Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2016, 12:42   #46
BHPian

re: Palio 1.6 to the Fiat Abarth Punto. EDIT: 42,500 km up

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_scorpion View Post
Hi All,

Need a small help from all of you. I got the VIN number for my Abarth punto from the dealer yesterday. The car is in transit. VIN ends with AGZ indicating it's a 2016 JANUARY production model. I am a bit concerned here because of the 6 months age of the car. I spoke with the sales guy and he said that this period is normal for all Fiat cars that roll out of his dealership. For linea it might even be more than 6 months. Is this period of 6 months normal for Fiat cars? Can anyone of you who own a Fiat/Abarth please advise? If this period is not normal should I refuse to take delivery of the car?

The Abarth that I purchased in March was manufactured in September 2015. It was at the dealership since November 2015 as a display car. I was able to get a cash discount of 115,000 on the on road price of the car and in addition to that I also got a few freebies such as floor mats, car cover and 3M treatment. Make sure that you check the car properly, get a decent discount on it and also get billed as per the pre budget price of the Abarth which is 9.95 Lakh. Apart from a few quirks that you will get used to in due course of time this car is a beast which will decimate and embarrass most cars that you encounter on the road. The brute of an engine coupled with the stiff suspension, great brakes and manual transmission is what every gear head really dreams of. The gearbox takes a bit of getting used to and you will be enjoying it in time. The car is most enjoyable on the open road where it shows its mettle.
chase_nt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 14:36   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Need a small help from all of you. I got the VIN number for my Abarth punto from the dealer yesterday. The car is in transit. VIN ends with AGZ indicating it's a 2016 JANUARY production model. I am a bit concerned here because of the 6 months age of the car. I spoke with the sales guy and he said that this period is normal for all Fiat cars that roll out of his dealership. For linea it might even be more than 6 months. Is this period of 6 months normal for Fiat cars? Can anyone of you who own a Fiat/Abarth please advise? If this period is not normal should I refuse to take delivery of the car?
First of all, congrats! If the vehicle is NOT an abused (display) vehicle, it is fine to go with a 6 month old manufactured car. Do the PDI well.

However, it is not true that Fiat cars are usually 6 months old.
In my case, the FIAT dealership placed an order for my Punto 1.4 on 17th June and I took delivery on July 3rd (last year). I got a May 2015 car.
Divya Sharan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 18:42   #48

A big round of thanks to @rahulkool, @theredliner, @chase_nt and @divya_sharan for your insightful inputs. The car is supposedly a factory dispatch. That's what the sales manager told me. Is there any way to verify if it was indeed dispatched from the manufacturer and not a dealership stocked item.

By the way @chase_nt I have followed your ownership review of your white scorpion from the time it was posted on team-bhp. I have also been following the official review thread of the Abarth since it came up. I was itching to get myself one, but as usual funds was a problem. A couple of months back things started looking up on the funds front and I was finally able to book the car. Am waiting eagerly for the PDI. Have taken print out of the PDI Checklist. Let's see how things turn out.
s_scorpion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 08:32   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is there any way to verify if it was indeed dispatched from the manufacturer and not a dealership stocked item.
Hello s_scorpion

Of course the dealer will have vehicle dispatch document from the factory, with the VIN, date of manufacture and date of dispatch. Please confirm 100% before putting down your money.
Viju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 11:50   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A big round of thanks to @rahulkool, @theredliner, @chase_nt and @divya_sharan for your insightful inputs. The car is supposedly a factory dispatch. That's what the sales manager told me. Is there any way to verify if it was indeed dispatched from the manufacturer and not a dealership stocked item.

By the way @chase_nt I have followed your ownership review of your white scorpion from the time it was posted on team-bhp. I have also been following the official review thread of the Abarth since it came up. I was itching to get myself one, but as usual funds was a problem. A couple of months back things started looking up on the funds front and I was finally able to book the car. Am waiting eagerly for the PDI. Have taken print out of the PDI Checklist. Let's see how things turn out.
There is a form(dont recall the no) which comes with the car from the factory, you can ask the service advisor to show the form which will have the dates.

During the PDI you can check following for any signs of usage.
Steering wheel and gear lever
Plastic covers on the seats
Condition of floor mats apart from driver side one
Tyres
Brakes
"H" display on the odo meter etc
If you looks close enough, you can make out if the car was being used or not.

Last edited by Rahulkool : 30th June 2016 at 11:53.
Rahulkool is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 11:58   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The car is supposedly a factory dispatch. That's what the sales manager told me. Is there any way to verify if it was indeed dispatched from the manufacturer and not a dealership stocked item.

Ask for factory form 22, landing document (at dealer end) and dispatch paper from factory. Usually factory form 22 won't be given to you , but you can ask them to show it to you. It'll mention the date.

Even my Abarth was 2015 stock, and it was standing in the Factory and not at the dealership. It had a low odo reading as well. I didn't do an intensive PDI as mom and dad took delivery, but I'd been in touch with the SA and the manager for a long time and they had assured me for any issues. The rear power window was not working perfectly, but they solved the issue in 5 mins and the reason was some dirt. No issues so far.
blackwasp is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 11:59   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
There is a form(dont recall the no) which comes with the car from the factory, you can ask the service advisor to show the form which will have the dates.
Its Form 22, if I recall correctly. Also as rightly mentioned a through PDI will confirm the status of the vehicle.

Cheers,
pdma.
pdma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2016, 14:55   #53
Senior - BHPian

Had a panic braking incident today early morning. I was cruising down a well paved road on a flyover, doing 3 digit speeds, ahead of me was a Vento, i was maintaing good distance, at least 40-50meters. On the end of the flyover one auto cut between me and the vento from left side. There was no one behind me so i braked hard and in fraction of secs i was in 20-30kmph range, with auto far ahead of me, it looked a bit stupid . I need not brake so hard there, i didnt felt any abs action on the pedal.
Rahulkool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2016, 13:56   #54

Finally got hold of the Abarth yesterday, PDI was satisfactory, checked all the forms and manufacturer invoice and the dates added up. Checked VIN and other stuff as per the team-bhp guidelines. Took delivery yesterday. The experience is so different from my other car, the Hyundai I20 diesel. And in a good sort of way. This car feels so much more solidly put together. Noticed an incident though. The engine when cranked is quite silent, but today when I started it in the morning, was comparatively louder. There was some vibrations and the engine was hovering at 1100 rpm. After some time the tacho settled at 900 rpm and things were silent once again. It became smoother with the engine getting warmer. Can someone please throw some light on this. Could cold start be one of the reasons? And does one normally encounter this in turbo petrols? I don't see this happening in my crdi i20
Old 15th July 2016, 15:06   #55
h14
BHPian

Quote:
but today when I started it in the morning, was comparatively louder. There was some vibrations and the engine was hovering at 1100 rpm. After some time the tacho settled at 900 rpm and things were silent once again. It became smoother with the engine getting warmer.
This is common in most petrol's. Happens on every cold start in my Palio.
h14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2016, 08:44   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Noticed an incident though. The engine when cranked is quite silent, but today when I started it in the morning, was comparatively louder. There was some vibrations and the engine was hovering at 1100 rpm. After some time the tacho settled at 900 rpm and things were silent once again. It became smoother with the engine getting warmer. Can someone please throw some light on this. Could cold start be one of the reasons? And does one normally encounter this in turbo petrols? I don't see this happening in my crdi i20

Congratulations on purchasing the Abarth. The Abarth club on team bhp seems to be increasing by the day Theres no need to worry about what you stated above. I experience it on cold starts with my Abarth too. Even my ex GT TSI used to rev at 1100 rpm on a cold start and the engine settles at 900 rpm after about one minute. I feel that turbocharged petrol cars rev higher on a cold start as it is a means for the engine to reach optimum working temperature quickly.

Last edited by chase_nt : 16th July 2016 at 09:01. Reason: correction
chase_nt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 00:24   #57
Senior - BHPian

Car has done 14k kms so far, Engine feel more eager to rev after 7-8k kms mark. I have tried speed 97 for 4 tankfulls and engine revved even more freely with speed 97. It bounced off the limiter in 2nd gear several times while spirited driving, hardly happened even once with normal 91 octane fuel. I cant really say for sure if car was faster in acceleration. Average FE till now is 9.5kmpl for 50-50 highway and city use. City use is mostly in bumper to bumper traffic. Only one bunk in chennai has speed 97 and i use almost 1/4 tank of fuel whole going there, so now using normal shell petrol only.

First service done at 4588kms, 28th July 2016. Although first service is just check-up, i got engine oil and oil filter changed, total bill 2619rs.

Palio 1.6 to the Fiat Abarth Punto. EDIT: 42,500 km up-1.jpg

Palio 1.6 to the Fiat Abarth Punto. EDIT: 42,500 km up-2.jpg

Second service done at 10977kms, 21st March 2017. Its recommended at 15000kms or 1 year, one year was going to complete on 31st July so had to do it early. Total bill 4194rs.

Palio 1.6 to the Fiat Abarth Punto. EDIT: 42,500 km up-img_1367.jpg

Some recent pics of the car.

After sunday detailing session

Palio 1.6 to the Fiat Abarth Punto. EDIT: 42,500 km up-fullsizerender.jpg

Palio 1.6 to the Fiat Abarth Punto. EDIT: 42,500 km up-fullsizerender-2.jpg

Somewhere on the hills

Palio 1.6 to the Fiat Abarth Punto. EDIT: 42,500 km up-fullsizerender-3.jpg

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 26th July 2017 at 11:02. Reason: typo
Rahulkool is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 11:52   #58
Senior - BHPian

I perfectly happy with the car except on highways range is pretty bad. If driven properly you will have to look for the pump every 300kms . I find it really irritating, it should have at least 65ltrs tank considering the FE.

Palio 1.6 to the Fiat Abarth Punto. EDIT: 42,500 km up-whatsapp-image-20170817-11.49.48.jpeg
Rahulkool is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 22:06   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
I perfectly happy with the car except on highways range is pretty bad. If driven properly you will have to look for the pump every 300kms.
Don't know your driving style, however here are figures from another Abarth owner (YCJ) just after his recent drive on mumbai-pune expressway. He doesn't drive his Abarth sedately, he has WagonR for sedate driving.

Palio 1.6 to the Fiat Abarth Punto. EDIT: 42,500 km up-img201708101.jpg
Palio 1.6 to the Fiat Abarth Punto. EDIT: 42,500 km up-img201708102.jpg
sukiwa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2017, 10:52   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Don't know your driving style, however here are figures from another Abarth owner (YCJ) just after his recent drive on mumbai-pune expressway. He doesn't drive his Abarth sedately, he has WagonR for sedate driving.
I know the guy you are talking about, infact i have seen those images before. I have never managed those figures myself on highway. Average FE i get on highway is 10-11kmpl and worst being 7kmpl(while driving with a mad turbo civic). Off course these are with heavy foot.

You can see on the first page of this thread that i have managed much better FE while driving with light foot but with my usual driving style the range is very poor.
Rahulkool is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks