Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2016, 16:09   #16
BHPian

Re: My new orange companion: Honda Jazz V MT Petrol

Ok. I have booked Honda Jazz petrol V MT (Orchid White) and will get delivery next week.

To be frank I was hoping to convince my wife and daughter for Dzire Zxi but since we have Swift for last 10 years, they simply dont want one more Swift (my argument that it is Dzire goes unnoticed !!)

Now, I have to compromise on few things. Most painful will be pulling power at low RPM's. I had done 3-4 TD's and each time I was unhappy with the power. But barring that, I am getting refined engine (slightly better than Swift) + better fuel efficiency than my old Swift (may be)

Let's see !
Old 24th August 2016, 16:14   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhaybakshi View Post
Ok. I have booked Honda Jazz petrol V MT (Orchid White) and will get delivery next week.
Congratulations!

Quote:
Now, I have to compromise on few things. Most painful will be pulling power at low RPM's. I had done 3-4 TD's and each time I was unhappy with the power. But barring that, I am getting refined engine (slightly better than Swift) + better fuel efficiency than my old Swift (may be)

Let's see !
Indeed. Takes some time to get used to the rather unhappy low end performance. But the peace you get driving this thing sort of compensates for it.
Plus Jazz is really great on highways! Calm and quiet cruising. Not much fuss. Takes a bit longer to get to triple digits speeds but does it well.
Old 24th August 2016, 16:18   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Congratulations!

Indeed. Takes some time to get used to the rather unhappy low end performance. But the peace you get driving this thing sort of compensates for it.
Plus Jazz is really great on highways! Calm and quiet cruising. Not much fuss. Takes a bit longer to get to triple digits speeds but does it well.
Ashish, can you please let me know if you have ever struggled on the typical mall ramps (underground parkings) with 5 adults in Jazz. I mean if you dont build momentum before ramp, does she pulls up in first gear gracefully (or you really rev it up hard)?
Old 25th August 2016, 23:05   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Ashish, can you please let me know if you have ever struggled on the typical mall ramps (underground parkings) with 5 adults in Jazz. I mean if you dont build momentum before ramp, does she pulls up in first gear gracefully (or you really rev it up hard)?
Yes, I do rev it hard. Bottom low power is low. Hence I end up revving it hard on any kind of ramps/inclines.
So I can definitely imagine a fully loaded Jazz being unwilling to go up ramps.
That's totally normal by the way. That's how stupidly the first gear was designed.
Old 27th August 2016, 21:04   #20
BHPian

Good purchase, Ashish. I too own a Honda Jazz VXMT. (same color as yours) Prime reason for taking VXMT was for the magic seats and all black interiors. Quite strange on Honda's design for the 1st gear, it is truly sluggish. Loved the comment in your review quoting James May of Top Gear, each time I revv up the car, this is exactly the feeling we get from car."Alright, then...".

The GPS offered in VXMT is also good. It helped in most of travels where I was lost for directions. Found a jugaad way to use MapMyIndia, I open GoogleMaps find the nearest location which matches and is available in my MapMyIndia phone map and then locate it in the car GPS, it kind of works well and has helped really well.

Wishing you many enjoyable drives with your new acquisition. Its totally worth it.
itzvicky201 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 06:39   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzvicky201 View Post
Good purchase, Ashish. I too own a Honda Jazz VXMT. (same color as yours) Prime reason for taking VXMT was for the magic seats and all black interiors. Quite strange on Honda's design for the 1st gear, it is truly sluggish. Loved the comment in your review quoting James May of Top Gear, each time I revv up the car, this is exactly the feeling we get from car."Alright, then...".
Yeah the gearbox is pretty weird! The first gear is just insufficient. Feels exactly like the 2nd gear in other cars would. In fact, I often thought I had accidentally slotted into 2nd in the early days! The 2nd is fairly short, the 3rd and 5th are very long gears! You could cruise all around town in 3rd and 5th without having to shift once as long as you stay above 30kmph or so!
Old 9th September 2016, 13:55   #22
BHPian

The biggest dilemma I face is when I have to slow down due to speed breaker. At that moment, I am still not sure which gear to engage. I don't feel to engage first gear because the car is still having some speed (around 10kmhr) and second gear seems weak to pull the car decently
It's early days though..only 2 days in my new Jazz and I am trying to understand the machine.

How you guys do it ?
Old 9th September 2016, 15:55   #23
BHPian

Quote:
The biggest dilemma I face is when I have to slow down due to speed breaker. At that moment, I am still not sure which gear to engage. I don't feel to engage first gear because the car is still having some speed (around 10kmhr) and second gear seems weak to pull the car decently
It's early days though..only 2 days in my new Jazz and I am trying to understand the machine.

How you guys do it ?
If I have enough momentum, I continue in the same gear. If not, downshift. 1st gear at 10kmph is still fine.
A little slowing down is well worth it.
This does take some getting used to. I kind of reconfigured my driving patterns to get habituated to the weak low end torque.
Once you get the hang of it, it'll be easier for you.
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 11:08   #24
BHPian

After a glorious run of 5 years and ~70,000km, I have parted ways with the Jazz.

I have since upgraded to an XUV300.

Most Viewed