Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2016, 07:20   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Thanks buddy. I agree its very tough to find some images of the expedition variant. I searched for a month and found only few international variants which are again different from the Indian version. BMW has stripped down few things on the base variant which is not easily noticed but a curious eye can not miss them eg. no brushed aluminium touches on the back, front and side skirts of the exterior, roof rails, steering etc. Bit of aluminium paint here and there will not make any difference in the cost but no idea why they avoided that ! Apart from that, I dont find anything worth mentioning !

Few pics as you requested, taken early morning]

Nice pictures Shaju. Even though the interiors are beige, there are differences from my X1. Eg: the A pillar from inside is beige in yours while black in mine. So there are multiple interior combinations of colours I guess.

Happy to note that your are really enjoying the drive. You even feel the ride is good, I guess mine is a little hard on sharp edges because of the M Suspension.
Old 13th October 2016, 17:15   #62
BHPian

Re: A tryst with Sheer Driving Pleasure - My BMW X1 xDrive 20d M-Sport

Any idea as to how 1% TCS (Tax Collected at Source) can be refunded from IT Dept? For my BMW X1 sDrive 20d xLine, Rs. 35,612 was collected as TCS ....
Old 15th October 2016, 15:05   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
Any idea as to how 1% TCS (Tax Collected at Source) can be refunded from IT Dept? For my BMW X1 sDrive 20d xLine, Rs. 35,612 was collected as TCS ....

Not sure. Enquired with the dealer and he mentioned to check with Tax consultant. Let me know in case you figure out the same
Old 15th October 2016, 18:15   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Not sure. Enquired with the dealer and he mentioned to check with Tax consultant. Let me know in case you figure out the same
Dear ecosport / nurni76,

You have raised a good point! I had forgotten to do this for my new Scorpio! Thanks for reminding me. I just called my SA and he said "yes - I remember". He said he will send the TDS shortly. I do not know why you need to check with tax consultant - it is a simple 'Tax Deducted at Source' certificate. The dealer has to issue it - thats all!

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
Old 3rd December 2016, 13:44   #65
BHPian

A tryst with Sheer Driving Pleasure - My BMW X1 xDrive 20d M-Sport

Completed 4K kms on my Msport and the pleasure of driving just keeps increasing. I am consistently getting around 13-14 Kmpl mileage with 90% city driving. While I have not faced any issues so far, there are some minor irritants like a small squeaky noise from the rear seat. While it is very minor, it is irritating. Will try and get to the service centre to get it checked next week. Now that I have crossed 4K kms, planning to go on a longish drive and do some bursts in open highways to test the engine performance. Will keep the thread posted on more updates.
Old 3rd December 2016, 17:42   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
....I am consistently getting around 13-14 Kmpl mileage with 90% city driving. While I have not faced any issues so far, there are some minor irritants like a small squeaky noise from the rear seat. While it is very minor, it is irritating....
Is it not too low mileage ? Mine is 18-20 throughout. Considering the engine being the same, you must be getting 17+ by all means. Although I don't use the auto engine off regularly, it gives an impressive mileage within city traffic. Even a 5 second stop cuts off the engine, which I don't like personally but a boon for max miles for the litre. About the noise, I felt it's from the boot, more of a metal clank on bad roads. Not able to figure out the source. It's a major irritant.
Old 3rd December 2016, 18:07   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Is it not too low mileage ? Mine is 18-20 throughout. Considering the engine being the same, you must be getting 17+ by all means. Although I don't use the auto engine off regularly, it gives an impressive mileage within city traffic. Even a 5 second stop cuts off the engine, which I don't like personally but a boon for max miles for the litre. About the noise, I felt it's from the boot, more of a metal clank on bad roads. Not able to figure out the source. It's a major irritant.

If you are getting 17+ it is really surprising, pleasantly though. I just get 15-16 even in my Ertiga. I always use the auto engine cut off, but you may want to check by tankful method, because 18-20 in Bangalore traffic seems improbable. I don't think the noise is from Boot as I can feel it is a squeaky noise from the rear seat (leathery noise)
Old 5th December 2016, 10:58   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you are getting 17+ it is really surprising, ....you may want to check by tankful method, because 18-20 in Bangalore traffic seems improbable. I don't think the noise is from Boot as I can feel it is a squeaky noise from the rear seat (leathery noise)
Forgot to mention, I dont drive within the city much, its mostly airport direction or free empty roads majority of the time. Other than the hebbal block (end of flyover to hebbal signal), I don't face much waiting anywhere. Not yet tried the tank full calculation. Will do that soon.

The noise we are discussing seem to be different types. Mine is a clear metal clanking without doubt which is only on bad patches or potholes. My brother in law who just came for holidays from Oman claims his VW Jetta has the same noise and he affirms its from the rear shock absorbers. His claim seems to be in line with the comments I read on the international X1 threads.
Old 1st January 2017, 12:43   #69
BHPian

Did a 750Km long tour across Coorg and Kabini in my Msport and the experience was just outstanding in the winding narrow roads of Coorg. Could test the vehicle in some extremely poor roads as well as some non existent ones. The xdrive really made mince meat of all such terrain and the best part was that even in big humps the underbody never scraped. Also got to test some high RPMs on nice express way and that was sheer exhilaration. The overall mileage achieved was 17Kmpl which I think is decent considering the narrow roads. The first service is still 7 months and 7k kms away and have no major issues as of now.
Old 1st January 2017, 13:18   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You will get it as a refund after you file your returns. Did the dealer give you a TCS certificate?
Old 10th January 2017, 14:46   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks buddy. I agree its very tough to find some images of the expedition variant.
Quote:
No, I haven't opted for the BSI, just the basic Insurance that comes as part of the package
Hi Shajufx and Nurni76

First of all let me congratulate both of you for your beauties

We (Dad and Mom) are planning to buy the exact same color as Shajufx for the expedition model towards the end of this year or early next year. So now eagerly waiting for it.

I apologise if you all have already answered this question.

Nurni76 you have mentioned you havent purchased the BSI and tire package. In your opinion do you think it is worth it our running would primarily be in city and we run probably 12-15k kms in a year.

Considering over 3 years the costs quoted by the dealer is over 1.7lakhs on BSI are the service costs so high if we get it done on our own from BMW for normal maintenance?

This would be a first for us in the luxury marques and we are little scared of people complaining of heavy maintenance demanded by the German trio (strictly what I have heard not offending any one).

Would love yours and others opinions on this topic. We saw the Q3 as well but all of us are just completely sold on the BMW's looks and interior space. Though I love the BMW angel eyes.
Old 10th January 2017, 18:53   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronz_2507 View Post
....you havent purchased the BSI and tire package. In your opinion do you think it is worth it our running would primarily be in city and we run probably 12-15k kms in a year.......we are little scared of people complaining of heavy maintenance demanded by the German trio ....We saw the Q3 as well but all of us are just completely sold on the BMW's looks and interior space. Though I love the BMW angel eyes.
Question is not to me, but I would love to put my 2 cents. I have around 5 friends who bought BMWs in 2016 (not ignoring other friends who bought previous years), none of them have the BSI or whatever is sold separate from the original invoice. Meaning, its not a concern or worry by any means.

Now about the heavy maintenance : I am told by other owners, you have to reserve around 25k to 30k per year for keeping your machine in its perfect condition. Thats the least price you pay for stepping into a luxury segment. Some brands half the cost of BMW have charged equal service charges as reported by many threads and ownership reviews.

Looks, interior space and latest design in the market compared to others, you have no alternative for the X1 as of now. Angel eyes (DRLs) is something which makes people get hooked to your car until it disappears even in the brightest day light. I have noticed it within the city, parking lots, malls etc. Personally, I find these dual circle DRLs far better looking than Audis, Volvos and Mercs.
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 21:46   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronz_2507 View Post
Hi Shajufx and Nurni76

First of all let me congratulate both of you for your beauties

I apologise if you all have already answered this question.

Nurni76 you have mentioned you havent purchased the BSI and tire package. In your opinion do you think it is worth it our running would primarily be in city and we run probably 12-15k kms in a year.

Considering over 3 years the costs quoted by the dealer is over 1.7lakhs on BSI are the service costs so high if we get it done on our own from BMW for normal maintenance?

Thanks. I am really enjoying the ride. My current usage is around 1000Kms per month and yours seems to be in a similar range. Based on my discussions with the service associate, I don't think there is a need for the BSI package. Of course this is also my first luxury car and have no experience on the costs, but for now I am not going for the BSI package.
nurni76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 13:01   #74
BHPian

Hi Guys ,
Does anyone know of a good place to buy the Original 3D mats in Pune ? I have got a quote for 9,250. He does not have in the shop and will have to order it. How is the fit of these mats ? any pictures would be helpful.
Thanks !
Old 12th February 2017, 20:16   #75
BHPian

Hi , considering the X1 but just can't get over the lack of rear view camera in any of the versions. Does anyone know or have any experience regarding the possibility and the cost involved to have the rear view camera retrofitted at the dealership level?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks