Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2006, 17:59   #61
Senior - BHPian

Just Spotted 5 verna today.

2. Black
1. Maroon
1. White.
1. Silver

All were crdi's. Car looks small in black and silver but in maroon it looked a bit bigger. White colour is gr8. Looked really sexy.

Talked to one of the owner the fe according to him is 12 of crdi without a.c. (Its cold over here). Dealer claiming 15 with ac. According to the owner gear box is not at all great plus lower speeds handling is good.

Overall the gem of the car is just the engine. Looks are not at all good IMHO.
Old 30th October 2006, 21:04   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And Busa, do you count Wagon R, M 800 etc. among these Japanese cars?
No, not exactly. They are outdated Japanese cars so their gearbox wont be better then the competition. When i say Japanese i can swear by Honda, toyota & Mitsubishis gearboxes..
Old 31st October 2006, 03:11   #63
BHPian

any verna vgt owners here plz give your feed back
Old 31st October 2006, 09:33   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetu4444
any verna vgt owners here plz give your feed back
Actually, do we have anyone on the forum who bought a Verna ? I do not remember coming across any owner reviews on the forum.
Old 31st October 2006, 09:42   #65
Team-BHP Support

i believe ram_hyundai has bought a VGT. We need to wait for him to post a review if he has already taken delivery.
Old 31st October 2006, 09:45   #66
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA

The car is very good for handbrake turns. Tried two of them and car drifted very well.

Also i would like to mention i didnot like the gearbox, it was very notchy and engaging gears smoothly is very difficult. The Honda City is miles ahead of the AVEO as well as the Verna in this aspect. Cant say about the Fiesta as i have never driven it.

I would advice all those buying the Verna VGT to upgrade to fatter rubber, this car has alot of potential.

Did not drive the Verna petrol as i was too floored by the CRDi did not want to end the test drive on a dissapointing note

[COLOR=black][/COLOR]

Busa,

Mind if I ask how old you are and how much experience do you have driving cars to make very strongly worded judgements on manufacturers and dish out advice to the people on the forum.

Please dont take me wrongly but you make it sound that you have years of experience and have been driving for ages.

Viper
Old 3rd October 2008, 12:42   #67
alphamike

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Busa,

Mind if I ask how old you are and how much experience do you have driving cars to make very strongly worded judgements on manufacturers and dish out advice to the people on the forum.

Please dont take me wrongly but you make it sound that you have years of experience and have been driving for ages.

Viper
I agree wiht Busa, the Verna CRDi is a gem and I also didn't try testing the petrol. But i got a great deal on the elantra CRDi and i decided on to the elantra on the following parameters. Its a 4 cylinder againt 3 on Verna, its got TCS which is amazing for slippery roads and speedy cornering and a grounds clearance of 183 mm against 170 on Verna. It costed me only 13K above the top end of Verna. Stability wise also the elantra scores over Verna. But for city driving, Verna CRDi is just superb...

Old 3rd October 2008, 20:20   #68
Senior - BHPian

alphamike, you just replied to a 2 year old thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks