Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2017, 14:19   #91
BANNED

Re: My Highway King - Tata Safari Storme VX Varicor 400 Nm

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_rider View Post
But still, it does not absolve the company of this blunder.
I would not blame the Co till I see the result of my proposed experiment and the workshop manual of the vehicle. In most TML vehicles, it is the service staff who do not imbibe the training imparted by the Co and take things lightly.

What does the owner's manual state?
Old 8th March 2017, 14:32   #92
BHPian

Owners' manual too says 7.5 liters. If not blunder, how would you explain every car rolling out of factory with dipstick showing more than max oil. After service I infer that my car had correct oil level from factory.
Old 8th March 2017, 19:37   #93
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_rider View Post
Owners' manual too says 7.5 liters. If not blunder, how would you explain every car rolling out of factory with dipstick showing more than max oil. After service I infer that my car had correct oil level from factory.
4-5 cars that we have here are too small a sample to conclude that "every" car is overfilled from the factory compared to 4-500 that they sell every month, conservatively.

Also, the PDI is the dealer's responsibility and hence, till I see 7.5 litres of oil measured and filled in front of me in a cold engine and that marks the dipstick above the max mark, I will still not hold TML guilty of anything.

It is simple, for me, proof is the only thing which works.
Old 9th March 2017, 10:18   #94
BHPian

Guys, sorry to come up with a really naive question here but I have been having this question for long and just wanted to know the answer from someone owning the storme.

There are two nozzle kind of fixtures on top of the third row glass. What exactly is this for?

Apologies for taking it OT though
Old 9th March 2017, 10:41   #95
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
There are two nozzle kind of fixtures on top of the third row glass. What exactly is this for?
If there is a nozzle and that too at the top, should be for the rear wash wipe function. It will let out water to help the rear wiper to clean your dirty rear windshield.
Old 9th March 2017, 11:48   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
If there is a nozzle and that too at the top, should be for the rear wash wipe function. It will let out water to help the rear wiper to clean your dirty rear windshield.
This isnt on the rear windshield and that is what baffles me. Its on the glass between the C & D pillars. Also I am not completely sure if its a nozzle to be frank but it did look like one. Attaching a pic with the area highlighted in red.

My Highway King - Tata Safari Storme VX Varicor 400 Nm-tatasafaristormeexplorereditionrearthreequarter.jpg

Source for pic

Is this something to do with air circulation/AC?
centaur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2017, 21:33   #97
BHPian

Quote:
This isnt on the rear windshield and that is what baffles me. Its on the glass between the C & D pillars. Also I am not completely sure if its a nozzle to be frank but it did look like one. Attaching a pic with the area highlighted in red.

I think it might be a cosmetic thing or may be related to the aerodynamics. Not related to the AC.

Finally changed the air filter in the storme myself. I told the service manager to get the air filter changed at 20k kms service. But they just cleaned it with pressurized air, stating air filter change is at every 40k kms interval.

Got the genuine Tata air filter from an outside spares store and swapped the old one with the new air filter. Here are the pics.
My Highway King - Tata Safari Storme VX Varicor 400 Nm-1.jpg
My Highway King - Tata Safari Storme VX Varicor 400 Nm-2.jpg
My Highway King - Tata Safari Storme VX Varicor 400 Nm-3.jpg

The FE improved after the air filter replacement. Did a 2000km trip to kerala(will post the details and pics this weekend). The Hubli-Mangalore two lane stretch was with heavy traffic and full of road construction and i got an average FE of about 12.6.

Any idea what's the thing marked in the below pic?
My Highway King - Tata Safari Storme VX Varicor 400 Nm-4.jpg
My Highway King - Tata Safari Storme VX Varicor 400 Nm-5.jpg
doc_zeus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2017, 21:35   #98
Senior - BHPian

Those holes are to tie the rope used to strap down luggage on the roof. Little known to people, the rear part of the storme's roof has a rectangular depression with ribs to secure the luggage in that area.
navpreet318 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2017, 21:59   #99
AAD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_zeus View Post
I think it might be a cosmetic thing or may be related to the aerodynamics. Not related to the AC.

Finally changed the air filter in the storme myself. I told the service manager to get the air filter changed at 20k kms service. But they just cleaned it with pressurized air, stating air filter change is at every 40k kms interval.

Got the genuine Tata air filter from an outside spares store and swapped the old one with the new air filter. Here are the pics.
Attachment 1617042
Attachment 1617043
Attachment 1617044

The FE improved after the air filter replacement. Did a 2000km trip to kerala(will post the details and pics this weekend). The Hubli-Mangalore two lane stretch was with heavy traffic and full of road construction and i got an average FE of about 12.6.

Attachment 1617045
Attachment 1617046

Looks like a switch connected to the anti theft alarm in case someone tries to open the bonnet?
AAD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2017, 23:04   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Also I am not completely sure if its a nozzle to be frank but it did look like one. Attaching a pic with the area highlighted in red.

Attachment 1616763

It is not a nozzle. This looks to be holes to tie a rope ? ( possibly ).

This question has been asked long back, - before / at launch time. But I dont think we ever found the answer to this.
Old 9th March 2017, 23:21   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Those holes are to tie the rope used to strap down luggage on the roof. Little known to people, the rear part of the storme's roof has a rectangular depression with ribs to secure the luggage in that area.
I figured that out after some hit and trial. Tata should mention this in their owners manual. This is quite useful though.
Old 9th March 2017, 23:51   #102
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_zeus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAD View Post
Looks like a switch connected to the anti theft alarm in case someone tries to open the bonnet?
Yes AAD, you are right. It is the bonnet switch which is a part of the vehicle's central locking system.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2017, 06:22   #103
AAD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Yes AAD, you are right. It is the bonnet switch which is a part of the vehicle's central locking system.

Thanks Devdath for confirming my hunch. I need to look for similar switch in my Fortuner
Old 10th March 2017, 09:40   #104
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAD View Post
+1. It is primarily a bonnet ajar warning switch to throw out a warning if the bonnet is not shut properly. The switch is also connected to the CLS which in turn switches on the hooter if someone opens the bonnet when locked.
Old 10th March 2017, 09:57   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishen.padiyar View Post
+1. It is primarily a bonnet ajar warning switch to throw out a warning if the bonnet is not shut properly.
I checked for this on the day I took the pic. Opened the bonnet and turned on the engine, but there was no door ajar warning on the dashboard. May be it's related only to the central locking.
doc_zeus is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks