Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2016, 19:14   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Driven: Jaguar F-Pace

Dear Vid6639, You just raised the already high bar at Team BHP for other fellow review writers. Hot beautiful car, picturesque locale but the thoroughness of the review beats both. Rated a full 5 stars. It would be wicked fun to see an Indian owned company give the German 3 a run.
V.Narayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 22:30   #47
BHPian

Hi Vid6639, Excellent report, gave a well deserved 5 star rating.
I have been reading the first drive reports from some auto magazines and i can safely say that this report is the most comprehensive one. The attention to detail and explanation is awesome. Truly makes justice to this awesome vehicle from Jaguar. Pity that you did not get enough time behind the wheel of the petrol motor.
Old 15th July 2016, 00:55   #48
Senior - BHPian

hi Vidyut !!

your post says Jaguar logo on the hatch has a neat trick. Read on to know what it is:

I could not find out what the logo does. PLease explain.
Old 15th July 2016, 20:47   #49
BHPian

2 mules have already landed on the Indian shores for homologation purpose.

Driven: Jaguar F-Pace-f-pace.jpg

Last edited by MunnabhaiMBBS : 15th July 2016 at 20:48.
Old 18th July 2016, 15:31   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

ACI reports that the F-Pace will be launched during the festive season ahead, equipped with a 2.0L, 240HP petrol engine option first. The diesel-powered versions of the F-Pace will be launched by early-2017.

The said petrol engine will be shared with the XE sedan. When launched as a CBU, expect the price to be around Rs 80-85 lakhs, ex-showroom.

Quote:
The carmaker has however updated details of only the diesel-powered models on its website but sources in the company tell us that the petrol-powered model will come to India first.

While the Mercedes GLE and BMW X5 offer a petrol engine on their costlier, high-performance 450 Coupe and X5 M variants, the F-pace offers a petrol engine on its regular model.

The Porsche Macan is the only other close rival to the F-Pace to offer a petrol engine.
Old 19th July 2016, 10:54   #51
BHPian

Wow...wow...I guess you couldn't have asked for more. You get to drive such a mean beast in a picturesque twisties and enjoy the time in a gorgeous peaceful country. Thanks for sharing your experience Vid6639. It was indeed an excellent write-up accompanied with spell-bound pics.
Old 20th July 2016, 18:15   #52
BHPian

Excellent Review Vid! Awesome coverage of all aspects of the vehicle. Boy it's damn enviable for you to drive the car with the best engines in such an awesome location!

I think this would most likely go against the Macan and not against the Q5/GLC/X3/XC60. This will have enough buyers purely for exclusivity. Heck for our market even the 2.0 litre engine would work just fine. They should however consider assembling it here to lower the duties and make the pricing more attractive. The larger engine variants can probably come as CBUs.

The amount of tech is lovely on this car with the touchscreen, the driver console and the HUD. Even I'm confused what the logo does? I got what the "J" does but confused about the logo.

Hats off to Jaguar for going this route and seemingly getting it right the first time! Hope reliability and after sales is better than it's SUV focused stablemate.

I wonder if somewhere Land Rover wants to make a sedan possibly to rival the Rolls Royce?
miharbe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2016, 19:23   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Another so called SUV with no spare wheel!
XE comes with a spare wheel so I thought good sense has prevailed at JLR but no.
anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2016, 12:15   #54
BHPian

A Beautiful car with a Beautiful write-up. I'm so jealous of the reviewers here.

I just spotted a camoflauged F-Pace testing here in Pune (Old Mumbai-Pune Road) from my office window. It looks quite big on the road. In pictures, the clean cut lines mask the bulk well.

I might be wrong, but after seeing it in person, I think if someone is looking for a cheaper alternative to a stylish SUV like the Macan/Cayenne (dynamic abilities aside), this might just fit the bill.

Assuming this was a homologation run, the festive season launch seems to be on track.

Cheers,

Sid.
Old 23rd August 2016, 16:02   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

The F-Pace SUV has reached Jaguar dealerships.

A Rush Lane spy has managed to capture pics of a black one:

Driven: Jaguar F-Pace-jaguarfpacespiedinindia31140x762.jpg

Driven: Jaguar F-Pace-jaguarfpacespiedinindia2.jpg

Driven: Jaguar F-Pace-jaguarfpacespiedinindia1.jpg

Driven: Jaguar F-Pace-jaguarfpacespiedinindia4.jpg

The F-Pace SUV is lined up for a launch during the festive season ahead.
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 21:15   #56
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

I saw a blue one the other day, but since it was a little confidential so didn't wanted to share anywhere. It looks beautiful in flesh, I am guessing the F-Pace will see good numbers in its segment.
Old 24th August 2016, 19:07   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The buttons below the gear knob are for the different driving modes. Electronic parking brake and cruise control switch at the bottom:
Hey Vid6639, great review. I had one question to ask, does the F-pace have the auto hold function we see on them BMW's and Mercedes'? I dint see it on any other Jags or the Evoque. I was thinking of buying a new car and waiting of the F-pace could be an option. So was wondering if the Auto hold feature is present in the vehicles you drove or is it going to be present in our India-spec units? Or if anyone else could shed some light on this, thanks.
Old 30th August 2016, 09:37   #58
BHPian

Excellent review of an excellent ride
What can I say here what's not mentioned already, I only wish Jaguar would eventually start building this here. Buyers would have little bit of price advantage so that someone like me can dream about owning a Jag SUV one day. Though it seems very materialistic but different things motivate different people

Though Jaguar doesn't have a first mover advantage in SUV segment but what an entry this has made. Here is the latest report from Telegraph:

Quote:
Jaguar’s new F-Pace SUV has become the fastest-selling car in the company’s 94-year history, fuelling expectations that parent company JLR may finally be able to break nearly a decade of over-reliance on sales of Land Rover cars.
30,000 models of the marque’s first ever SUV have been sold globally since it hit British roads in mid-April before going on to be sold overseas. JLR is having to secure additional cars to satisfy customer demand, raising the prospect of a new production line having to be built at its Solihull factory if interest continues at the current pace.
Source: Telegraph
Old 10th September 2016, 15:06   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Captured on the streets of Mumbai by a NDTV Auto reader.

Quote:
the F-Pace will soon be launched in India and now one of the first ever cars has been spotted on the streets in Mumbai. Finished in a shade of red, the F-Pace looks rather menacing while in the company of other more affordable cars.
Driven: Jaguar F-Pace-jaguarfpace_827x510_71473487351.jpg

Driven: Jaguar F-Pace-jaguarfpacerear_827x510_51473487307.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 16:47   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Official launch expected in the 3rd week of October, with a starting price at around Rs 70 lakhs, according to CarDekho.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks