Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2018, 19:03   #181
BHPian

Re: A tryst with Sheer Driving Pleasure - My BMW X1 xDrive 20d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJo View Post
I can tell you about the quote for the 1st year, I have received:
(Zero dep/Return to Invoice/etc) BMW (Bajaj Alliance) Insurance - Rs. 93k (on Vehicle ExShroom price - 37Lacs). (This is without transfer of NCB).

Thanks,
AJ
Thanks, but I am interested in Second and Third year.
First year even I have paid about the same.
Old 28th August 2018, 23:11   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanu28 View Post
Thanks, but I am interested in Second and Third year.

First year even I have paid about the same.

In the second year on renewal I paid Ra 67.5K with an IDV of Rs 37L and Rs 64K in the 3rd year at an IDV of Rs 33L, both through HDFC Ergo
nurni76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2018, 06:10   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
In the second year on renewal I paid Ra 67.5K with an IDV of Rs 37L and Rs 64K in the 3rd year at an IDV of Rs 33L, both through HDFC Ergo
That is with Zero Dep. I am assuming.
Did you have HDFC in the first year as well, and got No Claim Bonus ?
Thanks alot.
Old 29th August 2018, 23:42   #184
BHPian

Quote:
That is with Zero Dep. I am assuming.

Did you have HDFC in the first year as well, and got No Claim Bonus ?

Thanks alot.

Yes, this was Zero Dep and I got the no claim bonus as well
Old 3rd September 2018, 15:49   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Yes, this was Zero Dep and I got the no claim bonus as well
Hi Buddy, mine is ready for 2nd renewal, dealer had originally given me Bajaj Allianz, I did my 1st renewal from HDFC Ergo. So far no claims which is 25% NCB. Zero Dep policies are quoted widely different between HDFC, Royal Sundaram and Bharati Axa. Then a self claimed "BMW insurance renewal team" calls me today to offer the lowest from all of them. The email details they send me does not look like coming from the dealer team, because the english is poor and hurried typing on an excel sheet. There is no office address or website.

Presently I am planning to renew with HDFC itself. My question is, any of you got calls from the so called 'dealer team' with the lowest quotes ? How does it matter if we change insurance company each year ?
Old 18th September 2018, 15:57   #186
BHPian

Also I would like to know the same, if I can switch to Royal Sundaram. As they seem to be giving the best quote out of the decent companies with Zero dep.
Currently I am with Bajaj Allianz thru BMW.
Old 25th September 2018, 16:05   #187
BNM
BHPian

Mud flaps Anyone ?
Hi guys, This is my first post on this thread (I used to maintain the ownership report on my Creta A/T on this forum). I got my SDrive Xline 20 in August and done about a 1000 Kms on the Bangalore roads. One thing that has irritated me is the absence of Mud flaps which leaves a nasty splash on the bumpers especially with so much rain in Bangalore nowadays. To make a long story short, the BMW accessories guy called me up and told me that I could get Mud Flaps fitted for 17K for all 4 wheels. I thought it was a bit steep. I looked up on eBay USA and found that it is available for 30 to 40 USD. I am going to the US next week and can hand carry it back here. Its a matter of getting it fitted here. Any advice for or against it ?

Last edited by BNM : 25th September 2018 at 16:08.
Old 30th September 2018, 09:12   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
Mud flaps Anyone ?
Hi guys, This is my first post on this thread (I used to maintain the ownership report on my Creta A/T on this forum). I got my SDrive Xline 20 in August and done about a 1000 Kms on the Bangalore roads. One thing that has irritated me is the absence of Mud flaps which leaves a nasty splash on the bumpers especially with so much rain in Bangalore nowadays. To make a long story short, the BMW accessories guy called me up and told me that I could get Mud Flaps fitted for 17K for all 4 wheels. I thought it was a bit steep. I looked up on eBay USA and found that it is available for 30 to 40 USD. I am going to the US next week and can hand carry it back here. Its a matter of getting it fitted here. Any advice for or against it ?
There is nothing much to fit, should be easy DIY, just get them from the USA, it will be way cheaper. We got ours with the car while bargaining at the time of initial purchase.
One thing to note though, is that they are had plastic, and will scrape on a few steep speed bumps. I have scraped them a couple of times over the last year.
nanu28 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 07:22   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Presently I am planning to renew with HDFC itself. My question is, any of you got calls from the so called 'dealer team' with the lowest quotes ? How does it matter if we change insurance company each year ?
We switched from Bajaj Allianz to HDFC Ergo.
HDFC was cheaper with the same IDV.

It should not matter switching insurance companies as long as they have a tie up with BMW, which I am sure most major ones do. Just check what all is included and what all you can let go off eg. Road side assistance, key loss etc.
nanu28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2019, 09:33   #190
BHPian

OP. Any update? How was your next service(Third / Fourth)? Did you get your brake pads changed?
Just want to know what to expect.
Thank you,

Last edited by nanu28 : 5th October 2019 at 09:36.
Old 5th October 2019, 16:13   #191
BHPian

Quote:
OP. Any update? How was your next service(Third / Fourth)? Did you get your brake pads changed?
Just want to know what to expect.
Thank you,

My next service is due in a month. However the brake pads were replaced in the last service. Will post an update post my service
Old 5th August 2022, 17:53   #192
BHPian

I just realized there is quite a bit of water leakage on the rear left side of my X1. Its not directly under the sunroof so i'm guessing the sunroof itself is not leaking but not sure where it drains and someone had mentioned these drains getting clogged. The roof liner is totally spoilt. I'll have to probably get that replaced as well once the problem is fixed. Any help on how to identify the problem and possible solution would be greatly appreciated.
Old 24th February 2023, 00:15   #193
FNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatsoboy View Post
I just realized there is quite a bit of water leakage on the rear left side of my X1.
Any update on the water leakage? Were you able to find the source and get it fixed?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks