and the car traversed this with ease.

Stopped at the new Sai Sangeet near Thoppur toll plaza for breakfast. The place was on right side and needed a U-turn to reach there and another 2Km detour to make a U-turn to get back and was really worth it as you can see here in pictures:

Tastefully done interiors, nice ambience
Our 2016 Glistening Grey Maruti WagonR VXi - Waggy® meets Dizzy®-inside-ss.jpg

Yummy food (tried breakfast here)
Our 2016 Glistening Grey Maruti WagonR VXi - Waggy® meets Dizzy®-food.jpg

As you know, bad roads..
Our 2016 Glistening Grey Maruti WagonR VXi - Waggy® meets Dizzy®-road.jpg

Lead to great destinations
Our 2016 Glistening Grey Maruti WagonR VXi - Waggy® meets Dizzy®-hills.jpg

Last edited by NPV : 22nd August 2016 at 10:47.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 11:44   #58
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Weekend project:
As I'd mentioned earlier, when cleaning the car, removing the rubber floor mat (MGA) is very difficult as its a single piece integrated mat that wraps around the front of the center console. If there's dust/dirt on the mats, you will end up scattering it all over the car when trying to remove it

Checked with a MASS dealer during my recent visit for Dizzy's service and they did not have the MGA mats (individual piece 4 mats set) in stock, so decided to give it a shot with a simple DIY job of altering the existing mat.

Rear carpet area for rubber mats - here, the integrated rear mats fits snugly and is not difficult to remove as it wraps behind the center parking brake console. This mat also covers the space below the front seats, so retained the rear integrated rubber mat as-is
Our 2016 Glistening Grey Maruti WagonR VXi - Waggy® meets Dizzy®-1-rear-mat-space.jpg

Front carpet area for rubber mats - here, the integrated mat does not fit snugly and is very difficult to remove as it wraps in front of the center console (cup holder). This needs some modification.
Our 2016 Glistening Grey Maruti WagonR VXi - Waggy® meets Dizzy®-2-front-mat-space.jpg

Integrated Front Rubber Mat (MGA)
Good thing about these is that it also covers the tapered portion below the center console forming a kind of "trough" so the carpet in that portion does not easily get soiled.
Our 2016 Glistening Grey Maruti WagonR VXi - Waggy® meets Dizzy®-3-integrated-front-mat.jpg

Front Integrated Mat - cut in the middle with a Craft Knife
These did fit but were a bit difficult to place and remove, so...
Our 2016 Glistening Grey Maruti WagonR VXi - Waggy® meets Dizzy®-4-mat-cut.jpg

Using a heavy-duty scissor, gave it a designer cut
It now fits snugly and is easy to remove individually.
Our 2016 Glistening Grey Maruti WagonR VXi - Waggy® meets Dizzy®-5-mat-desinger-cut.jpg

Last edited by Eddy : 12th September 2016 at 15:41. Reason: As requested
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 11:57   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As I'd mentioned earlier, when cleaning the car, removing the rubber floor mat (MGA) is very difficult as its a single piece integrated mat that wraps around the front of the center console. If there's dust/dirt on the mats, you will end up scattering it all over the car when trying to remove it
I have the exact same mat in my car, so can relate to what you say. I finally ended up wiping the mat with a damp cloth to remove the dirt / mud / grit / dust due to this very same reason.
longhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2016, 15:09   #60
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Second Free Service/Inspection Update:
An experience very similar to the first free service.

Booked an appointment for 8:30am at Pratham, Queens Road for the service.
I reached the place around 8:20am and the job card was done pretty quickly, only asked to:
1. Fix a Cabin Air (AC) Filter

Odometer was at 3500Km, haven't been able to take it on longer drives to get closer to the 5000Km mark at the second service.

I decided to wait at their Customer lounge and pick up the car when ready, was promised a 12pm delivery.

The second free inspection is really that - a complete inspection with some adjustments if necessary and no oil change, filter replacement, etc.
I got delivery of the car at 1:10pm and no guesses for what took more than 2.5 hours out of the total 4.5 hours - yes, cleaning and water wash took away most of the time!

Total cost:Rs.350 for Cabin Air Filter (no other charges for service/consumables/labour, etc)

Cabin Air Filter Part Number : 990J0M67LS0-010

The cabin air filter slot had a lid/press type panel so there was no need for any cutting of the plastic panel. However, to access the filter easily, the plastic panel on top which is the inner/top panel of the glove box needs to be removed using the Push-type Button Clips on either side. Here's a picture after the filter was fixed.
Name:  Cabin Air Filter.png
Views: 1747
Size:  710.1 KB

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks