Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2017, 13:09   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 Asta (O) AT comes home

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawnilrules View Post
There is one particular problem that I am facing, and I am speculating it to the throttle position sensor and the air intake manifold sensor. Even on the idle, the engine rpm keeps going up and down. Just as if in old-school Ambassador of Padmini's with carburettors. Hope you get what I mean here.
It looks like as if someone is slightly feathering the throttle every 2 seconds !
Is this with A/C on? Because when the AC engages / disengages, it results in rpm rising & falling. But again, the frequency of the ups and downs is too much as the AC does not engage / disengage so rapidly.
Old 13th November 2017, 13:29   #47
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 Asta (O) AT comes home

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
It looks like as if someone is slightly feathering the throttle every 2 seconds!
Absolutely, for some time, I felt I was sitting in a BEST bus. My foot was absolutely away from the throttle while all this drama was happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Is this with A/C on? Because when the AC engages/disengages, it results in rpm rising & falling. But again, the frequency of the ups and downs is too much as the AC does not engage/disengage so rapidly.
Yup, this is with AC on.

I have taken an appointment of coming Saturday at Hyundai, let's see what it turns out to be as per their diagnosis.
Old 13th November 2017, 22:17   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawnilrules View Post
There is one particular problem that I am facing, and I am speculating it to the throttle position sensor and the air intake manifold sensor. Even on the idle, the engine rpm keeps going up and down. Just as if in old-school Ambassador of Padmini's with carburettors. Hope you get what I mean here. Have uploaded a video of the same below..
I faced the exact same RPM fluctuation issue with our Grand i10 Asta(O) 1.2 petrol MT. Throttle body cleaning got rid of the issue.
skanchan95 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks