Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2017, 20:25   #106
Senior - BHPian

re: Maruti S-Cross 1.6L - Addictiveness Personified. EDIT: 50,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keynote View Post
Quick update from a weekend highway trip covering ~1100 KMs :
Route : Bangalore-Coimbatore-Pollachi-Valparai-Pollachi-Coimbatore-Bangalore
Good update and pics! I have done this route multiple times in the last few years as I had a cousin who was working for Tata Coffee in Valparai. It is very good that you stuck to the route that you have taken and did not venture out further from Valparai & beyond in the Parambikulam dam route. Until the dam the roads are fine, but beyond that the road becomes very narrow and it becomes very difficult for 2 hatchbacks to pass each other without one of them going onto the shoulder of the road. We did this only once when we wanted to visit Athirampally waterfalls. Though the falls visit was good, getting there and back was horrific with unruly traffic and small roads. The roads are well laid but very narrow. Would have been harrowing with the cross over on those roads. This is an update from early 2016 so not sure if situation has improved now or not. Doubt it though since there was no scope for road expansion during our last visit as it is a cliff on one side and hill on the other.

OT: Glad to see that you're enjoying the beast for what it was meant to be. Was thinking i will find some updates on FE here too but you have managed to omit it somehow!! Not that it is a bad thing to share FE for the trip but the stir you caused on the official review thread by scaring other 1.6 owners was a sight to behold!!
abhinav.s is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th June 2017, 13:31   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
1100 kms over the weekend is what the Scross 1.6 loves to do. The area around Aaliyaar dam looks stunning.
Thank you kpzen Saheb. Lets do a coastal drive across Karnataka with some like minded folks soon.
As wiseman quotes : "Water is the most perfect traveler, because when it travels it becomes the path itself"

Quote:
Next time in CBE, I shall try this route.
Coimbatore to Pollachi road work is in progress but still it is in much better shape than what it was couple of months ago. Vehicles with low GC might need to be little cautious, but for the crossover it was piece of cake with some nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Good update and pics! I have done this route multiple times in the last few years as I had a cousin who was working for Tata Coffee in Valparai. It is very good that you stuck to the route that you have taken and did not venture out further from Valparai & beyond in the Parambikulam dam route.
Thanks Abhinav. This is just 110 kms away from our place in Coimbatore hence it was a day-trip planned specifically to visit Aaliyar dam & Sri Balaji temple en route Valparai. Temple is located in a private estate and there is a deviation at left side one needs to take for ~7 KMs enroute Valparai to reach the scared place. After this, there is another deviation at the 5 KMs mark. We missed the sign-board on the left and went ahead for another 2.5 kms up the hill where the road literally ended and we had to return. Though the roads up the hill are fantastic to drive it became very narrow during those 2.5 kms and guess what, we came head on with a Govt. Bus. (for a moment i thought of meeting the GOD directly rather at the temple) But both the Bus driver and myself kept calm and I had to shoulder of the road to let the Bus pass by. That was quite an experience with 4 other family members on-board, so I can totally relate to what you have mentioned. As always thanks for the pointers, they are of great help not just for me but for folks reading this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
OT: Glad to see that you're enjoying the beast for what it was meant to be. Was thinking i will find some updates on FE here too but you have managed to omit it somehow!!
You bet. I'm in complete form now after this trip and tusker is also in too much free revving mode. You shall never see mention of FE anymore unless someone sends me private message asking for the same. I do like to live in peace and harmony without causing a stir

Last edited by Keynote : 30th June 2017 at 13:33.
Keynote is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 18:41   #108
BHPian

Few pictures of my tusker from a Sunday drive of ~200 KMs within Namma Bengaluru. We did spot many vehicles with team-bhp stickers during this short trip.

Who says current version of Scross doesn't look good in its stock avatar? All these pictures are taken on #iphone without any filters or post processing.

Maruti S-Cross 1.6L - Addictiveness Personified. EDIT: 50,000 km up!-img5451.jpg

Maruti S-Cross 1.6L - Addictiveness Personified. EDIT: 50,000 km up!-img5448-1.jpg

Attachment 1657843
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross 1.6L - Addictiveness Personified. EDIT: 50,000 km up!-img5450.jpg  

Keynote is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th July 2017, 01:07   #109
BHPian

The car looks absolutely stunning in that color and from those angles. It's one of my favorite colors, if not the best, on the current generation S-Cross. It comes closest to Black.
I hope they launch at least the facelift with the black color option! Would look absolutely wicked in black with blackened front grill and alloys. Just drooling even thinking about it.
Djay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 18:26   #110
Team-BHP Support

Note from Mod: Some posts on the projector fog light installation have been split into a standalone thread.

Operation XP Micro: Projector fog lights for my S-Cross (Group DIY!)

Rehaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 09:49   #111
BHPian

Don't need a Compass to go anywhere. Just need to be at the appropriate gear and rpm to go anywhere ! (Just for fun and no offence meant to anyone) Maruti S-Cross 1.6L - Addictiveness Personified. EDIT: 50,000 km up!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1505276144.771700.jpgMaruti S-Cross 1.6L - Addictiveness Personified. EDIT: 50,000 km up!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1505276166.303807.jpgMaruti S-Cross 1.6L - Addictiveness Personified. EDIT: 50,000 km up!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1505276187.011419.jpg

Picture Credits : by yours truly using iPhone 6s.
Editing Credits : apna friendly kpzen
Location Courtesy : Chikmagalur

Last edited by Keynote : 13th September 2017 at 10:14.
Keynote is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 19:22   #112
BHPian

Completed 20K service today at BIMAL service center.

This is the Fourth Service update with Odo at ~18800 Kms. (Last service was done at ~9200 Kms at Pratham Motors)

tusker at the Nexa Bay
Maruti S-Cross 1.6L - Addictiveness Personified. EDIT: 50,000 km up!-img_71761.jpg

All mandatory things listed in the manual were performed like
  • 0W30 Engine oil and oil filter replacement.
  • Fuel (Diesel) filter replacement.
  • Air filter replacement.
  • Cabin filter replacement.
  • Caliper pin greasing and Brake fuids.
  • Installing the MOST sought after Euro Grills (on request). Thanks to our friend Arun, who got these Euro grills from land of "Vikings and darkness" - Sweeden
  • Hence bought additional "S" suzuki logo's for my car and for another friend of mine which be fixed soon.
  • Now that 1.6 is engine has been stopped, got the 1.6 label (as seen in my display picture) as spare just in case if anyone steals them
  • Windshield washer nozzle clean-up.
  • Tyre rotation (4 Wheels)
  • Wheel alignment will be done later this week outside and not at MASS.
  • Did not opt for Car washing, as I can do a much better job using ONR.
Service Bill at BIMAL - Rs.10,050/- including taxes. This includes the labour charges of 1950 + 351 taxes. No additional labor/cost was charged separately for performing any specific work.
Ball park figure for Wheel alignment - Rs. 450/- including taxes
Total expense for 4th service (including the additional items that were procured) - Rs.10,500/-

Bills attached for reference
Maruti S-Cross 1.6L - Addictiveness Personified. EDIT: 50,000 km up!-img_7197.jpg

Maruti S-Cross 1.6L - Addictiveness Personified. EDIT: 50,000 km up!-img_7198.jpg

Overall - Extremely satisfied and rated 10/10.
  • On Schedule both on receiving and delivering the car.(10 AM - 1 PM)
  • No restrictions on customer being with the car while being serviced and additional unscheduled work accommodated without hesitation.
  • Very well informed Mr.Hemprasad (SA exclusively for NEXA vehicles) & Mr.Pinto (Senior Technical Engineer) who personally supervised the work that was carried on.
  • Experienced Mechanics Mr.Pavan & Mr.Jagan who carried out the entire work with a smile and courtesy.

Changes noticed post service :

After the Final inspection was done along with a test drive, crossover is in top-notch condition. The engine feels much smoother due to the replacement of many parts & fluids as mentioned above and the braking ability is spot on. And boy, the crossover looks leaner, meaner, fitter and aggressive after installing the Euro Grills. What a transformation it has brought out, many of our like minded folks in our small Scross Whatsapp group (mind you some of them don't own Scross and are Ford & prospective Hyundai owner's) had the first opportunity to look at them and they only had good things to say about how it looks now. Will share the pictures probably by next week as we are working on some selfie's of tusker and groupfie as few others have also got these Euro grills. But here is one last picture with the India specific grill (of course the pre-facelift) for your viewing pleasure.

Maruti S-Cross 1.6L - Addictiveness Personified. EDIT: 50,000 km up!-scross_team-bhp2.jpg

Ohh by the way, tusker is almost rattle-free as some of us did a simple DIY to fix the rattles in Sunglass holder and parcel tray. So thanks to Sudeep, Krish & Chandru for coming up with such simple and creative ideas to get rid of these rattles. Lets see what was done.

A felt-lining cloth is used and cut with precision and placed inside the Sun-glass holder.
Maruti S-Cross 1.6L - Addictiveness Personified. EDIT: 50,000 km up!-img_7089.jpg

3M noodle mat strip is used along with 3M double sided tapes to stick them.
Maruti S-Cross 1.6L - Addictiveness Personified. EDIT: 50,000 km up!-img_7088.jpg

With parcel-tray in place
Maruti S-Cross 1.6L - Addictiveness Personified. EDIT: 50,000 km up!-img_7190.jpg

I hope this post was helpful and a meaningful one. As always feel free to hit me up with any questions and I shall be happy to answers them. Happy Scrossing !

Last edited by Keynote : 12th October 2017 at 19:42.
Keynote is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 20:01   #113
BHPian

Okay Okay, please don't beat me up for delaying the gratification. Here are some Customary pictures post the Euro Grill installation. More pictures will be shared at a later date. I now have BOLD answers if someone refers to "looks" of my tusker Mind you, these are unedited pictures and without any filters.

Maruti S-Cross 1.6L - Addictiveness Personified. EDIT: 50,000 km up!-img_71941.jpg

From another angle
Maruti S-Cross 1.6L - Addictiveness Personified. EDIT: 50,000 km up!-img_71931.jpg

Last edited by Keynote : 12th October 2017 at 20:06.
Keynote is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 20:22   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After installing the Euro Grills. What a transformation it has brought out, many of our like minded folks in our small Scross Whatsapp group (mind you some of them don't own Scross and are Ford & prospective Hyundai owner's) had the first opportunity to look at them and they only had good things to say about how it looks now. Will share the pictures probably by next week as we are working on some selfie's of tusker and groupfie as few others have also got these Euro grills. But here is one last picture with the India specific grill (of course the pre-facelift) for your viewing pleasure.
Incredible transformation
Finally, grill has reached its destination after a roller coaster ride all the way from Sweden.
Arun

Glad to know Bimal has 1.6 service parts in stock. (Even the air filter).
What’s the location of this MASS ?

Last edited by kpzen : 12th October 2017 at 20:24.
kpzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 20:26   #115
BHPian

Made for each other- the grey color and the grill. What looker it is now. Super upgrade keynote, and congratulations!
jaunthead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 20:29   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Incredible transformation.
Glad to know Bimal has 1.6 service parts in stock. (Even the air filter).
What’s the location of this MASS ?
Apologies, i forgot to mention that in my previous post. Its the BIMAL, at Mahadevpura diagonally opposite to Phoenix Mall.
Old 12th October 2017, 20:32   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Okay Okay, please don't beat me up for delaying the gratification. Here are some Customary pictures post the Euro Grill installation. More pictures will be shared at a later date. I now have BOLD answers if someone refers to "looks" of my tusker Mind you, these are unedited pictures and without any filters.
Your car looks smashing. Itch is for me to do as well. Anyway to get these grills without actually having a person bring it ? Also what is the cost involved in this change?
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 20:42   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Your car looks smashing. Itch is for me to do as well. Anyway to get these grills without actually having a person bring it ? Also what is the cost involved in this change?
Thanks Arvind. Costed us 374 Swedish Krona's ie Rs.3000/-.

For the non-chrome lovers, the simplest thing MSIL could have done is given us atleast an option to buy these Euro Spec Grills as an accessory here in India. How I wish this alone could have had some additional impact on the sales numbers .

Last edited by Keynote : 12th October 2017 at 20:43.
Keynote is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 22:09   #119
BHPian

Quote:

What a transformation it has brought out, many of our like minded folks in our small Scross Whatsapp group (mind you some of them don't own Scross and are Ford & prospective Hyundai owner's) had the first opportunity to look at them and they only had good things to say about how it looks now.
Recently bought an S-Cross 1.6 in Bombay and would love to be added to this WhatsApp group, if it's not city-specific. Got a link I can join with?
yash1229 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 23:03   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Here are some Customary pictures post the Euro Grill installation.
If I may dare say, this takes the style quotient a notch above the restyled version
pannags is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed