Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2016, 14:14   #16
BHPian

Re: First major accident & Cauvery Ford’s Poor Response!!!

Heartiest congratulations skanchan95. I'm glad that you went for the top end Titanium+ variant which arguably is the safest hatchback on sale in India. Sad to read about the accident though. It burns your heart when something like that happens to your beloved car, in your case, your new car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
A week went by, and no response from Cauvery Ford. Not even a service feedback call that the workshop is supposed to give to the customer to find out if he /she was satisfied with the work done or not!!!!
I'm really surprised that you did not get a feedback call. I get my Fiesta serviced at Lathangi Ford here in Bangalore and while the service is many a times questionable, they never fail to give me a call asking for the feedback within the next couple of days. I've highlighted many of their goof-ups and the SA who's worked on the car promptly called me up later to apologize. Not that it makes any difference to the quality of the workmanship but a good gesture nevertheless. I've had a Getz before and trust me, Trident Hyundai were worse than Ford. Switched to Advaith Hyundai and their responses were much much better. Ford service should learn a thing or two from them.

Quote:
To anyone in Mangalore who wishes to get their car detailing, restoration or accident repairs done, I highly recommend The Pitstop Carz Spa.
I visit Mangalore quite often and would love to drop in to Pitstop Carz Spa. My Fiesta is the same color as your Figo and its reassuring to see the work done on your car. My car has quite a few minute scratches on the doors and on the front bumper and will ask for their opinion on what could be done.

Quote:
Those tapes possibly shield the body from such impacts. Any idea where one can get such a thick cellophane tape? The ones you get in the market are too thin.
I've had a similar issue in my car. The boot lid was scratching the inside edges of the bumper. Went to 3M and got the PPF done for the entire contact part of the boot lid and the bumper. It was expensive but is holding up well for about a year now.

Note: I recommend you to remove the seat covers (for the front) immediately. Buying a car with seat airbags and installing seat covers negates the very purpose of the safety feature. Ford have done the right thing by refusing to install the covers. IMO, in case of a mishap, this might cause additional/unknown injury as the airbags will deploy inside the seat covers. Suggest you make your dog occupy the rear seat (with the seat covers on) rather than compromising on the safety of the passengers.

Enjoy the drive and keep us updated regularly.

Last edited by Porschefire : 11th July 2016 at 14:15.
Porschefire is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 18:58   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
I certainly agree with your point that on a long run it is difficult to maintain the fabric. God forbid this shouldn`t happen but adding the seat cover will not only hamper the air bag deployment and also wouldn`t justify the purpose of buying a car with 6 air bags. So with the preference to safety I would suggest you to remove it at the earliest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Please remove the seat covers from the front seats if you value your life and that of your near and dear ones.
An airbag inflates at 200 miles per hour, and contained under a seat cover - that's more than a bomb my friend.
Keep the rear seat covers - for the front seats, please remove the covers and use fabric seat protectors like 3M scotchguard / Gtechniq I1 smart fabric etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
Note: I recommend you to remove the seat covers (for the front) immediately. Buying a car with seat airbags and installing seat covers negates the very purpose of the safety feature. Ford have done the right thing by refusing to install the covers. IMO, in case of a mishap, this might cause additional/unknown injury as the airbags will deploy inside the seat covers. Suggest you make your dog occupy the rear seat (with the seat covers on) rather than compromising on the safety of the passengers.
I thank you all for your concern and appreciate the advice. I know you mean well.

Let me make a brutal confession here. One of the main reasons why I opted for the Titanium+ trim over Titanium was the presence of a superior sounding infotainment system with Sync/Voice Commands and Mykey safety features. The lower Titanium variant does not have these features. For me, the presence of four additional airbags in Titanium+ trim was a bonus. Don't get me wrong here, I appreciate the fact that the car is equipped with six airbags but I find the Sync system to extremely useful and convenient. If the twin front airbag equipped Titanium model had come with Titanium+ infotainment and voice command system, I would have gone for that model over the six airbag equipped Titanium+. Even the 1.5 Petrol AT does not have a Titanium+ trim!!!

The seatcover question actually was actually chaotic.I was insisting on seatcovers because of past experiences I had and because of our Dog, which I am detailing below.

Quote:
1)Past Experience with stinking coverless seats
We used to own a 2006 first gen Swift ZXi in Gujarat. We did not have seat covers for that car. Over three years of ownership, the condition of the seat fabric became bad - discolouration, dust, sweat etc. There was no way we could clean them. Then one day it rained quite heavily, so heavily that while getting in and out of the car the seat edges became wet. On the same day evening, we left for Mangalore and the car was left in the porch as it is . About 10 days later when we came back, the entire car was stinking. Thick white coloured Fungus had formed over the seats and it stank badly. I tried to clean wit ha dry cloth. The fungus was scrapped off but the stains remained, there was no way to remove it.The bad smell was another big headache. No amount of perfumes, deodorants or room sprays could mask that smell. Couple of months later, we sold the car.

We bought an i20 in 2009. Back then, the i20 Asta came with dual front airbags( as it does now), but there was an Asta(O) model that came all features of Asta and with a sunroof and additional seat and curtain airbags(total six airbags like the Figo now). But on the Asta(O) model, you could not install the seat covers because of the seat airbags. So, because of this, we went for the Asta model and not the Asta(O) model. The car had seat covers and never did I have to complain about bad smell because of the seat fabric. We changed the seat cover once because of wear & tear.

2) Our Dog
As mentioned earlier, he likes to go on ride in the car. The hair, stink of the drool and the drool itself will be a headache to remove from the fabric seats. It is far more easier to remove them on art leather seat covers. Our Dog sits only in the rear seat. When alone on the backseat he keeps on looking around and changes position. His favourite position is right in between the seat looking forward. As shown in the pic below of him sitting in the backseat of our Grand i10, he ends up drooling on the front seat as well. Now imagine this on a fabric seat.
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-1.jpg
I simply do not have the heart to say no to him. He makes this face when denied, and it will make anyone's heart melt.
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-2.jpg
He is not stubborn but its simply not possible for me to deny him something that he so dearly loves.
During negotiations for the car, I was told that art leather airbag supportive seat covers are available for the Figo Titanium+ model from the company itself (as the Aspire Titanium+ model comes with leather seats) . I did not have any reason not to believe this. Even the manual confirms this.
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-airbag.jpg

Even on the internet, I found references that Ford supplies art leather seat covers for the Titanium+ model. So happily I booked the model. Ford customer care neither confirmed nor denied the presence of such seat covers, the customer care fellow said speak to your dealership. After delivery, I planned to install them later at the dealership, partly to adjust financial commitments.The dealership flatly refused to install the seat covers as their service department said no such airbag supportive seat covers exist for the Titanium+ model. That came as bolt from the blue. I really did not want to argue on it as I would have looked extremely foolish for having bought the car without actually confirming about the seat covers. I was told the reason why. The seat covers *may* block the deployment of seat airbags in the event of a side collision and its difficult to predict how it will behave on deployment.The airbags are meant to tear through the seats, whether they will slice through the seat covers, it cannot be guaranteed. So, that was the end of it. But the leather seats on Aspire Titanium+ model kept on going around in my head.

I began looking at options. I looked on the internet for airbag supportive seatcovers. The answers and options were not looking so convincing and I had to shoot down that idea. Someone said to install seat covers but to cut out the corresponding part of the seatcover where "Airbag" is stitched on the seat.I spoke to my regular car accessories shop owner about this idea. He also said putting seat covers on airbag equipped seats is suicide. About the idea,he said probably the entire edge will have to be cut from the seat covers, which would mean that the seat covers will not be able to cover and/or hold onto the seat. That idea too was shot down. He came up the the idea that since the seat airbags are designed to deploy independently, mainly in case of lateral collisions, he could disable it by removing the power supply connectors and then install seat covers.

It seemed paradoxical at first but I looked at it differently- to downgrade the model to Titanum trim but with the Titanium+'s infotainment and voice command system(similar to the i20 Asta purchase decision that we had made 7 years earlier). So, I went ahead with that idea, as it looked best suited to my requirements. So, as of now the seat airbags power supply is disabled. Somehow I missed writing this in the review. Most of you will think of it to be very stupid and irresponsible, but I have my reasons.

All this could have been avoided if Ford supplied seat covers for the Figo Titanium+ model just like they do on the Aspire. Trust me, the day I get may hands on such an OEM seat covers, I will ditch the current seat covers, reactivate the seat airbags and install those OEM seat covers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
I visit Mangalore quite often and would love to drop in to Pitstop Carz Spa. My Fiesta is the same color as your Figo and its reassuring to see the work done on your car. My car has quite a few minute scratches on the doors and on the front bumper and will ask for their opinion on what could be done.

I've had a similar issue in my car. The boot lid was scratching the inside edges of the bumper. Went to 3M and got the PPF done for the entire contact part of the boot lid and the bumper. It was expensive but is holding up well for about a year now.
Do visit him. He is very helpful will you advice you correctly what needs to be done. Slightly costly, but looking at the quality of work, its well worth the money I spent.
Its just a small tape, may be barely 7 or 8 cms wide. I will check with 3M dealership in Mangalore if they can make a thick film that small.

Last edited by skanchan95 : 11th July 2016 at 19:05.
skanchan95 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 19:25   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the day I get may hands on such an OEM seat covers, I will ditch the current seat covers, reactivate the seat airbags and install those OEM seat covers.
Well that explains it - I would not term it as dangerous, but a bit counter-intuitive in buying a very safe car and making it a little less safe !

Moving on - how does it feel to move from an i10 to Figo? driving dynamics, power, ease of use, driver's aids etc - I ask this question as I currently drive a 2009 i10 and like the Figo (external design/spec wise) a lot - Maybe a bit inclined to trade in my car if not for the dismal amounts offered by the dealers.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 21:08   #19
Senior - BHPian

re: Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold

Congrats on the car, great color too! Sorry to hear of the initial woes but it sounds like you've put that behind you and are starting to enjoy the car.

As for the airbag issue, I imagine you are sick of people harping on about it but please don't take it the wrong way. Are you quite sure that you still have four remaining airbags that are functional after disabling the power? Moreover, I'm not sure why your airbag warning light hasn't come on (it should have) but even if it has, you cannot tell the difference between a genuine airbag issue and the deliberate power disabling that you've done.

I suggest that you don't give up so easily. I do understand the incompatibility of a dog and fabric seats but you've paid good money for the extra safety so having to disable it makes no sense. Go after Ford India, they do sell seat covers abroad for these cars so it's their job to figure out how to make them available for you. Check independent seat cover manufacturers that have provisions for side airbags too. The big names will have experience with high end cars where these features are standard.

Here's a member who did install seat covers on a car with side airbags - Proof that it isn't unheard of, even in India.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3238176
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3254556
McLaren Rulez is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 21:50   #20
BHPian

Congrats on the most VFM car in the segment.

I had read that Ford started giving rear adjustable neck restraints on Titanium+ from Oct 2015. Looks like it was a rumour. Ford will never learn!

Coming to the seat covers, you can look at Karlsson in Bengaluru.
These guys claim that their installation is airbag friendly (Link)
They have done leather seats for many luxury cars (with side airbags of course). So you can contact them and get more details about how they do and take a decision.
IIRC, they do art leather seats as well. So the costs could turn out to be reasonable. Going with Ford official accessory will be the safest bet though.
theredliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2016, 00:42   #21
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful review Sandesh - I think the first for a petrol figo.

Regarding the seat covers; I think ford was selling seat covers than were made for the T+. Maybe you could change to that, or alter your covers to match the design of those covers. I think that one had strategically placed cuts to allow the airbags to deploy safely.

Sam
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2016, 10:08   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Moving on - how does it feel to move from an i10 to Figo? driving dynamics, power, ease of use, driver's aids etc - I ask this question as I currently drive a 2009 i10 and like the Figo (external design/spec wise) a lot - Maybe a bit inclined to trade in my car if not for the dismal amounts offered by the dealers.
The i10 was for more zippier and easy to maneuver/park in tight parking spaces. The 1.2 Figo certainly feels lethargic compared to the i10(1.1). The i10 accelerated much better than the Figo and pulled more cleanly at lower RPMs. In Stop/Go traffic of Kolkata, you might find the Figo a little frustrating to drive(compared to the i10) as the 1.2L engine seems to take a second or two to respond to throttle inputs. At higher speeds(100-110),unlike the i10, the Figo feels well planted and rock solid. Braking is spot on thanks to the EBD assisted ABS. Both of them are different cars , but the only thing I find common in them is the shape of the headlamps. In a way they have common design elements - the silver insert in the headlamp that divides the headlamp & indicator and the shape of the headlamp cluster near the front grille.
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-hlmp.jpg

The voice command system is something that I loved on the Figo and prefer to use it than fiddling around with the buttons on the infotainment system. Thanks to the voice commands system, asking the system to play your favorite songs from the USB is effortless. All you have say is "Play track<.>" or "Play Artist<.>" and I find it extremely useful.

If you plan to have look at the Figo, specially the Titanium+ trim, I suggest you carry your USB drive and install Ford Sync supported apps in your mobile. You can then judge how the system works and how it suits your requirements. I only hope Ford does a little more work towards providing compatibility for more mobile apps.

About your i10, its better to try olx or some other such websites and look for private buyers. The only thing that prevented me from putting my i10 for sale on those websites was the fear of lot of calls, some of whom from fellows looking for timepass. Avoid Cars24. They try and auction your car among the local 2nd hand car dealers which further degrades the value of your car. If you approach one of those dealers later, they will tell you about your own car's details and that your car was on sale on Cars24.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Here's a member who did install seat covers on a car with side airbags - Proof that it isn't unheard of, even in India.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3238176
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3254556
Thanks a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Congrats on the most VFM car in the segment.

Coming to the seat covers, you can look at Karlsson in Bengaluru.
These guys claim that their installation is airbag friendly (Link)
They have done leather seats for many luxury cars (with side airbags of course). So you can contact them and get more details about how they do and take a decision.
IIRC, they do art leather seats as well. So the costs could turn out to be reasonable. Going with Ford official accessory will be the safest bet though.
Thank you. Have sent them an enquiry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Wonderful review Sandesh - I think the first for a petrol figo.

Regarding the seat covers; I think ford was selling seat covers than were made for the T+. Maybe you could change to that, or alter your covers to match the design of those covers. I think that one had strategically placed cuts to allow the airbags to deploy safely.

Sam
Their Padil dealership flatly denied that such seat covers exist for the Figo Titanium+. When I asked the same question in their Baikampady workshop, they said all such accessory related work are done at their Padil dealership. No point in asking them again about it. If anything, I can only request them to inform me if they get such seat covers from Ford. I wish the seat covers for the Aspire Titanium+ were available in black. Atleast the front seats of the Figo twins are same and those front seat covers would be compatible on the Figo!! This seat cover aspect of the Figo twins is puzzling to say the least.

Last edited by skanchan95 : 12th July 2016 at 10:13.
skanchan95 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2016, 11:21   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The i10 was for more zippier and easy to maneuver/park in tight parking spaces. .....<snipped>
Thanks for the analysis.
The low speed drivability is more important for me, as the max speed I can safely attain in my daily commute is 80 kmph.
There are a lot of signals, traffic snarls, narrow alleys and potholed roads to tackle as well.

Actually as my i10 is an AT one with ABS+Airbags, and my next car shall surely have AT+ABS+Airbags too.

Yet to make up my mind, but currently the choice is limited between the Figo (1.5 + DCT) / Aspire (1.5 + DCT)/ Jazz (1.2 ivtec + cvt) / any other loaded version of a premium petrol hatchback with AT (yes, that includes the probable i20 AT). I like the GT TSI a lot, but it's beyond my budget and I read a lot about the DSG gearbox, so consciously avoiding the same.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2016, 14:12   #24
Senior - BHPian

Updating Sync Software

Quote:
Thanks for the analysis.

Yet to make up my mind, but currently the choice is limited between the Figo (1.5 + DCT) / Aspire (1.5 + DCT)
In case you chose one of the Figo ATs, you will miss out on Sync( Voice commands), Mykey and four additional airbags. The ATs are not available only in the Titanium trim( and not Titanium+ trim which come only with the MTs).

Updating Sync Software
I received a notification on Ford India Owner’s website (https://www.india.ford.com/owner) that an update is available for the Sync Software for my car. I was using Chrome browser on Windows 10 for browsing through the website.
Name:  sw ud.png
Views: 4838
Size:  81.0 KB

v5.9 Update Information
Quote:
What's included in this update?
SYNC v5.9

The new software update for SYNC® includes all the improvements from previous updates, plus additional benefits such as:

Media
Streamlined connectivity allows you to connect smartphones to SYNC® via USB and browse its content on the SYNC screen.48

Voice
When you say, “Call <name>” the name will now appear on the SYNC® screen, confirming your command.
The voice command “Redial” has been added to call last number dialed.
A message on the SYNC® screen will let you know SYNC is either connecting to the last paired device or searching for a new one.
When you want to switch audio sources, you can now say, “AM” or “FM” without saying “Radio” first.

AppLink
If you are trying to access apps through SYNC® AppLink™ and your device is not connected, SYNC will display a prompt, reminding you that your device must be connected either by Bluetooth or USB for iOS devices.
If you are trying to access a compatible app on SYNC® AppLink™ and it is not running on your iPhone or other iOS device, such as an iPad and iPod Touch, you’ll now be reminded by a voice and screen prompt.48

IMPORTANT INSTALLATION INFORMATION:
The installation of this update will take up to 20 minutes to complete.

Be sure to keep your engine running (not in accessory mode) throughout the entire installation process. Turning off your vehicle during the update installation will disrupt the process. Although your vehicle must be in park when you begin the installation process, you may drive your vehicle while the update is downloading to your SYNC® system.

If your vehicle is equipped with the Intelligent Access with Push Button Start feature, you will need to temporarily disable the Automatic Engine Idle Shutdown (AEIS) component before beginning the installation in order to prevent your vehicle from timing out and shutting off the engine before the software update is complete. To disable this feature, use your steering wheel controls to navigate to the Settings menu on your left-hand Instrument Cluster LCD display. From there, select Vehicle >Auto Engine Off >Off. (If you do not see this setting, there is no need to make any changes before starting the update.)

Alternatively, after initiating the installation, you may drive the vehicle during the update process to avoid shutting off the engine. The next time you start your vehicle, the AEIS will automatically reset to "On."

Please note: During the update installation, SYNC® will temporarily appear to not recognize your mobile phone or media device. This is normal. Once your system has been successfully updated, SYNC® will display a notification stating "Installation complete."
The last Sync update in the car's infotainment system, as per the website, was EV6T-14D544-AK dtd 30/11/2015 (v5.8).
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-updte_old.jpg

When I went to the download page, clicking on the “Request Download” Page, it opened a blank pop-up and nothing got downloaded(USB drive was connected to the PC as per the instructions on the page).I tried different browsers including Chrome, Firefox & MS Edge. All of them showed the same blank popup,eventhough I had enabled all the Javascript options.
Name:  blank popup.png
Views: 4637
Size:  69.1 KB

Thinking something there could be an issue with the Java content on the website, I launched Internet Explorer 11 for the first time ever since updating my laptop to Windows 10. IE 11 may no longer be in use, but it turned out to be the savior for me. It let me download the update and I am detailing the steps as below

1. Make sure an empty USB stick is connected to your laptop/PC.The update will be downloaded directly into the USB drive.

2. Login to your Ford Owner's account using Internet Explorer 11. (https://www.india.ford.com/owner)

3. In case an update is available, you will see the notification on the page. Click on "Go to Download Page".

4. Once there, click on "Request Download". There will be prompt asking permission to download a .cab file. Once it is downloaded on your PC/laptop, it will show the Available Update. Next steps are described in pictures.
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-01.jpg

Update shown- EV6T-14D544-AL - Sync s/w version v 5.9 (old version was EV6T-14D544-AK - v5.8)
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-02.jpg

Sync EULA
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-03.jpg

Selecting Storage device(USB drive)
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-04.jpg

Download starting
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-05.jpg

Download failed at first attempt at 99% and was restarted
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-06_failure.jpg

Success!!!
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-07_success.jpg

The website asked me to report back after successful installation of the update in the car
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-08_update-shown_-not-installed.jpg

Installing the Update in the car
1. Insert the USB drive in the car
2. Start the engine and keep it running(installation may take upto 20 minutes and you have to keep the engine running till then)
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-engineon.jpg
3. Verify that you s/w version is v5.8. Go to Menu>Sync Settings>System Info
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-old-sw-ver.jpg
4. To start the installation, Menu>Sync Settings>Install on Sync.Next steps are described in pictures
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-step1.jpg
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-step2.jpg

Click on Yes
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-step3.jpg

Installing File
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-step5.jpg

The System will reboot and the system will confirm that the update is being installed and may take a while. On successful installation, it will confirm it on the screen. Till then do not switch off the engine.
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-step6.jpg

I kept the engine running and stepped out the car. After around 20 minutes, there was a "Installation Successful" message displayed on screen. It disappeared when I opened the door. The s/w had been updated to v5.9 from v5.8
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-new-sw-ver.jpg

Confirming the successful Update to Ford
Once the update is complete, I assume that a file gets written on the USB that confirms that the update is complete. Connect the USB drive to your laptop PC and click on "Report Update" on the website
Click image for larger version

Name:	08_update shown_ not installed.jpg
Views:	684
Size:	177.5 KB
ID:	1528435

Click on Report Installation
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-instalaltion-rep_1.jpg

Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-instalaltion-rep_2.jpg
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-instalaltion-rep_3.jpg

Update confirmation on the website.
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-instalaltion-rep_4.jpg

Contents of the USB drive after Sync was updated:
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-usb.jpg

Last edited by skanchan95 : 13th July 2016 at 14:40.
skanchan95 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 09:15   #25
BHPian

Quote:
I thank you all for your concern and appreciate the advice. I know you mean well.

All this could have been avoided if Ford supplied seat covers for the Figo Titanium+ model just like they do on the Aspire. Trust me, the day I get may hands on such an OEM seat covers, I will ditch the current seat covers, reactivate the seat airbags and install those OEM seat covers.

Hi sKanchan95, Firstly, let me congratulate you on the Figo. Overall its a brilliant package from Ford. During my decision of buying the Grand i10, Figo was in my consideration. The only reason I dropped the car was because the dashboard of non sync system in Titanium version which came with AT Box, looked claustrophobic. Secondly, the car did not come with a 6 Airbags. I really wonder, what stops manufacturers from giving AT versions in top end specs & Thirdly, cramped footwell. Apart from not knowing the quality of service standards of Ford here in Mumbai

Anyways, coming back to the art leather seats, one of our bhpian from Mumbai picked up the EcoSport in AT variant, which comes with Six Airbags and apparently, he got art leather seats installed in his car, through a Ford Authorized Distributor of Seat Covers, which support Six Airbags Inflation.

In-case you are interested in knowing more, I can PM you the number of the distributor, apparently he also installs the seat covers in cars here in Mumbai. The only thing you may have to look is, if he agrees to send across the seat covers to you, is there any technician there who can fit those seat covers for you...

The process he used for installing these seat covers was
  1. Stripping the original seat covers, mind you, he doesn't fit seat covers on the original covers.
  2. Fitting the new art leather seat covers directly on the sponge/cushions by securing the sensors of airbags just as in a OEM seat cover

Apparently, he took an entire day to fit the new seat cover.
sawnilrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2016, 18:16   #26
Senior - BHPian

First Service

First Service (3 months/ 2500 kms)
Its been three months since the car was delivered to us. The first service was due on July 17, 2016.

A week for the scheduled service was due, there was a reminder call from Cauvery Ford, Baikampady regarding service booking. I said I will call and book the service myself. A day later I received a reminder by post, which I though was unique and a nice gesture by Cauvery Ford, Baikampady. I don't recall any workshops that I have dealt with previously sending such reminders by post.
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-scan_1.jpg

I called them on July 14 for a service appointment on the next day(July 15) at 09:00 AM. There was an SMS confirmation confirming the appointment almost immediately. This was another first such SMS confirmation for me. It showed the appointment date and SA name.
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-serv_app_cnfm.jpg

On July 15, I reached the workshop on time at 09:00 AM.
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-at_wrkshp.jpg

The SA, Mr Devadas, was there at the reception. Since this was the first service and no major work needed to be done, I was promised delivery by afternoon. By 1 PM, I received a call from Mr Devadas that the car was ready. Bill amount was Rs 0.00.
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-serv_ready_cnfm.jpg

I was impressed by their Service - Service booking>>SMS confirmation of the service appointment>>Car ready on time>>SMS confirmation that the car was ready and service cost.

Duplicate Key
As mentioned earlier in the thread, my car's second key(non-remote), which was the admin key for MyKey functions of the car, is in the bank.

To prevent situations in the future, where I may have to run to the bank in case the car gets locked & to have the MyKey functions back, I asked my Sales Executive, Mr Karthik Hegde, if duplicate key could be arranged from Ford (if the cost was reasonable). After checking with the workshop, he said it could take 10-12 days for the key to come and the key might cost around Rs 2000. I told him to go ahead and place the order for the key.This was on June 30, 2016.

After the car's first service was done, I checked with Mr Devadas if the key had come. He confirmed that they key had come but the key needed to be cut and the car reprogrammed so that they new key can be used. He said they might need the entire day for the job. I told him that I will drop the car the next day.

The next day morning I dropped the car at the workshop 09:45 AM. By evening at around 4:30 the key was ready was ready for use. The total cost for the key came to Rs 1502.
Cost of the key - Rs 709
Key cutting charges - Rs 600
Taxes - Rs 193
Total - Rs 1502
skanchan95 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2016, 19:50   #27
Senior - BHPian

Re: First Service

Quote:

Duplicate Key
As mentioned earlier in the thread, my car's second key(non-remote), which was the admin key for....
I haven't read the part about the duplicate key, but if it is for loan purpose, then the bank is not authorised to keep the key with them anymore. The rule was changed some years back - I think the Supreme Court had a say in it.

Our manager gave us the key back himself at that time. You can rightfully demand your key back from your bank.

Last edited by samaspire : 17th July 2016 at 19:57.
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2016, 11:20   #28
Senior - BHPian

Re: First Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
I haven't read the part about the duplicate key, but if it is for loan purpose, then the bank is not authorised to keep the key with them anymore. The rule was changed some years back - I think the Supreme Court had a say in it.

Our manager gave us the key back himself at that time. You can rightfully demand your key back from your bank.
Well, I did not know that. Will keep it in my mind in the future. Thanks.

The Branch Manager that knew me well got transferred and I did not want to ask the key from the new manager. In fact, the old manager had himself told me to keep the spare key of our i10, which financed by the same branch, with me.

I knew there will be many excuses given to me not handing over the key to me - bank auditor, bank rules etc. Even if he did agree, in future if he asked the key back for any reason, it could become inconvenient for me as well as the bank. Besides that, the cost for the spare key from Ford seemed reasonable, so I ordered a spare key.
Old 10th August 2016, 13:42   #29
Senior - BHPian

SEr On Error

Since yesterday evening, everytime the car was started a "SEr On" (with a blinking spanner icon) error was being shown on the speedometer MID display. It would stay on 5 seconds and then get replaced by other parameters on the MID, depending on what you have set (i.e . FE, Outside Temp, DTE etc).

Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-img_20160810_112917733_hdr.jpg

Took the car to Cauvery Ford, Baikampady this morning. Within 3 minutes, the car was back out. All they had to do was to wipe out the error. The error apparently was a reminder for regular service and the service guys had probably forgot to reset it after the car was serviced recently.
Old 22nd August 2016, 00:01   #30
BHPian

Hello Sandesh,

Thank you for such an informative thread. I am would like to know the actual FE figures of your Figo these days. Do you see it improving (Since you mentioned that it is decreasing)? And also since you are the best person to confirm, how is the FE when compared to your Grand i10?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks