Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2006, 07:49   #46
BHPian

guys i would like to find out how much the dealer will charge me for adding 1} key less entry 2} electric side mirrors....in the crdi version.....and also which colour yourl think suits the car best.....plz help
Old 29th October 2006, 09:42   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
I would advice all those buying the Verna VGT to upgrade to fatter rubber, this car has alot of potential.
Busa: Can you explain "upgrade to fatter rubber"... I feel dumb here...
Old 29th October 2006, 11:03   #48
Senior - BHPian

I am talking about engaging gears. On full throttle it didnot encourage fast shifts unlike the City Vtec(N).

Quote:
Did hyundai ever claim that Verna has more space than Civic?
I had called them a month back when they told me that the Verna is going to compete the Civic. Also many brochures(international) have the same claim.
Old 29th October 2006, 13:35   #49
BHPian

Quote:
I had called them a month back when they told me that the Verna is going to compete the Civic. Also many brochures(international) have the same claim.
Well the wheelbase of Verna (2500 mm) is the longest in the class even longer than the City. But still can't digest when it's compared to Civic.
Old 29th October 2006, 14:46   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbaikar
Busa: Can you explain "upgrade to fatter rubber"... I feel dumb here...
Well the Verna comes with 175/70/14 tyres which i think are too puny for the car. So upgrading a minimum to 195 will be good, thought i personally would opt for 205/55/15
Old 29th October 2006, 19:54   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Well the Verna comes with 175/70/14 tyres which i think are too puny for the car. So upgrading a minimum to 195 will be good, thought i personally would opt for 205/55/15
Does upgrading of tyres causes a drop in FE whether its petrol or diesel and to any car? Is there any other disadvantages by fitting high profile tyres apart from what the company recommends?
Old 29th October 2006, 21:22   #52

Thanks Busa for your inputs.

Team: I would like to know if someone has an idea on the FE for Verna (VGT). What is the city FE?

Baesd on hearsay, I have it ranging from 10 - 15. Are there any VGT owners here?

Adarsh76 query on whether there will be drop in FE, if upgrading to "fatter rubber" is valid. Will it have an impact?
Old 29th October 2006, 21:58   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does upgrading of tyres causes a drop in FE whether its petrol or diesel and to any car?
Yes upgrading to fatter rubber affects your FE.

Quote:
Is there any other disadvantages by fitting high profile tyres apart from what the company recommends?
Higher profile tyres will give you a good ride but at the cost of FE.

@ Mumbaikar - I think the Verna VGT will give 14kmpl in City with ease.
Old 30th October 2006, 11:47   #54
BHPian

Quote:
I am talking about engaging gears. On full throttle it didnot encourage fast shifts unlike the City Vtec(N).
Well the gearshift of Verna according to an excerpt from an article in "The Hindu" is this:

"Gearbox feel into the second and third slots is also very `notchy' and too prominent, an issue that no other Hyundai car has. This is also the first Hyundai model in India to feature a shift forward for the reverse gear. Chevrolet cars have had this type of shift pattern with the reverse being placed before the first gear slot. The problem that (at least, in our test car) the Verna has is that the fake leather cover for the gearshift stick is so tight that the ring that needs to be lifted for shifting into reverse tends to slip out of the driver's hands. "

It makes your review true and what I feel with my accent. I've never felt the gearshift in Accent a notchy one.

This is the link for the full article of "The Hindu" on Verna :
http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...2901761700.htm
Old 30th October 2006, 11:54   #55
Senior - BHPian

i would suggest not to read review by so called auto jours of newspapers/weekly magsas many donno abcd of cars or gadgets.
Old 30th October 2006, 12:00   #56
Team-BHP Support

I would say the fiesta's box is the best amongst the 3 then the NHC and finally the verna's.

The Verna's box is a little notchy but better than the old accents which wasnt exactly notchy but did not feel meaty at all. Verna's shift is meaty whereas the old accent was like a spindly stick which you had to slot in.

I guess I'm spolied by the lancer's shift which according to me is very meaty and super slick.
Old 30th October 2006, 12:58   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639
I would say the fiesta's box is the best amongst the 3 then the NHC and finally the verna's.

The Verna's box is a little notchy but better than the old accents which wasnt exactly notchy but did not feel meaty at all. Verna's shift is meaty whereas the old accent was like a spindly stick which you had to slot in.

I guess I'm spolied by the lancer's shift which according to me is very meaty and super slick.
What about the Esteem? It has a good gearshift.
Old 30th October 2006, 13:00   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76
What about the Esteem? It has a good gearshift.
All these Japanese cars have very very good gearshifts.
Old 30th October 2006, 13:45   #59
BHPian

Quote:
All these Japanese cars have very very good gearshifts.
Soory to be
No, esteem gearshift is not so good, it is just average. I have not tried Accent any time, but I heard it to be really good. I did try Getz, which appeared as good as my Petra. By the way Palio/Petra has one of the best gearshift according to me.

And Busa, do you count Wagon R, M 800 etc. among these Japanese cars?
Old 30th October 2006, 14:10   #60

shift quality,in my opinion is subjective,accents shift is smooth,but one has to slot the lever in to the gate,petra has a slight rubbery feel.topper is fiestas super slick gb followed by city in this class.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks