Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2017, 00:24   #46
BHPian

re: Maruti S-Cross 1.6L - Addictiveness Personified. EDIT: 50,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
I always used to think the S cross was a confused product but seeing it over time made me admire it's subtle nature. Saw this lovely one at church yesterday. Loved the work did on the tyres, alloys and the matt grill.
Thank you. That is my car

It doesn't score well in the looks department. The 1.6 motor made me go for it and it's appearance grew on me, with time.
grease.monkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 11:42   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grease.monkey View Post
Thank you. That is my car

It doesn't score well in the looks department. The 1.6 motor made me go for it and it's appearance grew on me, with time.
Hey hey, small world! Yeah, this car got my attention the minute I saw it 2 weeks back or so, just fell in love with the alloy design and the tyres. And then I see it again next week at the same church and thought I need to take pics of it to share. BTW, hope you don't mind I did that.
rosh_aveo1.4 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 11:48   #48
BHPian

Re: S-Cross 1.6 - Addictiveness Personified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keynote View Post
Driving Experience :

The crossover has covered 9000+ kms so far. Its been a pleasant and trouble-free journey over a period of eight months with a 70:30 split between City:Highway.
Congratulations on your amazing purchase. 1.6L is surely a beast in itself - one that is all heart vs brain in this segment. Glad you went with the heart, brain approves sooner or later

Your "fantasy version" of driving experience was really waken me up. I think i feel motivated enough to ride about the Audi S3 ownership experience now that I have closed 1 year on it
kanishka88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 13:36   #49
BHPian

Congratulations Keynote on your ride. Brilliant review and amazing pictures, I must say. Love the color of your 1.6. I wanted to get the same, but they didn't have it in stock. So, it was either Blue or White, for me.

Tusker sounds like an apt name for your car. Tall, dark, butch and powerful. I named mine Panda. Thinking of getting a small 'Panda' decal too

Happy mile crunching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
Hey hey, small world! Yeah, this car got my attention the minute I saw it 2 weeks back or so, just fell in love with the alloy design and the tyres. And then I see it again next week at the same church and thought I need to take pics of it to share. BTW, hope you don't mind I did that.
Thanks a lot mate. Took me a while to find the right set of wheels for the car. Options were limited. And I don't mind at all. I do the same too
grease.monkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 13:55   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

That's a LOVELY report there Keynote. Well framed sentences and even better photography. Your wife seems to be really talented. I could feel your happiness in choosing the FUN car and enjoying it to the fullest. Please do keep it on going with pictures at regular intervals and milestones.

Wish you miles of smiles and safe motoring!
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 16:33   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanishka88 View Post
Congratulations on your amazing purchase. 1.6L is surely a beast in itself - one that is all heart vs brain in this segment. Glad you went with the heart, brain approves sooner or later Your "fantasy version" of driving experience was really waken me up. I think i feel motivated enough to ride about the Audi S3 ownership experience now that I have closed 1 year on it
Thank you kanishka88, glad you liked it. Trust me there isn't a better feeling when someone says reading this review had a positive impact and is motivated to pen down an ownership review. Hoping to see your ownership review soon.

Quote:
Be it any vehicle from a Nano to Yeti, looks of a vehicle is very subjective and it grows on you isn't it? For me personally, looks has NEVER been or will score above performance (driving dynamics,ride quality) of a vehicle. Whenever there is a talk about looks, my Tusker has an immediate and humble answer,on a lighter note though!

Picture abhi baaki hai mere dost...

I may have a drooping nose...
Maruti S-Cross 1.6L - Addictiveness Personified. EDIT: 50,000 km up!-tusker1.jpg

...but don't you all take pride when on a ride
Maruti S-Cross 1.6L - Addictiveness Personified. EDIT: 50,000 km up!-tusker2.jpg

Quote:
Congratulations Keynote on your ride. Brilliant review and amazing pictures, I must say. Love the color of your 1.6. I wanted to get the same, but they didn't have it in stock.
Happy that you like the review and set of pictures. Congratulations to you on getting the crossover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
That's a LOVELY report there Keynote. Well framed sentences and even better photography. Your wife seems to be really talented. I could feel your happiness in choosing the FUN car and enjoying it to the fullest. Please do keep it on going with pictures at regular intervals and milestones.Wish you miles of smiles and safe motoring!
Thanks a TON swiftnfurious. This wouldn't have happened, had it not been for some expert opinions from folks like you as I've mentioned time and again both here and the official review sections. Thank you for taking the time out in reading the review and appreciating the work done by my wife.
Keynote is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 19:10   #52
BHPian

Congratulations buddy. Tusker is the right word indeed. 1.6 engine is an absolute gem. Interior quality has definitely improved over other models.
Wishing you safe and trouble free drives.
behaln is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 09:53   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on acquiring the most under-rated car in its segment.

Neighbor's envy, Owner's pride is all it can be summed up in terms of the driving dynamics, super fuel efficient and peace of mind considering it from Maruti Suzuki and more so it being a global offering.

Well penned report and wishing you a great ownership of the Tusker!
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 22:13   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for reading the review and kind words of appreciation. For the high standards of content that we all see in tbhp, I feel this is a very minimalist effort from my side in penning down an unbiased review with my limited knowledge about the vehicles.
That is the beauty of tbhp, isn't it? Getting Unbiased reviews not just from the official reviewers but also from the users who gets the opportunity to let out their thoughts to the world. Keep up the good work.
techieaditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 20:34   #55
BHPian

With ODO reading at ~9200 KMs, was wondering if it would be wise to do the 3rd service a bit earlier than the recommended 10k mark. Just then, a random check of the engine bay over the weekend threw a nasty surprise of rat bite.
Maruti S-Cross 1.6L - Addictiveness Personified. EDIT: 50,000 km up!-img_4508.jpg

On closer inspection, could see 3 out of 4 wires are cut.
Maruti S-Cross 1.6L - Addictiveness Personified. EDIT: 50,000 km up!-img_4509.jpg

Maruti S-Cross 1.6L - Addictiveness Personified. EDIT: 50,000 km up!-img_4510.jpg

A quick check on MID did NOT show any malfunction symbol / beep sound / any issues while driving. All electrical components like ACC, ICE, Power Windows, all lights are working fine. Nevertheless keeping a close eye for any issues that might crop-up. In the meantime, any suggestions on what specifically to look out for from fellow bhpians would be of great help.
Old 3rd April 2017, 21:19   #56
BANNED

Quote:
Just then, a random check of the engine bay over the weekend threw a nasty surprise of rat bite.

Wires exposed are of ones going to the MAF sensor. Try and get that replaced ASAP.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 21:24   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
With ODO reading at ~9200 KMs, was wondering if it would be wise to do the 3rd service a bit earlier than the recommended 10k mark. Just then, a random check of the engine bay over the weekend threw a nasty surprise of rat bite.
Attachment 1626043

On closer inspection, could see 3 out of 4 wires are cut.
Attachment 1626044

Attachment 1626045

A quick check on MID did NOT show any malfunction symbol / beep sound / any issues while driving. All electrical components like ACC, ICE, Power Windows, all lights are working fine. Nevertheless keeping a close eye for any issues that might crop-up. In the meantime, any suggestions on what specifically to look out for from fellow bhpians would be of great help.

Any power loss experienced .?

I think yellow wire is still intact so the sensor is still getting power.

Anyways please get it replaced asap.
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 21:25   #58
BHPian

That seems like the MAF (Mass air flow sensor). The wires going kaput can result in the car going to limp mode (no turbo, limited revs) if the engine is programmed that way, or it can continue running with some loss in efficiency if the engine can run off the MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) sensor alone.

Best to get it checked by the service center ASAP. If you have access to an OBD II reader, checking for error codes will help as well.
d3mon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 21:39   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Wires exposed are of ones going to the MAF sensor. Try and get that replaced ASAP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Any power loss experienced .?....Anyways please get it replaced asap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
Best to get it checked by the service center ASAP.
Thanks a lot for all your replies. There is no power-loss experienced currently. Will get this sorted out right away as I've booked an appointment with NEXA for first thing tomorrow morning.
Old 3rd April 2017, 22:48   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot for all your replies. There is no power-loss experienced currently. Will get this sorted out right away as I've booked an appointment with NEXA for first thing tomorrow morning.
Yes, do get it rectified. It looks like the sensor is still getting the power and that's why no CEL. Even if you remove the MAF sensor.. You could still drive the car and there won't be any power loss. But, yes you will get CEL.

If possible do find out the cost of that MAF sensor, it's Bosch : Made in Germany.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 3rd April 2017 at 22:49.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed