Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2016, 12:38   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: From Grande Punto to the Abarth Punto

Congratulations on your brilliant car from another neighborhood Navi Mumbai Team BHPian. This is one car that I really want to buy but have not done it primarily due to lack of support from Fiat in the Navi Mumbai area. With a 9-5 job it really is tough atleast for someone like me to visit some far off Fiat service center to get service and support. I really hope Fiat opens up something in the vicinity.

I have owned a Fiat Uno and extensively driven a Palio and test driven a Tjet thrice when it was launched and really know and love all Fiat cars.

I will be glued to this thread and will be on a lookout for you Abarth in the vicinity. Happy miles and smiles to you for the future.
SPARKled is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 12:50   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Wish you thousands of happy miles on your new acquisition.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Congrats buddy!!

Abarth Punto is the best car from Fiat in India. They could have made it better with minimal efforts. But I do appreciate Fiat for providing a car with 145 bhp at 10 lakhs ex-showroom price.
Thanks.Probability one of the best cars in this price range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
Congrats mate on the upgrade, i can't imagine how you must be feeling driving a Abarth after 1.2 Punto

The service centers you have mentioned are fiat authorized ones ? No issues in warranty ?
Yes, they are the authorised Fiat ones. I've known the manager there for a while (since 09 to be precise) and it was a pleasant surprise to find him so close to my home. Also, as you said the brakes are fantastic but take about 100kms to get used to. Once you understand their nature, you can brake more confidently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnaveen21 View Post
Awesome review and good pics. I just love the Abarth with those alloys, they enhance the looks of the vehicle.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
...This is one car that I really want to buy but have not done it primarily due to lack of support from Fiat in the Navi Mumbai area. With a 9-5 job it really is tough atleast for someone like me to visit some far off Fiat service center to get service and support. I really hope Fiat opens up something in the vicinity.
There are 2 in Navi Mumbai now. One in Koperkhairane sec 1A and one in Panvel. Now you can buy a Fiat
blackwasp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 13:32   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Thanks

There are 2 in Navi Mumbai now. One in Koperkhairane sec 1A and one in Panvel. Now you can buy a Fiat
Thanks for this info. But no Abarth dealers yet and no info on Fiat India website.
Old 11th July 2016, 15:08   #19
BHPian

Excellent thread! Really enjoyed reading through, and I hope you continue to update it.

PS - Do the bosses at Suzuki know?!
sukrit7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 15:17   #20
BHPian

A nice uncomplicated review there, Kanad!!! Wish you many happy (s)miles on your Scorpion.

Fiat does know how to design simple yet elegant and timelessly beautiful cars. Had the budget not been an issue 5 years back, I would have been happily driving a Linea. Heck, I had even mentioned Linea as my favorite car while filling up the Team BHP registration form.

Remember, I had an opportunity to drive your Abarth after our Mohammad Ali Road meet. What an experience that was for 15 odd kms! Yes, the gear shift was a bit rubbery but certainly not a deal breaker. Only ergonomic flaw I found was long clutch travel and awkward dead pedal. Otherwise this car is just phenomenal.
mahesh_sn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 16:03   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
Excellent thread! Really enjoyed reading through, and I hope you continue to update it.

PS - Do the bosses at Suzuki know?!
Thanks! You can expect a monthly update to this thread if all goes as per plan.

Nice catch there, but I've been passing her off as after market stickering on a plain old Punto. But a few close colleagues do know what she really is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahesh_sn View Post
Remember, I had an opportunity to drive your Abarth after our Mohammad Ali Road meet. What an experience that was for 15 odd kms! Yes, the gear shift was a bit rubbery but certainly not a deal breaker. Only ergonomic flaw I found was long clutch travel and awkward dead pedal. Otherwise this car is just phenomenal.
Thankyou Mahesh. Agree with you regarding the dead pedal, but for the long clutch travel you need to spend more time with her.

Last edited by blackwasp : 11th July 2016 at 16:03. Reason: typo
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 16:31   #22
BHPian

Lovely review! As a 1.2 owner, I can relate !

A couple of questions: did you sell your earlier 1.2? Did you get a fair resale value?

The rats chewing up the wires: what do you mean when you say the wires were just connectors? They were dummy wires? You need to take extra precautions to preserve the car.

The engine note: does it change when you turn on the AC?

How is the alignment? Does it run straight or does it suffer from the infamous leftist control? <smiley>

Congrats again, on the classic! For everybody else, there are light, fuel efficient cars!
lapis_lazuli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 16:36   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on taking the plunge . I remember talking to you over PM's about the Mumbai dealer not getting a test drive car and finally news of they shutting shops. This is one of the reason, that I did not even bother to take a test drive while I was in Pune or Chennai for that matter, as I am not even considering one until they have a dedicated dealership in Mumbai.

Hope the car serves you well and wishing you many happy miles with your Abarth Punto
SnS_12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 17:05   #24
BHPian

@ Kanad

Congratulations on acquiring Italian beauty!

Awesome Review & Pics . That 145BHP motor must be hoot to drive. Abarth Punto looks stunning in white & red combination; I am yet to see one personally. Please keep updating as you pile on the kilometres

Wish you many Safe miles
driving_smartly is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 17:24   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
Lovely review! As a 1.2 owner, I can relate !

A couple of questions: did you sell your earlier 1.2? Did you get a fair resale value?

The rats chewing up the wires: what do you mean when you say the wires were just connectors? They were dummy wires? You need to take extra precautions to preserve the car.

The engine note: does it change when you turn on the AC?

How is the alignment? Does it run straight or does it suffer from the infamous leftist control?

Congrats again, on the classic! For everybody else, there are light, fuel efficient cars!
Well for a 7 year old car, I did get back 32% of its list price at the time of buying, so I'll say it was a fare value. As it is we weren't expecting much resale value, but the dealership offered us 30k rupees more than anyone else.

The wires chewed were ones having connectors on both ends. So they were swapped out rather than tape them together. Any other wire would have required careful re attachment of the cut wires.

AC or no AC doesn't matter. engine note remains same. Also a strange observation, turning on AC doesn't affect mileage much in city driving!

Ah, the infamous left pull issue. I'm glad to say that it's not the case for Abarth, but since the car is only 2 months old, I'll approach a wait and watch strategy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post
Congratulations on taking the plunge . I remember talking to you over PM's about the Mumbai dealer not getting a test drive car and finally news of they shutting shops.
Hope the car serves you well and wishing you many happy miles with your Abarth Punto
Yeah, well I could not wait for Fiat to open up a dealership in Mumbai and I was really worried they'd discontinue Abarth before I could buy her. But the situation might improve sooner than later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
@ Kanad

Congratulations on acquiring Italian beauty!

Awesome Review & Pics . That 145BHP motor must be hoot to drive. Abarth Punto looks stunning in white & red combination; I am yet to see one personally. Please keep updating as you pile on the kilometres

Wish you many Safe miles
Thanks.
blackwasp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 17:28   #26
BHPian

A nice and clean review. No stories, no English jargon, but all seems to have come from heart rather than mind
Congratulations on a great acquisition. Enjoy the ride.

If I were not in Bangalore [but in Chennai or my native], I would have definitely got this hot hatch for 2 reasons - FIAT my favourite and this one has all the power I wanted !

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 17:42   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on getting the Punto Abarth home. Enjoy many more miles flying with the Jet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
AC or no AC doesn't matter. engine note remains same. Also a strange observation, turning on AC doesn't affect mileage much in city driving!
I believe the AC Compressor is driven by clutch based pulley in Punto and Linea. So engaging and disengaging the AC would not impact the mileage that much. I will take a video of this and post it.
nkrishnap is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 18:23   #28
BHPian

That was a nice review with some awesome pictures. Many congratulations blackwasp and wishing you safe miles with the Italian Beauty
Keynote is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 19:40   #29
BHPian

BlackWasp, please accept my congratulations and some envy for bringing home the Abarth. I have driven the Abarth and its really a monster, power wise as well as torque wise, all that in a hatch

When i had taked a long TD of the Abarth, even I was a little spell bound to see that 155 mm of GC was quite sufficient, maybe because of the stiffer suspension setup. How do you find the ride quality at lower speeds, compared with your 1.2?

Have a happy Italian family, cheers.

Last edited by Waspune : 11th July 2016 at 19:42.
Waspune is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 20:22   #30
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 11th July 2016 at 22:44.
nehaagg is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks