Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2016, 00:05   #31
BHPian

re: Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold

Hello Sandesh,
Thank you for the informative thread. I am considering buying Figo Petrol and would like to know if the current FE figures you get. Since I see that your driving style is more sedate, it would give me a good indication of what to expect. And also can you compare the FE with your Grand i10 (if it is Petrol)?
Old 22nd August 2016, 17:09   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivee90 View Post
Hello Sandesh,
Thank you for the informative thread. I am considering buying Figo Petrol and would like to know if the current FE figures you get. Since I see that your driving style is more sedate, it would give me a good indication of what to expect. And also can you compare the FE with your Grand i10 (if it is Petrol)?
The Figo's FE seems to have improved a bit as the car nears 2000kms on the odometer. The last full tank FE I got was 13.1 kmpl with AC on all the time and being driven mostly within the city. On the current tank full, it has returned 12.7 kmpl so far. I feel the FE figures will drop drastically if the car is driven in slow moving bumper to bumper traffic.

On a highway run of around 90kms , the car returned an impressive average of 16.9 kmpl, again with AC on all the time and speeds hovering between 90 and 100 .

I guess the 1.2 Figo is a reasonably fuel efficient car. I am quite ok with the FE it is has returned so far and the FE is on par with the other petrol hatchbacks we've owned. I am also ok with the lethargic acceleration of the car which at times requires frequent gear shifts. But that being said, the car pulls well without stalling at low speeds and higher gears. It's just that the car takes time to accelerate in such cases compared to other cars like say the Grand i10.

Coming to our Grand i10, its a petrol and its FE seems to be slightly better than the Figo. The Grand i10 constantly returns 13.5-14 kmpl, again with AC on all the time.

The Grand i10 is accelerates much better than the Figo. But at higher speeds,the Figo feels more solid. The Grand i10 will be Two years old this December and so far I have no complaints about any rattles. But on our four month old Figo, rattles have already started from the door pads. The Figo's(titanium+) infotainment system sounds better and clearer than the Grand i10's. Features wise, the Figo blows the Grand i10 away. The plastics and the fit&finish is far better in the Grand i10. Though it is quite early in the Figo ownership for me, I felt Hyundai service support is far better than Ford.

If you are considering the Grand i10 and the Figo, please do wait as it seems a mid-life facelift of the Grand i10
Is just around the corner. I expect Hyundai will add a few features to the car along with some cosmetic changes.
skanchan95 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 23:01   #33
BHPian

re: Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold

Thank you again for such clear explanation. I am also impressed by some unique features in Figo like the mobile dock (Titanium), extended battery usage after key removal and safety features. The equivalent Grand i10 doesn't have ABS, and that is a huge drawback. Knowing that the Figo is a new car, coming from a new plant is a cause of concern for some build issues like you mentioned.

Good luck and Happy Motoring!
vivee90 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2016, 12:22   #34
Senior - BHPian

Front Arm Rest

Inspired by CrazyToDrive's armrest installation on his Aspire, I began looking for a similar option for my Figo.

Enquired with Car Decor, Mangalore and he said he has a generic one which will snap on to the panel between the seats. No drilling or screws required. Got this for Rs 1300/-.

View from the driver's side door:
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-viewdrivers-side.jpg

Top View:
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-topempty.jpg

Top View with my hand resting on it:
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-toparm.jpg

Front View:
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-front-view.jpg

Back Seat View:
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-back-view.jpg

Close up:
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-closeup.jpg

Arm rest open:
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-armrestopen.jpg

The arm rest console does not interfere with operation of the handbrake and I find it reasonably comfortable. Neither does it rattle nor does it feel loose. Slight effort is now required to fasten the seatbelt in its receptacle. I would have preferred the armrest be a bit higher but that's probably because I have kept the driver's seat height adjusted to one notch below the highest height setting.

In case the armrest console becomes loose in the future, I plan to drill holes in the lower part of the arm rest console and fasten it with the screws that are present in the Figo and Aspire as shown below, as per my height requirements.

skanchan95 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th November 2016, 17:08   #35
BHPian

Re: Front Arm Rest

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
Inspired by CrazyToDrive's armrest installation on his Aspire, I began looking for a similar option for my Figo.

Enquired with Car Decor, Mangalore and he said he has a generic one which will snap on to the panel between the seats. No drilling or screws required. Got this for Rs 1300/-.
Hey Sandesh, the armrest looks nice and matches the seat covers as well.
CrazyToDrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2017, 13:09   #36
Senior - BHPian

The Reverse Camera IRVM fiasco - Does not work as Advertised

The Reverse camera Fiasco
I had Ford's genuine accessory- “Rear view camera with IRVM (Nippon IRVM Display Kit with Camera N-400, Part No. SBA0040)” installed on February 16, 2017 at Cauvery Ford, Kottara Chowki, Mangalore.

My main concern about the rear camera display IRVM was that it should have had auto-dimming(day/night) facility. The accessories dept was not sure if it has auto-dimming feature. When I checked with Ford Customer Care about this, they asked me to check with the dealer. After reading multiple Figo ownership reports from owners who have had this accessory installed from Ford and who seemed to have confirmed that the IRVM has auto-dimming feature, I chose to have it installed on my Figo. Total cost was Rs 13,000.

The Ford Part no. is SBA0040, manufactured by Nippon.
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-irvm_box_2.jpg
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-irvm_box_1.jpg

The reverse camera was fitted just above the number plate on the near bumper.
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-cam_1.jpg
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-cam_2.jpg

The IRVM has two sensors, one in the back and one in the front. The power button is to manually adjust brightness of the rear camera video display on the IRVM.
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-irvm_1.jpg
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-irvm_2.jpg
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-irvm_11.jpg

Size comparison between the old manually adjustable day/night mirror & the new rear camera IRVM. The new IRVM is much wider and offers better FoV.
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-irvm_comparo.jpg

Even the manual confirmed that the mirror has day/night functionality. The manual clearly stated that, and I quote, "Mirror Automatically brightness adjustment(Day & night)"
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-manual_fr.jpg
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-manual.jpg

The reverse camera display is quite sharp and clear. I was happy with my purchase so far. Engaging the reverse gear activates te hrear camera display and a green light comes on the mirror(next to the power button).
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-irvm_display_day.jpg

That same night, I found that the IRVM was not auto-dimming, as claimed in the manual. Headlight glare(especially high beam) from trailing vehicles was proving to be a major distraction while driving. Ignore the "flash" on the rear camera display, the display is quite clear at night as well.
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-irvm_hl-glare.jpg

On Feb 18, 2017, I wrote an e-mail to Ford Customer Care explaining my predicament - how the IRVM was not working as advertised(i.e non-functional autodimming ,day/night functionality one the IRVM) and asked them for an explanation regarding why the IRVM was not working as stated in the manual. A reply came acknowledging the mail and confirming that a Service Request(Concern) has been raised.
Quote:
Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2017 7:59 PM
To: Sandesh Kanchan
Subject: Reply from Ford india -8001XXXXX

Dear Mr. Sandesh Kanchan

Greetings from Ford India Pvt. Ltd. (“Ford”)!

Thank you for contacting Ford India.

We appreciate the time you have taken to write to us, write to us regarding your vehicle bearing the VIN MAJGXXXXXXXXXX.

We have noted down the contents of your mail and have taken up the issue with the Dealership team.

We would revert to you after we receive relevant information from our Dealership. Your concern number is 8001XXXXX
Assuring you of our best services and continuous support at all times.

Kind Regards,
Sharath Kumar M
Ford India Pvt Ltd I Customer Relations,
Toll free lines. 1800-425-2500/1800-419-2500.
Four days later, i.e on Feb 22, 2017, there was reply asking me to take the car to the Ford workshop for necessary investigations.

Quote:
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2017 3:57 PM
To: xxxx@gmail.com
Cc: Nithin . ; Nithin .
Subject: Reply from Ford india -XXXXXXX

Dear Mr.Sandesh,

Greetings from Ford India!

This is subsequent to our earlier correspondence regarding your vehicle bearing vin number MAJGXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

Further in proceeding your concern, we request you to report the vehicle to the dealership at your convenient time to get the concern attended and resolved. We have fixed up an appointment with our dealership regarding the same. We have instructed our dealership to provide necessary assistance to you in this regard and they would ensure that the concerns are resolved. We deeply regret for the inconvenience caused in this regard and please accept our apologies of the delay.

We tried reaching your number at 9xxxxxxxxx on 22.02.2017 at 03:30pm provided your number was ringing no response.

Please feel free to contact Mr.XYZ Service Manager at XXXXXXXXXX Cauvery Ford Mangalore for further assistance.

Assuring you of our best services and continuous support at all times.

Rajadurai.D
Customer Relations
Ford India Private Limited
Toll Free No 1800-425-2500 BSNL/MTNL 6000-2500 Add STD code of your state capital
There was a call from the Works manager,Cauvery Ford, Baikampady in the evening asking me to get the car to the workshop on the next evening around 7 PM (for them to check the day/night functionality)

The Investigations
Visited the Cauvery Ford Baikampady workshop at dusk the next day i.e Feb 24, 2017. They took my Figo inside the workshop and parked it a distance of around 20 feet behind an EcoSport that was fitted with the same rear camera Accessory.

All lights in the workshop were switched off. I was asked to sit in the driver's seat of the leading EcoSport(with engine running) and the headlights of my Figo, which was trailing and parked behind this EcoSport, were switched on. The IRVM in the EcoSport did not autodim nor did it have a day/night toggle switch.

I was asked if I found any difference between the IRVM behaviour in my Figo and the EcoSport, to which I said no difference at all. The works manager was of the opinion that the IRVM is supposed to auto-dim, as the manual suggests, but it doesn't and this needs to be taken up with Ford.

They interchanged the parking positions of my Figo and EcoSport and switched on the headlights of the EcoSport. They then shot a video of the IRVM glare in my Figo to show that the IRVM is not autodimming, took a front on pic and pic of the VIN. They said they will send all of this to Ford and see what they say.

I was happy that Cauvery Ford showed seriousness in investigating the issue. I put a reply to Ford Customer Care that I visited the workshop, as requested, to have the issue checked and asked them to follow up with the workshop for a solution.

One Feb 27, 2017, I was informed by the Works Manager that all the necessary information has been sent to Ford and a reply is awaited.

Deathly Silence
Since then, there has been a deathly silence from Ford regarding this issue. One March 09, 2017 I again sent a reminder to Ford asking for a solution. Just a robotic reply came that stating "Thank you for contacting Ford. Your concern number is XYZ." Great!!!! A new Service Request was raised without checking the status of the previous Service Request!!!!

Today, March 12, 2017, I called up Customer Care on their toll free number. Was able to get through to an executive only after 6-7 attempts!!!! God help those who are in emergency and need urgent help!!. Asked the executive to check the status of my Service Request. After a few seconds putting me on hold, he replied that the concerned person(Rajadurai.D) is on leave today and will call back as early as possible. When I asked him to check the status of the earlier compliant, he said after putting me on hold of few seconds, the concerned person(Sharath Kumar M) is also on leave and will call back as early as possible. I literally felt like. He said both service requests are still open and have not been closed. He said he has put in request for a Priority Urgent call back. I will wait a couple of days for a callback before contacting Ford CC again.

Smell of Petrol in the Cabin
Meanwhile , a troubling issue cropped up in the car. Nearly every morning when I would open the car for the first time, I would get smell of petrol in the cabin. After the car would run for a while, the smell would go away. On the outside, there is no smell at all. The issue was checked by Cauvery Ford, Baikampady and they said no leakages were found and that they cleaned the fuel lines and the issue would not recur. Thereafter, for a couple of days there was no smell but it started again. Planning to get this thoroughly investigated next month in time for the car's 2nd service.

Last edited by Jaggu : 15th March 2017 at 13:30. Reason: As requested, mobile number removed. Thanks.
skanchan95 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 15:56   #37
Senior - BHPian

Auto-dimming works only on the Ecosport & not the Figo!!!!!

The silence from Ford continued today as well. There was no call back either from Rajadurai or Sharath Kumar, as promised two days ago.

Called Customer Care again today. Took a while to connect to an executive today as well. After giving the Service request number to the executive, I was old Rajadurai is on another call and that he will arrange a callback. Irritated at this, I asked him if they were interested in solving the compliant or not and that this complaint has been dragging on for the last three weeks. He immediately connected the call to a Team Leader - Ms Vidya. She claimed that Rajadurai had called me and "informed" me about the issue. To which, I said I did not receive any call from Rajadurai or Ford. She said she will check with their technical team and call me back by 12:30 PM today.

At around 12:30 PM, I get a call from Ms Vidya, who took Rajadurai on a conference call. He introduced himself and said that they have checked with their technical team, the IRVM does not have auto-dimming/day-night feature. The Auto-dimming feature of the IRVM will only work on the Ecosport and not on the Figo. He was lying because the Ecosport in the workshop had the same accessory installed and it's IRVM did not auto-dim (somehow this did not strike me at that time).

If one has to make sense of what was said, installing the accessory on the Ecosport magically activates the auto-dimming feature on the IRVM while poor old Figo probably had some curse bestowed upon it that prevented the IRVM from auto-dimming!!!.

Seriously though, why would an accessory work as advertised in Car A and not in Car B? It is a fully independent accessory with a camera, IRVM, all the wiring and technically, the advertised features in the manual should not depend on the car it is being installed in!!!

When I asked why auto-dimming would not work on the Figo, he didn't have an explanation and he said "option is no there". I further asked him why does it not work when the manual claims that the IRVM has day/night feature?

To this, he seemed to have gotten a bit irritated and he spoke a bit rudely. He claimed that the manual is common to all models and on the website, nowhere it is mentioned that the IRVM has auto-dimming feature and that I was not understanding what he was trying to say. By now, he seemed to be stressing the point now that the auto-dimming/day-night feature is not there in the IRVM - a U-turn from the earlier claim of it working on the Ecosport, basically implying that the manual is wrong. That would mean Ford or its accessory supplier is fooling customers by selling the reverse camera IRVM accessory with a manual which claims that the IRVM has day/night feature. I saw no point in arguing with them further because they seemed to be speaking without thinking.

I asked for e-mail ids of Ford officials to escalate this further. To which, Ms Vidya butted in by saying "From our end,we cannot escalate as we are an end point". Extremely irritated and seething with anger, I asked them further where do I send a legal notice to the company over this issue, Rajadurai says send it on the e-mail id!!!! The guy does not even what a legal notice is and that it is actually sent to to the company HQ directly!!! These are the kind of geniuses you have in Ford Customer Care!!!!

In the later part of the conversation, I actually felt like this:
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold-shockmesay.jpg

An advice to Ford owners or potential Ford owners :- Avoid buying Ford genuine accessories. Not only are they overpriced, this is the kind of pathetic customer support you get for buying a Ford. First there was the door repaint fiasco last year and now this!!! They claim big things on TV, in reality, this is the pathetic state of affairs. I am now even skeptical of their service cost claims. I feel so irritated with this and the earlier episode that I feel it was probably a mistake going for Ford over Hyundai, after being fully aware how good Hyundai's ASC and service support in Mangalore is.

Meanwhile, please could anyone of you gentlemen suggest me a way to get around this? I see no point in asking Ford for help or an answer. They will stick to that foolish Ecosport/Figo claim of theirs!!! It is quite discomforting and hard to drive at night when there is high beam headlight glare from vehicles on the opposite lane and from the trailing vehicles on the IRVM.

Last edited by skanchan95 : 14th March 2017 at 16:18.
skanchan95 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 16:35   #38
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto-dimming works only on the Ecosport & not the Figo!!!!!

Quote:

If one has to make sense of what was said, installing the accessory on the Ecosport magically activates the auto-dimming feature on the IRVM while poor old Figo probably had some curse bestowed upon it that prevented the IRVM from auto-dimming!!!

Meanwhile, please could anyone of you gentlemen suggest me a way to get around this? I see no point in asking Ford for help or an answer. They will stick to that foolish Ecosport/Figo claim of theirs!!! It is quite discomforting and hard to drive at night when there is high beam headlight glare from vehicles on the opposite lane and from the trailing vehicles on the IRVM.
I'm really disappointed with Ford's response. I will now have to think twice before recommending Ford to anybody else.

This IRVM issue is a no-brainer; if the product is not working as advertised, they HAVE to replace/repair it. No point in dilly dallying. And I don't understand why the Cauvery Ford guys have not followed up on the matter. Why should the customer have to interact with someone else? The dealer should be our only window.

I myself was planning to buy some Ford Genuine accessories, assuming that they were reliable. Not any more!!
samaspire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 10:49   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
And I don't understand why the Cauvery Ford guys have not followed up on the matter. Why should the customer have to interact with someone else? The dealer should be our only window.

I myself was planning to buy some Ford Genuine accessories, assuming that they were reliable. Not any more!!
To the Cauvery's credit, they did their part in the checking the reported issue thoroughly and professionally. Frankly, I expected them only to take the car out on the road that evening and check the day/night functionality on the road. But by demonstrating the issue within the confines of the workshop, I felt it was a job well done.

From what I understand, Cauvery Ford was dependent on Ford for an answer to my complaint, which I don't think they got and hence I suspect there was silence from their side as well.

Meanwhile, this was the final reply received yesterday evening from Ford CC, hinting at closure of the complaint (three weeks after the complaint was lodged!!!!).

Quote:
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 4:54 PM
To: Sandesh Kanchan
Cc: XXXX ; XXXX .
Subject: Reply from Ford India - 8001XXXXX

Dear Mr.Sandesh,

Greetings from Ford India!

This is subsequent to our earlier correspondence regarding your vehicle bearing vin number MAJGXXXXXXXXX.

We wish to inform that we had a detailed discussion with our internal team regarding the concern you have registered with us. We wish to inform that auto dimming option is not available in your vehicle as accessory. At the outset , Please accept our sincere apologies on behalf of us/dealership for lapses if any. We wish to inform you that our service team along with our regional office has taken up this issue on a serious note. Feedback such as yours allows us to examine our practices and policies to ensure that we meet or exceed the expectations of our customers in the future. we regret for the inconvenience caused to you.

Trust your understanding on this.

Rajadurai.D
Customer Relations
Ford India Private Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Under the guise of warranty, Ford genuine accessories are overpriced. I had found a similar Reverse IRVM unit as Ford's (with auto-dimming option) on Alibaba at nearly half the price!!! I obviously can't go for that because it will void the warranty.

Figo branded illuminated scuff plates are available online at less than Rs 1.5K, but Ford's genuine ones cost 4K!!!
skanchan95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 23:34   #40

About to book Figo Titanium 1.2L Ti-VCT this week.

Other than the things pointed out in this thread and the PDI Checklist, kindly let me know what precautions should I take during the process?

Like specific things to look out for during PDI, insurance selection (ford preferred or some other), etc.

Thanks in advance friends!
rider_kaush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 22:15   #41
BHPian

Quote:
IRVM dimming issue
I am in the same boat with you for this IRVM night dimming issue. It does not work in Ecosport as well. When i was buying it , Harpreet Ford told me that it does not work. I showed them the manual and they said that it does not work, as they have never seen it work on any car with the same accessory fitted. I still went ahead, as i suspected they might not be understanding what I am trying to explain. How wrong was I.

I have now, just put black film on the rear window to avoid the glare and still curse the day i decided to go for OEM accessory in place of my preferred RD product.
BB311 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 10:24   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post
I am in the same boat with you for this IRVM night dimming issue. It does not work in Ecosport as well. When i was buying it , Harpreet Ford told me that it does not work. I showed them the manual and they said that it does not work, as they have never seen it work on any car with the same accessory fitted. I still went ahead, as i suspected they might not be understanding what I am trying to explain. How wrong was I.
Considering that the factory fitted IRVM does have day/night functionality, albeit manual, frankly I find it extremely stupid and irresponsible of Ford (and Nippon) to sell this IRVM without manual or automatic day/night functionality. What is the driver supposed to do when idiots blast you car with high beam? On top of that,, even the manual claims that the functionality is there!!!

Meanwhile after escalating the complaint further, finally Ford offered a full refund for the product. Frankly I wasn't interested in a refund from the beginning itself. My question to them was how could Ford sell something that wasn't working as claimed in the manual and my only concern was to get the thing working right. Other than a refund, they seemed helpless to do anything else. But for the absence of day/night functionality, I do find the reverse camera display helpful and rather than risking damage to the car during removal process of the Reverse Camera IRVM kit, I declined a refund and chose to retain it. But they promised to look into the issue and have notified their engineering team. I also requested them to stop withdraw this accessory from their dealerships before others fall prey to the IRVM stupidity.

I am looking for a workaround to the IRVM headlight glare issue myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post
I have now, just put black film on the rear window to avoid the glare and still curse the day i decided to go for OEM accessory in place of my preferred RD product.
This was the first thing suggested to me by my trusted car accessory guy when i told him about the IRVM headlight glare issue.
But I had a bad experience during sunfilm installation in our i20. Inspite of asking the ASC guys to be careful and getting assurances that the defogger would work fine after sunfilm installation, the rear half of the defogger stopped working after installation of the sunfilm. As they seemed sheepishly adamant that the defogger was working correctly, I had to "prove" to them the defogger wasn't working fully(the dried dust/mud along on the defogger lines was the only section of the defogger that was working, the bottom half wasn't working at all).

So I was not very keen on a rear glass sunfilm eventhough it is the perfect solution to the issue.

I had an idea of pasting a light sunfilm or a tablet screenguard(cutout in the IRVM's shape) on the IRVM itself. The car accessory guy said that he never tried it and said it may work but was worried about the visibility and damage to the rear camera display on the IRVM.

He suggested me a removable rear window curtain. It was made of closely knit and a very thin net like material custom made for various car models(very similar to mosquito nets but the holes were very minute). He had one for the Swift, but did not have one for the Figo. He said it would dissipate the high beam before it falls on the IRVM largely solving the issue I pointed out. He ordered for my Figo and I am waiting for it. I am hopeful that this will work or else I will have to try the IRVM sunfilm option.

Last edited by skanchan95 : 29th March 2017 at 10:26.
skanchan95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 17:10   #43
BHPian

Quote:
He suggested me a removable rear window curtain.
This was the first solution I employed on my Ecosport. Trust me, it works better than the sunfilm as it prevents the glare without reducing the rear view to a large extent. However, the reason I switched to Sun film was that the roller used to vibrate a lot due to my Sub-woofer and as such to have a clearer sound stage I had to make this sacrifice. Other than being a better solution, its also legal while sunfilm is not. To each, his own poison, I preffered sunfilm just because of better style and zero vibrations on "boom boom:
BB311 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 09:43   #44
BHPian

Re: The Reverse Camera IRVM fiasco - Does not work as Advertised

Quote:
The Reverse camera Fiasco

Smell of Petrol in the Cabin
Meanwhile , a troubling issue cropped up in the car. Nearly every morning when I would open the car for the first time, I would get smell of petrol in the cabin. After the car would run for a while, the smell would go away. On the outside, there is no smell at all. The issue was checked by Cauvery Ford, Baikampady and they said no leakages were found and that they cleaned the fuel lines and the issue would not recur. Thereafter, for a couple of days there was no smell but it started again. Planning to get this thoroughly investigated next month in time for the car's 2nd service.
Hi skanchan95, were you able to understand the cause of the problem?
I am also facing same problem, however it is not everyday that I drive my car and anot every time I start driving this smell comes.
gauravanekar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 13:22   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravanekar View Post
Hi skanchan95, were you able to understand the cause of the problem?
I am also facing same problem, however it is not everyday that I drive my car and anot every time I start driving this smell comes.
Hi Gaurav

No, the problem persists the same way as earlier and I really don't know what's the cause of the issue.

I was told that if the issue recurs, I will have to leave the car for a day at the workshop for thorough investigation.

The 2nd service is due next week and I will ask them to check the issue thoroughly.

Most Viewed