Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2017, 09:12   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
I had the warning display of low tyre pressure in the right rear tyre twice in the last 3 weeks. The first time I checked it was 26 PSi against the 32 that I maintain. I again faced this issue yesterday and this time it was 20 psi and this drop happened 3 weeks after filling the air at 32 Psi. I am assuming there is a puncture. Can RFT puncture be repaired by the usual road side guys? Since this is my first experience with RFTs, this question. Request Anyone with an experience on this to comment.
I had a puncture in one of the RFTs once. I got it fixed at a regular tyre shop. They plugged it with a gooey strip, as they would for a regular tubeless. Also do check if the valve is leaking.
Old 2nd November 2017, 12:36   #152
BHPian

Re: A tryst with Sheer Driving Pleasure - My BMW X1 xDrive 20d M-Sport

I am asking on behalf of my in laws who just got their X1 M-sport.
Can you please tell us if the BMW remote keys can be programmed for side rear view mirrors fold by pressing LOCK Button.
If yes, was it done by dealer or if it can be done from i drive.

Last edited by Wanderers : 2nd November 2017 at 12:38.
Old 2nd November 2017, 12:43   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
...remote keys can be programmed for side rear view mirrors fold by pressing LOCK Button..
Press and hold the lock (BMW Logo) for 2 or 3 seconds, both mirrors will fold and any glasses that are open will be rolled up. And next time when you unlock, mirrors will unfold by itself. Unfortunately mirror folding happens only when we press and hold, there is no default folding mechanism, unless BMW has done a firmware upgrade recently. Hope that helps
shajufx is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th November 2017, 07:10   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Press and hold the lock (BMW Logo) for 2 or 3 seconds, both mirrors will fold and any glasses that are open will be rolled up. And next time when you unlock, mirrors will unfold by itself. Unfortunately mirror folding happens only when we press and hold, there is no default folding mechanism, unless BMW has done a firmware upgrade recently. Hope that helps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
I am asking on behalf of my in laws who just got their X1 M-sport.
Can you please tell us if the BMW remote keys can be programmed for side rear view mirrors fold by pressing LOCK Button.
If yes, was it done by dealer or if it can be done from i drive.
It can be coded thru Carly paid app and kit, to fold mirrors on the lock press itself.
Have a look at the app. one can code quite a few things in it, like the brightness of the DRL's etc.

Last edited by nanu28 : 14th November 2017 at 07:17.
nanu28 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2017, 15:53   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanu28 View Post
It can be coded thru Carly paid app and kit, to fold mirrors on the lock press itself.....
Is it worth spending Rs.3000+ just for the mirror folding ? A complimentary firmware update might sort that out very soon. Other tools offered in the app is service reset and used car check etc. which is of no use anyway. It may be useful for an owner with X5 or above as those models have got plenty of fine tuning options. Just my 2 cents
Old 16th December 2017, 12:20   #156
BHPian

Hi guys,
I'm planning to finalise the X1 msport in a couple of weeks. Just had a few queries and need your expert opinion before I spend the big bucks.
I'm being offered 48L and may be another 1L or 2L or so may be knocked down during the final negotiation. Is the price a good buy ?
Secondly, I'm hearing that the LCI update for the X1 might be around the corner. Anyone has an idea about this ? Seems the update will have Touch Screen Display, Digital Instrument Cluster and they are shifting back to the ZF gearbox (and gear lever like in the 5 series). I love these updates.
Should I wait or go ahead right now ?
Old 16th December 2017, 12:59   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepjaju View Post
Seems the update will have Touch Screen Display, Digital Instrument Cluster and they are shifting back to the ZF gearbox (and gear lever like in the 5 series). I love these updates.
The touch screen update is quite possible for the LCI, but I doubt it will get the 8 spd ZF. If I am not wrong, the X1 has a transversely mounted engine and hence it gets the 8 speed Aisin box. Generally LCI's get a nip and tuck here and there but deep changes don't generally happen. I will be happy to be proved wrong though.

EDIT : A bit of googling led me to this link. http://www.bmwblog.com/2017/05/12/bm...on-ukl-models/
Is BMW dumping the Aisin box for 7 speed DCTs?

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 16th December 2017 at 13:02. Reason: Added blog link
Old 16th December 2017, 13:37   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
The touch screen update is quite possible for the LCI, but I doubt it will get the 8 spd ZF. If I am not wrong, the X1 has a transversely mounted engine and hence it gets the 8 speed Aisin box. Generally LCI's get a nip and tuck here and there but deep changes don't generally happen. I will be happy to be proved wrong though.

EDIT : A bit of googling led me to this link. http://www.bmwblog.com/2017/05/12/bm...on-ukl-models/
Is BMW dumping the Aisin box for 7 speed DCTs?
I just followed up on your link and I managed to source some more news http://www.bmwblog.com/2017/10/26/ph...-x2-vs-bmw-x1/
The photo comparison clearly shows the X2 has the new gear stick, so may be the X1 might get that too.
But the X2 does not have digital instrument cluster they have a hybrid (some digital and dials analog). Does this mean X1 won't get the digital cluster ?
Old 16th December 2017, 15:55   #159
BHPian

Quote:
I'm hearing that the LCI update for the X1 might be around the corner.
Quote:
The touch screen update is quite possible for the LCI.
The SA that I’m in talks with at BMW Ranchi said that the LCI update for the X1 is a long way off & wouldn’t happen for a couple of years.
Does anyone have a credible source against the same?
AShubrah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2017, 16:39   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AShubrah View Post
The SA that I’m in talks with at BMW Ranchi said that the LCI update for the X1 is a long way off & wouldn’t happen for a couple of years.
Does anyone have a credible source against the same?
Generally BMW comes out with LCI refresh after 3 years of any particular model's launch. The current X1 xame out in 2015. So 2018 should see an LCI refresh coming out. Expect it in the second half of 2018.

Don't believe the SA in such matters. He is just trying to sell what he has to sell right now .
Santoshbhat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2017, 17:04   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys,
I'm planning to finalise the X1 msport in a couple of weeks. Just had a few queries and need your expert opinion before I spend the big bucks.
I'm being offered 48L and may be another 1L or 2L or so may be knocked down during the final negotiation. Is the price a good buy ?
Secondly, I'm hearing that the LCI update for the X1 might be around the corner. Anyone has an idea about this ? Seems the update will have Touch Screen Display, Digital Instrument Cluster and they are shifting back to the ZF gearbox (and gear lever like in the 5 series). I love these updates.
Maybe worth waiting for the X3. The xdrive AWD system and the ZF gearbox come standard and it is based on the new CLAR platform of the recently launched 5 series, with interior quality levels way ahead of the X1. There is lot of competition in that sector and BMW is expected to price the X3 very keenly, given it is probably the only major model update they have to speak of next year. You also get a true blue RWD based BMW car.
Old 16th December 2017, 17:05   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Generally BMW comes out with LCI refresh after 3 years of any particular model's launch. The current X1 xame out in 2015. So 2018 should see an LCI refresh coming out. Expect it in the second half of 2018.

Don't believe the SA in such matters. He is just trying to sell what he has to sell right now .
I’m not even kidding when he told me, upon enquiring about the same, that BMW comes out with the LCI after 7 years of the initial launch.

He was very pushy on getting a cheque even before the TD started, though.
AShubrah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2017, 08:08   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys,

Hi having driven the MSport for a year and a half, I can safely tell you that is one hell of a car. Is the 48L you are getting on road in Bangalore? If so it is a good deal. I believe the X3 will be launched in mid 2018 and any update to X1 will only happen earliest in 2019. I don't think there is any problem with the AISIN gearbox and hence don't see a big value in the ZF unless you get a RWD. I suggest you go for the X1 now else you could wait for the X3 and that is one of the better SUVs, from all reviews I have seen
Old 19th December 2017, 16:22   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Hi having driven the MSport for a year and a half, I can safely tell you that is one hell of a car. Is the 48L you are getting on road in Bangalore? If so it is a good deal. I believe the X3 will be launched in mid 2018 and any update to X1 will only happen earliest in 2019. I don't think there is any problem with the AISIN gearbox and hence don't see a big value in the ZF unless you get a RWD. I suggest you go for the X1 now else you could wait for the X3 and that is one of the better SUVs, from all reviews I have seen
He is saying 48 On road in Jaipur and am pretty sure he will reduce a lac or two on further negotiations. Its just that the car is really good in dynamics but it kinda lacks a few gizmos like touch screen, digital instrument cluster. So a bit skeptical whether to go for the car now sticking hard on the negotiation or wait for the LCI next year paying full price.

Apparently, the SA had told me, the 3 series and the 3GT are getting a few add ons such as touch screen (like the one in the 5 series), digital cluster and leather seats. These items have been finalized and would be launching sometime in the next few months or so. Just a tip !

Got a call from delhi, a used car dealer is offering me Unregistered (Test drive Car) of the new 5 series 520d sports line 2000 kms run for 45L Ex-showroom. Is it worth considering ?
Old 23rd December 2017, 07:01   #165
BHPian

Quote:
He is saying 48 On road in Jaipur and am pretty sure he will reduce a lac or two on further negotiations. Its just that the car is really good in dynamics but it kinda lacks a few gizmos like touch screen, digital instrument cluster. So a bit skeptical whether to go for the car now sticking hard on the negotiation or wait for the LCI next year paying full price.

Apparently, the SA had told me, the 3 series and the 3GT are getting a few add ons such as touch screen (like the one in the 5 series), digital cluster and leather seats. These items have been finalized and would be launching sometime in the next few months or so. Just a tip !

Got a call from delhi, a used car dealer is offering me Unregistered (Test drive Car) of the new 5 series 520d sports line 2000 kms run for 45L Ex-showroom. Is it worth considering ?

Wow! If those features like touch screen and digital cluster come in X1 it will become an even more attractive proposition

The 5 seems a good deal, but watch out for test drive cars, you never know what could be wrong with that and hence do a proper due diligence before plunging into it. Just my humble opinion.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks