Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2017, 08:41   #91
BANNED

Re: S-Cross 1.6 - Addictiveness Personified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keynote View Post
3M frame-less wipers - Rs. 1400/-
They look brilliant Sir on the S-Cross.

It is high time Maruti did something VFM in the wiper blades section and introduce the frameless ones just like how the Germans give on their cars. A treat to watch them swipe.

I have earlier tried Hella Curvo (Frameless) and Autofurnish frameless wipers on my Swift but both the times it was bad experience so reverted to conventional type.

Shall give the 3M a try and see if they do any good to the car and survive one season. Price being on the higher side as usual with any 3M product.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2017, 19:15   #92
BHPian

re: Maruti S-Cross 1.6L - Addictiveness Personified. EDIT: 50,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
The forms of addictiveness has been beautifully described. Feelings expressed by you reminds me of my excitement and joy after driving the Getz CRDI 10 years back.
I'm so glad to hear that you were able to relate it with the Getz CRDI. Honestly I just didn't know how else I could have explained it, but happy it came out well at last.

Quote:
Lovely pics of Tusker
Man, like many I've been a fan of your Scross pictures shared in the official review thread. Many started believing Scross can look beautiful too after looking at those drool worthy pictures you managed to capture. So kudos to you for sharing them.

Quote:
Shall buzz you for nearby drive destinations from Bangalore. Drive on. Keep torquing.
Please do, will be happy to help you in anyways I could. Some of us have been thinking about a trip to Bhutan. Would you like to give it a shot and take your sleeper for a drive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
They look brilliant on the S-Cross. It is high time Maruti did something VFM in the wiper blades section and introduce the frameless ones just like how the Germans give on their cars. A treat to watch them swipe.
Thank you Anurag. I agree MSIL should add such things atleast on costliest car in their line-up which will surely add to the premiumness. Let's forget the wipers for a moment, MSIL just failed to give a worthy headlamps for their top of the line crossover with such a powerful engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Shall give the 3M a try and see if they do any good to the car and survive one season. Price being on the higher side as usual with any 3M product.
Yes, they are a bit on the higher side and hopefully would survive a season. However the wipers do a really good job during rains and has also improved the visibility being frameless. Fellow bhpian Sudeep and few others have already got these after checking them out in my vehicle.
Keynote is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th June 2017, 21:17   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Anurag. I agree MSIL should add such things atleast on costliest car in their line-up which will surely add to the premiumness. Let's forget the wipers for a moment, MSIL just failed to give a worthy headlamps for their top of the line crossover with such a powerful engine.
Also the tyres, such a "premium" tyre for the premium car
arvind71181 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2017, 16:16   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Man, like many I've been a fan of your Scross pictures shared in the official review thread. Many started believing Scross can look beautiful too after looking at those drool worthy pictures you managed to capture. So kudos to you for sharing them.
Thank you.
Quote:
Some of us have been thinking about a trip to Bhutan. Would you like to give it a shot and take your sleeper for a drive?

Bhutan would be awesome. Count me in.
Few friends from Bangalore did the Bhutan trip in Laura Tsi recently so I can take some inputs from them as well.
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2017, 17:16   #95
BHPian

Maruti S-Cross 1.6L - Addictiveness Personified. EDIT: 50,000 km up!-3m-wipers.jpg

Inspired by BHP-ian KeyNote who got himself these, I too got myself a pair of these 3M Wipers, sometime back.

One word about them - Excellent! Absolutely worth the 1600 M.R.P. Got them installed at 3M outlet in Indiranagar, Bangalore.

The OEM wiper blades were replaced in the first week of car's delivery as they were streaking. The replacement wipers lasted all of one week and started streaking, but I kept it for one year and by the time the last monsoons were over, they were streaking pretty bad. The quality of OEM wipers from Maruti is very bad. My comparo is based on the wiper blades I had in my Honda city that lasted over 4 years and then barely started streaking!

The premium-ness of S-Cross as claimed is nowhere what it is in reality, IMO

Please note, the wipers are not of OEM size (which is 26/14), rather they are 24/16. They look good compared to OEM blades and also function brilliantly

Installed
Maruti S-Cross 1.6L - Addictiveness Personified. EDIT: 50,000 km up!-img20170601wa0022.jpg

Last edited by sudeepg : 9th June 2017 at 17:35.
sudeepg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th June 2017, 16:11   #96
BHPian

Well narrated ownership thread, and superb snaps to compliment. Keep it up!
At the same time, you are shying us by having the FE, that is not even in my remote dreams.

Last edited by lovetorque : 11th June 2017 at 16:12. Reason: correction
lovetorque is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 01:29   #97
BHPian

Quick update on ONE Year of blissful ownership

9th June 2017 exactly marked an year of ownership since taking delivery of the vehicle. Though wanted it to be a low key affair in the end it was truly celebrated in style. Eager to know how? Take a look!

Maruti S-Cross 1.6L - Addictiveness Personified. EDIT: 50,000 km up!-one-year.jpg

Maruti S-Cross 1.6L - Addictiveness Personified. EDIT: 50,000 km up!-one-year1.jpg

Maruti S-Cross 1.6L - Addictiveness Personified. EDIT: 50,000 km up!-one-year2.jpg
  • It was just a coincidence that my wife found out these when I casually mentioned about a year with our tusker.
  • Well these were NOT gifts from my wife, rather she found these which were lying untouched in a box for a while now.
  • There was a Crossover Hunt conducted by NEXA in select cities and for Bangalore I was one among the customers to be invited.
  • This was almost 6-8 months ago when I was too busy at work so could not share it in the forum here(apologies)
  • But the funny side is these are just the souvenirs as consolation for NOT winning the contest.
  • You will be surprised to know the kind of gifts NEXA gave for customers who managed to win the contest.Anyways will keep that update / discussion for some other day.

Cost of Ownership at ONE year mark :

Upgrades /Maintenance etc. in the past year.

Michelin P3ST tyres - ~Rs.12000/- (just a ball park figure as they were gifts from my cousin and replaced with famous JKs on day one)
3M Wiper blades, other 3M work that was carried out from date of purchase until now - ~Rs.20000/-
10K Paid Service at Pratham service center - Rs.3922/-
Wheel balancing & allignment from day one until 10k service done at Madhu's - ~Rs.2000/-
Fuel Bills - ~Rs.45000/-
Grand Total - ~ Rs.83000/-

What did we get in return was nothing less than ~12300 KMs of un-adulterated fun, unmatched driving & travelling pleasure. Except for the rat bite event and brakes that were bled due to the spongy effect post 10K service, Crossover has been kept in mint condition and has served us well the way we want it to be. Thank you to one and all for all the help that was extended be it before the purchase of Crossover or during current and future years of ownership to come. We remain thoroughly satisfied.

Maruti S-Cross 1.6L - Addictiveness Personified. EDIT: 50,000 km up!-year-odometer.jpeg

If we thought these weren't enough reasons for the celebration, meeting fellow bhpians and Scross enthusiasts along with a guest appearance by one of the budget HOT hatch was an icing on cake on the same day. As they say, good things do come in small packages isn't it?

Detailed report about the meet, pictures are in progress and will be shared by another member of the tribe very soon. Stay tuned folks. Do enjoy the teaser pictures until then.

PC: Respective Photographers

Maruti S-Cross 1.6L - Addictiveness Personified. EDIT: 50,000 km up!-teaser.jpeg

Maruti S-Cross 1.6L - Addictiveness Personified. EDIT: 50,000 km up!-teaser-2.jpeg

Hope you all enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed penning down here. As always will look forward to your valuable comments & feedback. So please keep them coming.

Last edited by Keynote : 12th June 2017 at 01:34.
Keynote is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 01:56   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Since there were good feedback's about Reliance diesel,tanked up the same near Neelambur-Kaniyur which is on the way. Hence total trip mileage was calculated for 350 kms this time as against 374 kms during onward journey. Also had to adjust the tyre pressure due to the load and hence tyre pressure at front was set to - 36 psi
& rear at - 38 psi.[/b]
Great updates and fantastic mileage. Bigger engines tend to give decent mileage as they run more relaxed at high rpm.

I have one question through. Given that the engine weight is at the front wouldn't you generally maintain a higher air pressure on the front tyres and a lower one at the rear? Or perhaps same at both ends.

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 11:53   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetorque View Post
Well narrated ownership thread, and superb snaps to compliment. Keep it up! At the same time, you are shying us by having the FE, that is not even in my remote dreams.
Thank you lovetorque, glad you liked it. Hoping the review and updates so far including the ONE year report have been of help to current and future owners. Well i've taken resolution NOT to talk about FE anymore, so will leave that discussion for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Great updates,Bigger engines tend to give decent mileage as they run more relaxed at high rpm. I have one question through. Given that the engine weight is at the front wouldn't you generally maintain a higher air pressure on the front tyres and a lower one at the rear? Or perhaps same at both ends.
Thank you Shibu. I generally keep 34 psi all around as long as there are no more than 4 passengers. During our return journey, the luggage and boot load was more than the engine load at the front and hence the difference. (yes too much of love was carried after visiting parents and in-laws) Moreover it almost matches the recommended air pressure by the manufacturer. Please refer to Page #1, post #5 of the official review section of Scross or below here.
Maruti S-Cross 1.6L - Addictiveness Personified. EDIT: 50,000 km up!-marutiscross14.jpg
Keynote is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2017, 14:36   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Detailed report about the meet, pictures are in progress and will be shared by another member of the tribe very soon.
Full report put up in the Bangalore quick meet section
S-cross Bangalore Meet
sudeepg is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th June 2017, 21:21   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Full report put up in the Bangalore quick meet section
S-cross Bangalore Meet
Thanks Sudeep, great report and looks like you guys had a great time. Hope to be somewhere near Bangalore when the next meet happens
arvind71181 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2017, 23:40   #102
BHPian

Congrats Keynote for completing a great one year with your Tusker!!! Really glad we got to meet on your anniversary and got to celebrate together

Wish you many more happy miles and hope we get to meet more often especially since we stay pretty close by.
Vigkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2017, 11:27   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
OK, but why did I drive 450 KM all of a sudden??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Congrats Keynote for completing a great one year with your Tusker!!! Really glad we got to meet on your anniversary and got to celebrate together.
No doubt it was a great meet for all of us who made it and this has only laid foundation for many more such meets to come.

Special credits to Dr.Naren and Yourself for being such bravehearts.

Dr.Naren for driving all the way from Mysore and yourself for attending the meet though you had a private matter to attend to at the stroke of midnight.

Last edited by Keynote : 15th June 2017 at 11:35.
Keynote is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2017, 22:03   #104
BHPian

Quick update from a weekend highway trip covering ~1100 KMs :

Route : Bangalore-Coimbatore-Pollachi-Valparai-Pollachi-Coimbatore-Bangalore

Initial plan was just to go to Coimbatore for some personal work. However thanks to the long weekend and a casual chat with Wifeji we ended up visiting Aaliyar Dam near Pollachi and Sri Balaji Temple enroute Valparai. One of my friend had this to say " You are at the right place at the right time, just enjoy". And believe me folks the experience was just too good with mist, monsoons and lush greenery all around while we were there. Most of the pictures & videos were taken by myself on iphone 6s except the one with butter smooth tarmac was taken by Wifeji using the same iphone.

Range after the fuel was tanked up.
Maruti S-Cross 1.6L - Addictiveness Personified. EDIT: 50,000 km up!-img_5027.jpg

In and around Aaliyar Dam, Pollachi

In and around Sri Balaji Temple, Valaparai

Relaxing a bit after climbing 40 hair-pin bends. Sometimes it is surely LOT more fun to bend it like Beckham than running on the straights!
Maruti S-Cross 1.6L - Addictiveness Personified. EDIT: 50,000 km up!-img_5205.jpg

While descending down from the temple, notice the butter smooth tarmac.
PC: Wifeji

Maruti S-Cross 1.6L - Addictiveness Personified. EDIT: 50,000 km up!-img_5209.jpg

While at Coimbatore, also visited my cousin's tyre shop who in turn wanted to test crossovers capabilities. So took it for a spin on a open stretch and we were able to cover 60 km drive in about ~20 minutes with rpms ranging from 1500 to 3250. This was on stock 1.6 engine without remap and Tusker was very much composed, planted firmly on the ground and never felt jittery at all during the course of this wild test.

While at his shop we also checked for the tread depth of tyres on a new P3ST stock tyre of 8 MM vs mine 7.8 MM which has run more than 13000 kms. My respect towards the quality and durability of P3STs has gone up just based on this real time experience.

Can you spot the difference?
Maruti S-Cross 1.6L - Addictiveness Personified. EDIT: 50,000 km up!-collage.jpg

Topped up fuel again at the most sought after Reliance Diesel before returning to Bangalore
Maruti S-Cross 1.6L - Addictiveness Personified. EDIT: 50,000 km up!-reliance.jpg

At the end of journey and after reaching the base in Bangalore

Maruti S-Cross 1.6L - Addictiveness Personified. EDIT: 50,000 km up!-img_5231.jpg

Hope you all enjoyed reading/watching it as much as I enjoyed penning down about this trip. As always will look forward to your valuable comments & feedback. So please keep them coming.

Last edited by Keynote : 28th June 2017 at 22:22.
Keynote is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 29th June 2017, 10:05   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quick update from a weekend highway trip covering ~1100 KMs :

Route : Bangalore-Coimbatore-Pollachi-Valparai-Pollachi-Coimbatore-Bangalore

1100 kms over the weekend is what the Scross 1.6 loves to do.

The area around Aaliyaar dam looks stunning.

Next time in CBE, I shall try this route.

Thanks for sharing.
kpzen is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed