Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2016, 09:02   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Our 2016 Glistening Grey Maruti WagonR VXi - Waggy® meets Dizzy®

Congratulations on your new car! Drive safe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
With this decision, we had to compromise on our requirement #5 (Safety - Airbags and ABS).

After all, life is all about sacrifices and compromises
Life is indeed all about sacrifices and compromises, but it is also about learning to be patient in waiting for the right things. I wish you had waited a few months and gotten yourself a VXi (O).
Viju is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 14:28   #17
BHPian

Re: Our 2016 Glistening Grey Maruti WagonR VXi - Waggy® meets Dizzy®

Hello NPV, congragulations

Excellent review and a very detailed one too. Especially loved the way you demonstrated storage spaces with different sized bottles. Wagon R is indeed a great car which comes with bullet proof long term reliability and excellent service support from Maruthi ( it makes a huge difference when compared to the other option you have mentioned ie Kwid). People like you are making it difficult for guys like me to pen down an ownership report;gone are the days when you can just scribble something and post a few pictures.

PS: please share the cost of the Garmin GPS set up you have in your car.

Regards
DrANTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 14:33   #18
BHPian

The buying experience reminds me of my buying process in 2014, where I waited for 4 months for the ABS version of Wagon R and in the end bought Celerio. Still nothing had changed with Bangalore Maruti dealers.
Happy miles ahead! Have a great ownership with this practical small car!
commonman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 14:58   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on buying the WagonR. The car is best tractable when not loaded. Once you load the car with people, it kind of gets frustrating. Especially because of the taller second gear compared to the first. But as a city runabout, I guess its very good.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 16:12   #20
BHPian

Congratulations on your new WagonR!!
I hope this is the VXI(O) variant. I was in the market for something on the same lines but wasn't able to put in this kind of money (~5.7 lacs) on a WagonR. The safety feature spec also was a good 4-6 month wait as I was told.
For the kind of use you are looking for, this is the perfect vehicle. We have this in our family as well.

A nice little car with lots of room!
adneeraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 17:57   #21
BHPian

That's a very sweet sketch by your child NPV. Very cute WagonR. Secondly heartiest congratulations on your new purchase, I wish you and your family many happy and precious moments with Waggy.
A very helpful review, especially for me as I have also been doing some hunting around for cars within the same range.
pduttaghy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 18:24   #22
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
If you need a bigger IRVM them you'll have to go aftermarket like I have gone in my Swift. Get a Auto dimming IRVM it works well, it's reliable and is tad larger on size than OEM. You can check my DIY Replacement thread for further details.
Thanks Anurag.
Will think it over and decide, I looked at Mapmyindia Smart Mirror 100 (Rs.12,000) but felt it's an overkill and do not intend to spend so much.
How is SpeedWav ? They seem to have 7" Rear View Mirror Screen+Rear View Camera for the WagonR for around Rs.4250 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Wow, a very detailed (Dare I say - as detailed as the official review) review - you have certainly left no stones unturned and this should be rechristened to 'The definitive guide to Wagon R'.

Wishing you and your wife lots of happy miles.
Thanks Anoop!
'The definitive guide to Wagon R' - really ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
Life is indeed all about sacrifices and compromises, but it is also about learning to be patient in waiting for the right things. I wish you had waited a few months and gotten yourself a VXi (O).
Thanks.
I will not justify the compromise we made by deciding to go without ABS and airbags but the real concern was the ambiguity around how long the booking would take. None of the dealers were ready to commit or even give us a confident estimate of waiting time. We needed the car by end of March, so had to bite the bullet. Read up @Rajeevraj's thread on the Maruti dealerships not encouraging potential customers to go with the (O) variants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrANTO View Post
Hello NPV, congragulations

Excellent review and a very detailed one too. Especially loved the way you demonstrated storage spaces with different sized bottles. ...

People like you are making it difficult for guys like me to pen down an ownership report;gone are the days when you can just scribble something and post a few pictures.

PS: please share the cost of the Garmin GPS set up you have in your car.
Thanks.
The intent of my review was only to share as many details as possible so that others can make an informed decision when considering the WagonR. A very honest one with our own opinions. Of course, shorter reviews focusing of fewer aspects can be written, even a pictorial one if one so wishes to but I'm sure just scribbling something does not benefit anyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by commonman View Post
The buying experience reminds me of my buying process in 2014, where I waited for 4 months for the ABS version of Wagon R and in the end bought Celerio. Still nothing had changed with Bangalore Maruti dealers.
Thanks.
Yes, the dealers are not helping the customers who really want those (O) variants. Many decide to upgrade to another car that has ABS+airbags or just drop it, like we did because of the immediate need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Congratulations on buying the WagonR. The car is best tractable when not loaded. Once you load the car with people, it kind of gets frustrating. Especially because of the taller second gear compared to the first. But as a city runabout, I guess its very good.
Thanks.
As a Wagon R owner yourself, you know better. But so far, in the couple of longish 2 lane and 6/8 lane highway drives we have taken (with 3 people on board and keeping to speeds tad under 70kmph), we did not feel that the car is under powered, of course there was no luggage in the boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by adneeraj View Post
Congratulations on your new WagonR!!
I hope this is the VXI(O) variant.
Thanks.
We could not get the (O) variant due to long (undefined!) waiting periods and got the VXi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pduttaghy View Post
That's a very sweet sketch by your child NPV. Very cute WagonR. Secondly heartiest congratulations on your new purchase, I wish you and your family many happy and precious moments with Waggy.
A very helpful review, especially for me as I have also been doing some hunting around for cars within the same range.
Thanks.
Please reach out if you need any help at all regarding questions about the car, even if I'm unable to answer them, there are lots of experts around on the forum who can answer.

Last edited by NPV : 19th April 2016 at 18:34.
NPV is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 18:45   #23
BHPian

Heartiest Congratulations, NPV.

Just a heads-up on the rear parcel tray; Be careful with it. The thing slams onto your arm pretty hard. It feels as though the tray hates you for some reason.
Secondly, when holding the steering wheel, the left hand goes numb because of the air-flow from the vent. The only way to avoid this is by holding the steering Vin Diesel style
satrikon_454 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 19:24   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new ride, NPV.

As always crisp, informational, in depth analysis about the product before you lay hands on it. The first I had experienced on your White Pearl.

Wish you and your family happy miles ahead.
unk9ja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 19:28   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Thanks Anurag.
Will think it over and decide, I looked at Mapmyindia Smart Mirror 100 (Rs.12,000) but felt it's an overkill and do not intend to spend so much.
How is SpeedWav ? They seem to have 7" Rear View Mirror Screen+Rear View Camera for the WagonR for around Rs.4250 ?
Not sure of that company. No experience at all. Don't want to give you false hopes on it.

I have used the Auto Dimming IRVM for a while (6 months and 20,000 kms), I am sure of it's working and reliability. Hence suggest you to look at that. That seller has reverse cam included in the IRVM too. Do check the store.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 22:29   #26
BHPian

Hey NPV,
That is one excellent ownership review of one the most popular car in Indian automotive history. Many congratulations on owning this car. This is one car which ticks most of the boxes when one is considering it for daily commute. This car has aged well and is still selling in great numbers. I am also considering this for my wifey and should also serve as my second ride.

Wishing you many more happy times with your Waggy!
anuragbagur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2016, 01:13   #27
BHPian

Wow, that's an excellently detailed ownership review and buying experience. Hope you have a wonderful time with it, given how reliable Wagon R is, I am sure you shall have that.

A couple of questions though. Eon 1.0 Magna+ got Driver Airbags in March. I am not sure if it was announced before your purchase decision. Also, did Tiago feature anywhere during your purchase decision?
autorahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2016, 09:40   #28
BHPian

This is an excellent review. Almost made me feel like I was reading the official review.

Congratulations on your ride. Wagon R is a wonderful vehicle and if taken care it can last long - several years and easily 2,00,000 kms. My elder brother used to own one for several years. He had done Gurgaon to Hyderabad and back besides a number of other stations he was posted in across the country.

Keep the tread updated.

Cheers
Rajain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2016, 10:38   #29
BHPian

Nice review and highlights a lot of practical issues from an ownership perspective.

Wagon R has been a stock-car in our family and is very reliable. With wife having a Nano, which feels severely insufficient on the gurgaon - sorry.. Gurugram! - Expressway, we are looking at going back to Maruti for her.

Also, I think with the super-light clutch and steering, the manual transmission would be good enough if one is not comfortable with AMT.
shekatkar31 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2016, 11:40   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

If you need a spacious, comfortable 4 seater car where you can walk into, then WagonR is for you (just forget you have a boot, fold the seats whenever required). It's quite fuel efficient, and keep it in the right gears and the car shoots well too. BTW, the k10 engine loves to be revved and sounds almost like a jet engine around the 4k rpm onwards. Just be careful around the corners and under hard braking. The brakes feel inadequate and tend to lock up.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks